Meeting again

Decisions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh. Please sit down, Suzy-ssi," Mrs. Wang said as she approached her table. The woman smiled as she also sat down. She then turned to the girl and greeted her, "Hello Hana, nice to meet you."

Hana grinned widely and bowed,  "Annyeonghaesaeyo! It's a pleasure to meet you!"

Mrs. Wang smiled and then turned back to Suzy, "So how may I help you?"

"Ah. Neh. I just have to submit some papers that Hana's lacking for the enrollment," Suzy said as she gave a brown envelope to Mrs.Wang.

Mrs. Wang took it as she examined the content. She slowly nodded as she said, "Her requirements are complete now. We just need an exam and an interview. Would today be okay for Hana?"

Suzy turned to Hana who just nodded and she replied, "I think it's okay."

"This would only take around 30 minutes to one hour. You may wait outside, Suzy-ssi."

Suzy nodded and then looked at Hana who just smiled a little. With a sigh of relief, Suzy pecked Hana's cheek and said, "Good luck, princess."

"Where are the other teachers?" Jongin asked politely as they cleaned the left-overs of lunch.

"There are no more teachers. I'm the language teacher. Byung Hun here is the Math and Science teacher," Min Jung answered while wiping the table.

"Actually, there's one more. But she got a maternity leave. That's why you're here. As an art and music teacher," Byung Hun answered putting the trash in the bin.

"Aren't there a lot of children here?"

"Ani. There are only 60 students. They are thoroughly filtered. First qualification would be to come from a prestigious family and second, would be intelligence."

"Only rich kids?"

Min Jung nodded and muttered, "Sad, right? But they are the only ones who can afford the tuition in this school. Oh. That's right. You might have extra class too."

"Extra class for the ones who would request a one-to-one tutorial. So, I was toldm" Jongin answered.

Min Jung nodded again as she added, "It seems difficult but it's actually fun. The kids are so cute."

"Then, how about we make one?" Byung hun said blankly. Min Jung then glared at him and Jongin just chuckled.

"Mrs. Wang is the principal, guidance counselor and disciplinary officer. All in one," Min Jung said as she finished cleaning.

"That's a lot of job for one person." Jongin commented.

"Its' okay for her, since preschool is already her life."

"What about her family?"

"She only has her parents. No husband nor children."

"That's why she loves children. She's infertile- ah!" Byung Hun said non-chalantly making Min Jung nudge him.

They sat down to take a rest and Jongin processed the case of Mrs. Wang as silence engulfed the three.

No spouse. No children. he thought, I am one.

What does it feel like to grow old alone? Jongin thought once again but he knew that asking Mrs. Wang be very inconsiderate of him.

"I'm going to have a cigarette," Byung Hun said  as he stood up and got one from his pocket.

"Don't smoke here! Go out," Min Jung scolded him as she got a book from her bag.

"How about you? Want one?" Byung Hun turned to Jongin.

"No. I can't smoke."

Byung hun chuckled. "Don't tell me you have a heart disease or something," he joked.

Jongin smirked, "I do."

The cigarette almost dropped from Byung Hun's mouth from what he heard. Min jung then turned to Jongin who just smiled.

"Don't worry. I'm stable," Jongin tried to ease the heavy atmosphere. Byung hun nodded.

"I'm out," he said, trying to escape the situation he caught himself in.

Jongin was then left with Min Jung who just silently read a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter