So Close

Heliotrope

"Lay, you need to eat something, it's not good for you if you don't eat" Baekhyun at the pups, head tilting to the side as he stared down at them, "I'll look after Suho while you're not here" 

"No, look what happened when I wasn't looking after him" Lay was leaning against the wall, Suho sitting next to him asleep, head resting on his shoulder and a fur pelt wrapped around him. Yuri had come just in time and given Suho some of her strengh like she had done the last time, saving his life for the second time.

"This is all my fault"

Baekhyun sighed.

"Lay, don't be so hard on yourself, there's something going on and I hope that when Suho wakes up, he can tell us who attacked him" Lay hummed, fingers threading through dirty blood splattered hair, "I said I would take care of him but he always gets hurt" Lay felt the tears in his eyes, trying to will them away.

"I'm trying to protect him, I really am" Lay lowered his head, crying once again, "S-Suho's my mate b-but I let him down..." Baekhyun whined, standing up and shaking himself off, pups wiggling on the dried grass and leaves.

"Lay" Baekhyun at the said males face, erasing the tears on his cheeks, "Don't cry, you have to be strong for him, if you are weak then he'll pick up on that" Lay sniffled, thinking back to what the red head had said a few months back, after he had just given birth to Minjae.

"You have to be strong for me Lay, I know it's asking a lot but you were the only reason I wanted to continue living and if you are not strong then I can't be strong either"

"Okay, I'll try to be strong for Suho"

...................................................................................

"Hey! Shut up!" The wolf walked up to the two wolves making all the noise, growling at them, "No one wants to hear that!" He walked through the barrier with ease, the two occupants backing up as he advanced on them.

"Now, since my pup is in good hands there's no need for him to come back with me, I'll just take him back later" The wolf looked at Tao, the pitch black wolf snarling at him in defence.

"But that doesn't mean I don't still want a female" A grin made its way to his muzzle, his neck stretching out and trying to sniff the only submissive female in the cave, "You don't smell all that nice, like blood and dead animals" Tao had been backed up to the wall.

"Well what do you expect?! I'm the alpha female! Not some useless wolf that does nothing all day!" Tao yelped as he was pushed to the ground, the wolf on top of him, snarling at him, "Turn back!" The wolf bit at Tao's neck, earning himself two paws pushing at his face, claws scratching him, "Turn back right now!"

"No!" Tao struggled with the wolf, it larger than him but still he didn't want to give up, "Get off! Let me go!" The third wolf within the cave was sat in the corner watching the two with wide eyes. He finally made his move.

"Hey, he doesn't like that, you should stop" The wolf stepped off Tao, turning to the now standing grey wolf in the corner, "You shouldn't force him to do what you want" 

"Who are you to tell me what to do?! You're lucky I haven't killed you yet!" The wolf barked, wind rushing and colliding with the wolf he had taken hostage first, "Kept your filthy self in the corner unless you want a beating!" The wolf stood up and shook himself before he ran at the other.

"Don't make me laugh" The running wolf was hit again by a sudden burst of wind, it making him roll over by the entrance of the cave, "You're becoming a nuisance, go outside why I get him to submit to me" The wolf tried to stand up again, only to be surrounded by wind, a slight tingling sensation being felt throughout his body.

Everything suddenly became a lot brighter and the wolf became confused for a second before he realised he was outside, he was no longer trapped inside the cave and was free to run away. 

"H-hey! Let him go as well" The grey wolf walked up and down the caves entrance, not wanting to re enter because he knew the barrier was still there, he felt it slightly as he was pushed through, the pain probably being less felt because of the wind around him.

"I'm not stupid, with you gone and not able to get back in, I'll have no one trying to stop me!" The white wolf laughed, Tao pressed up against the wall of the cave, snarling at him.

"Be nice, just submit to me baby and then we can get to the good part" Tao snapped his jaws as the unknown wolf approaching him again, jaws sealing around his neck and pushing him onto the ground for the second time, "Be a good boy and I'll reward you, I'll let you go afterwards" Tao didn't believe a word he said, he wouldn't be let go of afterwards, he knew he wouldn't.

"Your mate shouldn't let a pretty wolf such as yourself out alone, someone might take you" The wolf snickered, Tao bitting upwards and at his nose, "I'm not useless! I can go out and do whatever I please! I am the alpha female!"

"More like a stubborn omega" Tao gasped at the words, how dare he! "Poor baby omega, do you want to reach the same fate as your pack mate, hmm?" The wolf climbed all over Tao, successfully clamping his jaws around his furry neck again, biting down on it.

He released after a few seconds.

"He was bright red, such a beautiful colour, it's a shame he was such a bad female or he'd be in your place right about now, submitting to me like you should be" Tao whined as the jaws bit back down harshly, making him thrash about and want to get free.

The wolf wouldn't let go though, no matter how hard Tao tried, he just couldn't escape and was soon laying on the cold hard floor, in human form with blood running from his neck.

"There, that wasn't so hard" Tao tried pushing the other away but his hands were grabbed quickly, a whine leaving his throat, "Don't fight it, you'll enjoy it, it's a promise" Tao kept his knees locked together, legs kicking upwards at the male who had obviously changed as well.

"L-let me go! No! Stop it!" 

"Shh, be quiet" Tao did no such thing, both hands now pinned above his head with one hand, the other trying to pry open his legs, "Just pretend that it's your mate, the stupid alpha mating with you" The white haired male growled in Tao's ear who was trying his hardest not to let his tears fall, he didn't want to show any weakness in front of this wolf.

"A-alpha would have stopped by now! You're nothing but a dirty animal!" Tao shivered as a tongue ran up his neck, away the blood from his wounds, feeling himself get dizzy headed.

The wolf had bitten down pretty hard and this feeling was all too familiar for him, the horrid feeling or blood oozing out of himself, unable to do anying about it.

"You have two choices" Tao was still struggling and he could hear the male hovering over him laugh at his pathetic tries, right in his face, "Either you submit and we do this the easy way or you continue to struggle and I'll be forced to hold you down the entire time" Tao bit his lip, eyes open slightly and glaring up at the white haired male.

"Neither! Let me go! You're not mating with me, I already have a mate!" Tao's heart started beating faster as the male was finally able to pull his knees apart, them being too much for Tao to hold together anymore.

He was losing his strength because of his neck injury.

"How do you want it, rough or slow?" Tao whimpered and his legs started trembling as the male got comfortable between them, teeth nipping at his ear, "Oh, what was that? Rough you say?" Tao squeezed his eyes shut, wriggling on the ground and still trying to get free but it was completely useless.

"Okay, rough it is then"

...................................................................................

The wolf outside the cave had watched the whole scene, whining to himself at the event taking place. He knew what was going to happen and his brain was working over time to think of a way to stop it.

He whined louder as the white haired male finally got the others legs to part, feeling himself get even more fidgety. He turned back, standing and staring into the eyes of the alpha female laying helplessly on the ground of the cave. He could see the tears in them but they didn't fall.

"H-hey!" He picked up a stone and threw it, it hitting its target on the side, successfully making him look in his direction, "S-stop it!" He continued to pick up little pieces of rock with shaky fingers, throwing them at the offending white haired male.

"Yah! Just go away!" The male got up, parting himself form Tao, hearing a shaky breath of relief come from the one on his back. He looked back down at him, smirking, "Don't worry baby, I'll come back after I take care of him and we'll finish what we started" The wolf leaned down, Tao turning his head to the side, the kiss directed at his lips landing on his cheek instead.

"So difficult but I'll make you submit, most definitely" Another rock was thrown his way, hitting him on the head hard, a curse flying pass his lips. He stood up, turning into his wolf form, the other male on the other side of the barrier doing the same.

"You're going to regret ever doing that!" He ran forward, going straight through his electric barrier and straight after the grey wolf, chasing him, the two of them quickly leaving the scene.

Tao sat up, shaking as he finally let the tears slide down his cheeks, that was so close, too damn close and he couldn't help the loud sobs that left him at what could have been happening if that other wolf hadn't intervened. 

He leaned against the hard wall, pulling his legs to his chest and wrapping his arms around them, head resting on his knees. He stared out at the forest from his holding place, vision blurry because of all the tears.

He hoped with all his might that the grey wolf wouldn't get caught and that the other unknown wolf wouldn't come back.

But most of all he hoped that he would be found.

...................................................................................

The grey wolf stopped, his running coming to a halt so he could look behind himself. The white wolf wasn't chasing him anymore, he'd disappeared and this left him completely and utterly confused.

He tried to see if he could get a wiff of the other wolf's scent but failed, he couldn't smell any other wolves nearby. He decided it might be best to go back to the cave, see if the wolf had gone back, he hoped he hadn't, he didn't want anything to happen to the black wolf.

After a while of trying to navigate back the way he came, he was outside the cave once again.

It was silent.

"Has he come back?" He walked up to the entrance, careful of the boundary, eyes scanning over the dark haired males curled up form at the side of the cave, "Has he?" He sat down, head tilting to the side as he waited for an answer.

"No" 

"Okay" He could hear the shakiness in the others voice, knew he was trying to keep it together, "Where's your pack located? I can tell them where you are" Tao sniffled, hands wiping at his face and a heavy sigh emitting from him.

"I-I don't know" He whined, the alpha female turning his head to look at him, "I don't know where I am..." He nodded, choosing to lay down instead of sitting.

"I'll stay here then, I'll protect you when he comes back" Tao his lips, eyebrows creasing, "You're not my mate, you don't have to protect me, you can just leave if you want to" Tao couldn't stop the words leaving him, he was saying the opposite of what he wanted the wolf to do.

Tao didn't want him to leave, he wanted him to stay so that he wasn't alone, so that he had someone that was willing to protect him, even though he'd prefer it if it was alpha.

"It's fine, I'll protect you"

But alpha wasn't here so Tao accepted the grey wolf as his protector for now.

..................................................................................

Luhan ran through the trees, Sehun right next to him and brushing up against him, tongue hanging out the side of his mouth. They separated, going around the tree in front of them before coming back together, running at the same speed as one another.

They came to the river, jumping straight into it and creating a large splash. Both their heads went under, breaking the surface and coming up for air straight after.

"Luhannie!" Luhan felt his head go back under the water, Sehun putting his paws on him and pushing him under. He popped back up, nipping at the younger wolf who was obviously enjoying their play time together in the rivers cool water.

"Sehunnie! Stop!" Luhan tried to doggy paddle away from the hyper wolf but was being pulled back by the hold on his tail, jaws sealed gently around it, "Stop it!" Luhan didn't sound all to serious, he was on the verge of laughing and the white wolf could easily tell.

"Is Luhannie too old to play?" Luhan growled a little, turning around in the water, jaws open and aiming right for his mate, "Sehun! Who are you calling old?! Huh!" Sehun yelped as he was pushed under this time, paws on his front and teeth nipping at his ears.

Luhan pulled away, puffing away as he moved away from the younger and back towards dry land. Sehun followed, having calmed down a little bit from the rough play fighting.

Luhan yelped in shock as paws landed on his back, teeth lightly scraping against his back, "Sehun" Luhan whined, turning his head to look back at the said male, "Get off, you're heavy" Luhan tried to turn around fully so that Sehun would slip off his back but the larger just moved with him, back feet hoping so that his front legs could stay firmly situated on his mates back.

"Luhan, stop moving" Luhan didn't listen, he didn't want Sehun climbing all over him, he wanted to be free from the heavy body weighing him down.

"Well, what do we have here?" Luhan halted his movements, eyes going in the direction of the unfamiliar voice, "It's a bit late for mating isn't it? It's already pups season afterall" Sehun slid off Luhan's wet back, lips curling up into a snarl.

"Calm down eh?" The wolf snickered, sitting down on its side of the river, "I ain't looking for no weak female" Luhan's head tilted to the side, eyes going to Sehun, hearing low grumbles come from his chest.

"Go away" Sehun stepped closer to the river, baring his teeth at the nameless wolf, "Or I'll kill you" The wolf laughed loudly, Luhan's ears going back and Sehun's twitching at the sudden sound.

"You, kill me? You must be joking" The wolf stepped into the river, Sehun backing up a little in surprise but soon regaining his confidence and standing his ground in front of Luhan.

"What are you doing?!" Sehun snapped at the wolf swimming towards his side of the river, this wolf was about to intrude into Heliotrope's territory, "You'll be intruding into Heliotrope's territory" Sehun walked forward, ready for when the wolf decided to climb out of the water fully.

"Wouldn't be the first" Sehun jumped on the wolf as he stepped out of the river, Luhan's ears pinned flat against his head and eyes watching the two same coloured wolves start to fight with one another.

Luhan whined and he fidgeted on the spot, not sure if he should intervene or not.

"Wolves like you shouldn't have mates, such a low ranking wolf, worthless really" Sehun was pushed to the ground with a thump, his jaw and the unknown wolf's clashing as he tried to fend off the incoming bites.

All of a sudden it stopped, the weight lifted off him, leaving him confused. He quickly stood up, hearing the high pitched yelp that sounded through the air.

Luhan was on the ground, the wolf on top of him.

"Hey!" Sehun rushed over to the two and bumped into the white wolf, successfully pushing him to the ground and off Luhan, "You shouldn't attack females! It's not nice!" The wolf snarled and bit Sehun on the nose, earning a yelp from him as well.

They tumbled on the ground, Luhan's whines fading into the distance as their growls and the snapping of jaws filled the air. After a while they separated, Sehun walking forward as to try and get the other to go away.

It worked but the wolf didn't run across the river and back to his side of the river, he ran into the trees, leaving the pair in shock. Once he came back to reality, Sehun was running after the white wolf, Luhan trailing behind him as well.

The wolf jumped into the clearing, scaring the three sitting in the middle of it. Sehun caught up to the nameless wolf before he had the chance to attack anyone and jumped on him, the two tumbling on the ground once again.

"What is going on?!" Kris stepped out of his cave and down the rocks, body still covered in dry blood, "Stop making such a racket!" Kris growled when he saw the two wolves fighting, identifying one as Sehun but not knowing who the one the omega was fighting with was.

"Alpha! That wolf attacked us!" Kris raised an eyebrow and quickly changed, the two wolves backing away from one another as the larger made its way towards them.

"Don't even think about it, you kill me and I won't be able to tell you where the missing member of your pack is" Kris' ear twitched at the words, a growl leaving him, "He's a real difficult female, doesn't like to submit" Kris heard the teasing tone in the unknown wolf's voice, it agitating him.

"If it wasn't for that other wolf stopping me" Kris was walking forward, backing the smaller up but he didn't seem fazed, the alpha could clearly see and hear that he was enjoying this, "I would have mated with him" That was all it took for Kris to snap, to lose it, launching himself at the white wolf and sealing his jaws around his neck instantly.

The wolf whined and yelped, paws pushing and claws scraping at the large wolf's face in an attempt to get away from the jaws, "H-hey! Y-you can't kill me! I-I'm the only one who knows w-where he is!" The words fell on deaf ears, Kris clamping down harder, head shaking side to side, really wanting the one below him to shut up.

The wolf went limp but Kris was still attacking, mutilating its body more even though he had clearly been killed.

"Alpha..." Chanyeol spoke up, having watched the scene from the main caves entrance, "He's dead, what about alpha female?" Kris opened his jaws, the wolf falling to the floor with a flomp.

"I'll have to go and search for him" Kris trod on the still wolf, bones cracking under the heavy weight of his paws. Those that were in the clearing watching had been reminded why he was alpha, been shown what he was capable of doing, "Baby wolf needs to come home"

"But we don't know where he is" Kris growled at the beta, successfully making him shut his mouth, ears going back, "This is most probably the wolf that attacked Suho, maybe he knows where Tao is" Kris jogged over to Chanyeol, going straight past him and into the main cave.

Baekhyun glanced up at the alpha as he entered the cave, he'd heard the commotion outside, the fighting.

"When will Suho wake up" Baekhyun at his nose, the statement not sounding anything like a question at all, more like a demand, "He needs to tell me where Tao is, he might know" 

"W-what if he doesn't..." Kris growled at Baekhyun, making the purple wolf shrink back. Lay spoke up, "You found Suho by the river right? Maybe you should cross it, alpha female's probably not in Heliotrope's territory" Lay didn't make eye contact with the blond wolf, he was too busy cradling Suho's sleeping form closer to himself, fingers brushing through dirty hair.

"I doubt you'll have any problem killing off anyone that stands in your way, it is your mate we're talking about after all" Kris huffed, turning away from those within the main cave and leaving.

"Chanyeol, you're coming with me, so are you Kai" Chanyeol tilted his head to the side, speaking up at the decision, "But I have to stay here and look after Baekhyun and the pup..." Chanyeol was met with dark angry eyes, a whine leaving him as he realised there was no point in trying to argue, Kris would get his own way in the end anyway since he is the alpha.

"Where are we going alpha?" Kai jogged alongside the blond wolf, ears flicking around at the deep growls emitting from the alphas chest, "We're going across the river"

"But that's not Heliotrope's territory, we'll be intruding on someone's else's ground" Chanyeol was on the other side of the alpha, adding his thoughts to the situation.

"Don't you think I already know that?! Tao's most likey not in Helitrope's territory, he's somewhere out there" Kris stared at the trees, they were at the river and were stepping into it, the water rising up around their furred body's.

"I'll find you baby wolf, just wait a little longer"

...................................................................................

Been just over two weeks since I updated, wow, doesn't seem that long ago but time sure does fly~

The wolf is dead, yes, but now they have to find Tao without him. Will they find him? Tune in next time to find out ;)

Suho's okay, Yuri checked him over and gave him some of her strengh but he hasn't woken up yet, he still needs to rest because he was badly injured :((

And I started two new fics, a KrisChanSoo ----> https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/624538/well-combination-pwp---chansoo-chanyeol-kyungsoo-krisoo

And a Baekyeol which will be updated soon, I just have to check the chapter ----> https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/631439/burning-oneshot-exo-baekhyun-chanyeol-baekyeol

Byebye!

PrettyDeadRose11