[12]

My Soulmate

 

You woke up when you felt the warmth greet your skin. The sun already set high and can be clearly seen from the big window in front of you. You are on chanyeol’s bed. You rubbed your eyes and tried to recall what happened last night. TV noises from the living room made you quickly running down to the floor. You stopped once you saw someone sat comfortably on the sofa while munching the cake and watching TV. He recognized your existence then put a perfect smile on his face.

“ you are wake up “ he hurriedly gulping the piece of cake thru his throat. You walked, passed him, directed to his refrigerator to get some drinks.

He kept his eyes on you since you didn’t react to his words. He knows you are angry, he has the urge to explain all the reason why you didn’t allow you to come to last night party but he wanted to play it cool. And yes you are angry disappointed because he forbid you to come to his party last night. You still cant get the reason why he didn’t allow you to join last night when he usually asked you to come along all the 4 years before. Even when you worried that you will be the only girl who attended, he will just say that everything will be under control since he is your boyfriend. It is clear that yesterday, he forbid you to come along.  You need a reason why.  The reason which came to your mind as positive thinking why chanyeol didn’t bring you along isn’t enough if it didn’t come from chanyeol’s lip.

“ how was last night ? have a great time? “ you asked coldly, drinking the water from your glass while choosing to sit on the chair in front of him. The table is separating you both. His smiles never left his face.

“ eum.. yeah “ he hummed, took another piece of cake to his mouth.

“ eventho something is missing without you “ now he look straight to you, you rolled your eyes.

“ then why did you forbid me to come along yesterday ? “ you leaned your back on the chair, leaving a small sigh.

“ so that you can make this .. ? “ he pointed to the cake made by you on the table. “ you really can make a delicious cake “ he tried to capture your heart so at least you want to speak more to him.

“ it was your mistake last year.. you keep getting on my way that it looks like you did all the things yourself “ you answered him lazily. You aren’t interested in talking about thing beside the ‘real’ reason why he didn’t allow you to come along yesterday. You know many things troubled his mind, but asking him to dig more is like passing the boundary strictly built by both of you. It seems like all the things are clear from the start that you don’t have the right to dig his problem too deep, just like him to you. All the unspoken agreement between you is you just need to comfort him whenever he feels down and he need to do the same. So even if you deadly curious about what’s happening to him, you just keep it safely sounds in your mind which makes you even frustrated, sometimes. But yeah, you respect his privacy just how he did to you.

Suddenly the place becomes so quiet. Only TV sounds become the main king of noises in the living room. Chanyeol always stole time to look at you even for a glance when you still enjoy leaning your back on the chair and focused on the TV to stop yourself for asking more and being selfish toward chanyeol.

“ Lee Jin Hee.. “ he called your name, you only hummed as an answer.

“ why do you sit there ? come to papa.. “ he jokingly requested while tapping a right next to him. You rolled your eyes that he chuckled to his own lame and silly joke. He stood up and walked to you. You prepared yourself by holding tightly to the arm rest of the chair. Whenever you refused to sit beside him, he will just naturally take you out from where you sit and forcefully take you with him.

“ what will you do Park Chan Yeol ?? stop thinking about lifting me up ! “ you focused your eyes on the smirking chanyeol who cant hide his excitement. It will be his first skinship with you after few days. He wants to touch you badly.

“ YAAA LEMME DOWN YOU GIGANTIC FREAAAAAAKK !! “ you keep on slapping his back. Once he reached the sofa he used to sit few minutes ago, he placed you on his lap. Holding you on your waist tightly so that you cant easily go from him while you are still growling, tried to free yourself.

“ I wanna tell you something, please calm for awhile.. “ he whispered on your ears.

Finally, you will listen to his stories. You have been waiting for it like a hundred days ago. You calm down, slowly turn your face to see his face.

“ really ? “ you asked, assuring.

He nodded, smiling with the best smile he could give to you.

“ okay then.. “ once you agreed to calm, he lessen his grip on you that you started to lower your body, to lay your head on his lap.

He looks down to you who focused your attention to your TV, you look so comfortable on his lap. You played your hands with the TV remote while he keeps on hesitating where he should start the story. His fingers manage to run through your hair then it softly. He loves your soft hair, your shampoo perfume. Time really stopped for him. He wants to stay like this with you forever.

“ so.. what are you trying to tell me ? “ you asked as you looked up to see him under his face.

His eyes wandered any where around the living room while he keeps on humming. You felt like he just made up thing so you can stay there close to him. Finally chanyeol’s eyes landed on your already pouted face. He chuckled.

“ you are not thinking about I made up things so you can stay close to me right ? “ his eyes wandered again while his fingers still walking freely around your hair strands. He peek your face under him then smiled warm heartedly.

“ I am going to get married, Jin Hee “ he still tried his best to smile.

You laughed teasingly. No. It’s not because you think he couldn’t get married but more of who will be the bride ? you never see him too close to any other girls than you.

“ why are you laughing ? “ he really didn’t wish that you will react like laughing or smiling nicely then say ‘happy for you’ . He was expecting that you will be crying for him. He was expecting you to say ‘don’t go’, he planned that he would propose you if you did it that way. But. Your reaction is beyond his expectation. You stopped laughing then sat down, facing him. Your hand stayed on his lap then playfully asked “ with whom ? “ still with your eye smiling. He naturally let some strands of your hair which messed around your face off then palmed your cheek, caressed it softly with his thumb.

“ someone I know “ 

 

 

 

 

[130920 12thchap 00.58 am KST] Happy Chen Chen Day