[13]

My Soulmate

 

“ sing a song for me with your guitar, chanyeol.. “

You spoke while lying your body on his bed. You are totally exhausted after helping him packaged his things.

“ aah.. I am tired.. “ he is ready to place his body beside you when suddenly you scratched your body to fill his bed.

“ yaa… “ he softly pushed you back to your place, to free places for himself. You keep on struggling on your position.

“ cmon, it is the last time for me to do this kinda request .. “ you buried your face on his bed. You cant feel his hands pushing you anymore that you started to turn your face, looking at what he’s doing now. He lost, doing your request. Actually his heart kinda aching while hearing ‘last time’ slip outta your lips. Once he brought his guitar, he took some spaces beside you. He sat on the edge of the bed while you are still lying, facing him. You smiled as he is coming closer and preparing himself.

“ any songs you wanted to hear this night ? “ he is wide smiling still in his white t-shirt. His fingers are playfully running around some strings, creating some melodies.

“ any song is okay for me “ you smiled at him when he asked you seriously behind his glasses.

“ okay then.. “ his serious face turned soften because of his sudden smile. He started to play his guitar. Nothing on you. Unbelievably sang from his lips. He caught the melody. He is a genius. You are too tired and just cant help but slowly drowsing to the dreamland of yours.

Chanyeol knows that he is playing the guitar for you to drive you faster to your dreamland. Whenever he asked you whether he played bad or no, he will always got a ‘no’ from you then he’ll ask in return why you fast asleep if he is playing good and your answer will always be just the same ‘I m too tired’. He always rolled his eyes since he didn’t witness how you passed a day. Eventho in the end he will understand since you got your deep sleep. Now that you finished helping him packaged his thing, he found out that you must be really tired, that you aren’t lying about your words of he is playing the guitar well all the time. It’s not like he doesn’t confident with his skill it’s just he wanted to be recognized by you based on your honest thought. He stopped playing his guitar and singing the song once he realized that you are in your deep sleep. He put his guitar on his night drawer then got his body closer to you, smiling. He bent beside the bed then let his palm reaching your face. He wanted to tell you all the cheesy three words but he is too afraid that you might be still not fully sleeping like what mostly happened in the drama. He is too busy to notice that a smile already plastered on his face.

“ who ? “

“ someone I know.. “

Chanyeol moved away from his seat then walked straight to his room. You followed him behind.

“ who ? “

You asked once again.

“ If mom told me she’s someone I know then there will be 3 … “ he counted once again by folding each of his fingers while thinking about who might be the candidates if his mom told him the girl is someone he knew ..” ah no 5. There are 5 candidates “

He continued packing his things. You looked at him still amused at how he is going to get married by an arranging marriage. You thought that chanyeol will marry the girl that he choose himself but surprisingly it’ll be based on his family decision. You keep on regretting deep inside your heart that after all 5 years you still have no idea about the real chanyeol is. His way of thinking, especially. You looked at how he still busy packing things to some boxes. You stood up and tried to remove the invisible dust on your shorts.

“ ja ! I’ll help you to pack your things “ you started moved closer to him.

“ ah no.. just sat there.. “ he pushed you softly aside.

“ should I put it here ? “ you took some of his books that he gave in then nodding. All he can do just smiling while looking at your act. He knows exactly once you determined a thing, you will keep doing it. He wishes to do the same. He determined himself not to be with you, so he will try to keep it up. Deep inside his heart, he kept on wishing that this could be the best decision he ever made. He wished that he wont regret this if he had to look back to it after a few years he made it. He keeps stealing glance at you. He felt aching on his heart whenever you smiled at him. He likes you, he knows it. Much. No. He loves you.

 

 

 

You opened your eyes and saw chanyeol is sleeping while facing you. You couldn’t forget how nice he treated you for 5 years. He will always be there when you need him, comforting you, cheering for you. You couldn’t forget at how he always trying his best to get you closer to xiumin. All of the good memories with him are rushing to your mind that you started to placed your palm on his cheek, it softly and muttered a ‘ thank you ‘ while smiling widely to him. You closed your eyes, recalling how things become like this 5 years ago.

At first you are nothing to him. He just heard that you were xiumin best friend. One day at a school party people are cornered you to call which guy that you have crushed at since you were a 1st mid grade. You kind of flustered knowing how others had idea about your crush in your middle school. They even knew that your crush attended the same school again with you in this senior high also a member of one awesome group, EXO. Xiumin. You really want to spill out his name when suddenly you remembered that Xiumin had his own girlfriend. Instead of calling xiumin’s name, you choose to spill Park Chanyeol ‘s name.

Chanyeol is a bit shocked when his name is being called. Like a motor without any brakes , you suddenly added “ actually we have been dating .. ? “ but your expression didn’t fit and looked a bit hesitant that chanyeol walked closer to you, poked your elbow with his.

“ ya.. why did you tell them now ? “ he smiled to everyone. “ I am thinking about telling you guys next grade lols “ he chuckled. Since that time, he always beside you until the party end.

You almost lose all of your strength. Confession which you just made in front of all your friends made you lose your sanity. Big thanks to chanyeol who is good at cooperating and made everything easier for you. He just thanked you for suddenly pointed him as your boyfriend so his all crazy fan girl will think twice to get closer to him. He just said that he wont make this relationship hard on you and he said that he will try his best to help you getting closer to the one you really love, xiumin.

“ why did you call my name? I thought you hate me .. “ he chuckled.

You are the only person who always have no interest when people around you started to praise him. He couldnt help but notice it since he stucked in the same class with you.

“ no, I don’t hate you.. well, I heard that you are a nice guy. A nice guy who will just throw away of thinking straight to do good things “ you took a peek at his face, trying to catch his expression after you said the reason why. Well, that’s the truth tho. You remembered how one of your friends ever told you a story about him. He played around with his friend who then stealing thing at store while they were playing together and that friend pointed chanyeol as someone who asked him to do things when he actually didn’t. He was flustered as well that time but he decided to cover it up by saying that he was the brain of the stealing case. Things got cleared up next time. Chanyeol still hanging out with that friend of him and that case never happened anymore. Well, you don’t really hear the part of how could they make up at the end but one thing for sure, he is a nice guy.

“ hahahaha.. really ? I am ? “ he pointed himself once he heard your compliment. He cant believe that the girl who he thought that she’s hating him, actually believe that he is a nice guy.

“ well, I am. Indeed “ finally he was showing his over confident part, he smiled which cause you to smile as well. At first, being together only the two of you like this was really awkward until the moment he directly sent the smile for you just now.

“ the guy is xiumin right ? “

He asked. You widened your eyes before coughing because you are choking by some of waters. He smiled as he thought that he guessed it right.

“ do you want to continue this ? I need you to stay by my side tho since there were some crazy fan girls sometimes attack me on the street. I can get some advantages from this relationship .. “ he smiled. Once he mentioned some crazy fan girls your body got a light shiver. That means you may got some disadvantages from this crazy idea. You almost answer him and stopped by looking at his already laughing face. He could feel your light shiver that’s why he is laughing.

“ I will definitely always save you like your boyfriend, so don’t be afraid ! “ he lightly tapped your back. You hesitantly smiling.

“ and I swear I wont make this hard on you ! I will even help you to get closer to xiumin, how ? “ he got your fullest attention by placing both of his hands on your shoulder, preventing you from a sudden running away from him. His eyes convinced you that he will definitely keep his words. His big eyes telling you to leave it up to him and believe him. He loosen his grip on your shoulder once he got a slight thought in his mind.

“ why suddenly it sounds like I am the one who desperately need your help ? “ he rubbed his nape. You smiled as you heard he said those words. To think about it, now the situation is pretty changing. He looked at you shyly.

“ well, those crazy fan girls sometimes disturb my privacy so … yeah.. “ he smiled awkwardly.  You nodded. He is pretty shocked with your nod. His widened eyes almost let his eyeballs popped outta its original places.

“ the one who need help is me.. “ you smiled assuring him that you agree to be involved in this- full- of- advantages- fake relationship. The fact is you don’t need to think twice after the offer he gave to you. Getting closer to xiumin. Those words kept on echoing in your mind right after chanyeol let it slip outta his lips.

He quickly took you to his tight hug for around three seconds then let it out, looking at your eyes. Hesitating a bit then asked, “ so.. what’s your name again ? “ 

 

 

 

 

[130926 13thchap 02.20 am KST]