[19]

My Soulmate

 

Chanyeol walked to his car, when suddenly his phone ringing on his hand. He didn’t let go off his hand, didn’t even put it on his pocket. He hold it around. He looked at the screen before sweep it to answer.

“ oh, heenim hyung .. “ he spoke. He really glad that his lovely hyung suddenly called him. This hyung has been traveled around the world for ages. “ how are you hyung ? “ he added.

I ‘m awesome “  the guy across the phone chuckled. Chanyeol just close his door and started his engine, ready to drive away.

oh chanyeol ! so I just got a message about you are searching for a girl and I think I saw her..

Chanyeol stopped his movement, listened to what the guy across the phone tried to tell him.

“y – yes ? “ he asked.

hmm.. I think I saw her. Well, I just drive away when I looked at some people getting off from ambulance and that girl was there but I really need to go but I can tell that it was her!

Chanyeol believed at heenim’s eyes. He once only gave heenim a slight pic of his lost puppy then heenim found it and it doesn’t happen only once. Almost all the time.

“ so which hospital is it hyung ?? “Chanyeol started to play the gear and left the college.

[]

There Chanyeol saw you. You leaned your forehead on the wall. Surgery room. Chanyeol got the information from the receptionist table front. He looked at your gloomy face in front of the white wall. You closed your eyes, hoping your brother can successfully pass the surgery. The doctor said there’s a lump in his brain which needs to be removed. You stood there in front of the wall right beside the surgery room’s door when your mom sat down in the waiting seat given in front of the room. Chanyeol walked to you. He tried to manage his heart not to hurt you with anything he might do. You didn’t realize his presence, only your mom did. Chanyeol didn’t even greet your mom since his focus is only to your direction. He didn’t even realize that your mom was there as well, with you. Once he got close enough with you, he took your shoulder. Spun you a bit then hold you in his embrace. You didn’t manage to see the face who just turned you around. Once you are on his chest, you inhaled a bit, the perfume smell is so familiar. It’s chanyeol, you can tell. You replied his embrace with your arms now covered his back. Chanyeol moved his hands upwards downwards on your back at first then he tighten his hug.

“ Is hyunwoo condition worse ? “ he whispered into your ears.

“ I don’t know… “ your words barely heard because you spoke it on his chest.

“ it’s okay, he’ll be okay… “

You nodded.

[]

The surgery went well. Hyunwoo is resting in the vip room thanks to chanyeol. He settled all the things he could for hyunwoo. Your mom knows chanyeol since you ever introduced him as your boyfriend to your family then begged them not to brag about it. Since chanyeol’s family popularity isn’t joke. Your family has discussed it back then and they agreed not to say anything about your boyfriend when anyone asked about it. There you sat on the hospital café with chanyeol. Both of you missed your lunch and wrapped it all in the dinner time. Chanyeol sat in front of you. You both choose ramyeon as dinner food. You almost ate half of it when chanyeol still didn’t move his eyes from you. He loves seeing you eating.

“ Eat slowly .. “

You lift your head so you can see chanyeol’s bright smile in front of you. You moved your sight from his face to his ramyeon only to find it still full. You felt your cheeks turned pink realizing that you are too focused at your ramyeon.

way yo dint it yors?* “ you asked with your mouth full.

*why you didnt eat yours

“ I almost eat it “ he suddenly grabbed his chopsticks and stir the broth but then stopped it, fixing his eyes on you, again. His smiling curved lips never left his face. You finished slurping the broth then let out a sign of full sigh.

“ Thank you for the dinner “ you said then you drink the water in front of you. Chanyeol hasn’t took any bites of his ramyeon cup. You looked at him, confused, since he didn’t leave his eyes on you. Well, you can feel it that you were being observed all the time by his eyes but you didn’t want to budge it.

“ are you full yeol ? “ you asked as you leaned your back to the chair.

He only smiled at you as response then started to take his ramyeon to his mouth. He ate his ramyeon like a prince so elegant. You never see this side of him before. He looks like those rich guys since he put such a formal attire. There you started to wonder why he wore that kinda unusual thing.

“ were you planning to go somewhere before yeol ? “ you asked, raised your left eyebrow.

He nodded. Then you remembered that he is going to have an arranged marriage. Could it be…

“ could it be… meeting with the other family ?? “ you asked feeling bad if it really is that way. He simply nodded.

“ woahh.. I ruined the meeting then ?? “ you raised your tone.

“ can you lower your voice ? “ he scratch his ear.

You rubbed your nape then move closer to the table, resting both of your arms on it. Your eyes tried to catch Chanyeol’s eyes which start busying with his ramyeon. He knows you followed his eyes to catch it and ask further. He gave up. He put his chopsticks drawn in the broth of his ramyeon cup then took the water.

“ what happened with you yesterday ? “ he asked. His eyes straight pierced you right in your eyes. You can tell that he wanted the answer and he wont let you slip the question.

“ I was okay .. “ well you had a bad day but everything turned out awesome because chanyeol’s past advices. Chanyeol rolled his eyes then leaned his back to the chair then stood straight again.

“ if you are okay, you wouldn’t thank me in the morning for all the advices I ever told you to do when you are down “

He indeed right. Your eyes wondering around, it is no use to reject the fact tho so you let an awkward smile hang on your face.

“ well.. kinda.. “

He deep sighed in frustration. “ it’s all because xiumin hyung is going to propose to Hye Min right ? “ he talked almost like whisper yet so frustrated as well. In fact, he hates to mention Hye Min and Xiumin’s name in front of you. He didn’t want to see you unpleased, annoyed, hurt. He wants to see you happy, lively like how you ate your ramyeon few minutes ago.

You gulped. Chanyeol words strucked your mind. You thought you already put xiumin case over but there’s a needle placed in your heart once you heard xiumin and hye min. You choose to keep your lips pressed. Not letting a single word slips outta it. Chanyeol observed your expression. He knew that he changed your mood. He put a long sigh then stood from his seat, took you by your hand. You were so absent minded by his act. You had no idea what’s on his mind now. He keeps holding your hand tight, interwining the fingers then put you as close as possible to him, like glued to his arms.

You believed he will take you to where your mom and hyunwoo are so you followed him and let him going all the way with you in that condition. As you walked, you looked at chanyeol’s expression. He looks so serious yet so soft, since it’s his natural expression. He was naturally born with that cute and innocent aura with him. You felt safe with him, Chanyeol is dangerously too comfortable to be with. You realized how Chanyeol always be the one who colored your life all these 5 years.

“ marry me… “ he managed to say the words he have been holding all the times. He finally let the words out after your thumb playfully brushed his back hand. He slightly looked at your expression which started to comfortable beside him.

You stopped then looked at his face, he looked at you, straight once you both stopping the steps. You scanned his face, tried to find out whether he is joking or not. Your eyes rounding his whole face, running to his eyes even tried to find any signals of joking from his lips but you found nothing. He is being sincere. You looked through his eyes.  His hand still holding yours.

“would you marry me, Lee Jin Hee .. ?  “  now he is being serious. His eyes, eyebrows, his whole expression. 

 

 

[131015 19thchap 03.25pm KST]

mkay, i'd be glad if you can put some comments below, readers :)