Back in Time...

Both of Us

For once again, the Jang Mansion’ living room echoed with Wooyoung’s loud voice. the history is repeating itself again.

“I HATE YOU APPA! I HATE YOU ALL…”

“Wooyoung, please hear me out. It’s for the sake of your Omma’s health. Her insomnia is getting worst. She’ll die…,” pleads Mr. Jang. It’s really his objective for executing the promise. He don’t know where they did wrong, but the promise does give a great impact to them, maybe because they made the promises at the Horvejkul’s ancestral castle.

“Don’t tell me about that stupid superstitious thought of yours. I’ll not believe it. This is not ancient world where spirits supposed to live with us…” Wooyoung glares at the elder in front of him. Nichkhun’s family shocks at Wooyoung’s statement. Nichkhun’s mother starts to cry quietly in Nichkhun’s older brother’s hug. Thanks God Nichkhun is not arrived yet. Don’t know where that man goes but Wooyoung really don’t give a damn about him.

Everyone turns their gazes toward the wall as they hear sounds of glass cracking. Wooyoung gulps his saliva nervously when he sees his ancestor’s picture frames on the wall starts to crack one by one. Now, he’s in trouble for mocking his own ancestors. The elder will win this fight and seem that he has to surrender. However, Wooyoung is stubborn enough to ignore it.

“I don’t care. I’ll not do it!”

The elders shocks as they see Wooyoung still with his decision even after he sees by his own eyes the whole thing. Wooyoung does have a head made of stone or maybe a diamond as for it really hard, harder than a rock.

“Son, please… I’m begging you.” Wooyoung turns his gaze to Nichkhun’s mother who’s starts to talk. From the start, that old woman keeps quiet without saying nothing. Wooyoung is taken aback when Nichkhun’s mother kneels on her knee begging him to marry Nichkhun. Wooyoung smiles bitterly. Their mothers must face many scary things for the period of two years. Wooyoung gets a Goosebumps.

Nichkhun who’s just arrives shocks at the scene of his mother kneeling to Wooyoung. Anger starts to fill his body when he sees it.

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU”RE DOING?!” shouts Nichkhun from the front door. Everyone startles at his hoarse voice. Nichkhun pulls his mother to stand up and lets her sits back on the couch.

“Here’s come the dog!” Wooyoung smirks at Nichkhun. no wonders Nichkhun always meet him before. It’s seem Nichkhun also together in this whole things. That’s why Nichkhun always call him ‘fiancée’ instead of ‘ex-fiancée’.

Nichkhun controls his breaths. He needs to calm down. There Wooyoung go again, saying the thing that he hates the most.

“Jang Wooyoung. Don’t be selfish. The mothers’ life is at stake because of your stubbornness. Please son. There’s no way for you to run again. I don’t have to make it hard for you. Just please, if you still care about living your luxury life, just do it. Both of you…” Wooyoung groans when his father threatens him. He smirks slyly.

“FINE! As you wish father. As you said, I got nowhere to run except for killing myself. I’ll do it, willingly. I’ll marry this prince. But one condition, one year engagement, then I’ll marry him.”

Mr. Jang startles a bit when Wooyoung mention of killing himself.  They only can sees Wooyoung walks to his room upstairs. The whole situation is so awkward for the both families.

-

Wooyoung’s grandfather takes a sit on Wooyoung’s bed. He smiles bitterly at his grandson. It’s seem Wooyoung can’t escape his destiny. Everyone in the house already asleep. Wooyoung search for his important things for him to bring. He will not marry Nichkhun. He will live in a living hell if he lives with Nichkhun. His solution is to run away again.

“Wooyoung, come. Sit here” calls his grandfather. Wooyoung slowly sit beside his grandfather, smile bitterly at him.

“Are you going to run away again?” Wooyoung nods his head slowly. His grandfather sighs. There is something seems to disturb him. Wooyoung’s grandfather looks at Wooyoung dearly. Wooyoung is a brilliant son, very clever that he can be a great king and if he to rule England on his own, Wooyoung for sure will become a legendary king like Arthur Pendragon. Wooyoung’s grandfather knew that Wooyoung come back to Korea with a careful plan. In case thing like this happen, Wooyoung can escape again. How can Mr. Jang be so foolish and not realizing Wooyoung gives him a fakes passport and some useless bankcards. Wooyoung even manages to make his father to believe that he really can confiscate Wooyoung’s properties in London.

“Do you have money to use? As far as I know, all of your bankcards are still in London. The one you gave your father is only empty account of your right?” Wooyoung smiles warmly at his grandfather. He winks his eye as he nods. As expected, only his grandfather understands him.

“I have one… at Taeyeon. I even has my own Korea bank account but a joint account with Taeyeon, you know, the one that couple or spouse use when they married.” His grandfather laughs bitterly. Wooyoung does make a good plan and his ally is not just a simple person, it’s a goddess. Wooyoung’s grandfather knows Taeyeon so well. That girl is not a normal girl as she fits well as her title as the nation goddess. Her beauty, her intelligence and bravery is not a thing that people can deny.

“Hyung, grandpa… what are you doing?” Wooyoung startles when he hears Junho’s voice. Wooyoung scratches the back of his head; don’t know how to explain to Junho. That boy will make a fuss of it if he find out Wooyoung is leaving again.

“Are you planning to run again?” guesses Junho randomly but gets a right guess. Wooyoung puts his finger to his mouth to hush Junho. He pulls Junho closer to him.

“Junho, Hyung has to go…” Wooyoung caresses Junho’s cheeks, hoping for him to understand. Junho pulls a sour face and groans. He pushes Wooyoung away from him.

“You know Hyung; I don’t want to be rude to you because I’m feeling thankful to you because you’re the one who brings me into this family. But I can’t stand you anymore. You’re really selfish and bad. Hyung, you should stay longer to see how Omma suffers here. Every night she stays up like a night ghost.” Junho pauses a while to make himself breaths correctly, controlling his dissatisfaction. “You can go Hyung but please pray together with me so that God takes Omma as soon as He can. Let not make her suffers anymore. It’s for the best. And for me don’t worry, I’ll payback all of my debt to you and live as your slave forever after Omma dies. I’ll go back to my original place. Just go Hyung, live your life happily. You always say that Appa is cruel to you, but you’re the one who’s cruel to them, making them miserable all the time… Go. Run…” Junho leaves Wooyoung and his grandfather in a great shock with what he said. Junho is absolutely right. Wooyoung feels tears flows down his cheeks. If it that hard for Junho to see, what does it feel to his mother who bears it. The completely scary scene earlier already makes his heart almost stop beating. Wooyoung cries quietly next to his grandfather.

“Wooyoung, please reconsider it. I mean there’s no harm for you to live with Nichkhun. from what I can see, that man is  nice. I’m sure he’ll be good to you. Even if anything bad happened to you, then there you can fix the whole thing. You can ask for divorce but of course, you have to give a try. If thing can’t work out, I myself will help you. Just try. What’s important is you two execute this promise. I also don’t know if we should call it a promise, it’s a lot more like a curse to me than a promise… that’s a negative side of being a royalty. You have to be true to your word. You’ve promise to marry Nichkhun just now, you can’t broke it.” Wooyoung hugs his grandfather, seeking for comfort. His heart is broken at what Junho said. However, it wakes him up from his stubbornness. He can’t afford to lost his mother when he’s only 22 years old. It’s too early for him to become a motherless child. He needs his mother at his side when he’s married. Wooyoung sobs quietly

“Grandpa, why you marry Grandma? I mean she’s not a princess or royalty after all…there’s a lot of princess or royalty in England you can marry,’ asks Wooyoung, as he feels curious about his grandfather love story. His grandfather’s bloodline is the source for their royal blood. Being a cousin to Queen Elizabeth of England, his grandfather is one of the strongest royalty bloodline.

“Because I made a promise to her…” Wooyoung frowns when he hears the word ‘promise’. Why everything must about that. His grandfather chuckles at his reaction.

“It’s because I fell in love with her at the first sight and I promised to myself to own her. Plus, your grandma is not an ordinary girl. She’s hot and rich man daughter. Even though she not a royalty but she behaves like one. I love the way she takes priority of her dignity and family’s pride…” Wooyoung giggles as he feels it’s funny on how his grandfather describes his grandmother. It’s true that his grandmother is a real beauty, one of Korea’s real beauties, Lady Song Hye Gyo. Too bad, she dies at a young age. After his grandmother died, his grandfather decides to immigrate to Korea to stay close to her grave. His grandfather changes their family name to Jang, so that he wills life with a vibes as a Korean.

“Do you think I can have a happy life like yours, grandpa? I means I’m special, with my body condition, can I survive if Nichkhun makes it hard for me?” Wooyoung’s grandfather caresses his arm softly, trying to sooth Wooyoung from his negative thinking.

“That’s what your grandma asked me when she doubts about the idea of marrying me. Yet, she has a good happy life and cruelly left me alone with your father as a gift to me…” says Wooyoung’s grandfather, trying to jokes at Wooyoung. He pulls Wooyoung’s body together with him to lie on the bed.

“Of course she’s happy because she loves you too. But me, I hardly know Nichkhun and all what we do is fight…”

“Love can grow by itself Wooyoung… just let the destiny makes the path for you…”

Wooyoung sighs as he tries to sleep. He’s tired, his mind is exhausted with the whole things. “Grandpa, don’t leave me. I’m scared, in case grandma ghost come to scold me for being a bad grandson…”

His grandfather chuckles. Wooyoung must be scared because of the incident earlier.

“It’s good. I miss your grandma though. I want to meet her…”

“Grandpa~” Wooyoung tightens his embraces, gripping tight the hem of his grandfather’s shirt, afraid if that old man leaves him alone.