That Thing

Heliotrope

Beginning of march

"Chanyeol, I swear to god I'm going to murder you" Baekhyun glared up at the chocolate wolf, hearing him whine continuously, "I can't believe you put it in" Baekhyun paced back and forth within the cave, Chanyeol's eyes watching his mates restlessness.
 
"Baek, we've already gone through this a hundred times. You wouldn't take no for an answer and was literally begging me to put it in" Baekhyun stopped walking to glare at the larger wolf.
 
"It's your own fault Baekhyun, but you need to relax cause you're about to give birth" Beakhyun huffed but layed down anyway, "Thank god it's only one, if I was having three like last time you'd be so dead by now, Chanyeol" Chanyeol steeped closer to the panting purple wolf, hearing him growl a little.
 
"But then who would look after you and the puppy?" Baekhyun sighed, shifting on the fur pelts that had been layed out, ready for him to give birth on. 
 
"Everyone would look after me and the puppy" Chanyeol whined some more, tongue coming out to at his nose, "Baek, don't brush me off like that, I'm sorry" Chanyeol gave up, laying down in front of the smaller and at his muzzle.
 
"Baekhyun, don't be mad at me please, I'm really happy you're having another pup, I really do want more with you" Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol, eyes softening a bit.
 
"No, it's my own fault, Chanyeol. I was being difficult and I'm sorry for complaining so much lately" Baekhyun looked away, whimpering when he felt that the pup was coming.
 
"Chanyeol..." Baekhyun whispered, "I-I think it's coming, Chanyeol..." Said male made himself comfortable on the fur pelts in front of Baekhyun, watching the open jaws take in and release air quickly.
 
"It's okay Baekhyun, it'll be over soon" Chanyeol rubbed his face over the smallers neck and whined softly, "Do you want me to leave?" Baekhyun shook his head, Chanyeol's own moving off soft purple fur.
 
"N-no, you can stay if you like, I d-don't mind" Baekhyun shuffled closer to the larger, head low and wanting comfort from the one who made him like this, "Baek, you're so cute" Chanyeol at the top of Baekhyun's head, feeling a paw pat at him, nails scrapping against him gently.
 
"C-Chanyeol..." Baekhyun closed his eyes as the pup entered the world, Chanyeol's head rubbing against his. Baekhyun moved his head away, cleaning and gathering the pup up, Chanyeol watching with interest.
 
"Done, it's over" Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol, cradling the little purple pup close to himself, letting it feed for the first time, "One more to add to the family" Chanyeol grinned, teeth showing and tail moving side to side a bit behind him, cleaning the floor of the cave.
 
"It's another little Baekhyunnie!" Chanyeol's ears were perked right up, head tilting side to side as he stared down at the tiny pup, "Chanyeol, calm down" Chanyeol placed his head on the fur pelts, nose right in front of their newborn.
 
"It's cute Baek, really cute just like the others" Chanyeol stuck his tongue out, the pup for the first time, "I'm glad I gave in and mated with you Baek, otherwise we wouldn't have this little puppy to look after" Baekhyun hummed in agreement, deciding that it was okay because now they had another pup to care for.
 
"Yeah, puppy Minjae is so cute"
 
...................................................................................
 
Suho was down by the river, kneeling in the water near the edge, cleaning himself and enjoying the quietness of the forest around him. His little Xinggie was growing up fast and was already four months old, almost old enough to turn and Suho couldn't wait to see what his baby looked like as a human. 
 
"I bet Xinggie's going to be so beautiful..." Suho trailed off as his fingers played with the clear water, "I really can't wait much longer..." Suho's eyes darted up from the water as he heard a quiet noise, it muffled and making his hand freeze.
 
He looked around himself, not seeing anyone there. Confused, he sat still, waiting and listening out for the noise. Suho creased his eyebrows when he heard it again, ears straining so at he could confirm what exactly was making the quiet whines.
 
Something caught his eye at the other side of the river, a pile of leaves moving about. Suho slowly stood up, head moving to try and see what this thing was.
 
"What..." Suho walked a little closer, going across the river and the water getting higher up his legs as he did so, "...is making such a weird sound..." Suho hesitated when he got to the river bank, this side didn't belong to Heliotrope, if he stepped in this part of the forest he'd be intruding on someone else's territory.
 
The noise was loud now that Suho was closer, it high pitched and making his eyes wide, it finally clicking in his brain at what was making all these distressed sounds.
 
"Oh my..." Suho looked at the pile of leaves moving, stepping out of the river and not giving a second thought about the consequences of going into another wolves territory. He crouched down by the leaves, shaky fingers brushing them away to reveal exactly what he had guessed it was. 
 
Suho stared down at the pup in shock, even though he was expecting to see one as he was removing the leaves, it still didn't make his finding any less surprising.
 
"What are you doing all the way out here...?" Suho touched the light pink pup, it squirming around and the whines extra loud for Suho's ears, the pup raising its voice because it knew that someone was there.
 
"I-I can't just leave you here..." Suho bit his lip, eyes looking around himself and into the unknown part of the forest, wondering if someone had left the pup here on purpose or if it was by accident.
 
"Y-you're mine now okay? Shh, I know okay, puppy is hungry and cold" Suho lifted the pup of the leaves, feeling how cold it was on the palms of his hands, "Shh, Suho will make you nice and warm again so don't make anymore horrible sounds" Suho held the pup close to his chest, walking back into the river and going back to the correct side, back into Heliotrope's territory.
 
"Puppy, you're so small..." Suho placed the pup on the grass as he put his fur pelt on, scooping it back up after only a few seconds, "I'm going to give you to Baekhyun, he'll make you all better hopefully" Suho rushed back to the clearing, the pup having quietened down and sleeping against his chest, it being warmed up.
 
"Lay!" Suho fast walked over to his mate who was sitting outside the main cave, watching Xing play with the alphas two pups along with Minsun, Minah and Dasom, "What is it Suho? You were gone a long time" Suho kneeled down beside the brunet, opening his fur pelt and showing the other his finding.
 
"Suho...where did you find that?" Lay creased his eyebrows as he looked at the light pink pup, "On the other side of the river, it was making such a racket and I couldn't just leave it there!" Lay took his eyes off the pup and stared at the red head.
 
"Suho, you shouldn't wander off into someone else's territory" Suho pouted, placing his hands on his lap, the pup curled up on his palms, "B-but the pup..." Lay sighed, taking the pup from Suho's hands, "There's something off about this pup, Suho you shouldn't have picked it up" Suho opened his mouth at the words leaving Lay.
 
Suho thought that Lay loved pups just as much as he did and would accept the pup even if he had just found it outside of their territory, but Lay was acting like what he'd done was a mistake, like it was wrong.
 
"See Suho, look" Lay lifted the pup up, fingers poking gently at its eyes, "It's blind Suho" Suho creased his eyebrows, taking the pup back from Lay, "Yeah, so? All pups are born blind Lay, everyone knows that" Suho the tiny pup, feeling a smile grow on his face.
 
"No, I mean it's blind, as in it won't ever see Suho, that's probably why it was left where you found it" Suho darted his eyes up to look at his mate, "The pup was most likely abandoned by its mother because she knew something was wrong with it" Suho his lips, eyes still focused on Lay.
 
"Suho, you shouldn't keep it..." Lay was saying this because he really thought the pup wasn't going to make it, he thought it was going to die and he didn't want Suho to get attached to it just for it die on him. On them.
 
"Lay, what are you saying? I want to look after the puppy" Lay sighed, prying the pup out of Suho's hands again and standing up, the red head doing the same and looking at him with wide eyes, "I'll go put it in the forest Suho, you can't have the pup" Suho's mouth fell open, hands grabbing onto Lay's arm to stop him from walking away.
 
"No! Lay, you can't take it away from me!" Suho tried to take the pup from Lay's hands but the taller moved them out of the way, "Give me the puppy back, Lay!" Suho started breathing heavily, tears streaming down his face because Lay was going to take the pup away from him.
 
Lay bit his lip, heart hurting at the way Suho looked, feeling guilty because he was the one that had caused the tears on his mates pretty face.
 
"Suho..." Said male flinched at the hand being placed on his cheek, Lay frowning at the reaction he got, "Suho, it's for the best" Suho shook his head, glaring up at Lay, the taller becoming shocked at the look he was given. It was the first time Suho had given him such an expression.
 
"Lay, you take the puppy away from me and I won't be very happy with you" Suho his lips as he stood up to the dominant male for the first time without shrinking back and regretting his decision to voice out how he felt.
 
"If you don't give me the puppy, I'll never forgive you, Lay" Suho concentrated on giving the brunet a harsh look, not wanting it to falter even a little bit, "I'll hate you if you leave it in the forest to die Lay, I'll be glad that I can't have anymore pups because I wouldn't want anymore with someone as mean as you!" Suho shouted the last part, tears still running down his cheeks. Lay looked at him with a sad expression on his face.
 
"Suho...don't say such mean things to me, I love you and I don't want you to be upset" Suho huffed, arms crossing over his chest, "Don't want me to be upset? Well it's a bit late for that since I'm already crying, Lay" Suho's eyes darted down to the pup whining and wiggling in the tallers hands, Lay noticing the way his gaze softened, if only for a second.
 
"Lay...please give me the pup" Suho shifted on the spot, feeling bad for shouting at Lay a minute ago, "Please Lay, just give it back" Lay gave in, handing the pup back to his mate, watching Suho's eyes light up as he took ahold of the pup and brought it close to his chest.
 
"Thank you, Lay" Suho spoke quietly, peeking up at said male before quickly rushing into the main cave, leaving a deflated Lay to lean against the stone of the caves entrance.
 
...................................................................................
 
Suho kneeled down in front of the sleeping Baekhyun, lowering the whining light pink pup down beside the purple one, Baekhyun's pup being slightly larger.
 
"Puppy...do you want to feed? Are you hungry?" The pup starting ling and Suho couldn't help the wide smile on his face, "Urg...wh...Suho?" Baekhyun awoke and lifted his head up lazily, yawning as he shook it.
 
"Baekhyun, look" Baekhyun followed Suho's gaze, eyes widened when he saw the unfamiliar pup next to his own, ling from him, "Suho...what is that?" Suho gasped at the words, fingers touching the pale fur on the pups back.
 
"It's a puppy Baekhyun, you need to let it le from you to get stronger" Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at the pup, standing up and stopping it from ling, it wiggling next to his own one.
 
"Baekhyun! It wasn't finished!" Suho scooped up the pup, cradling it in his hands. Baekhyun settled back down again and brought  his own pup closer to himself, "I don't like that pup Suho, there's something weird about it" Baekhyun moved his head back, Suho cooing at the pup in his hands.
 
"Lay said that it's blind and that I should put it back where I found it, but I don't want to" Suho looked at Baekhyun, eyes sad, "Baekhyun, I don't want the little puppy to die, it can't feed from me because Xing eats meat now and...and..." Suho started crying again, the pup beside his neck as he cuddled it closer.
 
"I-I just want to be happy Baekhyun, I can't have anymore so w-when I found him, I was shocked but I was also really happy cause now I have a chance to raise another puppy. Baekhyun, y-you can't take him away from me because you don't like him" Suho swallowed, the purple wolf letting out a long whine.
 
"H-he's mine but he needs to feed and I can't do that, Baekhyun, please..." Baekhyun his nose, moving his head forward to nudge at Suho's knee, "Suho, don't cry, I'll look after him for you okay? So please don't be upset anymore" Baekhyun knew that Suho must be hurting since he couldn't have anymore pups, but now with this one he could do what he does best and thats care for another life.
 
Baekhyun wasn't surprised that the red headed male didn't want it to be taken away from him.
 
"R-really?" Baekhyun nodded, watching Suho place the pup back down in front of him, letting it le again and this time not stopping it from doing so, "Even though I don't really like it, I'll put up with it for you Suho, because you deserve to be happy for as long as possible" Suho sniffled, hands going around the purple wolf's neck, hugging him tightly as a thank you.
 
"Thank you Baekhyun, thank you so much"
 
...................................................................................
 
"Have you seen it?" Tao turned to Kris, the blond giving a squeeze to his thigh. They were sitting cross legged in the entrance of their cave, looking out into the clearing, "Seen what baby wolf?" Tao sighed, watching the purple haired females fuss over his and Kris' Mei, smiling at the way the three of them got along well with one another.
 
"Suho found it by the river yesterday, he came and told me this morning he was keeping it" Kris creased his eyebrows, arm going over the smallers shoulders, "Found what baby wolf, you're being very vague" Tao his lips, eyes still focused on the three girls.
 
"A puppy" Kris' eyes widened, Tao becoming stiff with the sudden growl that left the alphas throat, "Alpha?" Tao turned to Kris, seeing the furrowed eyebrows and the frown set on his face.
 
"Suho wants to take care of it so I'm letting him, it's very sickly though, he said it's blind" Kris suddenly got up, Tao quickly picking himself up as well and following the blond down the rocks leading up to their cave.
 
"Kris! Where are you going?!" Tao followed the alpha, eyes wide and confused at the sudden change in his mates behaviour, "Kris! You can't be in here!" Tao grabbed onto his mates arm, trying to stop him from walking over to the two females and the pups at the end of the cave.
 
"A-alpha?' Baekhyun his nose as the alpha marched forward, Tao clinging onto his arm, not really doing much to stop the tall male, "W-what's wrong...?' Kris stared at the red wolf, Suho's ears pressed flat against his head and front feet pawing at the ground.
 
"I let you stay here and this is how you repay me?" Suho's eyes darted around, the whines leaving him not stopping, "You bring that horrid thing into my territory and expect me to be okay with it?!" Kris crouched down, hand pushing Baekhyun's head away from the two pups, picking up the pink one.
 
"N-no! G-give it back!" Suho turned back to his human self and stood up, swallowing when the alpha glared down at him, "Are you giving me orders?! I'm the one in charge and this thing is not apart of the pack so I'm getting rid of it" All three males gasped at the words the alpha was saying, tears streaming down Suho's cheeks.
 
"Alpha! Please! No!" Suho shook his head, "Don't take him away from me!" Suho tried reaching out for the pup but Kris started leaving the cave, Tao and the shorter red head following him, both clearly distressed with the situation.
 
"Kris! What are you doing?! Give Suho the pup!" Tao reached out for the pup, Kris lifting it up in the air, away from prying hands, "No, I'm going to kill it" Tao's eyes widened and Suho fell onto the floor, hands on his face, crying his heart out.
 
"If some other wolf thinks that I'm gonna let its pup, a blind one at that be raised in my territory, it's got another thing coming" Tao heard the pup whine and wiggle, his eyebrows creasing.
 
"Kris! Don't you dare kill the pup or I'll...I'll..." Kris looked at Tao, growling at him, "Or you'll what Tao? Hmm?! It's not apart of Heliotrope and it needs to go" Tao swallowed, Suho's sobbing behind them being heard clearly.
 
"O-or I'll..." Kris continued to stare at the shorter, waiting for him to finish what he wanted to say, "Or I'll get Yuri to do the same thing she did to Suho so I won't ever get pregnant again, I mean it Kris" Tao saw the alphas eyes narrow, chest rumbling loudly.
 
"You wouldn't dare" Tao his lips, the alpha was in a really bad mood, "I would, Suho deserves to be happy and if he can't, then neither can you!" Tao shouted at the alpha, hand grabbing onto Kris' wrist and trying to pull his hands down.
 
"I know this pup is from another wolf but I don't care! Suho doesn't care either! Give it back or I'll never forgive you!" Tao held eye contact with the taller, Kris lowering his arms with a snarl. Tao took the pup from him quickly before rushing back over to Suho, not giving the alpha a second look.
 
Kris turned and watched the little reunion with a frown on his face, Suho taking the wiggling pup from Tao's hands and cradling it close to his chest, head lowered as he thanked the alpha female over and over again.
 
"Baby wo-" Kris was cut off, Tao's voice harsh, "Go away, I don't want to talk to you right now" Kris creased his eyebrows, walking up to Tao who had his back facing him, grabbing him by the arm and lifting him off the hard ground.
 
"Kris!" Tao whipped his head around to look at Kris, "Let to! You need to go away! This is Baekhyun's den and you should not be in here. Leave right now!" Tao moved away from the alpha, hands letting to of his arms.
 
"Suho's mothering instinct is very strong and he's keeping this pup, end of story" Tao crouched back down, back to Kris once again, "You don't understand what pups mean to some, even if it's not their own, Suho just wants to be happy and I'm not going you let you stop that from happening" Tao his lips, eyes focused on Suho's scared looking ones as the alpha growled at his words.
 
"Fine Tao, but it's your responsibility, I'm not going to have anything to do with it" Kris left the main cave, walking past Lay who stood outside, breathing out a sigh.
 
"Lay" Said male turned his head, the alpha staring at him, "Are you going to look after that thing with Suho?" Lay's gaze went to the grass of the clearing, "That thing should be put back where he found it but they want to keep it, unbelievable" 
 
"I'll support Suho in whatever decisions he makes cause he's my mate, even though I don't think the pup will live for much longer" Kris huffed, Lay lifting his gaze off the grass, "I understand Suho's longing and I just can't take the pup from him anymore, I just want to see his smiling face for as long as possible even though I know he's going to cry when it dies" Lay sniffled, the alphas stare harsh and making his eyes well up with water.
 
"I'm sorry but I love Suho and I'll take his side because I want to be a good mate, even if it means looking after a pup that's not ours"
 
...................................................................................
 
Hello~
 
Suho found a puppy~ A light pink one~ but it's blind :( I don't know what else to say but Kris doesn't like it because it's not one of Heliotrope's so it should go but Suho wants it sooo badly! 
 
Will the pup live or will it die? Only I know the answer. Find out in the next chapter, please wait patiently :)
 
Bye bye
 
PrettyDeadRose11