The question

Decisions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun and Suzy kept holding each other's hand, supporting each other in the tough situation that they were in. The show ended but the school had prepared a reception.

"I'm glad that you can come, Mr. Oh," Mrs. Wang started when she approached the family.

"It's my pleasure, Mrs. Wang," Sehun smiled politely at the older lady.

Mrs. Wang then shifted her gaze towards Suzy while the latter bowed.

"You look like a lovely couple," Mrs. Wang added.

"Thank you," Suzy said sincerely with a smile.

Mrs. Wang then turned to Hana who was looking up so that she could Mrs. Wang's face.

"And that was a superb performance, Hana."

The little girl held by Sehun's other hand blushed as she smiled widely, "Thank you very much."

Mrs. Wang then gestured them to sit with the other parents and luckily, their attention were diverted to the families that approached them. Most of them were congratulated the two for having a child like Hana. Without the sight of Jongin around, the reception went quickly and smoothly.

"Wait!" Min Jung said, running towards them.

"Teacher Min Jung!" Hana smiled.

"Hello Hana," Min Jung replied to the girl and bowed at Sehun and Suzy who gladly returned the greeting.

"Would you mind us taking your picture before you go?" Min Jung asked.

"Ah... that won't be a problem," Sehun answered.

"Thank you! Please go straight. The booth is waiting for you there. Thank you for coming again!" Min Jung said before jumping onto the next family.

Sehun turned to look at Suzy and the latter just smiled. The three then walked towards the booth, not aware of the man behind the camera.

"Next please," they heard a voice call and Sehun brushed the curtains away to find a small room. On the other side was a printed cloth, which he assumed is the background for the picture and on the other side was the camera with Jongin manipulating it.

"Hello Teacher K!" Hana greeted him.

"Hello there, Hana," Jongin smiled at the girl. "... and you too, Sehun and Suzy."

"Hi," Sehun said awkwardly while Suzy just nodded with a small smile on her lips.

Jongin just stared at them for a while before motioning them to stand in front of the camera. They complied without saying a word. Sehun was standing close to Suzy while Hana stood in front of the two. Suzy's right hand and Sehun's left hand were holding Hana's shoulders. Jongin was adjusting the lens of the camera, trying hard so that it would create the perfect shot. However, when the lens showed how beautiful the view in front of him is, it shattered his heart.

"Smile," Jongin whispered bitterly and he realized, that he might be talking to his self too.

The rain failed to ease the mood as Sehun drove. When the traffic lights turned red, he glanced at Suzy and Hana, sitting at the back of the car.

"Is she asleep?" Sehun asked.

"Neh," Suzy answered before sighing heavily. "Hana had a long day. She needs plenty of rest."

Sehun said nothing as he just watched Suzy turn her gaze towards the window. He felt that maybe the both of them were avoiding Jongin as a topic. Then, the lights turned green again, and he immediately drove away. He wanted to take everyone home because there, he felt safe that Suzy and Hana are truly with him.

"I'll carry her," Sehun volunteered when he opened the car's door.

As soon as Suzy gave a nod, he wrapped the little girl in his arms, carrying her to her room while Suzy followed. He then looked at Suzy who was busy getting Hana's pajamas so that she could change the girl's clothes.

"I'll just take a shower," Sehun said before exiting Hana's room. 

Jongin sighed heavily as soon as he opened the apartment's door. He plopped himself onto the sofa and loosened his tie. His gaze was just directed upwards as he tried to breath. He then closed his eyes and regretted it because the picture of Suzy's family flashed before him.

He remembered how Sehun and Suzy kissed Hana's cheek and how Hana gladly returned the kiss. He remembered how they held each other's hands tightly as they talked to other parents and he remembered how perfect Suzy's family looked without him, but with his best friend.

He immediately opened his eyes and rushes to the bathroom as he felt a pang in his heart. He opened the cabinet and rummaged all the bottles inside as he panted heavily. He finally got the bottle of pain killers and with his trembling hands, he opened the lid. He swallowed one tablet which became two... three.. four... and five. He kept swallowing tablets until the he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter