Moving on

Decisions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Appa, won’t you throw these away?” Hana asked as she saw the boxes in front of Jongin’s apartment again.

“They are not for disposal,” Jongin replied as he stacked the boxes that have already piled up with some dust. “At least not all. Omma told me to sort them out.”

“Do you want me to help you?” Hana asked as she watched Jongin carry them inside their unit.

“Gwenchana,” he smiled. “Take a rest, and you still have to give a call to your mom.”

Hana giggled before nodding. The girl’s hair was long enough that the ends touched her ears and as the days passed, she slowly went back to the energetic and cheerful Hana everyone knew. Jongin smiled in contentment at the girl’s progress and as soon as they were changed into comfortable clothes, Jongin gave Hana his phone so that she could talk to Suzy.

“Omma!” Jongin heard Hana greeted cheerfully.

With a huge smile plastered on her face, she started talking about the day she had spent with Jongin. It was an everyday routine for Hana because she could not sleep without hearing Suzy’s voice at least for once.

“We went to the amusement park and though I was prohibited to go to some rides, we still had lots of fun…”

Jongin smiled as he listened to Hana; he then faced the boxes and decided that he could stay late to finish sorting the things that he should throw and keep. He saw some of their notebooks when they were in high school and he chuckled upon comparing them. Sehun’s was full of notes from his subjects while Suzy’s contained doodles here and there, some even with their names on it. His chuckle even became louder upon seeing that his has the blankest space with only stick figures coming out of every corner of each page and he laughed as an animation was formed. He then saw that the end page of his notebook contained his plans of what his wedding with Suzy would be.

He only realized that he was already on a trance when he heard the clanking of glasses. He turned to his left and found Hana smiling cheekily at him; she had just bumped into one of the boxes. He then gestured her to sit beside him and the girl gladly complied. She sighed contentedly as she asked,

“What did you find?”

Jongin gently closed the notebook and piled together with the other notebooks and books as he answered, “Some memories.”

“Would you throw them away?” Hana asked as she eyed the pile of papers.

“I’ll donate the books to the school while the notebooks… I don’t want to throw them away,” Jongin answered as he pulled another box towards him. “But there are some things that we need to let go.”

Hana nodded and watched as Jongin opened another box. Both of their eyebrows furrowed as they saw six of what seemed like empty jars.

“Mwoya?” Jongin saw as he raised a jar and looked at its content. “It’s just dust.”

The girl beside him also got one jar but unlike him, she gasped in surprise and mumbled, “Oh! There’s something. It looks like a leaf or… something.”

She then gave it to Jongin and the latter raise it to inspect with the light; he mumbled back, “It’s a dandelion seed.”

He then realized that the jars must have contained dandelions which have already wilted and dried. But then it was not finished as Hana said,

“There are also birthday cards. It’s from appa to appa.”

By Hana saying the words ‘appa’ twice, Jongin already knew who it came from but he confirmed it by getting the card from Hana.

To: Jongin

From: Sehun

He then got all twelve birthday cards and realized that half of it was from Sehun while the other half was from Suzy. Furthermore, the dates are the same, January 14,  but there was a one year interval for each of them. Knowing that it was not polite to read the letters that weren’t hers, Hana instead, browsed through the books while Jongin decided to read the letter one by one.

Jongin,

It had been a year since we last saw each other. I’m sorry that we didn’t part ways in good terms but don’t worry. I’m working to make it up to you. I’ll take care of Suzy and Hana like the way I know you would take care of them. I’m sorry for everything. Happy Birthday.

-Sehun

 

To my dearest Jongin,

Happy Birthday, jagi-ya. If you were alive, you would have been twenty one by now. If you were alive, I might have been married to you and not Sehun and you would have been beside me when I deliver our baby. I still dream of you and think about you all the time. But, don’t worry. We  promise you that we will take care of our child because she’s the only memory you have left for us. I also named her the way you wanted it to be. I named her Hana, our happiness.

With love,
Suzy

PS. It’s been a year and I’m still trying to move on little by little.

 

Jongin,

Happy Birthday. I hope you have already forgiven me. I’m taking Business and Administration now and college is not as frightful as we thought it would be. I know that it didn’t go as I planned, but hey. Business Ad might be miles apart from music, but it’s not that bad. As of now, I dream of nothing but a bright future ahead of Hana. Have I told you that she already talked? She called me ‘appa’ and I didn’t tell Suzy that she learned that first before she learned ‘omma’. I wish you were here to hear Hana talk. Happy birthday again.

-Sehun

 

To my dearest Jongin,

Jagi-ya, Hana called me ‘omma’ already. Sehun believes that she had learned ‘appa’ first but I know that she spoke ‘omma’ first. I wish you could see her. I agree that she took some features from you but I think everything else was from me, and I tell you, she’s a very charming child. She sleeps, eats and plays a lot so you don’t have to worry. Just enjoy your birthday. Happy Birthday jagi-ya. We also brought a cake and I baked it myself. Sehun has been teaching me how to cook and I’m getting the hang of it. I wish you were here so I could prove it.

With love,
Suzy

PS. I'm still in love you with Jongin, but I want to return Sehun’s love.

 

Jongin,

Happy Birthday. I don’t know what to say right now. I feel guilty. I know that you already knew that I love Suzy, and the last time we saw each other, we fought because of it. But I’m afraid I can’t stop myself anymore, Jongin. I want to show my affection towards Suzy. Will you allow me to?

-Sehun

 

To my dearest Jongin,

Hana is almost fluent at Korean and she’s really a fast learner. I think she likes music too since she laughs a lot whenever she hears Sehun play. She could already walk too so it’s getting difficult to watch over her now. She’s so playful like you. Please do watch over her. Hap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter