Falling out

Decisions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Su," Jongin whispered.

He wanted to hug Suzy at that moment, a hug that would seem that he wouldn't want to let go but he simply can't. The situation they were in won't let him voice out all his bursting emotions. On the other hand, the one-syllable that escaped Jongin's lips made Sehun's heart skipped a beat. It was barely audible but he whispered it so tenderly that the hint of longing didn't escape Sehun's ears. 

Sehun took a step forward but hesitated to make another. His gaze went back and forth to Suzy and Jongin and he was afraid that the stares were forming a connection between Suzy and Jongin: a connection that he can't enter.

Suzy just stood frozen, as if her mind completely going blank. Jongin was indulged in the moment that Suzy was standing real in front of him while Sehun wanted to read the emotions in her eyes but failed to do so.

"Omma?" Hana finally breaks the trance that the three were in. She was still holding Sehun's hand but confusion kicks in the little girl's mind.

"Omma, do you know Teacher K?" Hana asks again.

To the surprise of Sehun and Jongin, a smile formed on Suzy's lips.

"Neh," she answered.

Jongin bit his lower lip as he watched Suzy walk towards Hana's and Sehun's direction. Sehun blinked a few times, completely flabbergasted at Suzy's choice of actions. Suzy then holds the girl's shoulders as she says,

"He was your appa's bestfriend."

"Jinjja?!" Hana exclaims happily.

Suzy gives a small smile at the girl and nods.

"Uwaaa~" Hana claps merrily. Amazement was written all over her face.

Suzy then looks back at Jongin as she gave another smile, a smile that was different from the one that she gave to the little girl.

"Long time no see," she said.

"Oh," was the only thing that Jongin's voice elicited.

He was waiting long for this moment, when he becomes face-to-face with Suzy once again. It was almost exactly how he pictured it will be- Suzy looking beautiful like an angel as she whispers "long ime no see" with a smile. It was almost the way he pictured it but the difference is, she was now holding her daughter in her arms, and on her right side, was his bestfriend.

"You too," he manages to add.

Sehun was just staring at Suzy's face. He was still trying to decipher the intentions that Suzy has but the more she smiles, the more it breaks his heart.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you Teacher K. I'm Hana's mother," she replies.

Jongin gulps as a smile spreads across his face, "I was always looking forward to this meeting. Nice to meet you too."

Suzy then looks at Sehun and he finally meets her eyes that were looking for an answer.

You're looking for an answer but I don't know what the question is. Sehun's face softened at the thought.

"Appa," Hana calls Sehun's attention which made the other look at the innocent girl's face.

"Neh?"

Hana giggles as she said, "You're silly appa. You should talk to Teacher K, you know."

"Ah..." Sehun clears his throat.

He then meets Jongin's gaze once again and just like Suzy's eyes, they were asking something.

"I.." Sehun begins. "I am..."

What am I in this picture? Am I even included in this picture? Sehun thought.

"I'm.. Suzy's husband," Sehun finishes.

That's right. That's the most appropriate introduction. I'm not Hana's father afterall.

The confirmation broke Jongin's heart into pieces. He gulps, trying to hide the pain that he was experiencing. Honestly, he did not know what to reply because at that moment, he only wanted to address one question at Sehun: "Why?".

But asking that was inappropriate at that moment. There were many things that he had to consider and one of them was the presence of Hana.

"Yah! I've been looking for you! You have to welcome the parents!"

Fortunately, Byung hun disrupts the most awkward situation that they were in.

"Oh.. hyung," Jongin answeres without energy.

Byung hun's eyes then landed on Suzy and Sehun. "Annyeonghaesaeyo! Welcome to the school's foundation day! Please proceed to the auditorium."

"We understand," Sehun answers. Then, he looks back at Jongin as he said, "We'll get going

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter