Confrontations

Decisions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Then why are you saying this to me now?"

"Because things got out of hand," Sehun said flatly. "I couldn't save her without telling you the truth-"

Jongin faked a laugh but his eyes were glaring as he asked,  "Was telling me out of your plan from the very start?"

The moment Sehun said, "Yes", Jongin pulled his from his seat, making him stumble on the ground while the latter sat on top of him. The emotions that Jongin kept bottled were bursting with every punch he threw on Sehun. Sehun stayed lying on he floor as he felt another punch land on his jaw and this time, he had already tasted a tangy and irony substance on his lip. He was hardly pressed down, with Jongin still grabbing his collar, glaring furiously at him.

“So you'll only say it because she's already dying?!” Jongin yelled at him. “You bastard! She’s my flesh and blood!”

Sehun then grabbed Jongin’s collar and pushed him with all his strength, making them interchange their positions.

“We had no idea where you were for the past six years!” he yelled back.

“But you saw me!” Jongin shook him. “You had every freaking chance to tell the truth!”

“And everything was going well without it!” Sehun shouted. His voice then turned into a whisper as he added, “All Hana needs is your bone marrow. She already has a family.”

Jongin gritted his teeth as he clenched into Sehun’s collar more, every fiber in him felt tensed as he said, “And what about Suzy? You two got married because she was pregnant?”

The strong façade Sehun was showing faltered but he stood up without breaking his stare at him as he uttered, “That’s none of your business.”

Jongin let out a scoff as he stood up and replied, “I’m going to take them back.”

“I won’t let you,” Sehun uttered.

“Your rights are only based on papers,” Jongin said sternly. “But they were mine from the very start.”

“I…” Sehun breathed deeply. “I should be the one who graduated in Julliard! But no! I was the one who sacrificed my dreams to clean up the mess you left!”

“And I would trade everything to have the life you’re enjoying right now!” Jongin pointed at him. “You don’t know how much my heart breaks to see you with Suzy! I'm bursting with anger knowing that it should have been my family!”

“You don’t know how much I sacrificed for this family!” Sehun retorted.

Jongin let out a scoff as a smirk played on his lips and he whispered, “Who are you kidding? That was not sacrifice! It was a win-win situation for you! It was either your dreams or Suzy and we both freaking know how much you love her. You even desired her back then even if you knew she was already mine!”

Everything else fell silent for Sehun, and all he could here were Jongin’s words.

“Don’t pretend that I am the only one despicable here,” Jongin added. “You used up the excuse of helping Suzy so that you could have her for yourself. Stop playing a hero just to get the girl.”

“Sehun-a, eodisseo?”

“I’m at work,” Sehun lied as he looked at himself in the mirror of their house. He winced as he put a band-aid on his wound himself.

“You’re making me and Hana worried,” Suzy whispered on the other line and sighed. “You didn’t come last night and it has been a whole day already.”

“I’m sorry,” Sehun whispered back as he closed his eyes and he felt like he was apologizing for everything he had done.

With what happened with Jongin last night, Sehun didn’t have the courage to face Suzy right away. He couldn’t tell her how he made a decision without hearing her opinion. He couldn’t let her see how hurt he was, because every word of Jongin struck his heart and Sehun felt that every piece of him was guilty.

“Gwenchana,” he heard Suzy chuckle on the other line. “As long as you are alright.”

“Hmmm,” Sehun hummed, assuring her that he was okay, even if he was not.

“Then,” Suzy started. “Can you watch Hana over the night? Min Jung unni and Byung Hun oppa are here but they need to go at eight and I need to go somewhere too.”

“Neh. I’ll come to the hospital,” Sehun answered but then asked back, “But where are you going?”

“Hana’s looking for Jongin since he didn’t show up for two days already. I tried contacting him but he’s not picking up his phone.”

When she heard nothing but silence on the other line, Suzy’s eyebrows furrowed as she asked, “Sehun-a? Are you still there?”

“Ah. Neh,” Sehun answered cheerfully, trying to hide the fact that the mention of Jongin’s name was enough to make every piece of him tremble in fear.

“So I’m going to the apartment and check up on him,” Suzy continued. “Hmmm?”

Sehun’s grip on his phone tightened. He didn’t want them to meet, but he couldn’t tell Suzy that he had already told Jongin the truth. So instead he answered, “Neh. I understand.”

Suzy rubbed her palms together as he went out of the cab. She blew warm air on them as she whispered to herself, “Winter is coming.”

She clutched her bag closer to her as she made her way towards the apartment and her eyes widened upon seeing Jongin lie down in front of his door. She immediately ran towards him and lifted his head to check if he was breathing.

“Yah,” Suzy shook him and Jongin grunted in response.

She sighed in relief as she realized that Jongin was reeking of alcohol. Somehow, when she saw him lying unconscious on the floor, memories of him having an attack flashed before her mind and it was the least she wished would have happened. She would rather take care of a drunk male than rushing him to the hospital.

“I can’t leave him here,” she whispered to herself.

Suzy looked at the knob and saw that Jongin was already able to insert his keys before he passed out. She clicked her tongue in frustration as she opened the door and started dragging Jongin inside the unit. Having difficulties of carrying a body heavier than her, Suzy decided to put Jongin on the couch of the living room instead of his bedroom. She lifted him and removed his jacket and footwear, leaving him in his shirt and pants. She left a pillow behind his head before she stood up and got a basin of water and a rag. When she had started wiping his face, he flinched and fluttered his eyes open.

Sehun sighed as he stared out of his car and saw the hospital building. He clenched on the steering wheel as he bumped his head on it with his eyes tightly closed. The thought of Suzy meeting Jongin bothered him for every single second. He couldn’t think straight. He couldn’t get his mind off of the idea that Jongin promised to take his loved ones away from him.

“No. No. No,” he repeatedly told himself.

His imagination was running wild and he felt his heart breaking every moment with each wicked thought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter