Turning point

Decisions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hello there,” a woman greeted Hana.

“Annyeonghaesaeyo,” Hana bowed and greeted back which was immediately followed by a yawn.

“Ommo,” the woman said. “Are you tired?”

“Aniyo,” Hana shook her head and smiled. “I just did not get proper sleep yesterday.”

“Wae? Young girls like you should sleep well for you to grow,” the woman argued.

“It was too hot,” Hana said and gestured that she was fanning herself making both of them chuckle.

“Is there something I could help you with?” Hana asked.

“Neh,” the woman nodded suddenly realizing that she had a purpose to be there. “Do you know someone here whose name is Kim Jongin?”

“It rings a bell,” Hana said and pursed her lips. She then gasped as she cheerfully answered, “I do! I do!”

“Would you mind taking me to him?” the woman asked.

Hana shook her head and lend her hand in offer. The woman smiled at her before clasping Hana’s little hands, letting herself be dragged by the little girl.

“Teacher K!” Hana called as she peeked into the door of the music room.

“Oh! Hana,” Jongin said as he arranged the music scores. “You haven’t gone home yet? I’ll just arrange the files and take you home if you want.”

“Aniyo,” Hana replied. “Maybe appa’s just running late. I’ll just wait for him.”

“Is that so?” Jongin said as he finished putting the scores into place.

“And besides, someone is here to see you,” Hana added.

Jongin then averted his gaze towards Hana and saw that the girl was anticipating for his reply. Realizing that the girl was asking for permission, he said, “You can come in.”

Hana then smiled as she fully opened the door, exposing herself and the woman whose hand she was holding. Jongin smiled upon knowing who the unexpected visitor was. It was a woman very close to Jongin’s heart.

“Omma,” he said as he walked towards Mrs. Kim and welcomed her with an embrace.

“Hello, Jongin,” Mrs. Kim whispered as she patted Jongin’s back. “How have you been?”

Jongin then broke the hug and smirked as he asked back, “What do you think?”

Mrs. Kim’s eyes then roamed around the room as she said, “Seeing you do something close to your heart and being surrounded by lovely children like her, I’m more than happy for you.”

Jongin chuckled as he ruffled Hana’s hair, “Do you two know each other now?”

“She was enthusiastically dragging me that we didn’t talk much,” Mrs. Kim mumbled.

“Sorry for my bad manners,” Hana bowed. “My name is Hana.”

“She’s my student in music. I have one on one lesson with her every day,” Jongin added.

Mrs. Kim grinned as she kneeled in front of Hana and said, “And I… am his mother. My name is Kim Hee Ae.”

“Nice to meet you,” Hana beamed.

“Ani,” Mrs. Kim returned the smile. “The pleasure is mine.”

Mrs. Kim could not explain why she was so drawn to the girl in front of her. She found herself staring at her before she tucked a strand of hair behind Hana’s ear as she added, “Your parents are very lucky to have a child like you.”

“Actually…” Jongin mumbled as he sheepishly smiled and scratched the back of his neck. “You know her parents.”

“Eh?!” Mrs. Kim gasped and Jongin just gave her an awkward smile. However, even before Jongin could answer, a knock was heard from the door.

Min Jung then peeked in and said, “I’m sorry to interrupt but Hana’s parents are already here.”

“Okay, noona,” Jongin smiled at her. “I’ll take Hana to them.”

Min Jung then smiled and bowed at Mrs. Kim before closing the door. Jongin then turned to his mom who also met his gaze.

“Shall we?” Jongin asked with a smile.

“Appa!” Hana called as she ran towards Sehun.

“I’m sorry I’m late,” Sehun said as he kneeled in front of Hana and Hana hugged him and pecked his cheek. “I decided to fetch your omma first since her school ended earlier than usual.”

“Aniyo. it's okay” Hana smiled. “But where’s mom?”

“She’s inside the car. I think she fell asleep while we were travelling,” Sehun answered.

“Sehun?”

Sehun froze momentarily upon hearing the familiar voice. His gaze then slowly travelled to the owner who welcomed him with a warm smile. Without saying any word, he walked slowly towards the woman whom his heart yearned to see.

“Aren’t you supposed to greet me with a hug?” Mrs. Kim asked.

Sehun’s eyes twinkled with tears that started to build up but then he smiled and hugged Mrs. Kim tightly.

“Ommeoni,” he whispered. “I missed you so much.”

“I missed you too,” Mrs. Kim said and broke the hug. Her eyes travelled from Sehun’s head to toe as if trying to inspect the man in front of her. She then patted his shoulders as she added, “You’ve grown well.”

“How are you?” Sehun asked.

“Still the coolest mom ever,” Mrs. Kim answered with a soft chuckle. She then smiled contentedly as she stared at Sehun once more.

“You…” Mrs. Kim said as she fixed Sehun’s tie. “…even have a family of your own now. I’ve met your daughter.”

Sehun’s eyes showed sadness at Mrs. Kim’s words because he knew that even though he had just had a reunion with someone close to him, he must remain mum about the truth and lie once more.

“So I’ve been told,” Sehun replied in a whisper.

“Hana’s a charming kid,” Mrs. Kim said.  “When will I meet your wife?”

“She’s standing right there,” Jongin interrupted.

Mrs. Kim then turned to the direction where Jongin pointed and saw a woman beside Sehun’s car who also held Hana’s hand.

Suzy tried to swallow the lump that accumulated in . F

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter