Chapter 24

Unexpected Drama

 

"...Mwo!? Wait, I think they gave me some medication and heard you wrong. Please repeat what you said." I say completely shocked.
 
"You heard correctly. I said you will not debut, but only if something like this happens again. This caused us a bit of difficulty. We avoided anyone seeing an ambulance at the dorms, the cost of this, and since SHINee wouldn't take no for an answer, wanted to come to see you which was also very difficult to make sure no one saw them." Seunghye explains it all to me but it sounds more like she's scolding me. 'Thinking about it all...I did put stress on everyone.' "Also, the way you handled the stress and pressure made us think you're not ready to debut."
 
"Mwo!? You were the one who told me to lose weight!"
 
"Ne, but I did not tell you to starve yourself as one of the methods to lose the weight. You decided to do that." Seunghye states calmly which just angers me more. Seunghye turns her head to glance out the window then faces me again. "Anyway, it's starting to get late and I have to go tell the head how you are doing. I will be seeing you again. Good-bye."
 
  I give her a nod as my way of saying bye. As soon as she closes the door, I flop backwards onto the stiff pillow that the hospital supplied me with. I take a deep sigh that's a mix of relief and frustration. Relief is that I'm still going to debut and frustration because I almost lost my chance to debut. 'I can't have anything else happen to me or my debut really will be cancelled. No more drama.' A few seconds later I hear a knock on my door. I tell the person to come in and I discover it's Key.
 
"Annyeong. Jal isseosseoyo?" he asks me when walking in leaving the door open.
 
"Ne, gwenchana." I give him a smile and he only gives me a slanted one back. I look at him confused and he does an exaggerated sigh.
 
"Yah...why am I the one who has to be in the middle of this?" Key whines this out loud to himself in his diva attitude. I just give him another look to explain his little outburst. With one more sigh he explains, "...Jonghyun-hyung wants to know if he can talk to you." It surprises me a little because my mind was on the discussion with Seunghye still. I see Key look back at the door he left open. My eyes avert to the door and I can see Jonghyun peaking inside. Once I make eye contact I immediately can tell he hasn't gotten any sleep. His face reads worry, concern, and sadness. "Well?" I snap back to Key and he has an impatient look that reads he doesn't like being a messenger and wants it to be over.
 
I look down at my hands, "...Anio." I look back at the door and just see a glimpse of Jonghyun's back from him walking away. Once again my attention returns back to Key because I hear him scoff. He marches over to my door and. I assume he's leaving, but closes the door quickly, turns around on his heels and marches over to me only to receive a painful flick on my forehead.
 
"Yah! That hurt! You can't do that to someone who's in a hospital!" I say grabbing my forehead to try and soothe the pain.
 
"I don't care! It's not like you're dying and you just told me you feel fine! I had to because you're acting like a pabo! Pabo!" He scolds me and looks very annoyed.
 
"Mwo!? Anio! Eoteokke?"
 
  "Why do you not want to talk to Jonghyun-hyung?" Key crosses his arms.
 
I turn my head to the window to see it's getting dark, "I still mad at him. It's his fault that I'm in the hospital. He started the fight between him and Minho-oppa." Without warning again I get another hard flick on my head making me turn to glare at Key. "Yah!"
 
"You really think it's his fault for that!? Who was the one who made him so mad and hurt to do that!? Who's the one who put stress on your body from not eating!?" I put my head watching my hands thinking about it starting to feel bad. "If you were in his position, what would you have done? He didn't know you what pass out, but after you did he forgot all about that anger. While you were unconscious here, he stayed by your side to make sure you were alright."
 
"...Key-eomma." I say quietly.
 
"Mm?"
 
"Paboyo..." From the corner of my eye I see Key's hand coming towards me and I prepare for another flick on my head, but instead it lands on my head. Looking up at him, I see Key smiling down at me and ruffles my hair.
 
"Joah." He removes his hand from the top of my head.
 
There's a moment of silence before I speak again, "Key-eomma if you don't mind, can you get Jonghyun-op-"
 
"Ani." He interrupts me.
 
"Mwo? Wae? I'm going to apologize." 
 
"I think it's better if you talk to each other when you're out of the hospital." I ponder what Key says and I nod in agreement. He then takes something out of a plastic bag that I just notice he has in his right hand. "The food here stinks so I made some kimchi stew for you to eat. I'll be checking to make sure you ate it." He says the last part sternly.
 
"Gomawo Key-eomma." He places it in front of me on the table and watches as I take the first bite. "Neomu mada!"
 
"Of course it is!" He scoffs, but I can see him do a little sigh of relief and I silently chuckle. Key takes a chair in the room and places it beside my bed. We talk while I eat the kimchi stew he made me. We talk about the latest fashion trends getting in tiny debates and we also talk about other random things. I finish eating and he then moves on to a topic I rather avoid right now since it's embarrassing, "So...you and Minho-ah are now together?"
 
I look down at my hands that I'm fiddling with, "Ne..."
 
"I'm a little surprised actually." This catches my attention and I give him a look asking why. "Well you were with Jonghyun-hyung. Also...I just didn't think you would be with him."
 
"You didn't notice how I acted around him!? I was always shy and blushed constantly." I seriously thought it was obvious I like Minho.
 
"I did, but I thought you were just both awkward with each other. Now that I think about it, it does seem pretty obvious that you both like each other. Also, I thought-" He looks up like he's thinking about past situations.
 
“Mm?” I ask him to go on since he paused.
 
He shakes his head, “Ah, never mind…just that you both seemed to be so oblivious to liking each other.”
 
"Told you s-" I stop mid-sentence, "Wait...both?" Key breaks out in laughter while I stare at him confused.
 
He calms down, "The look on your face was priceless. Wow, you seriously didn't notice how he acted around you?"
 
 I'm now the one thinking back to some events, "Hm, well...he talked to me normally and helped me out in certain situations."
 
"Exactly."
 
"Explain." I tell him still not getting it.
 
"He warmed up to you almost right away. Usually it takes a while for him to be comfortable talking with someone." I feel like smacking myself in the head from how oblivious I was this whole time. My face must have read that because Key smirks most likely thinking he's the smartest person ever. "Anyway, my advice is that you keep it a secret like you did with Jonghyun-hyung...even from SM."
 
"Wae? I understand why the public, but why SM?" 
 
"Minho-ah is an idol and you haven't debuted yet. SM wouldn't want you two dating because if the public somehow finds out it won't be good for you and the company. They would rather him date someone who is already well known like he did before with Krystal-ah." I flinch a little when he brings up Krystal and Key notices, "Mianhae. Anyway, if they find out, they'll force you to break up." I fall back on my bed and grab the stiff pillow covering my face with it.
 
I let out an aggravated sigh and muffle in annoyance, "Why does it need to be so complicated!?"
 
"You knew what you were getting into when joining SM. If you two can last not getting caught until you debut, then you'll be fine after that." Key says trying to cheer me up. 
 
I spring back up startling him a little, "You're right! Gomawo Key-eomma!" He gives me a smirk like the solution was so obvious and it probably was but not for me of course. A knock on the door makes us stop our conversation and avert our attention to whoever the person is.
 
"Can I come back in now?" Minho peaks his head inside the room seeing Key and I. 
 
I smile seeing him, "Ne oppa, you can come in. Seunghye-ssi is gone." Key takes the empty bowl that contained the kimchi stew not too long ago and stands up. Minho walks in and takes the chair that Key just got up from. He gives me a sweet smile and I give him one back forgetting that Key is still in the room until he speaks.
 
"Should I really leave you two alone? Who knows what you guys might do when no one is around." He bluntly states with his arms crossed in mother mode.
 
"Yah!" I blush like crazy snapping at Key.
 
"Minho-ah, you better not try anything funny with, Kate-ah. I would like her to stay my innocent daughter please." He walks towards the door speaking in stern tone.
 
"Y-Yah! Key-eomma!" I get more embarrassed thinking what Key would think we would do. 'Can someone die from being too embarrassed? I feel like my face is going to melt off from how much it's burning!'
 
"Annyeong! Remember what I said Minho-ah!" Key says in a sing-song voice before finally leaving and closing the door. After he leaves it's completely silent to the point where Minho can probably hear my heart beating. I keep my head down because I don't want him to see how red I am.
 
I hear him clear his throat, "Once again Key-hyung is speaking nonsense." I finally lift my head slowly to look at him and his head is facing the window. I'm a little surprised because I can see that Minho's ears are extremely red. 'Is he as embarrassed as I am?' I draw my attention to his face to read his expression. It looks like he wants to say something else but contemplating is he should say it. He his lips before speaking again, "Hajiman...just to get it out of the way and make it clear..." Minho faces me with his eyes landing on mine and he has a serious gaze which makes my heart skip a beat. "I would never do anything to you that you don't want me to do." I can't help but smile with how much of a gentleman he is. 
 
I reach over and put my arms around his neck, "Gomawo oppa. You're so sweet and such a gentleman. It's like you're an actual prince." He does a tiny chuckle and it tickles my ear. 
 
His arms snake around my waist returning my hug, "I plan to always be your prince."
 
"Promise?"
 
"Promise." Even though I'm not in the best situation in a hospital, I don't think I can get any happier than I am right now. Of course the sweet moment is ruined when Key's words re-enter my head like he planned it. I feel embarrassed again and I groan burying my head in Minho's shoulder like that he cool my face down again. "Gwenchana?" Minho asks in a worried tone. He pulls away a little to try and see my face but I bury it deeper into his shoulder.
 
"Ne. Key-eomma neun paboyo." I muffle into his shoulder. Once again Minho chuckles getting what I mean.
 
"Arasseo." He pulls me away from him. "I think you should get some rest. I asked the doctor and he said you can leave tomorrow." I get really happy hearing that and grin ear to ear. "Of course he said only if me and the others watch you making sure you eat." Minho gives me a stern look to show how serious he is about it. I nod my head quickly since my happiness about leaving the hospital is not gone. Minho's face lightens up into a smile and then he stands up starting to leave. I lay down in the bed and he bends over giving me a peck on the cheek. "See you tomorrow. Jal ja. Saranghae."
 
"Nado saranghae, oppa." With that said, he walks towards the door and looks back with one more smile before leaving closing the door gently behind him. I sigh with a smile still plastered on my face. 'So much has happened to me in one day...and I was just in a bed. I have to talk to Jonghyun and apologize for being mad since he's the one who should be. I think we'll be ok after I do that since he's not angry anymore. Still, even after all the little bumps today, it ended on a good note with Minho...my prince...my frog prince haha!' Despite the uncomfortable bed, stiff pillow, and the awkward smell in the air that I like to call "hospital smell", with my last thought being Minho, I drift off to sleep easily.
 
Usually I like to sleep in when I don’t have to wake up early, but I really want to get out of this hospital so I’m wide awake ready to leave. I take off the gown the nurse gave me and put on clothes that Key brought me yesterday. All that’s left is Onew to pick me up so I can check out. I wanted all of them to pick me up, but Onew is just as good. Ten minutes past and I’m starting to get impatient. Most of the time I’m very patient, but since I’m in a place I don’t like and want to get out of fast, I’m not so calm about waiting. Another five minutes and I hear the doorknob turn. My head turns and my face goes from happy to disappoint when I see Seunghye.
 
“Isn’t Onew-oppa going to pick me up?” I ask her skipping the hellos.
 
“All of SHINee had to go to a last minute schedule.” Seunghye says dryly. All I do is nod and I grab my bag heading towards the door. Once I pass Seunghye she speaks up again, “Remember what I said earlier to you. Another slip-up and your chance of debuting goes to less than 5%.” From her tone, I have a feeling she’s smirking.
 
Without turning around I just respond in no tone what-so-ever, “I know.” I would have given her a harsher response, but I’m tired and I don’t feel like dealing with any right now. We exit my room to the front desk so I can sign out. The van is parked in front of the hospital and the driver opens the door for us. The ride to the dorms is silent, but I don’t mind since I rather not talk to Seunghye. ‘I wonder why she acts so sour towards everyone.’ Once we arrive at the dorm, I get out, say thank you to the driver, and say good-bye to both of them bowing. I watch them leave in the car, and then quickly go to SHINee’s dorm happy to be back here.
 
Entering, no one is home since Seunghye said they’re busy, so I just go to my room to unpack. When opening my door, I see all my stuffed animals neatly on my bed and some balloons with a sign in front of them saying “Welcome home Kate!” I can’t help but smile that they did something for me even though they’re busy. When walking closer to the display, my eye catches something, new stuffed animal with a note. The stuffed animal is a yellow-ish beige kitty with a bow around its neck. I take the note and read it aloud to myself quietly, “I noticed I was the only one who didn’t give you a stuffed animal and I can’t have that! Reminds you of me right? Mine is definitely the best one keke! ~Key-eomma” Next to his name he drew a wink face and I laugh to myself since he can still act like a diva even if it’s just through writing. Putting down the note, I pick up the kitty and get a better look at it. I smirk, “He’s right; it does remind me of him and his feline eyes.” I place it back down with the other stuffed animals. ‘Now I have one from each of them, and each reminds me of them. I guess this is a good substitute when they’re not here haha!’ Since it’s I woke up early, I decide to take nap and when I plop onto my bed, it definitely knocks me out from how comfy it is. ‘Nothing like the feeling of being in your own bed after basically sleeping on a board.’ With the last thought, I fall asleep.
 
“Kate-ah! Are you here!? We’re home!” I sit up quickly when I hear someone yelling in the dorm. I get up and make my way to the living room to where the yelling came from to see that it’s Onew.
 
“I’m here! Yoropun Annyeong!” I smile brightly seeing them.
 
The first one to hug me is Taemin, “Noona! I missed you!”
 
“Nado. Um, Taemin-ah…you’re kind of suffocating me…” I say to him trying to get some air.
 
“Ah! Mianhae.” He releases and rubs the back of his head smiling sheepishly. Each of them hug me, well, except for Jonghyun who just walked into SHINee’s room while I hugged everyone else. Key is the last person to hug me.
 
He pulls away, “Like my gift? Mine is the best one right? Of course it is!”
 
“Yah! Anio! Mine is! Right, Noona?” After Taemin says that, he starts going into a debate with his eomma and it’s definitely a funny scene. Onew goes into the kitchen to eat some lunch while Minho laughs with me at the scene in front of us. My laugh dies down when my mind just drifts back to Jonghyun seeing him very tired when walking into the room. I space out with my head turned towards the hallway that leads to the room wondering what he’s doing and thinking right now. I snap out of it when I feel someone’s hand on my shoulder. I turn to see the owner of the hand is Minho.
 
“Gwenchana?” He asks worriedly. I look at Key and Taemin still having their little debate not aware of anything around them at the moment.
 
While still watching the debaters I respond sighing first, “Molla.” A few seconds past before Minho’s other hand goes to my other shoulder and lightly pushes me down the hallway. “Yah! What are you doing?” I ask even though I don’t resist where he’s pushing me to, which ends up to be my room. He closes the door then turns around to sit on my bed and then motions his head for me to sit next to him. I do what he says without arguing.
 
“What’s wrong?” He asks me.
 
I sigh again and rest my head in my hands that are propped up with my knees, “I have a feeling you already know.” I look up at him and I see Minho nod.
“So what are you going to do about it?”
 
“Molla!” I whine and go from leaning forward to falling back on my bed. “I dated him, went behind his back basically cheating, and I get mad at him claiming things that are not his fault. I have no idea what to say to him or how I should apologize. How do you think I should handle it?”
 
I see him think and then turn looking down at me, “Well, I guess you’ll know what you have to say once you go to him. It’s best if you don’t put it off.”
“Ne, you’re right.” I sit back up quickly giving him a stern look, “You know this is partly your fault too, right?”
 
“Mwo!? Eoteokke!?” Minho bursts out saying taken aback. I would laugh right now since his face is priceless with his mouth open and eyes bugging out, but it’s not the time to.
 
“If you liked me before I even started dating Jonghyun-oppa, you should have told me!”
 
“Mwo!? How was I supposed to know that you liked me!?” With that statement, I give him a “Are you freaking kidding me!?” look.
 
“Chincha!? You seriously didn’t know I liked you!? I thought it was so obvious! Are all of you so oblivious!?” I feel like I won our little argument.
 
“That goes for you too! I thought it was pretty obvious that I liked you!” I’m about to come up with a response, but I can’t think of anything and Minho smirks in victory. “I win.”
 
“Yah! You really have to win at everything don’t you?” I pout that he won the argument. There’s a pause and then suddenly we both burst into laughter. “Omo! Uri neun pabooyo!”
 
“Haha! Ne!” Minho can’t say anything else since he’s still laughing.
 
“How could we so clueless about each other!?” I give myself a face palm from how silly I’m feeling. My laugh starts settle down, “This could have all been avoided.” My mind then goes back to Jonghyun and I frown again. Minho stops laughing thinking about what I said.
 
“Well, nothing we can do now since it’s in the past.” I give him a nod while I look down at my hands. “One thing good came out of this all.”
I look up at him curious, “Mwo?”
 
He smiles, “Even through everything, in the end we did find out about each other’s feelings and we’re together.” From the realization I smile with Minho and give him a hug.
 
I pull back, “Hajiman…it sure did take a while. Plus, isn’t it usually the guy who confesses first? If you liked me too, you should’ve been the one to confess first.” This time he has nothing to say and with that, I jump up doing a little dance. “I win!”
 
I look at Minho covering his face with his hand, “Yah!” I stick my tongue out at him, “Arasseo, you win.” I continue my little victory dance until I see Minho watch me with amusement and I get embarrassed.
 
I clear my throat, “Anyway, back to the actual topic.”
 
Minho stands up walking over to me, “He’s in our room alone now. Better to do it now than later.”
 
“Ne. I guess it won’t be that bad since he’s not mad at me anymore. He’s just upset with how I acted towards him mostly, but I still have to apologize for everything…it’s my fault.” I start feeling a mixture of nerves and sadness about talking to Jonghyun.
 
“It’ll be fine, don’t think too much and just say based on how you feel.” Minho tells me while resting his hand on the top of my head and ruffling my hair.
“Wow, I’m surprised that you can give this much good advice haha.”
 
“I’m full of surprises.” He gives me a smirk.
 
“Chincha? Like what?” I raise my eyebrow curious with what things I don’t know about yet from him. He pulls his hand back only to put both on my shoulders turning me around and pushing towards my door.
 
“Ani, stop putting it off by talking to me.” He tells me in a stern tone. I sigh and don’t say anything as a way of saying he was right with my intentions. Minho pushes me halfway down the hallway to their room and then Taemin passes by about to enter. Before he could Minho rushes over and puts his arm around his shoulder.
 
“Taemin-ah, how about we play a video game?” Minho says to Taemin trying to walk him back to the living room.
Taemin tries to turn back, “Sure, but first I want to get something.”
 
“Don’t worry; I’ll get it for you.” Minho keeps a good grip on him and when passing me, he makes eye contact, gives me a small smile and mouths “Good luck.” Once I see the two go around the corner, I look over at their door and walk over to it. I stare at the doorknob ‘You can do this Kate. You’ve been in worse situations than this.’ Taking a deep breath, I grab the doorknob and enter the room. When walking in, Jonghyun has his back to me getting something from one of the drawers, but stops what he’s doing upon hearing the door open. I close the door silently and decide to stay close to it instead of walking further into the room.
 
“Annyeong.” I start out saying to let him know it’s me since he hasn’t turned around, but I have a feeling he knew it was me. Instead of dragging the conversation out I get to the main point right away, “Jonghyun-oppa…mianhae.” I wait to see a reaction and it’s nothing. I continue, “I shouldn’t have kissed Minho and I shouldn’t have been mad at you when I’m the one at fault. At the hospital, you were worried about me not thinking about what I did before, and all I did was blame you for something I did to myself. I didn’t even give you a chance to talk to me. I hurt you so much…mianhae…changmal mianhae.” When I finish, I feel my eyes b with tears. Through my whole apology, Jonghyun didn’t move at all. ‘Is he really this sad to not say anything to me? Did I hurt him this badly?’ It’s silent and I’m waiting for him to say something, but he’s not making any moves. I speak up, “Jonghyun-oppa?” Still nothing from him, “Please…say something.” I finally decide to move and I take a few steps forward. He must hear me approaching him because he stops me in my tracks when he turns around sharply. When I see his face, it takes me by surprise. Instead of seeing the sad Jonghyun with tears in his eyes, his face is full of anger and he’s glaring at me. ‘Why…why is he like this? I thought he wasn’t angry anymore. Last time I saw him at the hospital, he was by my door and I looked at his sad eyes that wanted to see and talk to me.’ His body tenses up and his fists clench. In one of Jonghyun’s hands, he’s holding something that I can’t make out. He starts walking towards me and fear rises in me not knowing what he’s going to do. Jonghyun stops once he passes me by a step. I don’t turn around and he doesn’t either.
 
Quietly, but filled with anger he talks to me, “I think it’s best if we don’t speak to each other anymore.” This takes me off-guard and I turn around quickly only to be viewing his back again. He drops something on the floor and then storms off opening the door. Minho almost gets knocked down when Jonghyun shoves him passing by. His face is confused and surprised looking in the direction Jonghyun went, and then he looks over to me.
 
“What happened?” Minho asks me, but I don’t answer him. Instead, I kneel down on the floor to pick up the thing that Jonghyun crushed in his hand out of anger and dropped. I open up the crumble piece of what looked like paper. Once I see what it is clearly, my vision is blurred by tears b again. It’s the picture of us together on our first date when we were in the photo booth. It’s the one where he kissed my cheek by surprise; the one he said was his favorite. I see writing on the back and as soon as I see what is written, my tear finally fall. It reads:
 
“Our first date, one of the best days of my life. Jagiya, saranghae~”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Let's learn Korean~!
 
Jal isseosseoyo? - Are you doing well?
 
Joah - Good (Formal is Joahyo)
 
Neomu mada! - It's so delicious!
 
Key-eomma neun paboyo - Key-eomma is stupid.
 
Uri neun paboyo. - We're idiots.
 
I have updated!!! Haha! Sigh, I wish I wasn't so busy...BUT I have Spring break coming up soon so I'll be able to focus on writing...yay!!! Anyway, I felt all lovey dovey for some reason and you can see by the amount of fluff in this chapter kekeke. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'm very thankful for your subscription. I threw in some more Korean this chapter and I hope it's helping you. I'm teaching as I learn it haha. Ok now for some serious talk....SHINee's Sherlock. OMG!!!!! hdlfghdgf!! I love it! I mean the concept photos are a little like..."Ummm...what?" but since I'm an art major I looked at them from an artistic point of view and I I liked  the pictures more when I did. Anyway, the song...dance...music video....too much to handle! Kya! Minho is my bias and I can help but spaz at his "SHINee's back." looking intently at the camera..sigh... Ah! I'm actually really happy that Taemin has long hair again, ugh why is he so pretty!? Jonghyun...his muscles..enough said. Onew is so adorable with his sweet smile and Key is just so fierce! Love it all! First Big Bang with their comeback and then SHINee....March has been an awesome month for me kekeke~ What did you guys think of the comebacks? I'd really like to know your opinions. Okie, enough talking, see you guys next update!! :3