Confrontation

Heliotrope

Dasom was down by the little stream that flowed at the rear of her new home, it was closer than the river and she only wanted to clean her hands so she had no problems with using this drastically smaller water supply. 

She leaned forward, checking her reflection in the water and pushed her hair behind her ear, smiling down at herself. Snapping of twigs brought her out of her day dream, eyes lifting off the water and looking in front of herself. Dasom gasped and scrambled to get up, surprised by the bright eyes staring at her from the other side of the stream.

The wolf stared at her, a deep rumbling of its chest being heard as Dasom pulled her fur pelt tight around herself and ran back to the deep cave she has been sharing with Jin.

Said male wasn't there and she panicked more even though she knew he was out hunting, he'd told her but that didn't stop the tears that welled up in her eyes.

She shouldn't be scared, she doesn't go into other wolves territories so that wolf just now shouldn't cross the stream and enter Jin's, but what if it did? Dasom was working herself into a right state.

When Jin returned a while later, she got up from her place at the back of the cave and ran to him, arms flinging over his shoulders and body crashing into his. Relief washed over her now that her mate was back, he'd protect her from that wolf if it crossed the invisible outlines of its territory.

"Jin! T-there was this wolf by the stream and it just kept staring at me!" Dasom looked up at the grey haired male with tears slowly running down her cheeks, "And it growled and I'm scared it's going to c-cross the stream..."

"Shh, it's not going to cross, okay" Jin threaded his fingers through dark red hair as Dasom hugged him tighter, sniffling and starting to calm down, "You're just overreacting Dasom, it won't cross"

...................................................................................

Jin needed to go to the stream, he was hot and dirty from the hunt and needed a well deserved clean before sorting the dead deer he'd left in the entrance of the cave out. Dasom accompanied him, eyes looking out at the other side of the water supply and not seeing the wolf that was there earlier.

She sighed, smiling up at Jin as he tightened his grip on her hand and made her sit down along with himself beside the stream.

"See, that wolf probably has better things to do than worry about you, about us" Jin spoke and Dasom nodded, checking her reflection out in the gleaming water once again, "Maybe they were jealous of how pretty you are" 

"Jin!" Dasom pushed the grey haired male on the shoulder enticing a laugh out of him and giggles out of her own mouth, "Jin, give me a kiss" Said male didn't waste any time, pecking the red headed female on the lips quickly as he started to wash his hands.

"Thanks"

"Any time" Jin focused more on getting as clean as he could as quickly as he could, eyes flicking up for a second when Dasom moved forward and sat in the shallow water.

Dasom tilted her head to the side as Jin dirtied up the flowing water, hands cupping some and throwing it at the dominant male. The water landed on his upper arm, Dasom seeing the wide smile on his face and dark eyes giving her a glance before Jin shook his head slightly at her.

"Dasom" Said female laughed, hand hitting against the water and making it splash. She laid back, not caring that when she gets back up her fur pelt is going to weigh double its normal weight due to the water it's currently up.

She dreamily stared up at the sky, eyebrows creasing as she heard twigs snap and her head turned to source out the sound. A scream broke the calm atmosphere and splashing of water filled the air as well.

"Jin!" Dasom screamed, fingers gripping harshly onto the fur around the suddenly appeared wolf's neck, tears streaming down the sides of her face as she tried her best to fight off the large animal, "Jin!" Said male turned in the blink of an eye, ripping the offending unknown wolf off his mate and pinning it down in the stream.

Jin skipped right past asking questions and went right for the wolf's throat, sharp teeth trying to find purchase on his as well. Snarls pierced Dasom's ears as she shakily got out of the water flowing with blood.

Her blood.

She kneeled down on the grassy bank and turned her head to see the two wolves tumbling in the stream, loud growls and the snapping of jaws leaving even more tears on her pretty face.

"You better watch yourself!" The wolf growled, chest heaving as it backed away from the larger grey one, "You destroyed everything I loved!" A short howl left the wolf, eyes narrowing afterwards and sending daggers in Jin's direction.

"I don't even know you!" Jin reversed onto the grass, back leg colliding with Dasom's, telling him to stop and stand still. Jin stared at the wolf, pink eyes making his head tilt to the side.

They were the same eyes he'd seem blink multiple times and get dimmer as he cut off air circulation a while back.

"No...I killed you..." Jin flinched a little when a hand grabbed ahold of his tail, the wolf in front of him huffing at his sudden realisation.

"No, you didn't and my mate hasn't come back so I'm guessing he's dead" Jin didn't say anything and this confirmed what she had been thinking, "You killed him, didn't you?! And our pup!" She shouted at Jin and his ears went back for a split second before going back up straight.

Jin shook his head, "No, I didn't kill him!" 

"Don't lie to me, they're dead and I'm not going to stop until I get my revenge" She reversed, starting to leave the blood stained stream, "An eye for an eye to make this fair" Jin felt the hand on his tail losen, Dasom sniffling behind him.

"If you truly love your mate, you better not let her out of your sight"

...................................................................................

Jin and Dasom had rushed back to their cave the instant the wolf had left the scene, Jin's eyes looking over the damage done to his mate. Dasom had her hand pressed to the side of her neck, the other wrapped tightly around Jin's, fingers intwined.

Jin carefully took ahold of her wrist, wet eyes flicking up at him as he slowly removed Dasom's hand from her neck. Jin sighed, frowning as the gashes were revealed, blood running down the short females neck, arm and into her fur pelt along with the water already there.

"Dasom, we need to go back to Heliotrope"

...................................................................................

Dasom cried as she was held tightly by Kyungsoo, the older smoothing down messy hair as he tried to get her to calm down. The wounds she'd had inflicted onto herself weren't deep, they didn't need Lay which was good for more than one reason.

Lay had taken Suho back home, Heliotrope was home but it wasn't home at the same time. Suho needs to feel protected and with the amount of wolves currently coming and going into Heliotrope, the impact of the events that occured will just get worse.

"M-mummy..." Dasom whined, gaining a frown from the addressed male she was pressed up against, "I-I'm scared" Dasom was a strong girl, Kyungsoo having to deal with two girls that wanted to cause trouble and make him worry was hard but he'd rather have tough cubs than weak ones.

And Dasom was anything but weak.

But right about now, wrapped up in her mothers embrace, Dasom felt so small, so weak and it scared her to think that she wasn't as brave as she thought she was. She'd never been attacked before and this was only a warning type of confrontation.

She wasn't ready for when things got real, for when that wolf decided that she didn't want to play around anymore.

...................................................................................

"Kris" Said male hummed as he leaned his back against the rocks outside the cave, "What are we going to do with Dasom? I don't want to send them back" Tao frowned, head leaning on the alphas shoulder.

"This is serious"

"I know, Kai won't let her go back either, I can tell by the look in his eyes" Kris clasped his hand around the black haired males, "I don't think Dasom wants to go back anyway, but it might be a good thing if she does"

"What do you mean?" Tao lifted his head off the blonds shoulder to look at Kris properly, "You can't send her back against her will, I won't let you" Eyebrows creased and Kris sighed, leaning forward to peck the younger on the forehead.

"Baby wolf, they need to go back so that the wolf shows itself again, so they can draw her out" 

"Oh" Tao's pursed lips started becoming a small smile, "I thought for a second there you didn't care" A small laugh left Tao as he snuggled up against the alpha.

"But you always care, I'm sorry for thinking you didn't, but are Dasom and Jin going back on their own? I don't think that would be a good idea"

"No, Kai will probably want to go with them once I tell them they have to go back to their own territory" Kris looked down at the bright eyes staring back up at him, "Kyungsoo will most likely follow along as well, Dasom is their cub afterall" Tao hummed, agreeing with his mate.

"Yeah, I just hope things go well for Dasom and Jin"

...................................................................................

"Dasom, don't cry, everything will be fine" Jin spoke softly as he wiped at said females face, clearing red cheeks of fast flowing tears, "This whole thing will be over soon so put on a brave face, please" Jin bit his lip as she looked up at him, Dasom her lips before swallowing.

"Please Dasom, be brave for me, you can't show that wolf too much weakness, okay" Dasom nodded, wiping at her own face now that her mates hands were gone, "I know how strong you are and I also know how scary this must be for you. Damn, it's just as scary for me too" Jin took ahold of one of her hands and begain to walk towards the river.

"You're my mate Dasom, I don't want to lose you" Jin stepped into the river and heard the little whimper that left the red headed females throat, not looking back at her as he pulled her along through the water.

Kai followed them quickly with his hand wrapped around Kyungsoo's wrist, keeping him close so he didn't have to worry about losing the older. Kyungsoo pulled his wrist free, letting Kai hold onto his hand instead and smiling up at him reassuringly when his tanned mate looked back at him.

"Kai, I know I shouldn't really be tagging along but you understand why I need to, right?" Kyungsoo looked ahead of himself, Dasom walking with her head down and Jin leading the way, "I know I can't protect Dasom like you or Jin can, but I still want be there for her"

"Kyungsoo, you're her mother, you're one of the only people that is able to calm her down" Kai picked up his pace a little, "And you fight rather well when you want to so don't put yourself down, you protected the cubs just as much as everyone else" Kai stopped for a second, hand coming up and landing on the shorters cheek.

"Even now, you still want to protect our cub even though she's grown up and that's all that matters" 

...................................................................................

"I-I don't want to be here..." Dasom shook her head at the taller male, hearing him sigh as she pouted, "That w-wolf is probably out there, watching us secretly..." She looked up as a hand grabbed onto her's.

"Dasom, I'm here with you and Jin and your father are watching to make sure nothing happens" Kyungsoo spoke softly, "We need to see the wolf, okay? Nothing bad is going to happen, I'll make sure of it" Dasom bit her lip as she reluctantly nodded her head.

"O-okay, I don't like fighting, mummy" Kyungsoo sighed, hand tightening around Dasom's as he made himself comfortable on the grassy bed beside the water, "M-my neck still hurts" Dasom whined and Kyungsoo frowned.

Since he'd learned of the attack on Dasom, he'd noticed his cub wouldn't stop stuttering, her voice quiet and not as loud and cheery as before. Kyungsoo knows the reason, he's not stupid and she has every right in the world to be as scared as she was feeling right now.

Kyungsoo knows the feeling, but Dasom is not alone for she has him and her father, as well as her mate Jin. She has support and help from her family and there's no way they're letting her be attacked and under another wolf again.

"I know puppy, I did the best I could" Kyungsoo spoke and Dasom hummed, back straightening and cheek pressing against the older males lovingly. Kyungsoo smiled and let her continue to rub and nudge against the side of his face, this was probably her way of calming her out of control nerves.

The two of them were so caught up in the friendly activities that both were startled when a splash of water hit them. Kyungsoo saw a dark brown flash of fur tumbling with something much lighter in the water of the stream, Dasom being heard crying beside him as she tried to stand up.

"Jin~!" Dasom whined, the grey haired male running over to her and holding her close, comforting his mate.

Kyungsoo reversed backwards up the bank, the water splashes calming down as the two wolves broke apart and moved away from each other. Kyungsoo quickly stood up, Kai coming to a halt beside him and a growl leaving the large wolf when his fingertips brushed over raised fur.

Kyungsoo brought his hand up to his chest, eyes flicking to the offending wolf still standing in the middle of the stream. She spoke, landing in the shallow water as she shook her head quickly to get rid of the blood and water on her fur.

"I see you brought back up this time, huh? I really scared you then" She tilted her head to the side as she grinned, teeth on show and Kyungsoo decided to kneel down on the forest floor beside his on edge mate, "I don't want to fight with you" The female wolf shifted herself in the flowing water.

"This fight is between me and him" She motioned over in Jin's direction, the dominant male cradling Dasom's head to his chest as he locked eyes with her for the second time.

"I already told you! I didn't kill your family!"

"You're lying!" She stood back up, eyes going to Kyungsoo's. As the only other female here that wasn't crying, she thought she'd try and get herself across to him. Females are sympathetic, he'd understand her better than any of the others here right now for sure.

"We tried to take his territory, I admit that! He tried to kill me! Then he really did kill my mate and our pup!" She snarled but began moving backwards, stepping out of the stream on her side, "He wasn't even a week old and you killed him! He was just a p-puppy!"

Kyungsoo bit his lip as he heard her voice crack at the end, hand landing on the grass as he stood up. Kai glanced up at the red head before his eyes landed back on the pink eyed female. Kyungsoo took one step forward and Kai shouted out for him to stop, jaws gently holding onto the short males hand with teeth grazing skin gently.

"It wasn't me who killed your mate! It was alpha!" 

Kyungsoo's eyebrows furrowed as he heard this, did the alpha really kill her mate? If so did he kill her pup as well?

"I'm sorry" Kyungsoo spoke and wide eyes locked with his own, "I'm sorry you lost your mate and your puppy, believe me I really am" The wolf didn't know how to reply to this, Kai's jaws no longer around Kyungsoo's hand, wet nose now nudging at it instead.

"But yes, alpha did kill a wolf in our clearing a while ago" Kyungsoo watched sad eyes narrow in anger and he hesitated for a second before continuing to speak, "He took alpha female, can you really blame alpha for killing somone that took his precious mate away from him, away from the pack!" Kyungsoo gasped when he realised what he'd said, he'd unintentually hurt this wolf with his words and he could see it on her face.

"I-I'm sorry, I mean" Kyungsoo sighed, stepping closer once again only for Kai to growl up at him, teeth nipping at the back of his thigh, "He was intruding in Heliotrope's territory, and not to mention he almost killed my friend!" Kyungsoo pushed the muzzle away from nibbling on his skin and rushed into the water of the stream.

Kai was hot on his mates tail, halting him as he came to a stop in front of the short red headed male, "Kyungsoo! What are you doing?!" Kai shouted, nudging his mate backwards until Kyungsoo lost balance and fell on the grass beside the stream.

"Running up to an unknown wolf, that's dangerous!" 

"You should listen to your mate, he's right" The female wolf finally decided to take her leave, looking back over her shoulder before disappearing into the forest. She made eye contact with Kyungsoo, aware that other pairs of eyes were on her but paying them no attention.

"Maybe I should change my target, thanks for your help"

...................................................................................

"Kyungsoo! That was really stupid of you" Kai had turned back and was currently hugging the shorter boy, "Running up to that wolf like that, almost scared me to death" Kai mumbled into the red heads shoulder, breathing a sigh that he didn't get hurt for his non thinking.

"If she challenges alpha, she'll end up just like her mate" Kyungsoo his lips at the words leaving his mate, arms tightening around him and making his heart fasten, "She's as good as dead" The words made a shiver run down Kyungsoo's spine and he hugged Kai back, eyes squeezing shut as he breathed in the scent he knows the best.

That wolf may have attacked Dasom, his poor little pup but still, does she deserve to die because she wants revenge over the death of her mate? Kyungsoo can't help but think no.

She was wrong, her mate was wrong as well for taking Tao and hurting Suho but she can't just walk straight into Heliotrope and pick a fight with the strongest member of the pack, no way, that'd be suicide. She needs help, someone to talk to so she doesn't make stupid decisions that will cost the wolf her life.

And Kyungsoo understands that look in her eyes, the look of hurt and suffering all too well.

...................................................................................

It's been like two months since I updated ;A; So sorry for the wait and this chapter was all about Jin and Dasom. Hope you liked it! Who is that wolf though?? Can you guess, hehe.

I've got my college induction day tomorrow and I'm nervous, I start for real on Monday and I've gotta finish my project for it and ugh, I hope I can make some friends and that the course will be so much fun.

Anyway, have a good weekend!

PrettyDeadRose11