[14]

My Soulmate

 

Chanyeol walked to the living room to be greeted by some great smells on the table. He rubbed his eyes and slowly taking some fried potatoes from the plate and munching some. He sat on the sofa and searched for your figure. He found you in the kitchen still doing some stuffs. He took another fried potatoes and rubbed his eyes again. He stood up when he heard the bell rang. He opened the door then find some people who usually help another people to move out were there.

“ is this Park Chan Yeol place ? “ the man in the cap asked, Chanyeol nodded.

He knows how horrible he looks now but he doesn’t care.

“we are here to pick some boxes.. “

He nodded then let the two people entered his door. He came to you. “ did you call em ? “ he asked behind you.

“ ah chanyeol you are up ? “ you really are surprised by his sudden appearance. You bought another plate of chicken stir to the table. “ ah, “ you bowed once you realized that the two persons who already greeted by chanyeol took the boxes out.

“ they came already ? “ you asked to chanyeol with a total clueless face.

“ so you did call em.. “ he passed you to meet them again and finished things then closed the door.

You smiled awkwardly, afraid that you did wrong in his last day staying here, with you.

“ so .. I .. just.. “ you paused in each of your words.

“ thank you “ he is smiling. His smile suddenly stop you from explaining things. You replied his smile with the brighter smile you could give.

“ ja ! “ you clapped your hand and walked to him then forced him to sit.

“ enjoy the breakfast “ you smiled.

“ why did you suddenly make a breakfast for me ? “ he asked while receiving a plate full of food from you.

“ well, I think I need to .. “ you started to send a spoon food to your mouth.

“ after all the years you realized to do it now.. “ he slipped a comment, teased you.

“ ya! Stop teasing you .. “ you nudged you arms to his.

He chuckled enjoying the breakfast. He enjoyed it and asking for more everytime he finished a plate.

“ are you really hungry ?? “ you eyed him when you took his 5th plate then took the empty bowls and plates to clean the dishes.

He nodded endlessly while seriously munching. He is sad. Much. Much more than you ever think. He surprised when the two people came in front of the door. He knows he helped you to move out but he felt like you were sending him to move as fast as possible. He is sad. He felt touch when you cook for him then he wondered if you could cook for him for the rest of his life. He can feel that you are saying goodbye through the food you made. He knows he is being all melancholy boy now, it’s not the him he knew. He ate all his sadness along with your foods. He ate all to swallow his own tears. He swallowed his memories with them as well. He wanted you to be happy at least this morning by eating all the foods prepared with nothing left aside and he got you. Eventho you by asking whether he was really hungry, you smiled a lot when you took the empty bowls and plates to clean. You were happy that he ate all the foods you made.

“ you got no class to attend today ? “ he shouted from inside his room when you are still playing with your phone.

“ I got one tho.. “ you answered him as loud as his voice from his room. He fix his jacket in front of his mirror then rushed to the living room, checking his bag.

“ then why don’t you go ? “ he asked, opened his bag to check whether there are things left here or not. He can take it again tho but he wanted to prevent himself for having any reasons to come to this place again.

“ I will wait till you leave.. “ you turned off your game then walked to his side “ anything missing ? “ you asked, he shook his head then took his bag to his shoulder. Today is his day off. No class to attend so he choose to move out today. You fix the folded part of his jacket when he moved the bag to his shoulder. He walked to the door and you still follow him behind. He is wearing his shoes now then stood up meeting you who followed him all the time. The goodbye is really near is what keeps on shaking his heart from this morning till now. He smiled. You answered him with the same thing.

“ so I m going “

“ we can meet again right even if it’s not in this place ? “ you asked, assuring. It really is a loss to you if you cant see him again in the future. He nodded.

“ it will be really weird if I keep coming here but you aren’t here.. “ you smiled, hesitantly. The truth is you are saying the truth. Since this place is made for you and chanyeol so when you keep coming here without chanyeol, this place will just incredibly quiet like what happened few days ago.

He chuckled.

“ but I can bet that you will keep coming here even if I m not here “ he smiled assuringly.

“ because this is the only place where you can only feel peace.. “ he convinced you.

“ how come ? “

“ I left a spell like that “ he shrugged ready to leave when you surprisingly balled his hands with yours.

“ thank you.. “ you smiled while strangely your heart felt broken. It seems like he wont see you again, like both of you will back when you both were strangers to each other.

He looked blankly at you then leaned closer. You are surprised by his sudden act but you closed your eyes as you know that he is going to kiss you. He tenderly placed his lips on yours, keep nibbling your upper and lower lips in turn. He released his hands from you to press you closer to him. He deepened the kiss while he held his tears all the time. Slowly he broke the kiss. As he broke it, he loosen his touched in you. Awkwardly met your eyes then ruffled your hair..

“ see you again “ he said then left.

 

 

 

[131002 14thchap 03.31 pm KST]