The Message

Decisions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Unni."

"Neh?" Suzy's lips immediately formed into a smile, as if nothing has been going on in her mind for hours while they were in class.

"So how was it?" So-hyun asked as she sat beside Suzy while Jin goo sat infront of them.

Suzy stopped fiddling with her spoon and with confusion, she asked back,

"Which one?"

"Hana's performance of course!" So-hyun answered. She then laid her hands open before saying, "Where's our video?"

"Ah," Suzy gasped, suddenly realizing that she missed to record Hana's first performance. "I-I forgot."

"Noona, how could you forget that?" Jin goo complained before clicking his tongue. "What a waste."

"But the school usually keeps a documentation of an activity," So-hyun muttered. "Maybe Hana's school has a copy and maybe you could borrow it, right?"

"That's a great idea! You're finally using your brain!" Jin goo said.

So-hyun glared at the boy who smiled like he had not said anything wrong. She then smiirked as she replied with confidence, "I was always smart. I'm born with this amazing intelligence."

"Well," Jin goo placed his arms over the table as he continued. "Maybe you could transform some of your intelligence into beauty so that you could finally get a boyfriend, smarty pants."

"If I ever I get a boyfriend, I'll find someone who goes for substance! Someone unlike you!" So-hyun spat out.

Jin goo blinked a few times as his mouth fell agape. The two were about to continue bickering until they heard Suzy's chuckles.

"Pfft," Suzy choked her laughter. "You two are cute. You look like a couple."

"Not even in my dreams!" Jin goo and So-hyun both said at the same time.

"I understand," Suzy grinned teasingly.

"Unni," So-hyun said firmly making Suzy chuckle once more. The girl sighed in frustration as she said, "We would appreciate it more if you get a copy of the video instead of trying to pair us up."

Jin goo could only nod in agreement and Suzy started fiddling her spoon once again as the smile on her lips showed a different emotion.

"I'll try to talk to her teacher," Suzy replied.

Should I drop Hana out of her school?

But she already grew attached to the people there, especially Jongin. Besides, the action itself is suspicious.

Should we tell him the truth then?

Sehun flinched when the voice of his secretary finally registered in his mind after countless times of trying to call his attention.

"Mr. Oh," his secretary repreated.

"Neh?"

"Your presentation is starting in ten minutes," his secretary reminded him.

"I understand," Sehun shortly replied.

"And... your father is here to see you," his secretary added as she stepped aside and showed Mr. Oh. The old man smiled warmly at his son and Sehun could only return the smile. The secretary bowed and took her leave to give the two some time alone.

"Please sit, appa," Sehun offered as he stood up and pulled a seat for Mr. Oh.

Mr. Oh smiled a little and his eyes roamed around in the room before he proceeded on asking, "How are you?"

"T-The accomodation is good. The hotel is comfortable too."

His father shook his head as he said, "Not that, Sehun."

"Ahhh. I've prepared everything for the presentation. I think I can convince the investors for us to open a new branch-"

"Sehun," his father interrupted him. "My question was 'How are you', not 'How's work'."

"Ahh," Sehun's lips formed a crooked smile as he pinched the bridge of his nose. The thought of leaving Suzy in Korea with Jongin is enough for him to make his mind into a mess.

"I'm fine," Sehun finally answered appropriately and Mr. Oh nodded a little but his eyes showed that he was not convince of his son's answer.

"The dark circles under your eyes tell me otherwise. You look pale too."

Sehun finally smiled sincerely at his father's heart-warming statement and he replied, "Thanks for the concern appa."

He was thankful that relationship between the two of them have been progressing smoothly. He finally knew and felt the love and care of his father, but at the same time, it also gave him fear- the fear to lose something precious again.

"Are you still worried about Suzy and Hana?" Mr. Oh asked and he tried to convince his son, "Don't worry. It's just a week. I'm sure that they can manage." 

Don't worry. Sehun repeated in his mind. Easy for you to say that. You don't know what's really happening, appa.

And it would be better if you'll never know.

"Suzy and I have been calling each other these past two days that I'm away. They tell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter