Surprise

Heliotrope

Beginning of May

Tao ran through the forest, hands keeping his fur pelt securely on his shoulders and head ducking under branches obscuring his path. His breathing was fast and the smile on his face wouldn't leave, he had great news to tell the pack once he got back to the clearing.

He rushed out into said clearing, eyes looking around and a curious pair staring back at him from in front of the freshly killed deer.

"Are they back yet?" Tao asked and Baekhyun nodded his head in reply.

"They're at the river, as you can see this deer spilled a lot of blood, mostly over Sehun" Baekhyun laughed at the end of his sentence, watching as Tao bounded off towards the trees once again and disappearing, going to the river.

He saw them, the ones that went hunting and tried to will his heartbeat to calm down but the thoughts going around in his head were making it hard for him to not let out a squeal, this was in fact the best news he'd heard in a while.

"Luhan! Sehun!" Both addressed males turned to look at the alpha female, halting their actions of cleaning themselves in the running water. 

"Hey, baby wolf, we caught a big deer today" Tao nodded at Kris' words, eyes only on his mates for a few seconds before they went back to the silent pair.

"Yeah, I saw. Luhan, Sehun, you need to hurry up!" Tao walked forwards and grabbed onto Luhan's arm, pulling him from the edge of the river and onto the grassy bank, "C'mon, I have great news" Luhan creased his eyebrows at the words, Sehun following the blond as he was dragged by the alpha female.

"How was your visit to Xiao and Liu? Are they doing well?" At the sound of the alphas words Luhan gasped, wrist pulling away from the taller black haired male.

"You went to see them?! Tao! Why didn't you tell me you were?!" Tao stared down at his friend, Luhan's lip poking out in the form of a pout.

"Yeah! Me and Luhan want to visit them too! We haven't see Liu since they left!" Sehun joined in, backing his mate up, "Are they okay? Is Liu okay?" Sehun tilted his head to the side, eyes locked with the bright ones that belonged to the alphas mate.

"They're doing great, wonderful in fact" Tao his lips and he lifted his gaze to land on Kris', the taller making his way over to him. Tao tilted his head back as Kris leaned down and pecked him on the lips, an excited laugh leaving him afterwards.

"So, tell us, what's this great news you mentioned?" Kris brought the shorter closer, lips pressing against the top of Tao's head, the happy smile on the youngers face getting wider as the images of earlier flashed in his mind.

Luhan and Sehun gave him confused looks, hands uncontiously reaching out to hold onto one another's without any thought. Tao looked so happy and the words, the high pitched squeals that left his mouth had both of theirs dropping instantly.

"Xiao and Liu, they had a puppy!"

...................................................................................

Luhan peeped his head round the corner of the stone and looked inside the cave, Sehun pressed up against his back and tiptoeing to see over the slightly shorter male. Tao shook his head at the sight, hand in Kris' and leading the blond into the cave, the lower ranking pair left to trail behind them.

"Liu, I'm back like I said" The white wolf at the back of the cave looked up at the calm voice, tired eyes following their movements, "I tried to be as quick as I could" Tao let go of Kris' hand and kneeled down beside Liu, his tongue coming out to at the alpha females hand.

"And I brought visitors" Tao ruffled white fur and shuffled forward on his knees so he could place Liu's head on his lap, "Xiao will be so surprised to see us when he gets back" He sighed as Liu closed his eyes, tongue coming out to at his nose.

"Can I pick it up?" Liu's eyes reopened at the deep voice, them landing on the alpha who was running a finger along the length of the white pup.

"...I guess" Liu his nose some more, eyes glued on the alpha, "D-don't drop him" Liu got a glare in response, Tao's arms tightening around his neck as he whined.

"I'm not going to drop him" Kris held the puppy carefully, looking it over before offering it to the still standing pair behind them, "Here, take him" Luhan was the first to hold out his hands, the puppy being placed in them.

"Puppy is so small" Luhan held the wiggling pup close to his chest, "Sehun, look how cute it is" Luhan turned to the taller, Sehun's hand landing on the newborn and it.

"...Puppy Liu had a puppy" Sehun spoke quietly and Luhan smiled at the words, nodding his head.

"Yeah, puppy Liu really did" 

...................................................................................

Eyes peeped around the corner of the main cave, tiny feet almost tripping over themselves as Minjae ran inside, colliding with the equally as small pup at the back. 

"Ahh!" Myun fell on his side, legs scrambling against the dried grass and leaves in an attempt to stand up, "Wahhh!" In his hurried movements Myun managed to hit his head against the caves wall, crying out as his heart only continued to fasten in his chest.

"Myun" Minjae tilted his head to the side, "I knocked you down, I'm sorry" He watched the pink pup become still, puffs of air leaving his jaws as his ears perked up at the familiar voice.

"Minjae?"

"Yeah?" 

"Minjae, you scared me! I thought I was going to die!" Myun whined, head moving around as well as his front paw, trying to locate the voice of the other pup, "Where are you?"

"Right here" A tongue Myun on the nose, teeth chewing on his muzzle after the soft action. Myun growled at the teeth nipping him, pulling back before snapping his jaws, Minjae moving back just in time to escape a bite on the nose.

"Don't bite me!" Myun snapped again, standing up and slowly padding his way forwards, slightly going to the left and not in a straight line, "I don't like it so don't do it!" 

"Myunnie~!" Minjae whined, running up to the leaving pup and brushing up against his side which resulted in the pink pup to jump and let out a yelp.

"Minjae! Ahh!" Myun became still, the other pup watching as light pink fur slowly turned purple, the same colour as his, "A-am I doing it?" 

"You are, it's really cool Myunnie!" Minjae let his tongue loll out so he could the now same coloured pup over his eyes, them closing in the process.

"Eww! You've got smelly breath!" The slightly older of the two complained, head shaking to get the wet tongue away from himself, "Why do you always my face?"

"I want to make your eyes better, so you don't fall over or bump into things" 

...................................................................................

"Mummy?" 

"Yes, Minjae?" Baekhyun looked over at the fluffy pup, "What is it?"

"Do Myun's eyes hurt him?" The purple pup tilted his head side to side, waiting for the largers answer, "Why can't he see but everyone else can?"

"Minjae" Baekhyun started, "Myun was born like that, he's never been able to see so it's normal for him"

"But why?" Baekhyun heaved a sigh, he didn't know the answer to this, "How do we make it go away? So that he can see?"

"We can't, Yuri is the only one that can make eyes better again but Myun is too young and weak" Baekhyun yawned, spralling himself out on the grass of the clearing, "Once he's old enough to turn and if he thinks he can handle the pain, then he can see Yuri"

"The pain? Making Myun's eyes better will hurt him?" Minjae wanted his best friend to see like he can but he didn't know it was going to hurt.

"What is this? Twenty questions? I don't know how much it hurts but Sehun got one of his fixed and alpha got both made better again" Baekhyun closed his eyes, "Ask one of them how much it hurt, Minjae"

So that's what Minjae did.

He went to ask the omega first, the white haired male was sat by the river with his legs dipped in, cooling off after coming back from seeing Liu and Xiao, not to mention the new puppy. Luhan was currently sat in the river, a little bit away from the bank.

"Uhm, hunnie?" Minjae spoke, feet stepping over twigs and leaves. He sat down next to Sehun, the older turning to face him with raised eyebrows, "C-can I ask you a question?"

"Me first, what are you doing out of the clearing? If Baekhyun finds out he-" Sehun got cut off by a shout that came from behind them, all three of their heads, Luhan's included, whipping round to the voice.

"I'm here! I'm watching him!" Chanyeol made himself known, stepping out of the trees and sitting down, "Baekhyun told me to keep an eye on him" The chocolate wolf huffed, shaking his head as he laid down on the dirty forest floor.

"I've just come back from a hunt with Mei and Mao and I'm so tired!" Chanyeol heaved himself up, chucking himself into the cold water of the river and eyes closing as he enjoyed the feeling.

"...Sehun..." Minjae spoke quietly, nudging the human on the arm with his wet nose, successfully getting his attention the first time.

"Oh yeah, what was your question, Minjae?"

"Mummy told me that you had a hurt eye and it got fixed" Sehun nodded his head, confirming that what he had been told was correct, "Did it hurt?"

"A little, but I can see again so it was worth it" Sehun brushed over the purple pup with wet hands, laughing as Minjae shook himself afterwards to rid himself of the water, "Why?"

"I want Myun's eyes to get better but I don't want it to hurt him" Minjae whined, jumping slightly when Chanyeol decided to get out of the river right next to him, splashing water on him in the process.

"Minjae, Myun is not old enough to get his eyes fixed" Chanyeol spoke before shaking himself, earning himself two sets of narrowed eyes due to the action.

"Thats what mummy said! When will he be able to get them fixed?" Minjae took the to the top of his head, eyes staring down at the soaked grass due to his daddy.

"When he's able to turn, then he can get them fixed"

...................................................................................

"Hey" Kyungsoo and Kai looked up from their spot in the clearing, greeting the tall blond, "How's it going?" The two stood up, staring at Wu with small smiles on their faces.

"Good"

"Same" Wu looked around, not really getting the sort of conversation he wanted from the two, "Are the pups okay?" Kyungsoo nodded, grinning.

"They're practically all grown up! Xing has been able to change since you were last here" Wu's eyebrows went up.

"Really?" The pair nodded.

"Yes! He's so cute and when I say cute, I mean really super cute" Kyungsoo held onto Kai's hand, fingers intwining with the tallers, "Like omega cute"

Wu had thought about it more than once, he really had but he wasn't going to commit to anything until he'd seen what Xing looked like in human form. Wu was hoping that his feeling wouldn't change and that the younger, submissive male would accept his advances.

"Where is he now then?" 

"He's by the river, alpha's out hunting again and won't let him join in because rumour has it, he's just like Baekhyun" Kyungsoo looked up at Kai at this and then back at Wu, "Can't hunt to save his life, he's going to end up killing himself rather than the prey" Kai laughed and Kyungsoo couldn't help but to agree, nodding his head with pursed lips. 

"But what do you expect though, he's a female anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter that much" Wu hummed, choosing to leave the two mates and walk off in the direction of the river.

Wu stepped out of the trees and spotted a crouched down figure by the bank of the river not that far away from him.

"Xing?" Wu eyed the red head sitting by the river, back facing him, "Xing, is that you?" The boy whipped his head around at the sound of his name, eyes going up and locking with Wu's.

"Wu" Said male stared in shock, large eyes staring up at him and making him speechless, cheeks turning pink for the first time ever, "Wu? Are you okay?" Xing got off the grass, still keeping eye contact with the older.

"I'm fine" Wu kept the distance between himself and the short male, eyebrows furrowed, "Are you okay?" Xing smiled a little, nodding his head before turning around and sitting back down.

"I'm fine, Wu, you don't need to play with me anymore" The older tilted his head to the side, not expecting those words to leave the boy swishing his hand around in the water, "I've grown up and instead of playing I want to hunt instead"

"Can you hunt?" Wu hesitantly stepped closer, placing himself down next to the younger but a few feet away.

"Well, not really but I want to! Alpha said I shouldn't though cause last time I ruined the whole hunt" Xing pouted, turning to look at Wu with the older looking away after only a second, "But if I don't hunt then what do I do? If I don't eat then I'll die"

"Get someone to hunt for you, like a dominant male" Wu let his eyes go over the smallers side profile, fingers twitching and wanting to reach out and touch Xing's pale skin, contrasted beautifully by his blood red hair.

He was just like his mother in more ways than not.

"A dominant male?" Xing asked, legs stretching out in front of himself and going into the river, "Like yourself?" Xing felt his face grow hot and he couldn't look at the older boy, the cold water running over his legs not helping in the cooling of his body.

"Y-yeah, like me" 

The two sat in silence for a while before Xing made a move and stood up. Wu cursed internally, thinking that he should have just said outright that he wanted to be that dominant male, he didn't even know when he'd be visiting next.

To Wu's surprise and amazement, Xing sat back down, closer than before and rested his head on his shoulder resulting in the straightening of his back.

"Wu, you'll hunt for me, won't you?" Xing put his arm through said males, moving his head so his chin was resting on Wu's shoulder, "Unless you don't want to hunt for me, although I want you to" Xing tried to bat his lashes but the dark eyes that locked with his own turned the should be flirty gesture into nervous blinks.

Wu didn't reply and Xing his lips, retreating back from the older a little.

"I mean, it would be nice you know..." Xing pulled his legs closer to his chest, arms wrapping around them. His failed attempts at flirting making him scrunch up his nose, "Maybe I should practice hunting some more inst-"

"No! It's okay, I'll hunt for you" Xing looked up from the water with wide eyes and raised eyebrows, not quite believing it, "I can't say no"

"But, you can, if you don't like me" A finger ran down Wu's arm, "Do you like me?" Xing watched the blonds cheeks heat up slightly this making him realise that he shouldn't be nervous around Wu, the more confidence he had, the less Wu would have in return.

"I-I...yes, I like you, Xing" 

"How much do you like me? As a friend or maybe something more?" Xing shimmied closer once again and stretched out his legs, "Cause I don't like you as a friend, Wu" Xing tapped his palms on his thighs gently, eyes glancing down at the quiet noise the hitting of skin created.

"Xing, I want to be your dominant male, I want to be your mate" Wu placed a hand over the red heads that was laying on his thigh and Xing felt all of his confidence leave him, teeth bitting at his bottom lip because oh my, Wu's touching him.

"O-okay..." That's all Xing could get out, a quiet whimper of an answer as he felt embarrassed at the sudden change in himself. One minute he's leading and the next he's backing down, his submissive nature coming out.

"...Do I have to leave?" 

"Leave Heliotrope?" Xing nodded, hand still being held onto with a thumb rubbing over his knuckles, "Yeah, I have my own territory and for us to be mates you need to follow me" Wu brought his other hand up, tapping Xing on the chin to tip his head back a little.

"Do you trust me? Do you think I can't take care of you?" Fingers ran through red hair and stopped at the back of Xing's head, Wu bringing his face closer as he whispered, "Are you ready for a mate, Xing?" 

"Y-yes, but only if it's you, I like you, Wu" Xing closed his eyes, swallowing as he waited for what he thought was going to happen.

"You won't push me away?" Wu asked and Xing's eyes slowly opened, a pout on his lips, "Are you sure you want me?" Xing huffed, nodding his head.

"Yeah...I want you" Xing leaned forward and pressed his lips against the blonds, his free hand landing on Wu's chest as said males went down to the back of his neck.

Parting, Xing smiled, "Do you believe me, Wu?" Xing tilted his head to the side, his fringe falling into his eyes as the wind swished his hair about, "I just gave you my first kiss" A grin made its way to Xing's face and a little yelp left his throat as arms wrapped around him.

Wu held the younger close, bright strands of hair fluttering over his chin as he felt Xing relax and hug back. He remembered what alpha female had said to him before and was glad he took his mothers advice otherwise he wouldn't be able to be with the one he is meant to be with.

"I believe you, Xing, let's be happy together"

...................................................................................

Wow, it took me three months to update ;A; I feel as though something is missing from this chapter but it might just be because I haven't updated in a long time :/ Time skip again, Xiao and Lu had a puppy! Wu and Xing became mates!

I've thought about how I'm going to end this but I'm not sure if I'll go with that ending, I don't know how many chaps left possibly less than five? Dunno, but it'll be weird when I do finish Heliotrope, this fics practically my baby ;A;

Anyway, thanks for reading, commenting, upvoting all that usual stuff and to all new subscribers, welcome~ hope you enjoyed and continue to enjoy~

Goodnight^^

PrettyDeadRose11