Changing

Heliotrope

Tao sat in his and Kris' cave, waiting for the blond alpha to come to bed, Mei and Mao sleeping in wolf form in the other corner. He sighed, leaning against the rock wall with a fur pelt covering himself, tired eyed focused on the caves entrance.

Tao pouted as he slid down in his sitting position a bit, slouching against the wall and eyes going to the two almost fully grown pups sharing the cave with him.
 
Although he wasn't alone he felt lonely, all because Kris wasn't there.
 
"Hey" Tao jumped at the sudden voice and even though it was soft, it still scared him in the silence of the night, "Come here" Tao stood up, putting the pelt over his shoulders and holding onto the front of it tightly.
 
"Are you gonna come in and sleep?" Tao spoke when he reached the blond, hand being grabbed ahold off and body being led down the rocks, "Wait, Kris, slow down" He didn't slow down but thankfully Tao was able to go down the rocks without slipping or falling.
 
"Kris, what's going on?" The blond still had ahold of his hand and was pulling him across the clearing, the two of them stepping into the surrounding trees, "Kris? Why aren't you talking to me?" Tao creased his eyebrows, the alphas behaviour was beginning to make him worried.
 
"Everything's fine alpha female" Tao's eyebrows raised at the way he was addressed, Kris usually called him by his name or used the term 'baby wolf' which he didn't mind. But he had just called him alpha female and this made him stop walking and stand still.
 
"Alpha female, you're so stupid" Tao gasped at the words, pulling his hand free from the others grip, "But what you lack in brains you make up for in looks" Tao was thoroughly confused at this point, what was going on?
 
"What do I smell of alpha female" Tao moved back slightly when a hand was placed by his face, the back of the tallers hand underneath his nose, "Do I smell like alpha?" Tao breathed in but didn't smell anything, the male in front of him not having any scent at all.
 
Tao swallowed, thinking about he situation he had found himself in.
 
"Who are you?" Tao decided to play it calm, blinking a few times when the hand landed on his cheek, caressing his skin, "What do you want?" Tao's eyes widened as the male in front of him changed form, blond hair turning white and eyes changing to a dark purple.
 
"What do I want?" The male moved back, hand no longer touching Tao's cheek, "I want what is rightfully mine back" Tao creased his eyebrows, the slightly taller unknown male lifting his hand up into the air. He snapped his fingers and Tao heard a thundering sound, rain starting to pour from the night sky.
 
Tao gasped as he got drenched rather quickly, coughing when the gentle breeze from moments ago turned into a harsh force and rushed around him, making it difficult for him to catch his breath.
 
"I want the pup back"
 
...................................................................................
 
Kris stepped up the rocks leading to his cave, being careful as it was raining quite hard. It was well into the early hours of the morning and he knew that Tao would be even angrier with him for staying out for so long without telling him where he went.
 
"Baby wolf?" Kris entered the cave, Mei and Mao still curled up and asleep, his and Tao's side empty, no sign of the black haired male anywhere. 
 
"Ah, maybe he's in the main cave" Kris went back down the rocks, standing by the entrance of the cave and staring into it. Chanyeol and Lay were asleep by the opening, standing guard. 
 
Baekhyun and Suho were at the back of the cave as expected, pups asleep and the purple wolf's previous two curled up together along with Kyungsoo and Kai's Dasom.
 
Those two were there as well, the two omegas right next to them and their light fur contrasting against the darkness of the delta couples.
 
Everyone was here except for the one he was looking for.
 
Kris growled lowly, turning and quickly exiting the cave. Where the hell was Tao and what the hell was he doing at this sort of time in the morning? Kris knew he wasn't out hunting because he wouldn't have gone alone otherwise it wouldn't turn out to be a very successful hunting trip.
 
Not to mention the sky's had opened up and rain was poring down.
 
"Baby wolf, what do you think you are doing?" Kris mumbled to himself as the rain soaked through his fur pelt, head shaking and making the droplets fall from his hair.
 
"Do I have to come and find you? Why are you being so difficult?" Kris huffed, choosing to go back into his cave and wait for his younger mate to come back.
 
Tao couldn't have gone far, he knows not to go into other wolves territories and he had no reason to anyway. Wherever he was Kris knew he would be back soon. He knew that Tao would be back when he awoke in the morning.
 
...................................................................................
 
This was bad, it was already morning and Tao hadn't came back, making the alpha worried for the wear abouts of his mate. Kris was standing in the entrance of his cave with furrowed eyebrows, Mei and Mao rushing past him and down the rocks, going into the cave at ground level.
 
Huffing, Kris followed the two into the main cave, the occupants not noticing him.
 
"This is really weird, Suho"
 
"I know, why is it like that?" Kris was listening to the two at the back, his two grown up pups rushing past him once again along with the other three females that had spent the night in the cave.
 
"Suho...it's actually really worrying, it's freaking me out" 
 
"It's probably just feeling a little under the weather" Kris saw the red head pick the puppy up, face becoming confused when his eyes took in the form of the pup.
 
"Hey, isn't it meant to be whitish pink?" Both males jumped at the deep voice, heads turning to see the blond standing there, watching them, "I clearly remember that thing wasn't this colour yesterday" Kris crouched down and took the pup from the red head.
 
"No! Don't-"
 
"Shut up, I'm not taking it from you" Kris grumbled, "Tao would get even madder" Kris looked at the now purple pup, poking at its face and around its eyes, "Speaking of him, did he say where he was going after he left you two?" Suho creased his eyebrows, pup being shoved back into his chest.
 
"He said he was going to sleep" Suho stared at the pup affectionately, "Is he not in your cave?" Baekhyun spoke this time, standing up and stretching out his legs.
 
"He wasn't there when I returned early in the morning" Baekhyun tilted his head to the side, sitting down, "Maybe he just wanted some alone time, but it did rain pretty hard last night" Kris huffed, turning around and leaving the cave.
 
Kris stopped in his tracks when he saw who he was looking for walking out of the trees on his right, Tao must have been at the river this whole time. The worry washed away and a small smile appeared on Kris' face.
 
"Baby wolf, were you at the river this whole time?" Kris saw the shorter freeze as he spoke, approaching him and the black haired male turning his head away when he leaned down for a kiss.
 
"Not now alpha, I have to see the pup" Kris stared at his mate as he evaded his touch and went in the direction of the main cave, his smile disappearing and eyebrows creasing.
 
"Tao!" Kris was ignored, his mate disappearing into the cave, "Why are you acting like this? Is it because of that thing?" Kris was talking to himself once again, eyes going to the forest trees surrounding him.
 
"I guess it's more important than me now, is it?"
 
...................................................................................
 
"Can't believe I'm stuck in here" Tao kicked at the muddy ground, arms folded across his chest, "I'm wet and cold and I want to go back to Heliotrope" Tao huffed, bending down and picking up a stone, throwing it at the caves entrance.
 
A flash of white was seen and the stone fell to the floor.
 
"All for one pup, is it really that important that he needs to keep me in here? He could have asked nicely" Tao peeped over his shoulder, looking at the other occupant of the cave, eyes looking the sitting male up and down.
 
"You're with him right? Can't you do something about that barrier thing and let me out?" Tao pouted, really wanting to leave and go back to his pack mates, "You can do that for me, right?"
 
"Sorry but I can't and I'm not with him, he took over my territory and is keeping me hostage" Tao's eyebrows raised as he sat down by the wall, the unknown male to his left and leaning against the back of the cave, "You're from Heliotrope? I thought they were not to be messed with? How come you let yourself get into this situation?" Tao scowled at the grey haired male. 
 
"He shifts forms doesn't he?"
 
"Don't we all?' Tao rolled his eyes, "I mean he can change his appearance to that of others, he tricked me into thinking it was alpha who was taking me into the forest but it turns out it was him" Tao flicked at the mud beside him, head leaning back on the hard stone.
 
"He said he wanted the pup back but I don't understand why he couldn't just ask for it back. Before he gets done for entering our territory, he can tell us that he wants it back"
 
"I don't think he's only after the pup" Tao glanced over at the male, seeing him ruffle his hair, "I sorta killed his mate in the fight for territory, she shouldn't have been out anyway if she had a pup" He rolled his eyes, sighing.
 
"She wasn't even a very good fighter"
 
"But why does he want the pup back if he doesn't have a female to feed it? It'll just die if he takes it back" Tao didn't understand, "And why was the pup by the river in the first place? If he wants it back so badly he should have taken better care of it to begin with!" The male raised his hands, waving them slightly in front of himself.
 
"Woah, calm down, don't get mad at me" Tao growled at the back of his throat, it going silent afterwards within the cave before the unnamed male spoke, "He put it there on purpose, he wanted someone to find it and take it" Tao's eyes widened, becoming shocked at the information.
 
"It's the time of year when pups are born and he wanted the pup to live but thanks to me, his female died" The male poked at the ground, "He's planning on taking the pup back as well as the female that is taking care of it, he told me" Tao bit his lip, completely focused on what the male trapped inside the cave with him was saying.
 
"He's looking for a new female"
 
...................................................................................
 
"Alpha female, I don't think this is a good idea..." Suho followed the black haired male into the forest, in the direction of the river, "It's fine, I just want to see where you found the pup" Suho bit his lip, hands clutching onto his fur pelt tightly.
 
"Can I hold the pup?" Suho was met with a harsh glare which made his eyes widen, "No, I'm holding it so don't ask such stupid questions" Suho was taken aback, never once had Tao spoken to him like that, or anybody for that matter.
 
"Tao, is something wrong?" Suho stopped at the side of the river, the taller steeping into the water and walking across it to get to the other side, "Uhh, you shouldn't go to that side, that's another wolves territory..." Suho's words met with deaf ears.
 
"Are you coming or not?" Suho swallowed at the demanding tone and nodded, rushing through the water to get to the other side. They stood in front of the area Suho had found the pup a few days ago, "That's were I found the puppy" Suho pointed to the ground underneath a tree.
 
"I know" Suho's eyes widened when a hand grabbed onto his wrist, startling him, "I know exactly where the pup was cause I put it there" Suho couldn't tear his eyes away from the changing form of the male in front of him.
 
"Y-you're not alpha female..." The white haired male chuckled, dragging the unwilling red head further into the forest and further away from the river, "H-hey! What are you doing?!" Suho struggled, tears starting to fall from his scared eyes.
 
"What does it look like?" The male stopped, turning to look down at the crying red head. He lifted up the pup that was in his free hand, seeing the shorters eyes dart to it before locking with his own again, "Do you want to hold the pup now?" Suho swallowed, nodding his head hesitantly, unsure if he was going to be rejected for the second time or not.
 
"Okay" The pup was shoved into his chest, Suho's free hand coming up to hold onto it and stop it from falling, "You can continue to look after it as long as you stay with me" They began walking again, Suho's wrist starting to hurt from the harsh grip tugging on it, making him walk.
 
"S-stay with you...?" Suho wasn't answered, he just continued to follow this unknown male, it's not like he could run away anyway. After ages of walking, Suho decided to speak again.
 
"I-I want to go back..." Suho stopped, the male stopping as well, "The puppy is hungry..." 
 
"Okay, turn and feed it then" The hand left Suho's wrist and his eyebrows furrowed at the words, "Feed it? I can't" Suho held the whining pup close to himself, letting it chew on one of his fingers.
 
"Stop being difficult and just change, feed the damn thing so it will shut up!" Suho winced at the harsh tone, eyes peeking up and looking at dark purple angry ones, "You've been feeding it these past few days so you can feed it now as well" Suho shook his head, lowering it and letting his nose touch soft fur.
 
"I haven't been feeding the puppy, my puppy eats meat now" Suho heard a growl and he was pushed backwards. He lost balance at the sudden burst of wind and fell onto his .
 
"Why did you pick it up if you can't feed it?!"
 
"B-because my pack m-mate had a puppy..." Suho his lips, staring up at the angry looking male. He unconsciously brought the pup closer to himself when the standing male turned, bright white fur covering his body and large teeth showing themselves to him.
 
"You better change or you won't stand a chance" The wolf growled at Suho, steeping closer to him, "I have no use for you if you can't feed my pup" Suho scrambled onto his knees, he was petrified at the situation he had found himself in.
 
"C'mon, change, I'll even give you five seconds head start" Suho came to his senses and turned, pelt landing on the forest floor and pup being placed in his mouth as he made a mad dash back the way they came.
 
"Five...four..." The wolf counted down, watching the bright red wolf take off with the pup, "Three...two..." He fidgeted on the spot, wanting to run after and catch up to his prey. 
 
"One! I'm gonna get you!" He took off, pace fast and the form of the red wolf becoming closer and closer as the seconds went by, "Better run faster than that if you wanna escape me!" He caught up rather quickly, teeth nipping at the back legs of the smaller, playing with him.
 
Suho could feel the wolf brush up against the side of his back legs before disappearing, his heart beating unbelievably fast in his chest. He knew this wolf could take him down any moment but he hadn't, this wolf was obviously enjoying playing with him before they got to the fighting.
 
And if that wasn't bad enough, Suho was winding through the trees, he didn't know which way was Heliotrope anymore.
 
Suho could only hope he'd lose interest but he knew he wouldn't and that the wolf would definitely stop him before he could get back in Heliotropes territory. Wind blew around him, pushing at his face and making it hard for him to run in a straight line, making it difficult for him to keep his eyes open.
 
"Poor baby" The wolf snickered as Suho was pushed backwards onto the forest floor, pup falling out of his jaws, "Seems the poor little baby can't even run very fast, you're useless aren't you" Suho picked the pup back up, it wiggling and whining, not wanting to go back in his jaws.
 
"I'm really gonna have some fun with you"
 
...................................................................................
 
Hello~ cliff hanger eh? Yep and I'm sorry but you'll have to wait until the next update ^^
 
And miracles in December, ugh, that frickin song will be the death of me. Cant stop listening to it, it's so calming and it's nice to write to :) 
 
Goodbye~
 
PrettyDeadRose11