Decision

Heliotrope

A week passed from the birth of Jongdae and Suho was literally stuck to him, Lay had to on more than one occasion force him to leave the den to drink and just to stretch his legs. The red wolf was never gone for long though before entering the den again and letting his pup snuggle up to him just like before he left.

"Suho, I'm going to check on Heliotrope's pups, I'll be back later, okay?" Suho looked up at Lay, the larger wolf had become his rock this past week.

During his pregnancy with the light brown wolf's pups, Suho had grown close to Lay, he could even feel his feelings for him grown little by little every passing day. After mating Suho felt like he belonged with Lay, that he couldn't leave the dominant male, not that he wanted to anymore anyway.

"Okay, come back soon, I love you" Suho had attachment issues and Lay had given him all the attention he wanted and even some he thought he didn't deserve, wasn't good enough for.

It was good for him to be appreciated by someone, another telling him he was doing a good job and that he was fine the way he was, that he didn't have to change anything about himself.

Suho did love Lay, he wasn't lying, he had become really attached to the brown wolf and didn't know what he would do without him. If Lay left him he would literally die, that's how much he trusted and needed Lay, he just couldn't be without him.

He didn't want to be alone again.

Being without Lay scared him to no ends, he didn't want to be rejected for the second time in his life, not when he felt he had finally found a place where he belonged.

"Love you too, Suho" Lay his mate on the nose one last time and nuzzled the week old pup that was sleeping on Suho's bright fur before leaving the den.

Suho wouldn't deny that Lay made his heart flutter, mouth go dry and cheeks burn with every little thing he did. Lay was so caring, so thoughtful and sometimes Suho just wanted to cry because he always thought he wasn't good enough, but Lay had proved him wrong.

Lay was full of compliments, saying them so much to him that Suho had started believing them, he'd been beaten down in the past, told he wasn't good enough but here Lay was, telling him that he was perfect.

But to Suho, Lay was perfect, in every single way and Suho couldn't compete with him but he'd sure give it a try.

Because if Lay, the most perfect being Suho had ever had the pleasure of meeting said there was nothing he wanted to change about him and that he was perfect, then Suho was going to believe it.

...................................................................................

Lay walked to the closest den site, Baekhyun's and Kyungsoo's, having left his mate a while back to see Heliotrope's pups.

The dominant males outside protecting the den noticed his arrival, having smelt him closing in on the site a while ago. He walked up to them and saw the two wolves sit up, greeting him with a nod of the head.

"How are they doing? Everything going well?" Lay sat down in front of the two wolves, starting up a conversation.

"They're okay, Baekhyun's got a pup that's not doing as well as the other two though" Kai glanced over at the larger chocolate wolf, concerned with the pup that wasn't as big as the two purple pups.

"Yeah, little Minseokkie is still sort of small, I don't know what to do" Chanyeol sounded really nervous, hoping that Lay would help with the problem, he didn't want the little pup to get worse.

Or possibly die.

"Okay, I'll have a look. Can I go in?" Both wolves nodded, moving out the way and letting Lay go inside the den to check on their pups and their mates.

When the two inside the den saw who was coming down their eyes lit up, happy to see Lay was here to make sure that everything was going as well as it a should be going.

"Hello. How are you two feeling?" Lay sat down inbetween the two smaller wolves, looking back and forth at them.

"Good, Lay can you look over Minseokkie, he's poorly" Lay layed down, facing Baekhyun's three pups, the purple wolf pointing out Minseok for Lay with his nose.

"Okay, come here little puppy~" Lay gently nudged the pup that was next to the larger two with his nose, a thought immediately making its way into his head.

"How often does he le from you Baekhyun?" Lay met eyes with the purple wolf, waiting for his answer.

"He normally les after Minsun and Minah finish, those two like to push him away and then it's hard to get him to le for as long as I would like him too" Lay could see the worry in Baekhyun's eyes, feeling a pang in his chest as he looked back down at the little pup wiggling on the purple fur.

"Well, it's not likely that he doesn't want to le till he's full, but more likely that Minah and Minsun are not leaving anything for him after they finish" Baekhyun had wide eyes listening to Lay speak, he didn't think this would be the reason.

"Little Minseok isn't doing well because you aren't producing enough milk for all three of them, it would be a good idea if one of the others looked after him and let him le from them"

"Give Minseokkie to one of them? I-I can't, he's my pup..." Baekhyun shook his head, he didn't want to give his pup to another wolf, little Minseokkie was his, he was his little Chanyeol.

"Not literally give Minseok to another but let him have a chance to le and get the right nutrition so that he can get stronger. If he doesn't le from another, I'm sorry to say, but he's only going to get worse" Lay didn't want to say it, the word still cutting deep and making him remember what happened not to long ago.

"He could die Baekhyun, I don't want another death okay? Is there another who can take him for you?" Lay looked over at Kyungsoo, the red wolf shaking his head at the question.

"Sorry, but I can't. Dasom and Ara are a real handful, I can't deal with another, I'm sorry Baekhyun" Kyungsoo really was sorry, he didn't want to take on little Minseokkie because he knew he'd have the same problem as Baekhyun was having.

He wouldn't be able to produce enough milk for the pup either, his two girls were big feeders and would make the task difficult and he couldn't deal with letting Baekhyun down when he couldn't make Minseok better.

Both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo felt helpless, really helpless.

"What about alpha female? Luhan?" Lay looked back at Baekhyun, the purple wolf shaking his head.

"Tao had three and one of the pups was smaller than the other two so Luhan's looking after him, he only had one" Baekhyun thought it through in his head, no one could take on his little Minseokkie and he was getting really sad, really quick.

He didn't want to lose his pup, his little baby.

"It's a good thing Luhan only had one or..." The thought of Luhan having more than one pup and Tao's black pup Xiao not being strong enough and dying brought tears to his eyes, "Or I don't think the pup would have made it" 

"Okay, let's think" Lay furrowed his forehead, his thoughts going back to the red wolf he had left all alone with his pup, their pup.

"I got it! Right, Baekhyun" Baekhyun locked eyes with Lay, eyes wide and showing hope that the light brown wolf had found an answer to his problem.

"Minseokkie can le from Suho, we only have one" Lay's eyes were shinning bright, looking like he had just found the meaning of life, "Baekhyun, let us take care of Minseok, let Suho take care of him, nurse him back to health" Looking into Lays eyes, Baekhyun couldn't say no, he looked so happy.

"Would Suho be okay with that, looking after a pup that's not his own?" Lay nodded, none of Heliotrope knew that himself and Suho had lost a pup but he knew that the red wolf would love to be able to take care of another pup. 

Not in a trying to replace the lost pup kind of way, but because he had the opportunity to do so. Suho was Baekhyun's only hope for little Minseokkie and Suho wouldn't turn down a pup in need, or anyone for that matter.

Suho loved pups just as much as Lay did, maybe even more and the fact that the pup could possibly die and that he could of helped would probably push Suho off the edge.

Lay knew that Suho couldn't take much more, he'd already lost so much and another loss would probably put him somewhere Lay couldn't reach him, wouldn't be able to bring him out of and in the end lose his mate completely.

"Absolutely! He'd look after Minseok like his own, you have no worries" Baekhyun had no doubts about Suho looking after his little Minseok, he just couldn't bare the thought of being apart from his tiniest pup.

"I don't know..." 

"Baekhyun, let Lay take Minseok, you don't want him to die do you?" Kyungsoo knew he was being harsh but Baekhyun had to give Minseok to Suho, he just had to, he had no other choice. If he didn't he was just being selfish and putting his own needs before his pup.

Baekhyun looked over at Kyungsoo before looking at Lay and then finally onto his little mini Chanyeol. Okay, Baekhyun had decided, he was going to let Lay take Minseok so that he and Suho could look after him.

Baekhyun looked at Lay and nodded his head, nudging the pup towards the brown wolf. Lay the little bundle, hearing him whine and wiggle around.

"I'll take Chanyeol with me, I'll carry the pup and he can be on the look out on the way to Suho's den" Baekhyun nodded, trusting Lay and feeling better knowing that Chanyeol would be going with him and Minseok.

"Tell Suho that I ready appreciate this and I trust him with Minseokkie fully" Baekhyun was on the verge of crying and if Lay didn't leave soon with Minseok, he was going to cry in front of him.

"I will, he will be so happy" Lay exited the cave to go get Chanyeol, Baekhyun looking over and making eye contact with Kyungsoo. The red wolf had bright eyes, showing Baekyun that things would only get better for Minseok from now on.

Baekhyun spent his last few minutes with Minseok, cleaning and nudging the pup before Chanyeol came down and took him away from him, leaving with Lay to make the journey to Suho's den.

"Bye bye little Minseokkie, I'll see you when you're all big and strong"

...................................................................................

Right so short chapter and I hope everything makes since I'm kinda half asleep while checking it over.

Suho gets baby Minseokkie and you know what his pups name is? It Jondae! Puppy Minseok and puppy Jongdae together with Suho, it's all going as I planned, no more killing off any pups. Promise!

And Suho's pup is one week old and the rest are two weeks old :)

I'm going to bed so goodnight and enjoy this chapter

PrettyDeadRose11