Yoona

Heliotrope

Yoona stopped, eyes seeing the clearing ahead and spotting the two wolves sitting in it, one of them letting out a really loud howl. She nudged Xiao, urging him to go forward and to show himself to the wolves.

"Go, you're safe now" Xiao looked up at the wolf, "I have to leave, I need to find her" Xiao stared at the wolf confused, he didn't know who she was talking about but he moved away from her like she said anyway, climbing out into the clearing and running over to the two wolves.

"Xiao!" Baekhyun caught a glimps of the black pup out of the corner of his eye, them turning bright when he realised that the pup was okay.

"Xiao, where's mummy and daddy?" Xiao looked back into the direction he just came from, a pair of eyes watching them, "She brought me back, she said daddy's hurt" Baekhyun's eyes widened and Chanyeol left his side, walking over to the wolf hidden within the trees at the edge of the clearing.

"Where is alpha female?!" Yoona couldn't hold eye contact with this wolf, opting to look at her surrounding instead as she spoke, "Tending to his mate, he was in a fight and I suspect he's very badly injured"

"And who are you?!"

"No one important, but I mean no harm, I was just stuck in the crossfire" Yoona's eyes met with Chanyeol's for a few seconds before she stood up, looking away, "I must go, I need to find someone very important to me" Chanyeol watched the wolf jog away, disappearing into the forest.

Chanyeol stared at the spot she was just in, thinking about what she had said. Alpha was apparently hurt but how were they going to find him, find both of them? Chanyeol didn't know but the howl sounding through the air gave him a good starting point.

"Baekhyun, I'm taking Kai and Lay with me, howl for me regularly please" Chanyeol went straight past the purple wolf and straight into the main cave, nudging Kai to wake up.

"Kai, get up" Kai groaned, rolling onto his other side and away from the loud voice, "Kai I said get up!" Chanyeol's voice was harsh, making Kai open his eyes and stand up, yawning a little.

"What?" Chanyeol didn't reply, he went over to the two sleeping together in each others embrace, tongue coming out and at one of their faces.

"Eww, what the...?" Lay looked up and saw Chanyeol hovering over him, "Get up, it's an emergency" Lay shifted himself, being careful not to wake Suho up and turned into his wolf form.

"Listen, alpha is hurt okay, we need to find him and alpha female and bring them back" Both wolves eyes widened as they were told this information. Chanyeol walked out of the cave, Kai and Lay now fully awake and walking on either side of him.

"Baekhyun, put Xiao in the alphas cave" Baekhyun nodded, getting up and going over to the rocks with Xiao following him. Another howl sounded through the area, not that much closer than the previous one and a second one being heard right after, voice sounding strained.

"At least we know he's alive, he's with alpha female" Chanyeol ran into the trees, following the howls he just heard, stopping after a few minutes and letting out one of his own.

"I wonder how bad it is" 

"I don't know but we better hurry"

...................................................................................

"Kris, you're gonna have to try and walk with me, I'll lead you okay?" Kris hummed, walking forward a bit and Tao sliding up against his side.
 
"I won't go too fast, tell me if you want to stop" They walked back through the forest, stopping when Kris sat down, "Give me a second, baby wolf" Kris sat and caught his breath, Tao deciding that this would be a good time to let out a howl and let the others know where they were.
 
"Baby wolf" They were walking again, "Yeah" 
 
"I love you, baby wolf" Tao blinked multiple times, feeling the butterfly's in his stomach, "I love you too, alpha" Tao felt Kris nuzzle the side of his head, low whining being heard coming from his throat.
 
"Now, let's get you back to Lay so he can make you all better, he'll make you see again in no time" Kris stopped again, Tao looking back at the blond wolf.
 
"Tao, I don't think this is reversible, it's most likely permanent and Lay wont be able to fix it" Tao looked at the alpha, he knew this but that didn't mean he wanted to believe it, he wanted to ignore it hoping that it would go away and everything would go back to normal.
 
"I know" 
 
They were taking another break when the three wolves found them, puffing and out of breath. Tao could see the shocked looks on their faces, Kris' head lowered slightly and eyes still shut tight. 
 
"Are you three just gonna sit there and stare or?" Tao got sick of the wide eyes and shocked looks, yes Kris looked terrible but still, it's rude to stare.
 
"Sorry! Let's go back and I can look over both of you properly" Lay lowered his head a little, turning around and making his way back from where they came, "Why can't you two be like Lay? Stop staring already" Tao growled a little, lifting himself off the ground.
 
"Ah, alpha female, we didn't mean to, we just didn't expect this, sorry" Chanyeol took one last glance at the alpha before turning around and following Lay, Kai doing the same.
 
"Kris" Tao's tone of voice changed, "Stand up, we're nearly there" Kris wasn't that good at walking, he was cut up and on top of that he couldn't see where he was going.
 
"And when you're all checked over, the pups can go in the main cave and we can have some private time to ourselves, okay?" Tao felt the alpha use his body as a support to keep himself from falling over.
 
"Sounds good, baby wolf" 
 
It took a while for them to reach the clearing, Baekhyun's howls helping to guide them back home, the purple wolf sitting in the clearing and a wide smile showing on his jaws when he saw them return.
 
"Is everything okay?" Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol as the chocolate wolf went up to him and attacked his muzzle with wet tongue kisses, "Baekhyun, go inside the cave okay? Don't worry and don't let any of the pups come out" Baekhyun tilted his head in confusion.
 
"Why?" Chanyeol looked over his shoulder, Baekhyun following the direction he was looking in and his eyes landing on the alpha. Baekhyun's jaws fell open as his eyes went over the large wolf, finally landing on his badly scratched up face, dried blood everywhere.
 
"Chanyeol...is it as bad as it looks?" Baekhyun his nose, waiting for his reply, "I think so, from the way the two of them were walking back it seems like alpha has vision problems" Baekhyun nodded, standing up.
 
"I'll move their pups into the main cave, let them have some privacy, Kyungsoo's up there as well" Baekhyun jogged up to the rocks outside the alphas cave, climbing up them and disappearing into the cave. Baekhyun appeared a few minutes later, Kyungsoo following along with the three pups.
 
Once at the bottom, Xiao broke free from the group, running over to the two alphas, Lay and Chanyeol. Baekhyun quickly turned back into his human self, running after him and scooping him up from the ground. 
 
"Put me down! I wanna see mummy and daddy!" Xiao wiggled in Baekhyun's hold making it difficult for him to keep a good grip on him, "You can see them later, right now you have to go in the main cave with the others" Xiao whined, a shocked yelp leaving the purple haired males lips when he was nipped on the hand, the black pup being dropped as a result.
 
"Xiao" Said pup stopped in his tracks, Tao staring at him with wet yet strong eyes, "Go with Baekhyun and stay in the main cave, now" Xiao whined at this.
 
"But-"
 
"No buts" Tao's voice was firm, he had to look strong in front of his pup, "I'm not going to ask again, Xiao" Xiao turned around and walked back towards the cave slowly, ears back and tail hanging low. Tao sighed, he didn't want to be mean but he also couldn't let Xiao see alpha like this.
 
He was protecting Xiao from seeing something no one should see, something that no wolf should see so early on in life.
 
And that was one of their parents so badly injured.
 
...................................................................................
 
Yoona had to admit that she had no idea where she was going, she didn't even know which direction to go, she didn't know where to start with her search. She let out a frustrated howl which turned into a growl at the end.
 
"Maybe I should go back and ask for their help" Yoona hesitated as she though of all the things she could do at this point in time to find the wolf she was looking for. 
 
She came to the conclusion that she had no other choice but to go back and ask for Heliotropes help, otherwise she's going to get lost in some other packs territory like she did before.
 
She turned around and retraced her steps back to where she dropped the pup off, wondering if they would welcome her. She hadn't gone far from the clearing and she was still in their territory and no one had come after her so she guessed they didn't find her a threat. That or they just couldn't be bothered with her.
 
Yoona hid behind a tree as she looked into the clearing, no one outside. She tilted her head to the side, breathing in deep and trying to gain as much courage as possible before calling out and showing herself.
 
"Hello? Alpha female?" Yoona didn't get any reply so she tried again, this time louder, "Alpha female! It's Yoona! I need to talk to you!" 
 
Yoona looked up when a movement caught her eye, landing on the black wolf she had met earlier on in the day, "Alpha female, please I need your help" Tao stared down at the wolf before looking back at Kris sitting inside the cave, telling him that he'll be right back and then climbing down the rocks.
 
"What did you need my help with?" 
 
"I need to go back to her, but I don't know where she is, I don't know where to start looking for her!" Yoona sat down, the black wolf in front of her doing the same.
 
"Is everything okay out here?" Tao turned to look at the wolf who had spoken, "Everything's fine, leave us be" Chanyeol took one last look at the alpha female with the unknown wolf he remembered from earlier and went back into the main cave.
 
"Who are you looking for?" Tao was tired, he didn't want to deal with anything else for the day and in all honesty he just wanted to curl up with Kris in his arms.
 
"She's my best friend, I was separated from her a few years ago when out hunting, I really need to see that she's okay" Tao could hear the pleading in her voice, eyes begging for him to help her out.
 
"Not today, I'm not doing anything today" Yoona stared at the alpha female, "But I promise that I'll get a pack member or two to help you with the locating and searching" Tao stood up and trudged back over to the rocks leading up to his and alphas cave.
 
"Thank you so much alpha female! I really appreciate it!" Tao turned to look back at the light brown wolf, "Well you did bring Xiao back to safety so I guess we're even" Tao climbed back up the rocks, having one last look at Yoona.
 
"Yoona, I'll let you stay here till you find the one you're looking for, if the members give you any trouble tell them to come speak to me about it, but I'd rather not be disturbed at all if it can be helped" Yoona nodded, watching as the black wolf vanished inside the high cave.
 
"I guess I'll just stay out here then" Yoona layed down on the grass, eyes closing and taking a much needed rest.
 
...................................................................................
 
"Kris, you're so calm" The pair were sitting on the fur pelts in their cave, Lay having sorted out Kris' wounds to the best of his ability, "Do you want to talk about anything?" Lay had given Tao some medicine, some leaves and had told him how to apply them to Kris' wounds.
 
"Baby wolf, I may look calm but don't think I'm not actually freaking out inside" Tao sighed, hand sliding down the alphas arm, "Kris, everything will be fine okay? Just tell me everything that you can't tell anyone else, I'll support you" Tao wrapped his arms around Kris' shoulders, hugging him.
 
"Baby wolf, there is something I wanna get off my chest" Tao hummed, leaning back and placing a kiss on the alphas cheek, "You can tell me, confide in me" Tao felt arms around his waist, holding on tight. The two of them moved backwards to lay on the pelts, Tao's forehead pressed lightly against Kris' cheek.
 
"I think I should step down" Tao raised an eyebrow, "Step down?" Kris hummed, shifting himself so that his head was under Tao's chin.
 
"My times up baby wolf, I can't protect Heliotrope anymore" The arms around Tao tightened, blond hair tickling at his chin and neck, "Chanyeol will make a better alpha them me"
 
"Kris, is this really how you feel?"
 
"Yeah, like this I can't win against him if he decides to challenge me for the tittle of alpha" Tao cradled Kris' head to his chest, hand flattening down dirty locks splattered with dried blood.
 
"This may be asking too much but when I do step down, step down with me baby wolf" Kris sniffled, Tao clutching his head closer to himself at the sound, "Of course Kris, I'll step down with you"
 
"But can you picture Baekhyun as alpha female?" 
 
"Not really but hopefully he'll prove himself, what will we be then?" 
 
"I don't know, Chanyeol could kick me out if he wanted to, I'm of no use blind. It would be in Heliotropes best interests anyway if I left" Tao frowned at the words, teeth biting at his bottom lip, "I'll go with you, don't worry, I'll always be with you"
 
"Tao, you have higher priorities than me, don't forget the pups" 
 
"I can't raise the pups without you"
 
It went silent, Tao hearing the sniffling increase, his own adding to it, "Kris, I don't think Chanyeol will kick you out" Tao heard Kris sigh, "He wouldn't dare, I won't let him okay, you'll be fine, trust me" Tao's words were to reassure Kris but they ended up reassuring himself as well.
 
"I'll be your eyes Kris, put all your trust in me and I promise I won't let you down"
 
...................................................................................
 
"There's that wolf again out there, it's talking to alpha female" Chanyeol sat down in front of Baekhyun inside the cave, "It's a female" Baekhyun really couldn't care less if it was a girl, but he was interested as to why Tao was talking with an unknown wolf in the first place.
 
"She's still here" Chanyeol had gotten up and poked his head out of the cave, "She's laying down in the clearing, I think she's staying" Baekhyun hummed, standing up.
 
"I think it's time we got up, can't sleep anymore" Baekhyun stretched out his front legs, "I'm guessing your hunting trip was a failure" 
 
"Yeah, It was"
 
"I'm starving"
 
"Me too"
 
Chanyeol turned to look at Baekhyun, the purple wolf just standing there and looking back at him, "Want to accompany me on a hunting trip?" Chanyeol knew there was no point in asking this, Baekhyun would turn the invitation down straight away.
 
"Okay" Chanyeol's eyes widened, "Let's to before I change my mind" Baekhyun left the cave and stepped out into the clearing, the wolf Chanyeol was talking about lifting her head and looking at him.
 
"If anyone asks where we went, tell them we're out hunting" Yoona nodded at the deep voice, eyes going to the larger of the two, "What's your name?"
 
"Yoona. Alpha female said it was okay for me to stay here" Yoona lowered her head onto her outstretched front legs, "I'm sorry if I'm being a burden but I really need help with finding my friend. I promise to leave once I locate her!" Baekhyun nodded quickly before turning to look at Chanyeol.
 
"Okay. Chanyeol, teach me how to hunt" Baekhyun backed away from the chocolate wolf, in the air and wiggling, "Do you catch prey like this!" Baekhyun launched himself off the grass and onto Chanyeol, jaws lightly going around his neck.
 
The two of them tumbled on the grass, growling and nipping, they were play fighting. Yoona watched the scene intently, eyes following every movement.
 
"No, like this!" Baekhyun yelped when he was pushed onto his back, jaws at his neck and pinning him to the floor, "But tighter of course" Chanyeol let Baekhyun go and he stood back up from the ground, the smaller running off into the forest. 
 
Chanyeol followed almost immediately.
 
Yoona just stared before resting again.
 
...................................................................................
 
Yonna was awoken by a wet tongue her nose and smelly breath landing on her face in the form of quick puffs. She opened her eyes and looked up, seeing a wolf she hadn't seen before staring down at her.
 
"I was told to come play with you!" Sehun sniffed Yoona, growling and playfully nipping at her neck, "Kai told me to" Sehun moved back, tail moving slightly behind himself and bright eye urging her to get up and play with him.
 
"You only have one eye" Yoona took note of the scars over this wolf's left eye, healed but the damage was done, it was irreversible, "Do you not have vision in that eye?"
 
"No, but that's okay because Luhan still loves me and I can still protect him and Liu" Sehun nodded his head, "I've gotten used to it" Yoona sat on the grass. Staring at the white wolf as she thought.
 
"I'm looking for a friend, my best friend..." Sehun nodded, sitting down as well, "Well, when I hurt myself she fixed me" Sehun tilted his head to the side.
 
"Lay fixes us when we get hurt, when we get cut up and scratched"
 
"No, I meant like broken bones, I broke my leg" Sehun's eye widened at the information, "She does magic, if you help me find her she will give you something in return because you brought me back to her"
 
"Something as a thanks?"
 
"Yeah, she can probably fix your eye for you" 
 
"Really?!" Yoona nodded, "If she can fix a broken leg with magic I'm sure she can make you see again" Sehun sprang up form the grass, tongue once again attacking the new wolf's face with wet slobbery kisses.
 
"Sehun, I said play with that wolf not make out with it" Sehun retreated his tongue and looked over his shoulder to see Kai walking up to them, "Don't get too friendly, she's still an outsider"
 
"But she said her friend can fix my eye! Use magic to make it better again!" Kai sat down and looked at the light brown wolf, "Magic?" She nodded.
 
"Yeah, I know it sounds hard to believe but it's true, she fixed my broken leg with magic so I'm sure it's possible" Yoona wasn't as shy as she was before, alpha female said that if there were any problems all she had to do was tell them to see him and he'd sort it out.
 
Yoona felt confident she had gotten the alpha female to help her out.
 
"The only problem is that I don't know where she is, that wolf that me and alpha female killed took me away from her and wouldn't let me go" Yoona locked eyes with the dark brown wolf, "Alpha female said that a few of the pack would help me search"
 
"Oh! Can I go?!" Sehun turned to Kai, "Please?! I wanna help!" Kai stared at the omega before looking back at the female wolf.
 
"You'll have to ask alpha female but I'll go with you" Kai stood up, "It'll be fine with just us three, I'll go ask alpha female for you Sehun" Kai left the two wolves to their own devices, climbing up the rocks to the alphas cave.
 
Kai looked into the cave, stepping in slowly and calling out softly, "Alpha female?" Kai saw some movement from the corner, dull eyes staring at his own, "What is it?" Tao's voice was quiet, calm and most definitely sad.
 
"That wolf outside, she said something about finding someone and needing help" Kai sat down, only a few feet inside the cave.
 
"Yeah, her names Yoona and she brought Xiao back so it's only fair" Kai could see the two alphas within the cave, Tao sitting up with Kris' head in his lap on a fur pelt, the alpha male asleep, "Kai, if you don't mind, please help her look. I would but I'm not going to" Tao's fingers threaded themselves through dirty blond hair, a sigh leaving his lips.
 
"I can't leave alpha"
 
"I'll go, Sehun wants to go as well, can he?" Kai saw Tao nodd, a quiet 'yeah' leaving his lips, "This will be good for him, I know he's desparate to prove himself" It went silent within the cave.
 
"Alpha female, she said that her friend does magic" Tao hummed, laying back down and moving the blond so that his head was resting on his chest again, arms wrapped around shoulders and holding the taller close.
 
"She said that she fixed her broken leg, with magic" 
 
"Magic...fixing a broken bone with magic, is that even possible?" Tao wondered if what Yoona had said to Kai could be true, he had no way of seeing if it was at the moment but then again, he had no way of saying that it was a lie either.
 
"She saw Sehun's eye" Tao frowned thinking about the omegas wound, how he only cared about what Luhan would think of him and how much this hurt his heart because of how sweet the omega was, "Said that her friend could probably fix it in thanks for bringing her back" 
 
Tao sat back up, arms still wrapped around the alphas shoulders and bringing him up with him.
 
"Fix Sehun's eye...?" Tao stared at the delta with wide eyes, "With magic?"
 
"Yeah, but I don't know, once we find her we'll have to ask" Tao looked down at the male in his arms, silent tears slipping down his cheeks. He sniffled before speaking.
 
"Do you think she can fix alpha?" Tao locked eyes with the sitting wolf inside the cave once again, "Make him see again?" Tao's voice was shaky and Kai didn't want to promise anything that he wasn't one hundred percent sure off. But then again he couldn't stand the way the alpha female looked, like he was about the have some sort of breakdown.
 
Kai sighed, "I hope so"
...................................................................................
 
A long update, I'm enjoying writing this :)
 
I've reached an amount of subscribers that I thought I would never hit so thank you for subscribing! And for supporting this fic, I will continue to add until the end but I don't when this will be cause I don't want it to end :(
 
But it has to at some point so hopefully you'll stick with it till the end. I already know who Yoona's friend is and I had this all planned out, I make people worried for no reason. This is a story with a happy ending as said before! Everything will be good when it's finished!
 
Goodnight
 
PrettyDeadRose11