Chapter 20

Unexpected Drama

 

Three days have passed since that dreadful confession. As soon as I got home on that day, I quickly went to my room with my head down since I was teary-eyed. Onew and Key were still up, but I walked by them so fast I didn’t give them a chance to ask anything. Before even trying to go to sleep, I waited next to my door with my ear pressed against it to hear when Minho comes in. He finally came in twenty minutes later and I got nervous. Key asked him why he and I got back so late. I heard Minho reply that he took extra time recording and apologized, that’s it. He sounded monotone and Key questioned him in his diva attitude. I got more nervous thinking he would say something, but he just said he was tired. I felt my heart rate increase when I heard his footsteps getting closer. When they sounded like it was right by my door, the footsteps stopped and my heart was pounding so fast. I didn’t know if he would knock on my door or just go straight to bed. With my luck, he passed by and then I heard the sound of SHINee’s bedroom door close. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

I was dreading the next day because I didn’t want to see him yet, but to my surprise, when I went into the living room, no one was there. I saw a note on the table and I noticed it was Onew’s handwriting. Basically what the note said was that SHINee was having a concert in the Philippines and would be gone for three days. A wave of relief washed over me knowing that I had time to think about what to do. I felt like finally I’m getting some luck. Only thing is I didn’t know how bored I could be without any of them. I still had practice, but they didn’t take up the whole day. Yesterday I texted Amber from f(x) to see if she could hang out, but sadly f(x) have been busy doing variety shows.

Well, today is the last day and then they’ll be back tomorrow. I was happy because I’m bored, but nervous because of the Minho situation. I still don’t have a clear idea what to do. I have the idea of just acting normal like nothing ever happened, but that will only work if Minho acts that way too. Anyway, right now I’m on the couch flipping through channels since I have today off. I give up trying to find something to watch and just decide to take a nap since there’s nothing better to do at the moment. As soon as I close my eyes, I hear my phone vibrate. I reach for it and look to see who it is and it’s Taemin.

I quickly answer it, “Taemin-ah!”

I hear him chuckle from my excitement, “Annyeong, Noona! Jal jinesseoyo?”

“Shim shim hae!” I pout even though I know he can’t see it right now. His response to my complaint is just a laugh. “Taemin-ah, bogoshipeo.”

“Nado.” He simply replies sounding a little sad.

“How was the concert? I bet you guys did great!” I say to make him perk up.

“Ne! It was a lot of fun; the fans went crazy during Jonghyun-hyung’s solo.”

“Haha! Wow, that’s awesome. How’s he doing by the way?” I ask out of curiosity.

All of a sudden I hear a voice in the background at Taemin’s end, “Yah! Taemin-ah! Who are you talking to? Is that Kate-ah!? Let me say hi!” Now it sounds like Taemin is playing tug-of-war with his phone and I can’t help but laugh at what I’m hearing. All of a sudden I can hear the voice clearly, “Kate-ah!”

“Jonghyun-oppa! Annyeong!” I say cheerfully.

“Bogoshipda!”

I chuckle, “Ne, Oppa. Nado.” I then hear another voice in the background and some more tug-of war.

“Kate-ah! I hope you’re eating well! I made sure to have enough food in the refrigerator for these three days.” I’m a little hesitant with what Key says, but chuckle that he acts so motherly even from so far away.

“Ne, don’t worry, Key-eomma.”

“Ah, Kate-noona, sorry about that.” Taemin said finally getting back his fun after much struggle.

“Gwenchana, I’m glad I got to say hi. What about Onew-oppa?”

“Ah, he’s talking with manager-hyung right now so he can’t say hi.” He replies.

“Oh I see. Um…how’s Minho-oppa?” I ask a little hesitantly.

“He’s ok I guess. Hyung must not be getting much sleep since he wasn’t as energetic as he usually is for a concert.”

“It’s my fault…” I quietly say that was only meant for me, but Taemin hears it.

“Mwo? What’s your fault?” Sounding curious.

“N-nothing, Taemin-ah! Don’t worry about it!” I wave my hand in front of my face even though it’s pointless since I’m on the phone with him.

“Noona, remember what you promised me. I’ll ask Minho-hyung if you won’t tell me.”

“Anio!” I shout slightly panicked. I sigh, “Taemin-ah, I’ll tell you when you guys get back, arasseo? Just don’t ask Minho-oppa anything.”

“Arasseo. Anyway, I have to go now, but I’ll see you soon! Annyeong!” I say my good-bye to Taemin and then we hang up. I look at what time it is and see that the call only took up fifteen minutes of my day.

I sigh in aggravation, kick my feet in the air, then shout into a couch cushion, “Shim shim hae!”

Thankfully, my last day without SHINee ends quicker than I thought. Currently I'm in the dance at the SM Building practicing. I insisted on practicing my dancing when I'm supposed to be singing because I'm feeling extremely anxious since I need to face Minho. After I finish my next dance, I start to feel my hunger and feel a little dizzy so I decide to take a break getting my water bottle. It happens to be perfect timing since Seunghye walks in the room to check in on me.

She walks right over to me with the same expression she always has, "Annyeonghasaeyo, how are you doing with your dance practice?"

"I think I'm improving more. I'm definitely better than when I started training." I reply simply. I hear the door open to the studio, but I ignore it keeping my focus on Seunghye.

"That's good. I can also see that you've lost weight like I suggested you should do." Seunghye says looking me up and down.

"Ne, I've made sure to lose weight. Gamsahabnida." I feel happy about her compliment.

"Arasseo, I'll be leaving now. Keep up the good work." She bows slightly and I also bow as my way of saying good-bye. I turn around to put my water bottle back down hearing her leave the room. When I stand back up, someone's hands cover my eyes surprising me.

"Guess who." The person says happily and I already know who that voice belongs to. I grab his hands pulling them down and I look in the mirror smiling that I'm right.

"Jonghyun-oppa!" I say excitedly turning around and hug him around his neck.

"Annyeong. Did you miss me?" He says returning my hug chuckling.

I pull away from him and look behind him, “Where are the others?”

“Ah, well, they decided to stay another day, so we can be alone together.” He smiles at me sweetly. I blush interpreting what he just said and he looks at me clueless as to why I’m getting flustered. He must have noticed what he just said all of a sudden because his eyes go wide and starts blushing too, “A-anio! I didn’t mean like that!” Jonghyun steps back waving his hands in front of him franticly while shaking his head.

I can’t help but laugh at his embarrassed behavior, “Finally I get to see you blush haha!” He stops being jumpy putting him arms down and smirks giving me a little shove. We just laugh at the whole situation until I notice that he stops and is staring at me with a slight serious face. “Jonghyun-oppa? Gwenchana?” I wave my hand in front of his face seeing that he spaced out slightly.

He snaps out of his serious trance on me, “Ah, mianhae, just a little tired from the flight still.”

“Arasseo, you should go to the dorm and rest then.”

“Only if you come back with me.” He smiles his cheesy grin at going back to normal Jonghyun.

“I can’t, I have a schedule today as you can see. I’m not done until later.” I give him a pout.

He puts up his finger swaying it from side to side smirking, “You don’t anymore, I was able to clear the rest of the day for you.”

My mouth opens a little, “Eoteokke!?” He walks over to my side and puts his right arm around my shoulder walking me and him out of the dance studio.

“I just talked to Seunghye-sshi to clear it for you…and switched one of your free days to today instead.”

“Mwo!? What day did you switch!?”

“Don’t worry; it’s not a holiday one.” All I can do is sigh since it’s already been done, but I am happy I can spend a day with Jonghyun, plus I have one more day until I have to face Minho. The van is out front of the SM building and Jonghyun opens the door for me instead of the driver. When I get in, I can see that Jonghyun still has his luggage in the back.

“Yah, you came straight from the airport?” I ask a little shocked.

“Hm…kind of.” He smirks again. I give him a confused look, but before I can ask another question he speaks again. “Kate-ah, you’ll see what I mean when we head back to the dorm.” With that said I left it alone. The ride is quiet the whole way there. I decide to just look out the window and watch the buildings pass by. In the next moment, I get a surprise when I feel something heavy on my shoulder. I turn my head to see a sleepy Jonghyun leaning his head on my shoulder. Since he sleeps with his eyes slightly open, I’m not sure if he’s actually asleep or just resting his head on me. Either way, I just let him stay there until we’re at our destination. The ride soon ends and Jonghyun stayed on my shoulder the whole time. Since I need to wake him up, I turn back to him, but to my surprise, his puppy eyes are looking back at me.

“I-I thought you were sleeping.” I blush from how close our faces are.

“Anio, I just wanted to rest my head on you.” Jonghyun says with the signature smile plastered on his face. He sits up then grabs my hand, “Kaja.” He pulls me out of the van and after we bow thanking the driver, we go up to our dorm. Looking at Jonghyun, he seems to be excited about something and I want to know what. We get to the door and after opening it; he stands behind me and then puts his hand over my eyes. “No peeking, arasseo?”

“What’s going on?” I’m really curious what he’s planning by now. I walk forward and I can sense we’re now in the living room.

“Tah-dah!” His hands leave my face and I open my eyes to see snacks on the table with two mugs of hot chocolate. Next to that are a stack of video games and next to those is a DVD of my favorite movie, Spirited Away. On the couch I see a giant blanket placed nicely and pillows.

I turn to him happy and surprised, “When did you do this?”

He chuckles liking my reaction, “Before I came to the SM building, I set up everything and then went to meet you. I forgot to take my luggage upstairs because I was so focused on making sure I did everything here.”

All I can do is smile a huge grin and give him a big hug, but right before that, a quick peck on the cheek, “Gomawo, Oppa!” I can tell he definitely liked the kiss on the cheek because his smile can’t ever get larger than it is right now. Getting excited I grab his hand pulling him to the couch, “Nolja!”

“Haha, arasseo. Let me put my luggage in my room first.” He grabs his luggage while I look through the stack of games choosing which one to play first. All of them are for the PlayStation 2 which is my favorite game system. Finally after thinking it through, I choose the game Soul Caliber 2, an awesome fighting game. Jonghyun walks back into the living room and sits on the couch next to me.

“Did you decide what you want to play first?” I hold up the game and he smirks. “You know I’m going to beat you, Jagiya.”

“Haha! No way will you…” I stop with my eyes slightly wide when I realize what he called me, “Wait…what did you call me?”

He chuckles and walks to the PlayStation 2 to put in the game, “Jagiya, you’re my girlfriend now so I want to call you that. Is that ok?”

He walks back to his seat smiling at me while I blush, “N-ne…I just didn’t expect it and I’m not really used to it since I’ve never been called that before.”

I feel him pinch my right cheek, “My jagiya is so cute.”

Before I blush a deeper red, I wave his hand away and grab my controller, “Yah! Let’s play already so I can beat you already.”

“You’re on!” He says grabbing his controller also. We play for a while and it’s a pretty even match, but in the end I win with 14-12. We go on to play a racing game which he wins at because I’m terrible at them and it’s the reason why I think I shouldn’t drive. We play a few more games and have some laughs in between. Jonghyun eats a bunch of the snacks he set out on the table for us while playing, but I don’t touch them, just my drink. We finally take a break from playing video games and Jonghyun grabs both of our glasses to refill them in the kitchen. I take a look at what the time is…it’s 8pm and we started playing around 6pm. ‘Wow time goes by quickly when you don’t pay attention to it.’

He comes back with full glasses and hands me mine, “Do you want to watch the movie now?”

I grab the glass and put it on the coffee table, “Sure, but I want to change into my pajamas first.”

“Arasseo, I’ll go change too.” With that said, we both go to our rooms to change into our night clothes. I decide to put on my red plaid pajama pants with a V-neck shirt that says “Bee Happy” with a picture of a bee in the middle. As I change it finally sinks in that I’m alone with a guy. I start getting nervous and pace my room. ‘Oh gosh! I’m alone in the dorm with Jonghyun spending the night with him! I didn’t think about it earlier because it was just us playing video games like what friends do. Now that it’s later at night and we’re going to watch a movie…kya! I mean, I would be fine if we were just friends…but we’re not! Then when we go to sleep…we’re sleeping in our own room’s right? What if he’s expecting us to sleep in the same room, maybe the living room? Same bed!? Oh gosh!’ I then hear Jonghyun calling me from the living room already done getting changed. I tell him that I’m almost done and to set the movie up. ‘Calm down, Kate. It’s just Jonghyun, just puppy Jonghyun, nothing to work yourself up about.’ I take a deep breath and exit my room heading towards the living room.

“Ok I’m done cha-” Once I walk into the room, I freeze with my mouth open slightly. What I’m witnessing is Jonghyun standing with his back to me stretching while yawning, but it’s what he’s wearing that makes this action so jaw-dropping. He has on a pair of dark blue pajama pants and a black wife beater. Surprisingly it’s the first time seeing Jonghyun with a wife beater on in person even though I’ve lived with him for a few months now or maybe I just didn’t pay that much attention, but I think I would have noticed. I’ve only seen him wear one in pictures or videos, but in person it’s always better. While stretching, his arms flex showing every muscle and his back also very noticeable.

Finally Jonghyun turns around noticing me, “Ah, what took you so long? I set up the movie.” I can’t help but stare more once he turns around because I now have the view of his chest and since the wife beater is fitted, his abs can be seen through it. ‘Wow, Jonghyun’s workouts definitely work.’ My trance is broken when I see his sculpted arms wave back and forth. I look up at his face and already I feel the embarrassment with my face burning when I see a huge smirk on his face. “I’m guessing you like what you see?”

I turn my face away from him looking to the side with my arms folded in front of me, “Hm…I guess it’s ok.” I try to stay calm as best as I can, ‘This is not good…maybe I should worry. How did I get a guy like this to be my first boyfriend!? This is a question that will plague my mind forever. Anyway, I need to stay calm.’ I hear him chuckle which makes me turn my head back at him and pout. When I do look at him again, I can see him look me up and down, but not with his mouth open, instead it’s a blank face, almost a frown. “Oppa?” Now it’s my turn to wave my hands to get his attention.

“Ah, mianhae.” He says finally snapping out of it and sitting down on the couch. “Let’s watch the movie now.” He pats the spot next to him and I feel my nerves again.

“A-arasseo.” I slowly walk over and sit next to him about two feet apart.

“Yah, we need to sit closer if we’re going to be able to share this blanket.” He gives me an innocent smile and I give him a small nod. I shift closer to Jonghyun where our legs are now touching.

“Wait…how are you going to watch the movie? I don’t think they have a Korean version of it.” I ask curiously.

“Anio, they do, but I put the subtitles on for me, so you can relax and enjoy it in English.” I smile at his thoughtful gesture thanking him. He presses play then puts his leg up on the couch in pretzel form while I put my knees to my chest. Jonghyun then grabs the blanket and drapes it over both of us. Before fully enjoying the movie, I reach for my hot chocolate and now I can relax. About a half hour into Spirited Away, I feel Jonghyun’s left arm go around my shoulders. I’m not nervous anymore and I go closer to him and rest my head on his shoulder. I don’t have my cup of hot chocolate anymore so I don’t have to worry about spilling it. Without even looking up to see his face, I know he’s smiling.

About half way into the movie, I take a look up at Jonghyun and see he’s absorbed in the movie munching on some chips. I remember him saying one day how he’s never seen the movie, so he must be really enjoying it. I’ve seen it many times, but I still enjoy it like I’m seeing it for the first time. Ten minutes later Jonghyun looks down at me and offers me some chips, but I decline nicely. For some reason, after I decline, he reaches for the remote and pauses the movie making me sit up from my position of leaning on his shoulder.

“What’s going on, Oppa?” I ask completely confused. Jonghyun now has his feet planted on the floor with his elbows resting on his knees looking towards the floor.

“You haven’t touched any of the snacks that I put out since we came back to the dorm.” He says to me.

“Oh, mianhae, I ate a huge meal before you came to me at the dance studio, so I’m not really hungry, ha.” I try to sound as light-hearted as I can.

“Also…” Jonghyun now turns his head toward me, “I couldn’t help but overhear the conversation between you and Seunghye-sshi had when walking in.”

“O-oh, is that so?” I’m not sure where this conversation is leading to.

“Ne…Kate-ah, I’ve noticed you’ve lost weight.” His tone sounds serious, but I don’t really pay attention to it since I’m happy he noticed my weight loss.

“Chincha? I’m glad you’ve noticed.” I say to him cheerfully.

“Kate-ah…how are you losing weight? I never saw you go to the gym.” I now pick up on his serious tone and it changes my mood.

“Well, dance practice has definitely made me lose the weight. It’s definitely makes me sweat haha.” Even though I’m a little nervous about him finding out about how I’m losing weight, I try to stay light-hearted.

He does a big sigh, “Hajiman…I can’t help but notice your recent ape-”

“Oppa, let’s not talk about this now and just enjoy the movie. Please?” I decide to cut him off before he says anymore and I give him a cute pout while holding his hand in both of mine.

He sighs again before giving me a smile, “Arasseo.” He puts the movie back on and we both go back into our positions from before with me leaning my head on his shoulder and his arm wrapped around me. When we get to the part where Chihiro and Haku fall together in the air, I feel Jonghyun’s grip tighten a little. It makes me look up at him and he’s looking down at me with a smile and I can’t help but smile back. The movie is now near the end where she finally gets her parents back and can go back to her own world with them, parting from Haku. I’ve watched the movie many times before, but now when I watch the ending, I can’t help but feel different about it. I can’t help but feel like what happened to Chihiro will happen to me. With this mindset, a tear escapes my eye and before I can catch it, it falls onto Jonghyun’s shoulder. He happens to feel the single tear and looks down at me. I sit up and compose myself before any other tears would fall, but he can clearly see something is bothering me.

“Yah, gwenchana?” he holds my shoulders looking me in the eyes with concern plaster on his face.

I stay silent for a few moments just looking at him, and then my gaze falls to my hands, “What if I’m like Chihiro and at some point, I have to go back to New York and leave everyone here? Even if all of this is real, what if my debut isn’t successful and I have to go back to my life before.” I can feel tears forming but I hold them back, “I don’t want to go back.” I say the last thing quietly because I know it was going come out as a sob, but Jonghyun still hears it.

“Yah.” Jonghyun shakes my shoulders a little to make me look up at him, which I do. “I know you’re debut will be great, there’s no doubt about that, but if you ever have to go back…we won’t let that happen…I won’t let it happen. Arasseo?” He pulls me into a hug and I give him a nod. We stay like this for a few moments and a wave of sleepiness hits me. Finally, we pull away from the hug and I yawn indicating that I’m tired. I look over at the clock and see that it’s 12am, which doesn’t surprise me since the movie is four hours long. “We should go to sleep now.” Jonghyun starts to get up but I grab his wrist as a sign for him to stop.

He turns looking down at me, “Um, I kind of already comfortable…so how about we just stay here?” I blush deeply, but hide my face. Before, I was nervous about sleeping together in the same room with him, but now I don’t want to sleep alone since I don’t want to have any negative thoughts. Jonghyun gives me comfort recently when I have these negative thoughts, so I know that I won’t have any with him. He sits back down next to me and then gets comfortable wrapping his arm around me once again. I go back to how I was before but I lean more on his chest than I do on his shoulder. Jonghyun pulls the blanket up to my shoulder and does the same for himself, and then his head rests on mine. “Gomawo, Oppa. I had fun today.” I say looking up at him.

Jonghyun looks down giving and angelic smiles, “Cheonmannaeyo.” I’m hesitant at first, but to really thank him, I decide to give him a short kiss on the lips. I see the puppy eyes get a little wide from surprise and I quickly put my head down so he doesn’t see my blush.

“Jal ja, Jonghyun-oppa.” I quietly say.

“Jal ja.” With that said, we slowly drift off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Learn some Korean~!

Jal jinesseoyo? - How are you doing?

Shim shim hae - I'm bored.

Bogoshipeo - I miss you.

Nado - Me too.

Bogoshipda - I want to see you.

Nolja - Let's play!

Jagiya - Honey or Darling. 

Hi guys! Surprised I updated so quickly? Hehe ^^ I just felt like writing so bad since I haven't done it for a long time haha. I used a lot of Korean phrases/words in this chapter and I hope that I'm helping you learn a little bit of Korean. I'm really glad you all enjoy my story and it seriously makes me so happy to see that you like it! Please keep supporting my story and I hope you guys comment sharing your opinions<3

Anyway, I promised I would post my fancams of SHINee from SMTown NY...so here you guys go!:

Stand By Me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCFfHX8Lv3Y

SHINee greeting fans - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXub43Y6QYU

Replay - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZUksO7-mwM

Get Down - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUiHlpYoOpY

Juliette - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-7K_UIPi4U

Key performing My First Kiss - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tfo4EJiucA

Minho and Key performing A-Yo! (I was freaking out so it's shaky haha!) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryC6lJ63nro

Key singing I Did It For Love - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld7JtK20Zs4

Ring Ding Dong - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-1hPdecgy8

Ready or Not - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO_TPU4hf7k

Amigo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owbeOpkfRBQ

Onew performing opera piece Nessen Dorma - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LPjiBBRnW8

I didn't upload Lucifer and the finale yet. When I do I'll post it. It was one of the best nights of my life! I started tearing up when I saw SHINee come out and when Minho was so close to me in the audience I was shaking haha. You can subbscribe to my youtube channel if you want and I also have performances of the other groups too if you look at my channel. Okie guys, hope you like the fancams! Annyeong~<3