Gift

Decisions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How do I turn this on?"

Jongin chuckled as he saw Suzy on the video crunching her face on the camera in confusion but then, her face brigthened as she blurted out, "Oh. I think it's on!"

She then, sat up straight and fixed her hair before finally smiling at the camera, "Hello Jonginnie!"

He beamed while watching her as he though, You really have the brightest smile.

"Do... do you know what date is today?" Suzy asked in the video as she squinted. She answered her own question as sshe excitedly said,  "It's January 14th! That means...It's 20th your birthday!"

Jongin chuckled as Suzy threw confetting around her in the video.

"And... what you're watching right now is the first part of my gift. Ten tenenen tenen! Video message!" She said as she drew a check on the air. However, she then pointed at the camera as she added, "But then.. there's a second part. Look inside the box!"

Jongin raised an eyebrow and noticed that there was something else. 

"Photo album!" she exclaimed in the video.

They were now both holding the same photo album: Suzy in the video while Jongin in real life.

"I even wrote a title for it!" Suzy said as she showed her self-made photo album in the camera. 

Reading at the same time with Suzy, Jongin whispered, "Jongin: the living miracle."

"Because you... you proved other people wrong again. Despite the doctors' predictions... you're still alive Jongin. You... you're still alive after 20 years. You've surpassed the limits that the world has set on you," Suzy smiled thoughtfully. "You see, miracles happen Jongin... and you're one of them."

Jongin reflected the beam that lingered on her lips.

"Come on! Let's look inside!" Suzy said as she flipped the cover.

"Music united two souls," Jongin read the description. He smiled again as he saw some pictures of him and Sehun when they were kids.

"I asked your mom to give me these pictures!" Suzy chuckled. "You and Sehun have always been together...Like, together, forever."

The pictures then showed how the two of them grew up with each other. They were making Jongin more nostalgic as memories flashed at the back of his mind.

"I think you too are the cutest duo," Suzy commented making the both of them chuckle but then her cortles faded into a sad smile as she said, "You two have been through a lot, so I know you'll resolve the conflict the two of you are going through right now. Besides, it's normal for friends to fight sometimes. But please, make up soon. Hmm?"

"Ahh. That's right. We fought the last time we saw each other," Jongin sighed. They flipped a few more pages before they arrived at the a picture of a bridge and the next picture was a candid shot of the three of them while they were in uniform.

"It was in the graduating class' yearbook. Candid pictures of random students and I spotted us," Suzy mumbled.

"When the bridge had connected lives," Jongin read the note at the side and Suzy smiled at the same time. There were a few more candid shots when they were working for the school decorations. Jongin laughed too at the picture of him beside Sehun who was wearing roses on his head which Suzy had put.

"Chanyeol took it," Suzy explained, laughing. "He said that he finally has a proof that Sehun could be weird sometimes."

The next picture was when they were eating in the ramen shop. It was a selca that also showed the ramen shop's vendor. Jongin smiled as he said, "It was your birthday then and we had no clue about it."

Then, the next one was after the sports fest and beside it was a note.

"All the walls came crumbling down and they let the river meet the mysteries of the sea," Suzy read it.

Jongin smiled sadly, "It was when I told you that I was sick."

The succeeding pictures were all taken using phone. They were pictures of Jongin and Suzy goofing around Sehun. Suzy just smiled brightly in the pictures while Jongin made faces. Sehun then, on the other hand, showed his straight face. Sometimes, he also showed an annoyed face when Suzy and Jongin took pictures while he was studying. But there were also pictures of all three of them smiling. Their simple yet bright smiles showed how happy they were together. 

Then the next one was not a picture but a preserved leaf underneath the plastic cover.

Suzy smiled as she whispered, "That day, I kept a leaf that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter