Back

Heliotrope

"Uhm..." The grey wolf looked back into the cave at the voice, "Thank you for staying with me..." Yellow eyes locked with his own dark ones, the higher ranking male having changed back a while ago.

"It's nice to not be alone, I'm glad you decided to come back" Tao walked up to the caves entrance, eyeing it, "Are you a lone wolf?" Tao sat down, the blood on his fur shinning under the darkening sky.

"Y-yeah, I am" Tao watched the grey wolf at his nose, fidgeting on the ground a little, "Looking for a female?" Tao tilted his head to the side, the puncture wounds stinging a little as he watched the wolf get more unsettled.

"I-I guess...but don't you already have a mate?" Tao's ear twitched, this wolf had gotten the wrong idea.

"Not me, I wouldn't dare come onto another wolf and ruin what I have with alpha" The wolf swallowed, laughing awkwardly.

"That's what I thought..."

"What I meant was, I thought about my pack and the members" Tao paused, looking the wolf up and down, "And I've realised there is one female who missed out on having a mate, if she accepts you then you can have her" The wolf stared at Tao with shock present in his eyes.

"R-really?! Are you sure?!" Tao nodded.

"You've proved yourself during this situation that you're a very capable male, it just depends whether she'll say yes or not, she could reject you" Tao grinned.

"And then you'll have to continue looking" 

The two sat in silence for what seemed like forever, both of them staring out into the forest. Tao's ear flicked and he jumped when a slight shock ran through him starting at the tip of his ear.
 
"What was that?" The grey wolf looked back at Tao, seeing the alpha female shake his head, "I got a little shock all of a sudden" He felt another, this one on his muzzle, them making him wonder what was going on.
 
"Hey, look!" Tao looked at the grey wolf, "I can see the barrier! It's fading away!" Tao saw it too, eyes wide as he watched the once invisible barrier become visible before disappearing all together into thin air.
 
"You're free!" The words had only just left the grey wolf when Tao was running off, going straight ahead. He didn't know if this was the correct direction he should be going in, but anywhere is better than that cave.
 
"Hey! Wait up for me!" The grey wolf ran behind the pitch black wolf, ducking under thin branches that swung back at him, Tao having run right at them, not around.
 
Tao stopped abruptly, the slightly larger grey wolf halting too before he smashed into the high ranking wolf, "First, I need to find the river, then I'll find my pack easier" Tao jogged off, nose near the ground as he tried to sniff out the flowing water source.
 
The grey wolf followed once again, Tao soon finding the river and drinking from it enthusiastically, the cold liquid making him feel a lot better.
 
"Heliotrope is on the other side of the river, we'll have to follow it until we get to a familiar part for me" Tao jogged off once again, following the river, "I hope nothing bad has happened to them" Tao looked at his reflection in the water as he walked, noticing his scruffy fur.
 
The grey wolf watched the other intently as he jogged along the river, head turned to the right and looking out into the forest on the other side of the flowing water.
 
"...I bet your pack mates really like you" Tao looked back at the words, "Alpha is very lucky to have a mate as nice as you seem to be, I feel comfortable around you even though you're at the top. It's weird" The grey wolf caught up with Tao, brushing up against his side.
 
"Mhm, just don't stand too close to me, I still don't even know your name" Tao moved away, the grey wolf doing the same, "If alpha sees he'll be mad and most likely attack you" Tao glanced at the larger as he moved away even more, a grin showing on his muzzle at the sight.
 
"Sorry, I can't stop myself, you're a female and I just wanted to stand next to you" The wolf peeped over at Tao quickly before glancing back in front of himself, "I've been by myself for a while now and I'd forgotten what it's like to be in the company of another, especially a female that smells as nice as you do"
 
"Dasom needs to accept you badly so you'll stop trying to sweet talk me" 
 
"Oh! I'm sorry if it came across that way! I assure you that the same would have happened with any other female that was taken! I'm not trying to sweet talk you, I swear" The wolf hung his head low as he walked, eyes following the alpha females steps.
 
"I know, use all those words on Dasom, she needs to hear them" Tao lifted his head into the air, nose detecting the smell of blood and he decided to follow it. 
 
Tao tilted his head to the side when he saw the large pile of blood scattered all over the forest floor, looks like someone had a good old time ripping apart their prey. Stepping closer he saw the trail of blood leading away from the stained mud and leaves.
 
"Seems whatever was caught didn't die, let's follow it" Tao carefully stepped around the blood splatters, not wanting to tread in any of them but insisting on walking over then and not beside, "Maybe it was that wolf that kidnapped me! If he's not dead then we should finish him off!" Tao picked up his speed, wanting to see if he was correct, if the blood belonged to the white wolf with the purple eyes.
 
"Hey, wait, there's wolves nearby, maybe we should go back to the river..." The grey wolf spoke as he watched the alpha female lift up his head, feet stopping in a pool of sticky blood as he was no longer watching where he was going.
 
"It's alpha..." Tao looked around himself, trying to look past the trees to see the one he wanted the most, "And Chanyeol and Kai..." Tao slowly sat down, his tail moving slowly behind himself and picking up blood and leaves.
 
He leaned his head back and let out a howl, gaining three back almost instantly, he still had his head tipped back when he heard the sounds of his mate and pack mates.
 
The scents got stronger and Tao couldn't hold his joy any longer, he wiggled his on the dirty forest floor and the end of his tail beated the mud gently.
 
He lifted himself off the ground when he caught a glimps of blond fur in amongst the trees, walking forward so he could meet the large wolf halfway. Dark eyes locked with his and he felt his breath get caught in his throat as he unconsciously turned back, kneeling on the harsh forest floor with bloody knees and outstretched arms.
 
"A-alpha..." Tao watched said male turn back as well as he approached him quickly, arms circling around him and lifting him up from his kneeling position, "Alpha, you finally found me..." Tao mumbled into the shoulder of the taller male, breathing in deeply and inhaling Kris' strong scent.  
 
"Of course, baby wolf" Kris lowered his head so his mouth was right by his mates ear, "I love you Tao and I'm so sorry this happened" Kris kissed Tao below his ear before trailing them down his neck and landing on his shoulder.
 
Kris looked up from his position, eyes locked on those of the grey wolf's and his face moved away from Tao's dirty tanned skin. He watched the standing wolf back up a little, Tao turning his head when he noticed two wolves slowly walk around himself and Kris.
 
Kris let a growl rumble in his chest, Tao's eyes darting up to look at the blond, "Chanyeol, Kai, I'll give you the pleasure of doing whatever you like with him" Tao's eyes widened at the statement, body flying out of Kris' hold to wrap his arms around the largest of his two pack mates, Chanyeol.
 
"No! H-he saved me! From that wolf!" Tao loosened his arms around Chanyeol's large furry body when the beta sat down, jaws opening and tongue lolling out to him on the face, "I promised him a female in return, Kris, Dasom doesn't have a mate and I thought I'd introduce them" Tao shifted on the ground as Kai shimmied towards him, low whines coming from his throat being heard.
 
"Why're you two so friendly?" Tao spoke aloud as he hooked his arm around Kai's neck, the dark brown wolf instantly falling onto his side and pushing him closer to Chanyeol, "Missed me, huh?" Tao got his reply with more to the face, by the smaller of the two wolves this time.
 
Kris allowed the of his mates face because it showed that Chanyeol and Kai knew that Tao ranked higher than they did, plus getting attention from a higher rank is always nice, it will make their moods better.
 
"Come here" Tao motioned for the grey wolf to come to him, it hesitating as he looked between the two calm wolves that looked so scary only minutes ago, "They won't attack" 
 
Kris decided that now would be the right time to turn back, wedging himself inbetween Kai and the black haired boy kneeling on the ground. Kai gave a huff and snuggled up close to the alpha, tongue out and at his muzzle.
 
"He won't attack either, they're all well trained" 
 
Kris watched the wolf slowly walk forward, eyes focused on his form and the he was recieving vanished as Kai opted to stare at the unfamiliar grey wolf as well.
 
When he reached the only human amongst them, he lowered his head even more towards the ground, large puppy eyes looking up at him as he layed down. Tao frowned at the way the wolf was acting, it must be because they weren't alone anymore, Kris was here and Tao knew the wolf didn't want to make any mistakes.
 
Mistakes that might cost him his life.
 
"Don't do that, you didn't grovel in front of me earlier so please don't do it now" Tao reached out his hand to the wolf on the head, his other arm still draped over Chanyeol. The wolf perked up his ears, head lifting and tongue at one of Tao's dirty blood stained knees.
 
"Baby wolf" Tao turned to his left, eyes widening and showing shock when he was headbutted gently, Kris' head rubbing against his own, "I killed the wolf but unfortunately he got to Suho first" Tao lifted his arm off Chanyeol's soft fur and retracted his hand from the wolf at his knees.
 
He placed them on Kris' large head, pushing the alpha back so he could stare into his dark eyes.
 
"W-what do you mean Kris?" Tao's hands slipped down to the wolf's neck, fingers clutching onto long strands of fur.
 
"He was by the river badly injured, he'd been in a fight baby wolf, Yuri had to rush over or he'd have most likely died" Tao's eyes widened at the information, Kris' whines being heard as he saw his younger mates eyes start to get glossy.
 
"S-so that blood b-back there was probably Suho's...?" Tao heard the whining and looked up, Kris instantly at his cheeks with a rough tongue to get rid of the few tears that escaped, "W-we need to go back quickly" Tao removed his fingers from Kris' soft fur and changed into his wolf self, giving the alpha his best puppy dog eyes he could manage.
 
"Take me home Kris, take me back to Heliotrope"
 
...................................................................................
 
The sun was peeping through the trees as they walked into the cold water of the river, the blood rinsing off Tao's body as he swam across. He froze though when he saw a huge pile of blood, just like the one he'd spotted earlier on the side he had just came from.
 
"Alpha..." 
 
"Don't look at it" The reply was quick, Tao tearing his eyes away from the dark liquid and jogging to be beside the blond wolf as they made their way to the clearing, "It's just blood, you see that everyday"
 
"But it's Suho's blood..." Tao leaned into the largers side as they walked, Chanyeol and Kai behind them followed by the grey wolf who was trailing behind.
 
When they reached the clearing, it was empty except from the dead body of a certain someone Tao didn't want to look at. Tao watched Chanyeol run past him and go straight into the main cave, he'd almost forgotten that Baekhyun had just given birth to a pup.
 
He let a whine slip out, feeling guilty that Chanyeol had to go out and search for him at a time where Baekhyun needed him the most, the purple wolf was vulnerable in his current state and Tao knew Chanyeol was probably made to help look for him.
 
"Go see Suho and the puppies, baby wolf, I have to clean up" Kris left the black wolf's side and trudged his way towards the corpse lying unwelcome in their clearing.
 
Kai followed him to the cave, stopping beside him at the entrance when a voice called out to him from above. Both wolves looked up to see Kyungsoo peeping out of the alphas cave, a rather down looking Xing squished between his front legs.
 
"Tao! You're back" Tao saw the grin on his friends muzzle and the pup between his legs start to wiggle, head tilting side to side in a cute fashion.
 
"Alpha female! They won't let me see mummy~" Tao sighed and Kai stepped up the rocks, sliding up next to the smaller red wolf, "Or daddy! I wanna see mummy and daddy~" Xing reversed himself, escaping the four walls that were the delta females legs and running to the back of the cave, cuddling up close to a regular visitor, Wu.
 
The blond wolf had left soon after the little 'incidents' with Xiao and Liu, taking his mothers advice to find his own place within the forest and he had to admit, he was actually enjoying being on his own a lot more than he first thought he would.
 
Regular visits were a must though and before he realised it, he was growing attached to the bright red bundle, a rather large bundle that was now pressed up against his side.
 
"You'll see them soon, this means you have more time to play with me, Xing" Bright eyes stared up at Wu, large eyes and he swallowed the saliva in his throat. Just a little more waiting and Xing will be able to turn, he'll be able to see the younger boy in human form and ultimately make up his mind.
 
Ask Xing to be his mate or continue to wait for another. Wu doesn't know the answer till he sees the red wolf's human face.
 
"Why aren't you going in?" Kyungsoo spoke, Tao still sitting at the entrance and looking up at the two outside his and Kris' cave, "They're in there, you should see them"
 
"You look really good up there together you know, pretending to be alphas" Tao chuckled as he picked himself up from his sitting place and slowly walked into the main cave.
 
"I'm not pretending to be an alpha" Kyungsoo turned to look at Kai, earning a grin with large teeth, "But the view is rather nice up here...Kai! What's wrong with you? Why aren't you ranked higher?!" Kyungsoo raised his head as he spoke, voice loud but Kai could hear the playfulness in it.
 
"I'm at a nice spot, don't force me, Kyungsoo!" Kai nipped the smaller on the ear, "Being alpha is a lot of responsibility, I don't want that" Kyungsoo huffed at the words.
 
"You're just lazy..."
 
"Hey! If you two are just gonna sit there looking pretty you can do that down here! Get down from my cave!" Kyungsoo's ears went back as he slinked his way down the rocks, the alpha back from disposing of that wolf's body and currently shouting at them.
 
"Alphas are scary too"
 
...................................................................................
 
Tao sat down as he stared at the sleeping forms within the main cave, Chanyeol laying down in front of Baekhyun and the two pups, the large pile of over grown pups at the other side, this including Dasom.
 
Lay and Suho were leaning against the back wall in human form, sleeping while in a slouched sitting position. Yuri was next to the red head, her own head tilted towards his and Yoona's cheek pressed against her fur pelt covered arm.
 
Tao couldn't help but smile at the scene before him, he'd pictured Suho to be in a terrible state but he looked relatively okay. Perhaps he did though when they first found him as Tao saw the tear stains on Lay's cheeks. Yuri had done a very good job from what he could see.
 
He decided it would be best if he left the occupants to continue to sleep, he didn't want to wake them in the middle of their rest so he headed back out the cave. Kyungsoo and Kai creeped past him and disappeared into the cave, Tao's eyes finding themselves on the alphas.
 
Kris shook himself before going past his much missed mate and up the rocks, Tao following him instantly. At the back of their cave layed Wu and Xing curled up against one another on the fur pelts.
 
"I should really be mad" Kris tilted his head to the side, "But I have to admit, it's nice to see Wu like this" Tao hummed, plopping himself down on an available piece of fur, behind their huge pup and by the back wall.

"Won't you come here?" Tao opened his jaws and let out a whine, yawning and Kris stepped round the two, or should that be one, the large wolf that was hogging their sleeping area.

"Baby wolf, do you think they'll?" Kris layed down, laying himself on top of the black wolf, "Be mates?" 

"I think they will, well, I kinda hope so" Tao wiggled on the floor, the much missed alpha squishing him with his weight, "Kris, you're heavy and I'm injured"

"I missed you, baby wolf" Tao stopped moving and Kris climbed off him, "I'm sorry, Tao" Kris whined, nose nudging at the side of the black wolf's head, teeth gently nipping at his neck and tongue at his wounds.

"I missed you too alpha, I wanted you so badly" Tao turned and was laying on his back staring up into the dark eyes of his mate, "That wolf outside, he really did protect me since you weren't there" Tao threaded his fingers through thick fur and pulled the sitting wolf down, arms wrapping around Kris' neck.

"Kris, I didn't mean for any of this to happen" Tao nuzzled his cheek into blond fur, pulling away when Kris to his back before facing him, long legs landing on him.

"If Suho hadn't picked the pup up then none of this would have happened" Kris turned back as well, arms going around Tao's middle and the black haired males still s around his neck, his head resting under the youngers chin.

"...I know but it's a puppy, Kris" Tao sighed, body being manuvered into a sitting position, "You wouldn't understand"

"You're right, I don't understand the want for a pup that isn't ours" Kris leaned forward and pressed a quick kiss to Tao's lips, hands moving from his sides to land on his cheeks, "Everytime I see it I want it gone, the urge to kill it is always there"

Tao frowned, gaze going down.

"But I think if I did kill it, you'll be really angry with me and I don't want that, baby wolf" Kris sighed, pinching dirty cheeks and watching them get red, "What are you gonna do with that wolf outside? He was just laying there watching when I came back" Tao's eyes widened at this, he'd nearly forgotten all about the grey wolf he'd told to follow.

"Let me just go check on him" Tao made a move to get up, Kris stopping him from doing so with a low growl of disapproval, as well as with his arms.

"You're not going anywhere" Kris moved forward quickly, planting his lips on those of his black haired mates, he'd missed the feeling of being so close, "He'll be fine, just stay here with me" Tao sighed but a wide smile broke out on his face, hands pulling the alpha down for another kiss.

"Okay, if you say so alpha"

...................................................................................

Suho creased his eyebrows as he peeped open his eyes, blinking and looking around himself. He was confused, he should be right by the river or maybe he'd died and gone to heaven instead? He didn't know but it was dark and his eyelids were heavy.

He tried to speak but no words came out, except for a little cough. Something beside him shifted and Suho became still, his heart beat fastening at the sudden thought that he wasn't alone.

"Suho, go back to sleep" Suho turned his head to his left slightly in the direction of the quiet voice, "You need to rest some more" Yuri smiled at the red head who groaned and closed his eyes, trying to drift off back to sleep.

He wasn't alone but now that he'd realised that Yuri was next to him, he knew he was safe.

Suho sighed, whimpering as he tried lifting his arm up as his body snuggled up against the warmth beside him. He peeped his eyes open once again, glancing up at the source of heat and saw Lay sleeping silently, eyebrows creased.

He saw the tear streaks and Suho struggled to kept the frown off his face, fingers clutching at the fur pelt over the two of them.

Suho stared at his mate for a few minutes with sad eyes before he stretched his neck, his sore neck and carefully placed his lips on the dominant males cheek, whispering his words afterwards.

"I'm sorry Lay, I shouldn't have picked up the pup"

...................................................................................

Hello~ I've updated and I feel much better now that I have^^

I kept saying I would but didn't so I'm sorry but I know what I'm writing next so it should be easy. I started a collage course recently and other things have happened like I decided to write some more catboy fics, oh how I love the cat boy theme.

Also, I'm close to reaching 1000 subs, I currently have 984 >_< Thank you to everyone who subscribed, commented and upvoted. Speaking of upvotes...I got 100 *dies of happiness* I've never asked for upvotes so I'm very happy you guys decided by yourselves to give this story one if you did :)

Three pup couples need to be sorted out, I look forward to writting some fluff with them^^ Oh, and any name suggestions for the grey wolf? I haven't decided yet >_<

I hope to update soon~

PrettyDeadRose11