Royal Escape...

Both of Us

 

A tense atmosphere surrounds the living room in the Jang Mansion. Wooyoung glares at his father as if he digging a hole on his father’s body with his sharp gaze. The Horvejkul family shocked as they see Wooyoung’s behavior. This young man is sure a hard thing to handle. Nichkhun also surprised. He already saw how bad Wooyoung’s attitude is but he never expects that Wooyoung will shout impolitely at his father in front of his future in-laws.

“Mr. Jang, I’ll not live together with that man. WILL NEVER! This marriage thing is will be only on paper. Plus, it was the main purpose, to make both families gain more wealth.” Nichkhun clenches his fists as he feels that Wooyoung is insulting his family. Mr. Jang breathes irregularly as he controls his wrath. His son is over the limit.

“It’s okay father… I’ll handle this. I think we’ll go to our own house…” Nichkhun has to help lightens the atmosphere, as he hates the sight of his mother that start to cry. ‘You really need to be teaches Wooyoung.’

The whole families keep silent as they see Nichkhun drags Wooyoung out from the house. No one dare to stop Nichkhun as they see Nichkhun starts to do his role as a husband. In addition, it is for their future. Nichkhun and Wooyoung need to learn to get used to each other. They knew that Nichkhun is mature enough and know how to tame and control the rebellious Wooyoung.

-

-

Wooyoung slams the door as he enters the bedroom, leaving Nichkhun outside. He throws everything inside the room. He and Nichkhun are not even married or engaged properly but their families already prepared a house for them and forces they live together. Their reason is so that they can get to know each other. Wooyoung rolls his eyes, smirking at how pathetic the reason is.

 

Hearing the ruckus in the bedroom, Nichkhun slowly goes upstairs. His eyes widen up when he sees his things scattered on the floor.

“YAH! What do you think you’re doing?” shouts Nichkhun as he enters the room. Wooyoung smirks at him, giving him annoying look.

“It’s my hobby. So, got any problem it, dog?” Wooyoung crosses his arms on his chest, bravely stares into Nichkhun’s eyes.

Nichkhun startles when he hears what Wooyoung said. “Pardon? What did you call me just now? Dog?” asks Nichkhun as he moves closer to Wooyoung.

“What? Should I say it in English? It’s true that you’re a dog. A very loyal one to your family…” adds Wooyoung. He stands firmly in front of Nichkhun. His heart beats faster when Nichkhun grabs his collar. Now, he’s really in trouble, messing with a wrong person.

“I told you, not to make fun or do anything that will make me angry…”

“So, you did have feeling huh? I thought a dog like you only know how to follow your master orders…,” says Wooyoung again, adding fuel to the fire. He knew it too late to back down now.

“Do you think I really want this marriage?” Nichkhun voice is very stern, fuming in rage because of Wooyoung. From the starts, Wooyoung always finds something to make him angry, today Wooyoung is greatly successful to do so.

“So, why don’t you reject it? You’re old enough to go against your family! As expected, a dog is a dog…”

“JANG WOOYOUNG!”

Nichkhun glares at Wooyoung, breathing heavily controlling his anger. At this point, he feels he could kill Wooyoung on the spot. However, he has better plan.

“Hmm… you know what? I already plan to do so, cancelling this marriage but based on your attitude. So, I got a better plan… TO. MAKE. YOU. SUFFER. FOR. YOUR. WHOLE. LIFE.” It was loud and clear. Wooyoung pushes Nichkhun harshly when Nichkhun kisses his neck.

“ING GAY DOG!!!”

PAP!

Wooyoung feels a bitter pain on his cheek. Nichkhun slapped him, very hard to the point his lips bleed. It only the first hour they stay in the same house, Wooyoung shivers as he imagines how hard it will be for the whole life. Before he can go out from the room, Wooyoung feels his body is lifted up from the floor.

“Where do you think you’re going? It’s our first night, princess. I can’t wait until our marriage day, I can just you now,” says Nichkhun as he throws Wooyoung’s harshly onto the bed. Wooyoung tries to run but it’s too late as for Nichkhun already on top of him and his neck hard. Nichkhun is too strong for Wooyoung to fight. Wooyoung keeps struggling when Nichkhun keeps kissing his lips harshly. Wooyoung can feel blood entering his mouth. His lips must be bleeding a lot.

Nichkhun gasps when Wooyoung bites his lower lip hard. Wooyoung takes the opportunity to push Nichkhun until Nichkhun falls from the bed. Wooyoung runs as fast as he could, escaping from the house.

“You can run Wooyoung, for now…” says Nichkhun as he laughs evilly. He thinks that it’s already a good lesson for Wooyoung and more than enough to make that young man behave well for a few days.

 

Wooyoung sits at the corner of his grandfather’s bedroom, pulling his legs close to his chest. He cries quietly afraid if he wakes his grandfather from his sleep. He has nowhere to go. His father locks his bedroom. He wants to go to Taeyeon’s place but he don’t want to disturbs his best friend late in this night. The only place where he could go is his grandfather bedroom.

Wooyoung’s grandfather wakes up when his ears caught a sound of someone’s sobbing quietly. It’s break his heart to see Wooyoung sits at the corner at his room, crying like a lost child. He frowns as he realizes how useless himself as a grandfather. He regrets that he can’t help Wooyoung to go against his father.

“Woo~ What happened to you?!” Wooyoung’s grandfather starts to feel wrath when he sees Wooyoung’s bruise cheek and his bleeding lip.

“It’s nothing grandpa… I fought with Nichkhun just now… I’m okay…,” says Wooyoung in his sobs. He stands up when his grandfather pulls him and makes him sits on the bed. Wooyoung sits quietly when his grandfather treats his wound and makes a glass of milk for him.

“I’m sorry for not being able to help you go against your father…” guilty expression form on his grandfather’s face makes Wooyoung feels sad.

“It’s okay Grandpa. My destiny…” says Wooyoung, trying to convincing his grandfather that he’s fine.

“If you really don’t want this whole thing, there’s only one thing I can do but the rest is up to you.”

Wooyoung looks at his grandfather confusedly as the old man take something from his safe lock. His grandfather brings a pile of document to the bed.

“Here… it’s a deed… my properties in London… a castle and companies that’s still under my name. I was supposed to give this to you on your 20th birthday but when I think back, it’s too early to give it to you. These all are yours and PERSONALLY is your very own properties, the other families can’t even lay their finger on it.” Wooyoung’s Grandfather smiles warmly, hoping Wooyoung gets what he’s up to. If he can’t help Wooyoung directly, he will secretly help his grandson. The consequences will be the next thing to think of.

“But Grandpa…” Wooyoung feels confused but a bit happy as he sees there is a light for him to free himself. But can he do it? He’s only 20 years old and never been away from home for a long period.

“As I say, it’s your choices…you only got 3 days before your official engagement reception.” Wooyoung hugs his grandfather tightly when that old man kisses his forehead dearly. Only his grandfather and Junho is the place for Wooyoung to ease himself. The only one that treats him completely like a family, other than his mother who’s mostly follows his father’s to go against Wooyoung. As for the other family, Wooyoung is only the backup heir as for his sister is the heiress for most of his father’s wealth. Sometimes, Wooyoung feels distant but most of time, he ignores the whole thing and lives his life as a normal rich kid.

Wooyoung leaves the house early in the morning. He goes to Taeyeon’s place to avoid his family sees his condition. Moreover, he wants to escape from his father’s blabbering.

 

3 days later, Engagement ceremony day…

Wooyoung smiles bitterly at his mother as the servants help to groom him. Almost all the time he avoids talking to everyone. He only met Nichkhun for a few times after their fighting incident. Wooyoung smirks at his own body, seeing how beautiful the white suit fits his body. The lace at the end of the suit sleeves makes the suit look elegant and sophisticatedly look ancient. Adding to it, a white cloak that wrapped beautifully on his shoulder, adding an ancient prince look at him.

‘What the hell? Do I have to wear this Arthur Pendragon costume? It’s not like this is Camelot era’

“Wooyoung… your car is here…” Wooyoung turns his head to his father who’s looking at him proudly. Wooyoung bets his father must be happy. Like a zombie, Wooyoung walks passes by his father to the exit. Wooyoung fakes a smile to his parents as they enters their car. They have to be at the engagement hall before Wooyoung.

“You! Drives Junho to that place” orders Wooyoung to a male servant who’s stand at his back.

“But Hyung… I’m supposed to accompany you…” protests Junho. Wooyoung hugs his dongsaeng and kisses him on the forehead.

“Listen to Hyung. Be a good boy, okay? Listen to Omma and Appa. Don’t be like Hyung. Hyung is a bad child…,” says Wooyoung as he tightens his hug. Junho wraps his arm around Wooyoung’s waist, kissing his Hyung back on the cheek.

“I’ll Hyung. I hope Hyung will be okay and come back to visit me often. Moreover, Hyung and Nichkhun Hyung’s house is not that far from ours. You can visit anytime, won’t you?” says Junho innocently. Wooyoung gives Junho a last kiss on his cheek before sends the young man away.

Wooyoung smiles slyly but bitter as he enters the car. His heart aches so much seeing Junho’s innocent happy face.

‘I’m so sorry Junho…’

“To the airport!”

“But…”

“I SAID AIRPORT!!” the driver startles hearing Wooyoung’s harsh voice. Instantly he drives the car to the airport.

Taeyeon and Shinyoung nervously wait for Wooyoung’s arrival at the entrance of the airport. Taeyeon smiles bitterly when Wooyoung’s car stop in front of her. Taeyeon quickly gives a long Burberry coat and sunglasses to Wooyoung, for that man to hide his super obvious apparel.

“What the hell Woo? Are you going to have a marriage ceremony also? This clothes of your is look like you two is going to marry today,” asks Taeyeon trying to joke at the solemn atmosphere. Wooyoung quickly gets out from the car.

“Taengoo, Noona… thanks very much. I don’t know how to do this if I don’t have you two…” Wooyoung hugs his girlfriend tightly, expressing how grateful he is for having them.

“You got to go now…” says Taeyeon as her eyes starts to blur because of the tear. “Thanks God your engagement is a close ceremony, if not, the whole world will be a ruckus with the news of a runaway bride…” jokes Taeyeon. “Go. I’ll meet you at Paris two days later, I’m sure your dad will look for me.”

-

-

The halls starts to become noisy as Wooyoung still not arrive. The two families start to worry. They have tried to call Wooyoung but it goes answerless. It has become silent for a while as Wooyoung’s chauffeur run toward Nichkhun, giving him a letter.

I guess I’m a whole lot better in making decision… ex-fiancée. Let’s officially call off the engagement… we’re both at the age where we can make our own decision…

Nichkhun groans as he walks out the hall. Mr. Jang and Mr. Horvejkul seem to understand what happened. They shake their head and their mouth wide opens. Wooyoung is really a super brilliant and a brave one.

For a month, they try to get Wooyoung back, but they fail as Wooyoung has a great backup. Even after Mr. Jang freezes Wooyoung’s account, Wooyoung still keep silent and hide from them. Only after, Taeyeon tells them, they find where Wooyoung is. However, being a brilliant ‘prince’ who’s live in a castle, Wooyoung orders his guard to not let anyone enters his castle even his family members except for he slyly cheats his father saying that he’s willing to talk with his grandfather but then ‘kidnaps’ his grandfather to stay with him. At last, they stop their attempt and give up in despair.