Letting go

Decisions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Su,” he called.

Jongin stood up as soon as he saw Suzy come out of the hospital building. She also halted her steps when she noticed the former and she greeted him with a small smile. Jongin gave a bright smile as relief and happiness filled him. As soon as Suzy was in his range, he pulled her in his arms. Suzy was startled at first, but then reciprocated his actions as her hands caressed and gently tapped his back. But then, Jongin realized that he might be taking things too fast so he immediately broke the hug.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered and looked down apologetically.

Suzy just shook her head and replied with a small smile, “Ommeoni has explained everything.”

“Then, have you forgiven me?” he asked as he met her gaze with pleading eyes. He then took her hand and gave an assuring smile as he whispered the first words but emphasized the latter, “I might have flirted with others, but you’re the only one who has been in my heart, Su. I’m sorry.”

Suzy’s eyes brimmed with tears but she immediately brushed them away and she smiled genuinely as she said, “You’ve said sorry almost a thousand times.”

“And I’m willing to make it a million times if that’s what it takes for you to forgive me,” Jongin replied as his eyes that continued staring at Suzy’s showed nothing but sincerity.

But then, she gently shook her head and beamed at him, “There’s no need. I… I forgive you.”

He couldn’t help but embrace her again, as if getting every chance he could, for he had missed six years of opportunities. He closed his eyes and sighed in relief as the corner of his lips tugged into a smile once more. The burden he had been carrying for long was finally lifted and he felt happiness filling every fiber of him. He thought that the last time he was that happy was when he was in Suzy’s arms; now, he had finally found home again in her embrace. His heart even thumped further as Suzy whispered in his ears,

“And I believe you. I believe in your innocence and I believe that your feelings are sincere.”

He broke the hug as he held both of her shoulders and said, “Then start over with me. I’ll make Hana approve of me as her father and we can start over again. I would do everything that I could not do before.”

“Hana loves you,” Suzy replied. “She loves you so much that I’m sure she would accept you.”

Jongin smiled at the good news but then his smile showed a different emotion as he asked, “Then how about you? Would you accept me into your life too?”

Suzy answered with a smile as she said, “You have always been a part of my life, Jongin. Even if you were not there, you’ve always been present in my mind… and in my heart.”

“I love you,” Jongin whispered, cupping her face.

A tear escaped in Suzy’s eyes but she chuckled as she said, “You’ve been telling me that for a thousand times too.”

“And I would not get tired of saying it,” Jongin said as his thumbs gently brushed on her cheeks, letting the wetness of her tears meet his skin. “Because that’s what I genuinely feel. That’s what I felt all through these years and it never changed.”

He then brushed her eyelids, also wiping the tears that threatened to fall and he also felt like crying when he asked, “How about you, Suzy? Do you love me?”

Tears welled in Suzy’s eyes as she nodded and replied, “I do. I love you. I love you, Jongin.”

Mr. Oh smiled as he saw the dinner table and he bowed back at Sehun before removing his coat and tie. He then folded his polo and sat down, nodding and smiling to himself as he looked at the food.

“Did you cook all of this?” he asked.

Sehun replied with a small nod and silence took over again. Mr. Oh worriedly glanced at his son and he knew that Sehun was doing everything to keep himself occupied. He stayed late at work, did household chores and even tried new recipe so his mind would not drift back to Suzy or Hana but Mr. Oh knew that Sehun was failing at it.

He took a bite before making another remark, “It’s been a while since I last tasted your dishes.”

“I miss Suzy’s cooking too,” Mr. Oh added as his gaze landed on Sehun once more and the latter stopped poking his food, hearing his father’s words.

Sehun’s stare was still at afar and Mr. Oh observed his current state. His eyes were tired and red and Mr. Oh could only guess that Sehun has cried in secret again. He also knew that the only reason behind the bursting emotions from Sehun was his loved ones. Mr. Oh knew and was thankful by knowing that Hana was recovering and he thought that everything was going well until Sehun came knocking to his door with his luggage in his hands.

When he was still greeted by silence, Mr. Oh sighed and took the opportunity to ask, “When will you return home, Sehun?”

Sehun then started poking his food again as he replied in a whisper, “I am home.”

“I am happy to hear that,” Mr. Oh looked around. “I’m happy that you finally consider this place home.”

Then Mr. Oh faced him again as he said with a sad smile, “But home is where your heart is; from what I can see,  not just your heart but every piece of you yearns to be with Suzy and Hana. You can choose to remain silent but you can never hide that.”

“I have no place to return to,” Sehun said as he put down his fork. “I am no longer needed.”

“What are you saying, Sehun?” Mr. Oh asked with eyebrows furrowed and his voice slightly louder for disbelief. “What happened?”

The scene before was then starting to flash before Sehun’s eyes. He didn’t want to remember it but he couldn’t erase it in his mind, and reminiscing tore his heart into pieces.

“I do. I love you. I love you Jongin.”

He had run away at that point, just like how he ran away from the truth from all the past years. But truth is taking its toll, and now, he is starting to suffer the consequences of hiding it. He then realized that it was not only Jongin or Hana whom they have been deceiving.

Sehun’s eyes finally met his father’s as he said, “I’m sorry, appa.”

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry,” Sehun repeatedly said as tears threatened to fall from his eyes. He didn’t know where to start explaining to his father but all he knew was he needed to apologize or even more in order to be forgiven.

Mr. Oh then took Sehun’s hand as he said, “I know, Sehun. I know.”

“No, appa,” Sehun said as he trembled. “You don’t know. T-There’s something I must tell you about… about H-Hana, a-and about Suzy.”

B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter