Introductions

Heliotrope

Tao emerged from the den slowly, hesitantly and looked around the surrounding area. He saw alpha laying down a few feet away from the opening, fast asleep.

"Alpha female!" Sehun bounced over to the black wolf, tongue hanging out the side of his mouth and panting a lot, the omega obviously having been running around.

"Shhh! Don't wake him up" Sehun immediately shut his mouth, lowering his head at the black wolf and tail wagging gently behind himself.

"Wanna see Luhan and the pup?" Sehun's ears perked up, eyes brightening up as well, "Yeah!" Sehun followed Tao into the den, looking over at his mate and the four pups he had curled up together, two ling and two fast asleep.

"Woah, Luhan you had four pups?!" Sehun sniffed the bundles of fur, nose touching them and noises leaving their tiny bodies.

"These ones don't even look like us and this ones black!" Sehun moved his head back from the pups, tilting it to the side, confused.

"Those three are alphas, the white one is ours" Two of Tao's pups were curled up together by Luhan's stomach, sleeping silently. The alpha females little black pup and Luhan's white fluffy pup were both ling from the older wolf, making sounds of contentment.

"Oh, Luhan you had one pup?" Luhan nodded, looking a little nervous. Even though Tao said he had nothing to worry about he was still unsure as to how his younger mate would react to the pup.
 
"Yeah, is that okay?"
 
"Of course! Is it a boy or a girl?" Sehun had located his pup, focusing on the white pup and the other one ling next to it. The two pups contrasted with one another, black and white, just like he or Luhan did next to the black wolf that had just left the cave.
 
"A boy, he doesn't have a name yet" Sehun looked at Luhan with a little bit of shock present on his face, surprised that the little pup didn't already have a name.
 
"I wanted you to name him for us" Sehun nodded, determined to chose a good name and not make Luhan disappointed and regret his decision to let the younger pick a name.
 
"How about Liu?" Luhan nodded, happy with the name choice, "Sounds fine to me, our little Liu Liu~" Luhan nuzzled his nose inbetween the white pup and the black pup, successfully getting both of them to wiggle and whine louder.
 
"I can't wait until the pup is older Luhan, then the three of us can play together"
 
...................................................................................
 
Kris woke up, looking around the area for the omega but couldn't find him. He scanned the area for the second time in case he just missed the white wolf the first time, but to no luck. Sehun wasn't there.
 
"Kris, Sehun's in here" The blond wolf whipped his head around at the voice of his mate, seeing Tao blocking the entrance of the birthing den, eyes tired but still shinning brightly.
 
"Tao, why are you out?" Kris picked himself off the grass ground and walked over to his black furred mate.
 
"To ask if you want to see them?" Tao tilted his head to the side, eyes not once leaving the alphas.
 
"Of course, are they being good to my baby wolf?" Tao lifted his head up as Kris nuzzled the side of it, loving the affection after not having a lot of it these past few days.
 
"Yeah, very well behaved but ones smaller than the others, he's going to le from Luhan" Tao pulled back, Kris giving him a on the nose, "He only has one"
 
"Are you okay with that?" Tao wanted to know how the blond wolf felt about one of his pups ling from another wolf.
 
"Yeah, if it gives the little pup a better chance" 
 
"It does, the other two keep pushing him away" Tao turned around and went back into the den, Kris following close, making it slightly difficult to go down because he was trying to be beside the black wolf.
 
"Luhan, I'll take them back now" Tao picked one of the blond pups up gently, laying it down on his side of the den by itself before picking the second one up and then laying down next to them, bringing them closer to himself. He looked up at Kris with his yellow eyes, waiting for him to say something.
 
Instead of saying anything, Kris turned to Luhan and nudged Sehun out the way, the white wolf watching with large eyes at what the alpha was doing. Luhan moved his head back and brought the two pups closer to himself with his paw when he saw the alpha way too close for comfort.
 
"Tao forgot one" Kris picked the pup up carefully with his jaw, taking the black pup away from the white fluff ball it was next to.
 
"I didn't forget" Kris put the slightly smaller pup down next to the two larger blond ones, laying himself on the cool muddy ground of the den, fur brushing against Sehun who had decided to lay down as well.
 
The den they were in had been made bigger so that there would be enough room for all four of them to fit in when the time came to meet with the new members of Heliotrope.
 
"I was just letting Luhan look after him, he was ling so I left him" Tao moved the pup so that it could le again, this time from him and not from Luhan.
 
"See, he's still hungry" Tao made eye contact with the alpha who was watching intently, enjoying the way his younger mate looked with his pups.
 
"Tao, names?" Tao shook his head as a no, he hadn't named them, "I don't have any names in mind, I was hoping that you would. You can name them"
 
"Are they all boys?" The second the black wolf answered with a yes, Kris felt immensely proud of the fact. Not that he wouldn't be happy if he had gotten girls, but the fact that Tao had given him boys, three boys made him feel really happy for some reason.
 
"Okay, how about Wu and Yi for these two" Kris motioned towards the blond bundles pressed against Tao's side, the two of them being clearly seen on the pitch black fur they were using as a source of warmth.
 
"And for this one" Kris focused on the black pup, thinking hard for a name. But before he could speak to say he hadn't come up with anything, Tao broke the silence.
 
"Xiao" Kris looked at his mates bright yellow eyes, confidence showing in them that the name wouldn't be rejected by the alpha, "I want that name"
 
"Okay, Xiao it is"
 
...................................................................................
 
"Chanyeol, move over, you're taking up all the room" Kai was looking at Kyungsoo who was staring back at him within the den while speaking.
 
"Chanyeol, come closer" Baekhyun told the dominant male to move closer to him to give Kai room. Chanyeol was hogging all the room inbetween the two smaller wolves and stopping Kai from getting to Kyungsoo.
 
"I'll just tread on him" And Kai did exactly that, stepping on the chocolate wolf and finally getting to the small red wolf.
 
"Oww! Kai! That hurt!" Chanyeol whined and shimmied closer to Baekhyun, sandwiching the three pups between himself and the purple wolf.
 
"Well, maybe if you moved" Kai layed down, back touching with Chanyeol's and limbs going between Kyungsoo's, back legs overlapping because of the cramped space with the four of them in the den.
 
"Damn, so tight in here" 
 
"It was fine with just the two of us" Baekhyun was pushed against the muddy wall, Chanyeol right up in his personal space but it couldn't be helped, the den was created for two wolves, not four.
 
"Baekhyun, what are their names?" Chanyeol spoke quietly, wanting the atmosphere inside the den to be calm as he was being introduced to his pups for the first time.
 
"The girls are Minsun and Minah" Baekhyun nudged the two purple pups towards Chanyeol, them making noises and blindly wiggling on the chocolate fur.
 
"Minseok for the boy, he takes after you, Chanyeol" Baekhyun spoke with a proud tone, feeling happy with himself that he had given not only Chanyeol what he wanted, but also what he wanted. He had his Chanyeol look alike.
 
"Baek, they are so perfect, just like you" Baekhyun rested his head on his front legs and Chanyeol's, watching as his mate took full interest in the pups.
 
Chanyeol was the pups and after he finished cleaning them he picked up the two purple ones and placed them on Baekhyun's side, making sure they wouldn't fall and that they stayed in place. The purple wolf's eyes focused on what the chocolate wolf was doing.
 
"Oh, where have they gone?" Baekhyun couldn't help but roll his eyes, head lifting off his legs to look at the two pups wriggling on him.
 
"Baek, I can only find one" Chanyeol had a playful spark in his eyes when Baekhyun made eye contact with him and the purple wolf felt his heart swell with love for the dominant wolf.
 
"Chanyeol" Said male chuckled, bringing the two pups that where blending in with Baekhyun's fur down from his mates back and placing them beside himself again.
 
"Hey Baek, I found them!" Baekhyun lowered his head back down onto his front legs, trusting Chanyeol enough with the pups on his own while he tried to sleep.
 
"Chanyeol, never change" 
 
...................................................................................
 
"Kai, don't muck them about too much" Kai was forever picking up the two red pups, putting them in different places either on himself or on Kyungsoo, liking the way they stood out on his fur but blended in with the smaller wolf's.
 
"I can't help it, they're so small" One of the pups was climbing over Kai's muzzle, trying to go back to Kyungsoo.
 
"Can I name them? Please?" Kyungsoo sighed but nodded his head anyway, "Go ahead"
 
"Right, girls or boys?" 
 
"Girls" Kai thought for a second, the pups were now identified as girls and he had to stop himself from letting out a squeal and possibly scaring Kyungsoo and the other two occupants withing the den.
 
"Okay, the one on my nose will be called Dasom" The little pup now named Dasom slipped off his nose, whining loudly as she did so. Kyungsoo used his front paw to bring the pup back to himself and to stop Kai from moving her around anymore.
 
"And the one sleeping on you will be Ara" Kyungsoo tilted his head as he looked at Kai, really liking the names he had chosen for their pups.
 
"Kai, those are really nice names, I like them" The brown wolf grinned, feeling proud with himself that he had managed to pick names that Kyungsoo liked, glad that he went with those ones for their red bundles of fur.
 
"I wonder what Suho's will be, girls or boys" Kyungsoo voiced his thoughts out into the small space, silence following and becoming surprised when he saw that Kai had fallen asleep.
 
Kyungsoo had met the similar coloured wolf when Lay came to visit, checking on them multiple times during their pregnancies. He had gotten to know Suho rather well and could easily say he had become one of his close friends.
 
If he and the other three hadn't joined with Heliotrope and they came across Suho, he would have been accepted within the small group quickly seeing as though the shiny red wolf gets along with all of them so well.
 
"Whatever he has, I know he will be happy"
 
...................................................................................
 
"Suho, I'll be outside if you need me, okay" Suho nodded, a little worried that he was going to be left alone while giving birth but he was going to let Lay go anyway. He had started to pant a lot and Lay could tell it wouldn't be long before they both would get to see their pups.
 
"Okay, I'll do my best" Lay gave one last to the red wolf's nose before leaving the small den and giving his mate some privacy.
 
Suho spent at least twenty minutes just laying on the muddy floor of the birthing den they had created a few weeks before just trying to be as calm as possible, stressing himself out would do him no favours during this situation.
 
Another ten minutes passed before the first pup was out, light brown fur being seen once Suho cleaned the pup up and brought it close to himself.
 
Within the hour, Suho felt that another was coming out and just as quickly as the first, another small pup was welcomed into the world. Suho clean the pup and immediately noticed something was wrong, something that he never thought would happen.
 
The pup wasn't moving and no sounds were leaving its little body.
 
Suho panicked, continuously nudging and the brown pup to get it to do a something, anything.
 
"Lay!" Suho called out to the larger wolf, feeling his heartbeat racing and mind running a hundred miles an hour, "Lay! You need to come here!"
 
Lay came down the entrance to the den quickly, mud shooting everywhere with every step he took on the way down. Suho looked at him with worry laced eyes, them shining brightly with water even though there was no light within the den.
 
Lay saw the pup lying on the ground by Suho's front paws, lifeless. He immediately started to at the newly born pup, trying to regulate the flow of blood and trying to get it to breath with the circle motions he was making with his tongue.
 
"Lay..." Suho watched as Lay tried his hardest to get the pup to respond, forgetting about the one that was born a bit before the second, unresponsive pup.
 
Lay moved his head back, looking at the tiny pup lying on the mud with sad eyes. The pup looked just him, it had his coat colour and Lay didn't know what to do. He had tried his best but it wasn't good enough.
 
"I'm sorry, Suho" Lay looked away from the pup to Suho who was fidgeting, not understanding what he had said.
 
"Lay? Why are you sorry?! Why isn't it moving?!" Suho nudged the pup for what felt like the hundreth time, still getting no response. Saying that Suho was scared was an understatement, he was supposed to be happy with his new family but he felt like crying. 
 
"Suho, the pup didn't make it, I'm sorry" Suho blinked a few times, Lay's head rubbing against his own, trying to comfort the red wolf.
 
"I-it didn't make it?" Suho didn't want to believe what he was hearing, this wasn't happening, "No, th-that's not possible, t-try harder!" Suho shouted the last two words at Lay and immediately shrunk back once he realised his mistake.
 
"S-sorry..." Suho whispered so quietly that Lay almost didn't hear it, the red wolf's ears pinned to the back of his head and his eyes glued to the brown wolf's form.
 
"Suho, it's okay. You tried your best, he just wasn't meant to be on earth with us" Suho's ears slowly came back forward, eyes trailing down and focusing on the still pup, feeling his other one wiggling on him and starting to whine.
 
"He's in a better place, Suho" Suho watched with wide eyes as Lay picked up the pup, turning to leave with it.
 
"Wh-where are you going?!" Lay placed the pup down gently on his front paw, turning his head to look back at Suho, "'I'm going to go bury him, I'll be right back" Lay left the den, Suho staring at the spot the larger wolf was just in and trying to process what just happened.
 
He'd lost a pup.
 
They had lost a pup.
 
Suho was brought out of his thoughts by the loud whining coming from his first pup, wondering to himself how he hadn't heard the noise before. It was pretty loud.
 
"Puppy, it's okay, I'm not going to let anything happen to you" Suho curled himself up, the little bundle of light brown fur ling and quieting down.
 
Lay came back down into the birthing den, nose muddy and eyes still sad from earlier. Suho lifted his head, the dominant wolf laying down in front of him and looking down at the small pup, exactly the same colour as himself as well.
 
And the same colour as the pup that didn't make it.
 
"Lay, you name him, it's a boy" Lay could hear the sadness in his mates voice, feeling defeated with the situation and that he couldn't bring the pup back to life.
 
"Um, I don't really mind, you choose" 
 
"Lay, just pick" With a huff the light brown wolf stared at the sleeping pup, thinking of what to call him. After a while though, Lay had decided and voiced out the name.
 
"Jongdae, lets name him Jongdae" Suho nodded at the name, he would have agreed to any name that Lay picked as long as it wasn't something stupid. But Suho knew Lay wouldn't try to pull anything, especially not right now.
 
"Okay, puppy Jongdae, mummy and daddy love you very much" Suho whispered to the pup that was only a few hours old, voice cracking at the end of his sentence.
 
"That's right, and we will take care of you" Lay moved closer to Suho, trapping the pup between himself and the smaller red wolf, making eye contact with him.
 
"And I'll take care of you"
 
...................................................................................
 
So, how many hearts did I break? Making one of Sulay's pups die?
 
I'm super sorry but I just had too! I've been thinking about it for ages and I know I shouldn't have but I kind of wanted one of them to die, oh god I'm terrible, forgive me.
 
It was hard choosing names for the pups and took a while for me to choose, I really like the name Dasom though, like sistar's maknae and I like the name Minah too like the one from girls day, but I'm not a fan I just like the name :)
 
Bye bye
 
PrettyDeadRose11