First Encounter...

Both of Us

2 years 2 months ago….

At the Horvejkul’s Castle in Thailand.

Nichkhun breathes heavily as he controls his anger. What he just hears right now is the stupidest thing he ever heard.

“Dad! How could you make your son marry to a man?!” his eyes starts to glisten as tear wells inside it. Nichkhun clenches his fist. His life is ruined. The path of his life is not as what he wishes for. That’s the negative side of born in a rich family, everything in the heirs’ life is already planned and for Nichkhun, his life is because of a damn stupid promise that his mother made with her friend. Nichkhun looks at her mother who’s starting to whimper on the chair. Nichkhun’s heart starts to feel the pain as he can stand the sight of his dearest mother crying.

“It’s your responsibility Nichkhun. You were raised with this promise as your responsibility. It’s just we never expect that your mom friend would delivered a baby boy as we have check it before, the baby supposed to be a girl…thing had been done, a promise is a promise. We need to stay true to our word. In addition, you two already had your engagement ritual since that boy is in his mother’s stomach... I bet you already forgotten about it… we all did.” Mr. Horvejkul pauses as he takes a deep breath before continuing with his words. “When the baby was born and we all found it was a baby boy, both of families decide to forget the promise and move on as if it never happened. However, son, a promise is made with a price, lately your mom having bad dream. Her sleep is disturbed by both of the family ancestors for being not true to her words. Same thing happened to that child’s mother. Last week, we also find out that the child already reaches his 20th birthday. Maybe that the reason, the boy is already at the coming of age where you two should execute the promise.”

Nichkhun sighs as his finger wipes the tears that start to fall down his cheeks. His life is screwed. He is the black sheep in the family. Being the second heir, his life is always been control, force to do things he does not like, trained as a backup to replace his older brother if says anything bad happened to his older brother.

“FINE!! From the starts, my life is not mine. It’s always yours to plan the whole things… don’t worry dad, I’ll be a good son and will do it if that is my responsibility… I’m grateful that you two willing to raise me well… fine, I’ll do it…I’ll do it…”

Mrs. Horvejkul takes Nichkhun into her embrace, realizing how hard it for Nichkhun.

“I’m sorry son…”

 

At the Jang’s Mansion in Korea.

“YOU HAD TO DO IT JANG WOOYOUNG!!!” Mr. Jang’s hoarse voice echoes in the whole mansion. Wooyoung glares at his father sharply. He crosses his arm on his chest. A war between father and son.

“APPA! ARE YOU CRAZY? I’M NOT EVEN A HOMOUAL. YET YOU MARRY ME OFF TO A MAN WHO’S I DOESN’T EVEN KNOW!” Wooyoung gets a point there. This whole marriage thing is insane and the way his father explained it, it just so superstitious for Wooyoung. He takes a glance at his mother who’s seemed tired. It’s true that his mother is lack of sleep but Wooyoung can’t believe it was because of his ancestor’s spirit disturbing her mother. Of course, it makes Wooyoung to have a Goosebumps but he don’t want to accept the fact that he will marry a man. And he is only 20 years old and will marry soon when his friends at his age is enjoying themselves as a single teen, not a married one.

“It’s not like you can give me an heir if you marry to a woman though…,” says Mr. Jang slowly but loud enough to reaches Wooyoung’s ears. Wooyoung frowns as his chest starts to feel painful. His father is right. His body condition is not in the state where he can give an heir for his family. Even if he marries to a woman, his chance to have children is small or almost to zero. Only if miracle happens, then it will be another story. Wooyoung feels heartbroken to hear it. It’s always the thing that his father uses to fight against him, his flaw and the wealth of the family. Wooyoung looks at his sister who’s quietly sits next to their mother, soothing the old woman from crying.

“Yes. You’re right Appa. I’ll do it. Let’s make full use of my body so that you can make your legacy wider and achieves higher rank…okay then, I’ll marry that man. Seeing you happy is my pleasure, even if I had to sacrifice MY BODY AND WHOLE LIFE! Plus I can’t afford to be dumped on the street and living a beggar life if you take my name out from your will.” Wooyoung fakes a smile on his face, looking at the whole family with his red eyes. Everyone keeps quiet except for Wooyoung’s mother who’s starts to whimper again.

“Wooyoung honey… I’m so sorry…”

Wooyoung turns his body toward the stairs, opening his steps to his bedroom. He slams the door hard until the doorknob broken. Wooyoung lies on his bed, cries himself to sleep.

 

Two weeks later…

Starbucks Café in the Gangnam province.

Nichkhun sits patiently at the corner of the café. His fingers keep tapping the table as he waiting for someone to come. It’s the first time for him to meet his fiancée. No wonder his family willing to send him to study in Korea. The whole thing is already in the plan, or they not. Nichkhun smirks thinking how he ends up at Korea. It was his own will and he’s the one who insists to study in Korea.

“Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul?” Nichkhun lifts his head up facing the man who’s mentioning his name. He shocks at how cute that person looks. Even though he already saw his picture, but that man sure look far cuter in the real life. “Excuse me? Are you deaf or what?”  It’s wake Nichkhun up when he hears how poisonous that lad’s voice sounded. And his English is not bad, fluent and sound arrogant. Nichkhun comes back to reality; grips back the fact that this lad is the cause of his doomed life.

“I am and you must be Jang Wooyoung a.k.a my fiancée,” says Nichkhun in Korean as he gives Wooyoung a smirk. Wooyoung stares a Nichkhun annoyingly as he takes a seat in front of Nichkhun.

“Yes I am, … acting as if you don’t recognize me. I bet you already look more than enough information about me, don’t you?”

It takes Nichkhun aback when Wooyoung called him ‘’. Nichkhun scans Wooyoung’s body. Purple V-neck shirt, exposing his y collarbone, his pink lips, and look glossy as Wooyoung is using etude house Shinee’s lip balm.

“Listen! I’m not a homoual and...”

“Owwh… I believe you don’t. I believe you so much…now let’s get to the point !” says Wooyoung, mocking Nichkhun. The sight of Nichkhun really makes his blood fuming in rages. Nichkhun is the one who’s started the whole promise thing (according to his Omma’s story). If not because of the two years old Nichkhun always playing with his mother’s stomach when wooyoung is still in it, this whole thing will never happened.

“You!’’ Nichkhun starts to lose control, as he feels angry at Wooyoung’s behavior. So rude and so not Korean, Korean people supposed to be polite and respect the older person. However, this one in front of him is far from what Nichkhun knew on how a Korean people should behave.

“Me what?” replies Wooyoung as he glares at Nichkhun sharply.

“Don’t try to challenge me! If I say I’m not a homoual, it’s mean I’m not… and yes, I knew you also investigate about me. I knew you’ve read about my gay scandals on the internet… it’s all bull! So, trust me. Don’t even try to make me angry… if not…”

 

Wooyoung rolls his eyes, smirking at Nichkhun. “If not what? You think I’m afraid of you?” Wooyoung looks at Nichkhun annoyingly as he sees Nichkhun chuckles evilly in front of him.

A sly erted smile forms on Nichkhun’s face. “Try me… and I’ll make you live in a living hell, princess! You wanna know fiancée, I don’t have problem about ing a man… especially someone cute like you…” Nichkhun smirks as he feels himself nearer to the glory.

Wooyoung looks at Nichkhun disgustingly and then he smirks. “Me too… I’m okay with it… as for you, the next day will be a new life for you with your separated from your body!!”

Nichkhun coughs when he hears it. This boy in front him really need a lesson. Nichkhun smirks as he already plan a few things on how to do it.

“Now, let’s get back to where we are. I don’t have much time to spend with you. It’s hot here…,” says Wooyoung as he fans himself with the tissue, mocking Nichkhun again.

Their first meeting is sure great. And of course the following days should be more interesting.