The Return

Decisions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Suzy?” Sehun said immediately after answering the call and Suzy did not fail to notice the hint of worry in his voice.

“Sehun-a,” Suzy whispered, trying to calm the male on the other line.

By calling out his name, Suzy was also trying to inform the male beside her, that even though the gap which six years had created between the two of them has been closing little by little, Jongin still does not stand a chance as long as she’s married.

“I’ve tried calling you since yesterday but you didn’t answer and I got so worried that I tried calling your friends,” Sehun blabbered non-stop. “So-hyun told me that you were hospitalized. Did the doctor say something bad about your health?”

“No. I’m fine,” Suzy replied. She didn’t want to tell him that she fainted because of fatigue. She did not want him to worry like this, but she didn’t know that he already knew everything because of So-hyun.

“She said that you fainted because of fatigue,” Sehun said.

“Yes. That’s right,” Suzy whispered, feeling down that she has disturbed Sehun’s work because of her condition.

She heard Sehun sigh on the other line and she played with her fingers, trying to calm herself because she knew that Sehun was trying to avoid having a conversation about Jongin.

“I,” Sehun started. “I already booked a ticket for home. The flight should be this afternoon and the expected time of arrival will be tomorrow.”

“You’re arriving tomorrow?” Suzy repeated.

“Yes,” Sehun said trying to sound cheerful even over the fact that Suzy was with Jongin.

“That’s good,” he heard Suzy on the other line. “We’ll be waiting for you then.”

“Take care,” Sehun added.

“Hmm,” Suzy hummed. “You too.”

There was a few moment of silence as they both waited for Jongin to be mentioned but no one had the courage to bring up the conversation.

Not knowing what to say anymore, Suzy said, “I’ll be hanging up.”

“Neh,” Sehun replied and the line went dead.

Sehun stirred in his swivel chair as he fiddled with his phone whose wallpaper was the family picture of the three of them which Jongin took. He rested his back on the chair and sighed, shutting his eyes.

When So-hyun had mentioned that Suzy was hospitalized, it made his heart skip a beat in nervousness but when she told him that she was with Jongin, his heart trembled more. He knew that Suzy had already closed the deal with Jongin to remain as friends but he can’t help but feel uneasy whenever it was mentioned that they’re together. He knew that what he felt was wrong because as her husband, he should rely on her words.

I should trust Suzy, he thought and opened his eyes, welcomed by the blue sky looking at him.

It was true that he would go home because he was done with his work in that country but he was also eager to go home because he wanted to be with his family again. Sehun felt vulnerable being away from his family. He realized that he was so in love with his family that the distance between them suffocated him but his difficulties were about to end. Being away from them was killing him softly, and he never wanted to be in the same situation again.

Fortunately, Sehun’s arrival was on a weekend so both Suzy and Hana can fetch him at the airport. Suzy was more than excited to see Sehun after a week of being separated from each other but Hana’s energy is beyond comparison.

“Umma!” Hana jumped back and forth. “Is appa here already?!”

“Hana,” Suzy tried to calm her down, chuckling at the girl’s giddiness. “He’ll call or text us if he has arrived.”

“Flight 126 has arrived,” the announcer said and Hana widened her eyes.

She slipped off Suzy’s grasp and ran towards the arrival area. Unfortunately she bumped into the leg of a tall man. The blonde man was wearing black shades, black pants and a white fitting polo shirt with a blue coat. Suzy gasped and immediately ran towards the girl who looked up to the man with fear in her eyes.

“I’m sorry, are you okay?” The man bent down and helped Hana.

“I’m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter