Pups

Heliotrope

"Oh my god, I hate being in wolf form all the damn time" Kyungsoo was laying on the warm grass of the clearing, a week and a half away from giving birth.

"I know right" Baekhyun was spralled out next to the red wolf, equally as big and round, if not larger.

"We'll have to leave for the birthing dens soon" Kyungsoo sighed, it was getting closer with each passing day and the nerves hadn't set in yet, he just wanted the damn things out.
 
"They better not be idiots like their father or god help me" Baekhyun laughed, turning onto his other side so that side could be warmed up by the sun as well.
 
"You're so harsh, Kai's not even that stupid, I'd say he's a very good mate. You should be grateful" Kyungsoo huffed, knowing this was the truth but he's about to give birth, he's allowed to say nasty things about the one who made him like this.
 
"He's so caring and if you don't mind me saying, he's rather handsome as well" Kyungsoo lifted his head to look at the purple wolf, staring at him.
 
"But so is Chanyeol and he's tall and oh my, he's so strong as well. I might swoon" If Baekhyun was in human form he would be fanning himself with his delicate hand but since he had pups in him, he didn't want to turn back, it would be easier to carry and give birth as a wolf.
 
"You're such a girl, Baek" Kyungsoo stood up, stretching out his front legs and yawning, being nice and warm from all the sunbathing he had been doing.
 
"Whatever, who do you think will have the most pups?" Baekhyun got up as well, sitting down on the green grass. 
 
"I hope it's not me, probably you or Tao, you look quite big" Baekhyun's eyes widened, Kyungsoo sitting in front of him within the clearing.
 
"I'm gonna let that one slip because I'm pregnant but thank you, I do hope I have a few" Baekhyun nodded, he didn't mind if he had a couple pups because that's what Chanyeol wants. The chocolate wolf wanted to have more than one, more purple ones than the colour of himself.
 
He also wanted Baekhyun to have more pups than the alpha female, so in a way Tao and himself were in a competition and the winner would only be crowned when the pups were born.
 
"Hey!" Both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun turned their heads to the shout, seeing their mates walking towards them, having gone to bury pieces of food near the den area that the two of them would be giving birth in.
 
Kyungsoo and Baekhyun would be sharing a birthing den while Tao and Luhan would share another. Tao wanted to be there for the older wolf because Luhan was starting to get scared about giving birth.
 
"How is my Kyungsoo doing~? Are the pups being good?" Kai nuzzled the smaller red wolf with his dirty nose, getting a lot of affection back from his mate.
 
"I'm good, pups are doing fine too, want them out as soon as possible though" Kai pulled his head away from the shinny fur, staring into the mismatched eyes of his mate.
 
"They'll be out soon, just put up with it for a little bit more. You're doing so well Kyungsoo, I'm so proud of you" Kai Kyungsoo on the nose, gaining a back.
 
"Mhm, that's cause I've got you looking after me" Baekhyun rolled his eyes, looking away from the pair and to his own mate. Chanyeol was sitting a few feet away and staring at him intently, head tilted to the side.
 
"What? Why are you staring at me?" Chanyeol got up and walked the few steeps to his smaller mate, planting himself down right up against his side and looking down at him.
 
"Nothing, are you okay?" Baekhyun noticed the largers dirty nose and blew some air onto it, little bits of dust flying off into the air.
 
"Have you been burying food again?" Chanyeol nodded, "Ready for when you give birth, near yours and Kyungsoo's birthing den" Baekhyun started up at Chanyeol with bright eyes, adoration present. 
 
"Chanyeol, you're so good to me, thank you" Baekhyun meant everything he said, Chanyeol really did do everything to make him comfortable and he enjoyed his time with the other wolf.
 
"It's cause I'm your mate and I care for you Baek, including the pups as well" Chanyeol gently nudged Baekhyun on the side, pushing him over carefully so that he was lying down.
 
"Puppies~ daddy's back~" Chanyeol rubbed his face on Baekhyun's stomach, wanting to show the pups that he was there, waiting for them to enter the world.
 
Chanyeol was excited for their arrival, he was getting giddy and couldn't stop talking about them and how he would have more than alpha, finally beating him at something.
 
Chanyeol knew that Baekhyun wouldn't let him down, he was doing his best to keep the pups in good health and make sure that more than one came out.
 
Chanyeol couldn't ask for anything more.
 
...................................................................................
 
Tao was the first to give birth, showing how it's done to Luhan who wasn't due till the next day, keeping the alpha female company while delivering.
 
The alpha was sitting outside the den they had dug a few weeks ago into an area near the river, water source close and pieces of previously caught animals buried shallowly near the two dens for easy eating.
 
"Tao, they are gorgeous" Luhan nuzzled the little bundles of fur, them clean, Tao doing the same.
 
"Yeah, I wonder how Baekhyun's doing" They had figured everything out and with Lay's opinion on when they would finally see the pups, both himself and Baekhyun should have their pups on the same day.
 
"I don't know but he'll be fine, don't worry" Luhan layed back down, puffing a little and feeling better about the whole ordeal soon to come because Tao made it look so easy and if alpha female could do it with no complaints, then so could he. 
 
"Tao, what are you going to name them?" To be honest, Tao had no idea and was hoping that Kris had at least a few suggestions on what to name the pups.
 
"I don't know, but they're all boys so alpha will be happy" Tao had given birth to three pups, the last one being a bit smaller than the other two, the runt. This smaller pup was pitch black like himself with the exception of his little belly, which had a splodge of blond.
 
The two larger pups where all blond, completely taking after their father and were currently ling, pushing the smaller of the three out off the way.
 
"And this is where the real problem starts. I have three but only two can le at any given time, little pup is being pushed away" Tao the black pup on the head, hearing him whine while continuously looking for the food source.
 
Luhan watched the way Tao looked at his new family, the little sparkle in his eyes showing how happy he was. Just as predicted, Tao took this all in his stride, nothing seemed to throw the black wolf off. 
 
And Luhan was pleased to have such a great and thoughtful leader, Luhan would always be loyal as long as Tao was alpha female.
 
...................................................................................
 
"No fair, yours are already out and mine are still stuck inside of me" Baekhyun rolled his eyes at the continuous whining of his den mate, Kyungsoo just wouldn't shut up, god only knows how Kai puts up with him when all he does is complain.
 
"That's because I mated before you, be patient Kyungsoo" Kyungsoo huffed, trying to get comfortable but it was hard to do so when he's about to give birth any day now. But for Kyungsoo that wasn't quick enough.
 
"I am being patient, they keep kicking me and being a pain"  Kyungsoo stared at Baekhyun's newly born pups, eyes focusing on their little noses and closed eyes. They had just finished ling and were tired out, it had been an exhausting day after all.
 
"What are you going to name them?" Kyungsoo layed his head on his front legs, not being bothered to move anymore.
 
"I'm thinking of Minsun for this one and Minah for the second girl" Baekhyun pointed each one out with his nose to Kyungsoo, both girls being little bundles of purple fur.
 
"And for the boy, I'm calling him minseok" Baekhyun brought the three sleeping pups closer to himself using his paw.
 
"Minseokkie looks just like Chanyeol, I'm so happy" The little male pup was a chocolate brown and Baekhyun just knew that he would grow up to look exactly like his father.
 
"Puppies, daddy's going to be over the moon when he sees you three"
...................................................................................
 
"Luhan, you okay?" Tao watched the yellow wolf who was laying on his side in front of him, panting slightly.
 
"Ye-yeah" Luhan was in the process of giving birth, Tao talking to him and reassuring him that everything was alright, he just needed to be calm and let the pups come out when it was time.
 
"You're doing really well, Luhan" Tao pushed his little black pup towards himself so that it could le now that the other two had finished.
 
It wasn't long before Luhan's first and only pup entered the world, Luhan's eyes bright and shinny as he took in the sight of the tiny bright white bundle of fur. Tao watched with joy as Luhan cleaned up the little pup and it puffed out, the yellow wolf whining softly to the pup and getting ones back in reply.
 
"It's a boy Tao, a little boy" Luhan layed on his back, his pup resting on his chest as he looked down at it, nose touching its tiny little one.
 
"He looks just like Sehun, Tao, I can't believe it" Luhan turned back to his side, letting the white pup le for the first time and watching with large eyes.
 
"Do you think Sehun will like him? There's only one" Luhan looked over in Tao's direction, looking slightly worried now that he had realised there was only one. Tao had three but he only had one.
 
"Of course Sehun will like him, it's his pup and he was really excited the whole time you were pregnant" Tao's black pup blindly made its way over to the other two, snuggling up to them and going to sleep, nice and warm.
 
"Having only one is good because then you can devote all your time to him, I can see Sehun taking care of the pup really well just like he has taken good care of you Luhan. He's really grown up these last few months, I'm thinking of letting him go hunting with alpha soon" 
 
"Really? Oh, he'll be really happy!" Tao grinned, glad that his decision was accepted with open arms.  
 
Luhan wanted Sehun to do the best he could, learning how to hunt would make the younger white wolf feel as though he was more capable of taking care of him, make him feel as though he was at the same level as the others who could hunt.
 
But to Luhan, Sehun didn't need to do anything more unless he really wanted to, he was already perfect and trying his best and Luhan couldn't ask for anything more.
 
...................................................................................
 
"Oh, thank god it's over, they're finally out" Kyungsoo looked down at his two pups, both a dark red.
 
"Are you sure that they're Kai's?" Baekhyun giggled, having a little poke at the fact the two pups looked nothing like the dark brown wolf.
 
"Are you implying that I mated with someone else?" Kyungsoo looked at the purple wolf who was caring for his own pups, not amused with what his den mate was saying.
 
"I'm joking, it's just they look like you and not like Kai at all, maybe you mated with yourself"
 
"Baekhyun, you can't mate with yourself" Kyungsoo shifted himself on the grass bed, "How would you even do that anyway?" 
 
"I dunno, wouldn't want it to happen though cause then Chanyeol wouldn't be able to mount me" Baekhyun nodded his head, the pups climbing around on his shinny fur, whining as they did so.
 
"After I recover from the pups it's the first thing we're gonna do" 
 
"Damn Baekhyun, keep it to yourself please" Kyungsoo stood up and stretched his legs out, shaking himself, feeling tired and worn out from giving birth a little while ago.
 
Kyungsoo layed back down, scooping up his two pups with his paw and bringing them closer to his chest so that they could le again. He himself was starting to get hungry and wondered when he would be able to go out to one of the cache sites that Kai had created for him. 
 
"Baek, I'm hungry" Baekhyun gave a low whine showing that he heard the red wolf, "Can you look after them while I quickly go eat?" 
 
"Sure, give em here" Kyungsoo passed over the two whining pups to Baekhyun, adding to the purple wolf's and making a total of five.
 
"I'll be right back" Kyungsoo left the den as quickly as he could, keeping in mind that he still hurt slightly from giving birth earlier in the day.
 
"Kyungsoo! What are you doing out?!" Kai couldn't believe that the red wolf was out of the den, looking not so pregnant.
 
"I'm hungry and I can't give the pups the best when I'm hungry" Kyungsoo sat down by the entrance of the den, Kai sitting right in front of him and Chanyeol lying down a few meters away.
 
"Pups? More than one?" Kai couldn't hide his excitement when he saw Kyungsoo nodd, "Two" Kai knew he shouldn't have, but he launched forward and nocked the smaller red wolf over onto his side, all over his face.
 
"Kai! Don't push me over! It's painful and I need you to get me food!" Kai got off Kyungsoo, "Okay, I'll go get some for you right now" Kai jogged away over to where he had buried some meat from their kills.
 
"Does Baekhyun want some?" Kai shouted over to Kyungsoo.
 
 "Yeah!" Kyungsoo sat watching his mate dig up two pieces of meat and run back over with them in his mouth, passing them over to him.
 
"Thanks" Kyungsoo turned around and went back into the small den, seeing Baekhyun babying all the pups, them so much that they were all smooth. And them looking extra small because their fur had been flattened by the large tongue.
 
"Baek, here" Kyungsoo dropped the meat in front of Baekhyun, picking his own piece back up and placing in on the opposite side of the den before picking out his two pups from Baekhyun's three.
 
Kyungsoo layed back down, pups blending in with his own fur and began eating. He felt the pups wiggle around on him, not really watching them because he was too focused on eating.
 
Baekhyun was eating too, eyes going back and forth from the piece of meat with dirt on it to the pups whining and wiggling around on him.
 
"We have a lot of work to do now that the pups are finally here"
 
...................................................................................
 
Okay so I didn't really know how to end this so it's a bit abrupt, it's going backwards and forwards between each birthing den.
 
At the start is a week and a half away from the births then following on from that is obviously a week and a half later when they finally give birth. Sorry if this is confusing, ask if you don't get anything.
 
I hope no ones disappointed with the number of pups each one got, I already knew how many pups each were getting for a while so I didn't want to change that cause I've planned everything out to go with the numbers of pups.
 
Suho hadn't had his yet because he mated later than them, he has another week to go. 
 
Goodnight
 
PrettyDeadRose11