Chapter 19: Beyond awkward

Hate or Love? [Hiatus]

Chapter 19: Beyond awkward

“I’m sorry, I cannot do this” Jessica said and ran away. Donghae wanted to follow her but Hara stopped him by sending him a death glare.

“Jessica wait!” Nichkhun ran after her leaving everyone there dumbfounded. She ran as fast as she could but the shoes she was wearing didn’t help her much. Nichkhun finally reached her and grabbed her wrist.

She turned around and gave an icy stare that could freeze anyone.

“Why did you do this to me?!” she asked mad “Of all the people that I know that could betray me, you were the last person I thought would do this to me!”

“I’m sorry” he said feeling really bad “I swear I didn’t know Donghae was Hara’s boyfriend”

“Then why did you invite me to your house knowing that your sister hates me?!” she asked still really mad

“I just thought you two could have a fresh start” he said looking down “I think I was wrong”

Jessica looked at him and her expression softened. He looked sincere and he was feeling really bad.

“I understand” she said looking away “But I cannot stay there”

Nichkhun looked at her hurt. He still couldn’t understand why she felt so bad about Donghae being there. He thought she hated him but her expression when she saw him with Hara was totally different from what he would have expected.

“Jessica, why do you care so much about the fact that Donghae is Hara’s boyfriend?”

She was surprised by this question. She didn’t know how to answer because she didn’t even know the answer herself.

“I don’t know” she said sighing “I just do”

Nichkhun sighed and looked at her with sad eyes but with a sincere smile.

“I think I know” he said and she looked at him curiously “But you have to find out yourself”

“What? Why don’t you tell me?” she asked and he laughed

“Just stay please” he asked her using his puppy eyes “We could tease Donghae a little bit”

Jessica frowned as she didn’t know what he was talking about. He laughed again.

“Just follow my game” he said and winked at her. She decided to stay. It was the least she could do for him after he had been so sincere and nice to her. Besides, he was her best friend.

Nichkhun understand in that moment that she was jealous of Donghae and Hara. He was hurt with this because he had always liked her but he only wanted her happiness. That was why he was willing to do anything to help her and if it meant teasing Donghae, it was even better.

“Hold my arm” he whispered to her

“What?” she asked surprised

“Just do it” he said and she did as he told her. As they walked together and smiled, everyone was surprised to see them like that, especially Donghae.

“OMO you two look so cute together!” Nichkhun’s mom said and that made Jessica blush embarrassed. Donghae glared at the two with anger.

“Shall we go inside?” Hara’s father asked and they followed him inside the beautiful house. It was decorated in classical style. Like the old palaces were. Well, it was expected from a family that came from Thailand’s royalty.

Their seats were especially arranged for the occasion. Hara sat next to Donghae, and Nichkhun and Jessica sat in front of them. Donghae was glaring at the couple in front of him all the time. He didn’t even blink. Jessica was feeling uncomfortable with gaze so she just avoided looking at him.

As the dinner started, everything went smoothly. Mr. Goo and Mr. Lee were talking about business and Mrs. Horvejkul attention’s was on both couples.

“Khunnie, honey” her mom told him “Are you and Jessie dating finally?”

When she asked this, Donghae choked with his drink. Hara patted his back.

“Oh are you ok son?” Mrs. Lee asked him and he nodded before glaring at them again

“Do you think we should?” Nichkhun asked holding Jessica’s hand over the table so that Donghae saw it. Jessica felt uncomfortable but she decided to go on with Nichkhun’s plan.

“Of course you should!” Hara said happily

“But we are only friends” Jessica said and Donghae felt more relieved and smiled.

“Someone has just been friend zoned” he whispered so that only Nichkhun would hear. He glared at him.

“Oh that’s too bad” Mrs. Horvejkul said “I think Jessica has all the qualities required to be a princess”

Nichkhun smiled and Jessica blushed embarrassed.  Donghae couldn’t take it anymore and decided to talk to her.

“Jessica, can we talk?” Donghae asked her surprising everyone in the table. Mr. Lee glared at his son but he just ignored this. “Privately”

“Sure, why not?” she asked and stood up “Excuse us for a second”

They stood up and walked outside as everyone was looking at them. Hara seemed really mad and kicked Nichkhun under the table.

“Ouch” he said glaring at her

“Aren’t you going to stop them?” Hara whispered to him

“No” he said “Just let them”

“You are not helping” she said glaring at him

“Oh of course I am helping” he said smiling

Outside, Jessica followed Donghae to the garden. He stopped walking and turned around to face her with anger in his face.

“What do you think you are doing?!” he asked

“What?!” she asked mad “For you information Nichkhun is my best friend and he invited me to his house so you shouldn’t be questioning my actions! You should just pay attention to your girlfriend!”

Jessica was really mad and Donghae sighed.

“That’s what I was trying to tell you” he said “Hara is not my girlfriend for real”

“What do you mean?” she asked

“My father wanted me to fake date Hara so that the Goos would support us in his presidential campaign” he said and Jessica was surprised to hear that. That explained it all

“Is that true?” someone asked and they turned around startled. They saw Mrs. Horvejkul, who was looking at them with a really serious face. Behind her everyone else was expecting their answer.

“Yes it is true” Donghae said and earned a disappointed look by his father

“YOU LIAR!” Mr. Goo yelled at Mr. Lee “We never agreed on fake dating! Forget that I’m going to help you! You are never going to win this election without my help”

“You are the one lying! Of course we agreed on this!” Mr. Lee

“So you knew about this scheme all the time” she looked at her husband with a mad face. He looked at her with a worried expression.

“And I’m pretty sure Hara knew too” Nichkhun said and Hara glared at him. Mrs. Horvejkul looked at them with a disappointed look.

“Young Mr. Lee please forgive my family for doing this to you” she apologized with Donghae. He smiled at her

“Don’t worry” he said “It wasn’t entirely their fault”

“I think I should leave” Jessica excused herself and bowed to Khun’s mom. “I’m sorry for all the disturbance I caused”

“Oh honey, this wasn’t your fault” she said hugging her tightly.

“I should take you home” Nichkhun said smiling

“No, I think you should stay” she said to him “Your family has a lot to talk about”

“Ok” he said and hugged her “At least let me call a taxi for you”

The Lees immediately left, not leaving Donghae a single second to talk to Jessica. Jessica waited outside because inside, there was a really uncomfortable atmosphere.

When the taxi arrived, she said goodbye and left. Her sisters were still awake, waiting for her to tell them everything that had happened.

They all gathered together in Taengsic’s room and she started telling them what happened.

“OMG did Nichkhun’s mom really said that?” Yoona asked surprised “I knew she wanted you as her daughter in law”

The girls laughed and she blushed.

“And Hara’s dad is married to Nichkhun’s mom” Taeyeon said still digesting the idea “Unbelievable”

“But that’s not the most important part” Seohyun said “What Donghae’s parents did was awful”

“And Hara and her dad were part of it?” Taeyeon asked and Jessica simply nodded

“Wow” her three sisters said still surprised

“But look at the bright sight of it” Taeyeon said and everyone looked at her “Donghae is not dating Hara, you can date him now”

“WHAT?!” Jessica asked really blushed “Of course not! I don’t even like him”

“Yeah right” Yoona said Sica glared at her

“Unnie I thought you were against the idea of us being even friends with the kingkas” Seohyun said

“Well… after what Siwon did for Yoona I think not all of them are jerks” Taeyeon said making Yoona blush hardly and all of them laughed.

……………………………

The next day, Jessica was walking to her classroom when someone suddenly grabbed her arm. She turned around startled and saw Donghae laughing at her.

“PABO!” she said hitting him “You scared me”

“Sorry” he said still laughing

“So… how are you after everything that happened last night?” she asked, for the first time having a normal conversation with him

“My parents are still furious at me but that’s fine with me” he said shrugging

“I’m sorry to hear that” she said

“I’m not” he said normally and smiling “It was their fault anyway so they’ll come around sooner or later”

“Ok…” she said smiling to him “I think I should go to my class”

“I… hum… sure” he said sighing as he didn’t have the courage to say something else “Have a nice day”

“You too” she said and left. When she was out of sight he hit his forehead really frustrated.

“PABO!” he said to himself and shook his head “Why can’t you just tell her?”

…………

Meanwhile, on another part of the school, someone was watching Seohyun for afar. SThat person was following every single movement she did.

“I hate her!” the person said

“What are you planning to do?” a male voice asked

“I want my revenge against her for taking away my Kyu” she said angry “I’m going to get her expelled

The guy next to her laughed as if it was really good joke.

“You are kidding right?” he said “She is the perfect student. Perfect grades, perfect behavior and even perfect assistance.”

“Then we’ll have to trick her” she said smiling evilly “Are you in or not?”

“I guess I’m in” he said and she smiled with a victory face “I can’t stand the fact that she is so ‘perfect’ in everything”

“You’ll see Seo Joo Hyun” she said laughing

....................

Hi everyone! sorry for the delay :( Thanks for supporting this fic! I love you so much

Next will be Seokyu and then Taeteuk and then... something really interesting is going to happen xD