Next Step..

Both of Us

The hyper mall is packed with people whose come to spend their weekend. Nichkhun and Wooyoung almost go all over the place, looking for some accessories and clothes that Wooyoung like. Nichkhun shakes his head and obediently follows Wooyoung. Even though Wooyoung is a boy but he shops like a girl, very fussy.

They stop at the Baskin Robbins ice cream parlor to rest a while. Wooyoung keeps whining because of his painful ankle. Nichkhun chuckles when he sees Wooyoung scrunches his face.

“Do you enjoy it that much seeing I’m in pain?” asks Wooyoung as the starts to feel upset.

“I told you not to wear those shoes… looks at the heels, it’s almost like 4cm height. Are you wearing insole inside?” Nichkhun shakes his head side to side when Wooyoung grins at him. He knew what does it means. “What the hell, Youngie? You’ll destroy your ankles if you keep wears shoes like that…”

Wooyoung rolls his eyes, annoyed. “Like I said, it’s to make me look good and at the same height as you… do you want your fiancée to look ugly?”

Nichkhun chuckles at Wooyoung’s cliché reason. “You already look good though. I like it more if you a bit shorter, so that I can kiss you easily…” Nichkhun laughs at the end of his words. Wooyoung mumbles something in his mouth, cursing Nichkhun quietly as he realized he should controls his behavior even though he’s in his y mode.

“Let’s go… we have to buy the groceries, our main objectives. It’s seem you makes us wander off too far…’’ says Nichkhun, joking at Wooyoung.

“It’s our first date though. We even use couple shirt…,” teases Wooyoung as he blinks his eyes cutely at Nichkhun. Nichkhun once again mesmerized with Wooyoung’s cuteness.

He chuckles as he pulls Wooyoung from his seat.

“So, it’s really a couple shirts huh? And if this is our first date, let’s hold hands…” says Nichkhun as he raises his brows, teasing Wooyoung. Surprisingly, Wooyoung okay with it as for today he is going to endure all of Nichkhun’s teases and game.

“Fine. Today, I’ll give you a special treatment and I’ll pamper you like a real loving fiancée… I ‘m not that bad fiancée as for all this while you pampered me too much. So, ONLY today I’ll pamper you… okay Khunie~” Nichkhun smiles in astonishment. Something is really wrong with Wooyoung today. Is it revenge because of the kiss?

“Okay Youngie~, now let’s go…”

“Khunie~ let’s sit a little longer. My legs are still hurt…,” pleads Wooyoung as he scrunches his face.

“We can’t… don’t be selfish. There’s more people outside who wants to sit and have ice cream…,” says Nichkhun as there is really some people wait for some empty tables. Nichkhun looks at Wooyoung who’s seem to be in real pain. He sighs inaudibly. If they goes home now, it’s will the end of their ‘game’ and yet they haven’t buy the groceries.

“Youngie~ what if we rest in the cinema… there’s one movie that just released last week that I want to watch…,” suggests Nichkhun. Wooyoung’s expression brightens up as he thinks it also a good idea.

“Okay then… lead the way…,” says Wooyoung as he gives his fiancée a sincere smile. This is what he likes at Nichkhun. That man gives his best to make sure Wooyoung is fine and always get what he wants.

-

“Let’s go inside. The movie almost starts…,” pleads Nichkhun. He looks at Wooyoung’s sour face and mischievously smiles at his sulking fiancée. He can’t believe that Wooyoung is too coward to watch horror movie.

“Can’t you watch another movie?” asks Wooyoung as he starts to whine. He crosses his arms on his chest. Wooyoung pouts his lips and puffs his cheeks, sulking.

“Sorry. I don’t even know that you don’t like to watch horror movie. That’s why you should spend more time to talk about yourself with me…,” says Nichkhun in his chuckles. It’s so funny to see Wooyoung’s face right now. Wooyoung is look like a kid who’s lost his ice cream. “Moreover honey, it’s a couple seat so you can sit close and hold me if you want… like you said, it’s our date right? Please okay… I really want to watch this movie… Taecyeon and Junsu already watched and brags too much about this movie. That’s why I’m so curious to watch it… please, let’s go inside…” pleads Nichkhun as he holds Wooyoung’s hands and looks at his fiancée with his best puppy eyes. Nichkhun really want to watch the new movie, The Conjuring. It’s sound great and interesting when Taecyeon told him a little bit about the movie.

Wooyoung flusters as he sees Nichkhun’s aegyo and slowly he nods his head as he sighs. Nichkhun smiles warmly at him and they walk inside the cinema hand in hand.

 

The movie is supposed to be scary. However, Nichkhun somehow keeps giggling at Wooyoung who is at his side. Nichkhun’s heartbeat is inconsistent as Wooyoung grips tight his hand and left arm. He hardly focuses on the movie when Wooyoung also force himself to watch the movie as well. When it’s time for horror parts, Wooyoung will automatically sinks his face into Nichkhun’s shoulder. Wooyoung’s action causes Nichkhun to feel nervous and his heart is strangely beating in a way he can’t understand.

-

The scent of delicious foods fills the penthouse. Nichkhun smiles as he knows it must be their foods for dinner. He goes downstairs to check on Wooyoung in the kitchen. Husbandly smiles curves on his face as he sees Wooyoung is focuses washing the pans that he uses to cook. Slowly Nichkhun approaches Wooyoung and makes his step as light as he can. Wooyoung yelps when Nichkhun hugs him from the back.

“YAH!” Wooyoung hits Nichkhun’s arm lightly, annoying at his fiancée. Nichkhun chuckles as he lands his chin on Wooyoung’s shoulder.

“I’m hungry already. Let me wash that later, let’s eat…” says Nichkhun as he takes Wooyoung’s hand into his grasp and washes them together with them. Wooyoung smiles at Nichkhun’s lovey-dovey action. However, Nichkhun seems to use some magic on him, as he seems to be fine with it. He even enjoys Nichkhun’s warmth body behind him.

“You must be hungry, won’t you…?” asks Wooyoung as he walks with Nichkhun to the dining table. Nichkhun is still sticks to Wooyoung’s back, enjoying his fiancée’s sweet scent.

“Very much… starving!” answers Nichkhun as he pulls Wooyoung with him to the fridge to take Cola as he sees there’s none on the table. Wooyoung smirks, seeing Nichkhun acts spoiled at him. He already gets used to some of it, but today Nichkhun is acting too much, as if Nichkhun is in love with him.

“Really? If I give you choices now, whether to eat the foods on the table or ‘eat’ me up, which one would you pick?” teases Wooyoung, naughtily teasing Nichkhun. Nichkhun scoffs hearing such question. He chuckles as he tightens his embraces.

“Hmm… I’ll eat the foods… then, I’ll ‘eat’ you… because I gonna need as much energy I have to ‘eat’ you up…” says Nichkhun in a y tone. Wooyoung yelps when Nichkhun suddenly bites his neck softly.

“Yah! Let me go… let’s eat…” Wooyoung pulls himself out from Nichkhun’s embraces and takes his seat. He can feel his cheeks are burning because of Nichkhun’s sudden action. He somehow shies because right now, he’s fully sober and sane. It’s not his norm to do that kind of things with Nichkhun. Nichkhun chuckles awkwardly as he’s also startles at his own daring action.

-

After dinner, Wooyoung sits in the living room, watching the television. Nichkhun is nowhere to be seen. Wooyoung assumes that Nichkhun must be in the reading room, doing his works. Wooyoung yawns a few times as he starts to feel sleepy. Without he realizes it, he watched three movies in a row. He turns his head to the reading room and sees the light is still on. His eyes catch a glimpse of Nichkhun who’s immerse in reading some sort of documents. Wooyoung forms a smile on his face.

Nichkhun is a son of a wealthy family but still that man has this conscience to live an independent life. Nichkhun has a great sense of responsibility. Wooyoung smiles bitterly as he thinks of Nichkhun who is willing to accomplish the promise that their family made. For Wooyoung, it is an irrational thing for them to do it. They actually can escape their destiny and refuses to get married, but Nichkhun’s sense of responsibility makes it hard for Wooyoung as it’s useless if only him that reject the whole thing. As for Nichkhun, that man obediently follows his family’s request. Wooyoung sighs as he realized how selfish he is when he has this thought of Nichkhun must be sacrificing himself for the sake of his mother, just like what he did.

“Khun… may I come in?” asks Wooyoung as his hand holds a glass of warm milk. He made it for Nichkhun who’s seem to going has a hard time to sleep if he keeps on have this office works thing in his head.

“Hmm… just come in, no need to ask for permission… haven’t sleep yet?” asks Nichkhun at Wooyoung who’s walking slowly toward him. He smiles slyly when he notices Wooyoung called him ‘Khun’ instead of Nichkhun.

Wooyoung shakes his head side to side, as he hands Nichkhun the milk. “Here… drink it… you must be thirsty… and don’t worry, I don’t put anything weird inside…” says Wooyoung, accidentally slips his cynical talk. Nichkhun sighs as he drinks the milk in one-shot, a bit upset at the way Wooyoung talks about him putting something in the drink. It’s not like he ever said such thing like that to Wooyoung. “Is there still more to do?” asks Wooyoung as he sits on the chair in front of Nichkhun.

“Yup… i have to finish this quickly because I’m gonna need it next week… you should go to bed first…” suggests Nichkhun as he notices Wooyoung yawns a few times in front of him. Wooyoung grins at Nichkhun as he shakes his head.

“Never mind. I think I want to stay up late with you… keep on with your work. Don’t bother about me here.” Wooyoung takes Nichkhun’s Ipad and starts to play Candy Crush.

Nichkhun smiles mischievously at Wooyoung. “Are you perhaps afraid being all alone upstairs because of movie earlier?” teases Nichkhun. Wooyoung gives him a glare and signals him to continue his work instead of teasing him. “So… you’re really a scaredy-cat, don’t you?” Wooyoung pouts his lips and ignores Nichkhun who’s laughing at him.

-

Wooyoung starts to get boring and feels extremely sleepy. His eyes keep sneak a peek at Nichkhun, hoping that man finished his work already. Wooyoung wants to go to the bedroom but the movie earlier is still fresh in his mind. The image of the ghost keeps appear in his mind. Nichkhun smiles bitterly as he notices Wooyoung are really sleepy but still stubborn to force himself to stay awake. Nichkhun closes the document, deciding to continue his works tomorrow. Moreover, there’s only a few left.

“Youngie~ let’s sleep…’’ Wooyoung’s expression brightens up as he looks at Nichkhun with his puppy eyes. He smiles sweetly at Nichkhun and walks out the room first, going to their bedroom. Nichkhun chuckles as he follows Wooyoung from behind.

Their bedroom is cold due to the malfunctioning air Cond. Earlier in the evening, Nichkhun checked the air Cond and finds out that it can’t be turn off and keeps staying at the temperature of 8 degree Celsius. Wooyoung cuddles happily with his pillow on the bed. That night, he and Nichkhun use triple layers of blanket to avoid coldness. Nichkhun throws himself on to the bed as soon as he gets out from the bathroom. He sighs in relieve as he feels his body is relaxed and refresh as soon as he lands on the soft mattress.

Seeing Wooyoung makes their usual boundary using the pillow, Nichkhun absentmindedly throws away the pillow to the floor as he moves himself closer to Wooyoung.

“Please… tonight let’s sleep closer to each other. Now that I think of it, it’s so weird to have that pillow between us. It’s like I’m sleeping with two people in a bed…,” says Nichkhun as he grins at Wooyoung who’s look startles at his action. Nichkhun smiles slyly as he finally dares to do it. If he wants to crumble down Wooyoung’s wall, he first should erase the boundary between them. “Moreover, did you forget about that ghost earlier in the movie…? Do you want it to fill the gap between us on the bed?”

Wooyoung pulls a sour face as he slaps lightly Nichkhun’s chest. However, Wooyoung has to give in to Nichkhun and moves closer. Seeing Wooyoung hesitates, Nichkhun pulls his fiancée into his embrace and pulls the blankets all over their bodies. Only the sound of their breath can be heard. Wooyoung stiffened in Nichkhun’s embraces.

“Youngie~ next Monday, I’ll go outstation… to New York…”

“Hmm… okay…,” replies Wooyoung almost whispering. He feels his voice is stuck at his throat. He somehow feels shocks and strangely already miserable, thinking about Nichkhun’s absence. It will be the first time Nichkhun leaves him to a faraway place and Nichkhun must be away for a long time. Nichkhun tightens his embrace, closing his eyes as he tries to controls his heartbeats that beat irregularly.

“Good night… Youngie~…”