Back Home

Both of Us

Wooyoung inhales the fresh air of Seoul. He just arrives at Korea a few moments ago. Two years he stayed in London, studying in Oxford University. Wooyoung sighs as he was forced to come back to Korea by his father.

“AingAing!” Wooyoung curves a smile on his face as he sees a small girl waving her hands vigorously at him. He walks toward the girl, pushing his trolley full of luggage. 

“Yoo Taengoo… am I making you wait for too long?” asks Wooyoung as he pulls the girl into his embraces.

“Woo~ I miss you so much…” says the girl as she pinches lightly Wooyoung’s cheeks and gives it a quick peck.

“I miss you too, girlfriend…” Wooyoung smiles as he kisses the girl back, on her cheek. Wooyoung can’t help but keep on smiling as he looks at the girl, Taeyeon. Wooyoung and Taeyeon already knew each other since kindergarten. They grew up together as best friends but their own life schedules keep them apart. Taeyeon always busy with her job as singer and actor. Despise of the popularity that she achieved, Taeyeon still keep in touch with Wooyoung. Even though, not often as they used to did, but they try to spend time together.

“So… are you alone?” asks Wooyoung as he realizes there something is missing. Taeyeon smiles slyly at him.

“WOODOONG~~~~” Wooyoung startles when he hears a familiar voice calling loudly his name. Thanks God they are in the VIP passage, so there not so many people around accept for a few airport staffs. Wooyoung smiles as he spreads his arm welcoming a short body that runs toward him.

“Shinyoungie~ Noona…” Wooyoung laughs as the little girl snuggling her nose on his chest.

“Wooyoung~ah… Noona misses you so much…” Taeyeon laughs as she pulls the girl away from Wooyoung.

“Yah~ ByunTaeng! Are you jealous Woo hugs me?” says Shinyoung as she glares Taeyeon, pouting her small thin lips.

“Oh please… Dream on shorty Unnie. AingAing~ kissed me just now…” says Taeyeon as she starts enters her drama queen mode. She gives Shinyoung an annoying glare, smirking as he crosses her legs, posing like a supermodel.

“YAH~ YOU WANNA DIE?”

“Aww… Unnie!!!!” Taeyeon shocks as she feels someone pulls her neck harshly. Shinyoung gives Taeyeon a headlock as she laughs heartily seeing Taeyeon struggles in her arms. Wooyoung chuckles seeing the two girls acting in front of him.

“Wooyoung~ how could you cheats on me… if you want this princess to live… bobo~” Shinyoung pouts her lips toward Wooyoung as she requesting for a kiss.

Taeyeon manages to free herself and starts to hold tightly Shinyoung’s hair, lifting it a little bit causing Shinyoung to stand on her toes.

“YAH~ HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME LIKE THAT? WHAT IF PAPARAZZI SEE IT? WE WILL HAVE TO FACE ANOTHER STUPID SCANDAL… AND DON’T YOU DARE  TO ASK MY PRINCE TO KISS YOU…” says Taeyeon, glaring at Shinyoung, letting go her hand off Shinyoung’s hair.

“I’m sorry your highness…” Shinyoung starts to kneel on her knees acting as if she begging forgiveness from a queen.

“YAH~ are you two going to do these whole drama things for the whole day?” Wooyoung puts his hands on his waist, glaring at the two best friends in front of him. The girls grin at him. They laugh as they realize that they exaggerated in their ‘drama’.

“Hehe… Woo~ sorry. Bobo?” asks Shinyoung again, still not giving up on the kiss. Wooyoung and Taeyeon giggle when Shinyoung starts to make a puppy face and starts to whine like one. Wooyoung closes their gap to give her a peck on the cheek but Shinyoung expertly steals a kiss on the lips causing Taeyeon to shout at her.

“YAH~ that’s not fair…”

Wooyoung is taken aback when he feels his body pulls by someone and a soft lips land on his lips.

“Now… that’s what we call fair,” says Taeyeon as she wipes her lipstick stain from Wooyoung’s lips. “Now, let’s go. I bet you’re carving for Korean foods so much… let’s fill your stomach with one…” Taeyeon winks at Wooyoung who’s wiping his lip, making sure that the lipstick stain is fully removed.

“Yah~ you will make me fall in love with you if you keep doing that to me” says Wooyoung as he follows Taeyeon. He chuckles at Shinyoung who’s helpless in Taeyeon embraces, with covered by Taeyeon’s hand.

“I’m glad if you can… but you knew your own heart so well Woo~” Wooyoung smiles bitterly at Taeyeon. Wooyoung wraps his arm around Taeyeon’s shoulder, as they walk toward Taeyeon’s hot pink Ferrari.

Wooyoung and Taeyeon keep on laughing as they watch how funny Shinyoung’s face is while she enjoys the Korean beef soup. 

“Uhmm… Woo~ can I ask you something?” Wooyoung nods his head as he smiles warmly at Taeyeon. Wooyoung already expects what question Taeyeon will ask.

“So, why do you come back? I thought you’ll never put your feet on Korea ground again…,” says Taeyeon slowly, afraid if what she says will hurt Wooyoung. Shinyoung slurps her soup slowly as she notices the atmosphere starts to become serious.

Wooyoung smiles as his hands make a meat wrap and feeds it into Taeyeon’s mouth. Taeyeon like a kid obediently eats it as she waits for Wooyoung’s answer.

“Me too. I thought I will never come back… but you know, my dad… using my mom as an excuse to bring me back here… plus, I really miss her. Dad banned her from meeting me… I just can’t be stubborn for the whole life. If not, I’ll only end up seeing my mom on her funeral day. That’s why I come back. Plus, my family seems to forget the past. I’m sure they’ll have no courage to bring it back… In addition, I also miss my girlfriends so much…,” says Wooyoung as he pinches Taeyeon and Shinyoung’s cheeks together. The girls frown but then laugh, trying to avoid the atmosphere becomes gloomy.

“Hmm… now, let’s give my dearest family a very pleasant surprise…’’

Taeyeon grins as she catches what’s Wooyoung means. She knew that Wooyoung supposed to arrive at Korea Monday next week, but they got a plan at the weekend, causing Wooyoung to takes an earlier flight, much earlier than his family could expect.