Chapter 22: Fire

Hate or Love? [Hiatus]

Chapter 22: Fire

(Ealier that day)

Taeyeon was in the chemistry lab with Jessica as they had that class together. They were partners in the lab so they didn’t have to worry about having unwanted partners. The only thing that was bad about it was that Uee and Hara were also in the class.

Uee and Hara were talking about something while staring at Jessica and Taeyeon.

“Are you sure about this?” Hara asked shocked “Isn’t it too much?”

“You telling me it’s too much?” Uee asked surprised “Jessica got lost because of you. We almost didn’t see her again”

“Well I’m just saying it could get you into trouble” Hara said

“Relax, I just want to scare her. It’s not like it will kill her” Uee said looking at Taeyeon with evil eyes.

The bell rang, signaling that the class was over. Uee and Hara walked ahead and when they walked pass Taeyeon’s seat, Uee grabbed her book without being seen by anyone. She smirked and then walked out of the lab.

……………………………………

Taeyeon was now trapped inside the chemistry lab, trying to find a way to get out but she couldn’t.

“Hello?!” she yelled knocking on the door many times “If someone it’s out there please help me!”

………………………..

Outside, two girls were giggling and laughing evilly.

“Oh I bet she is scared” Hara said while laughing

“Now you have to help me get all the lights of the building off” Uee said with an evil smile on her face. The two girls ran downstairs and went to look for the box that controls all the lights of the building.

When they finally found it, Uee opened it carefully but when she tried to switch the lights off, some sparks flew off making them jump startled. All the lights of the building went off.

“Ah!” they yelled and backed off when some smoke started coming out of the box

“Oh oh, I never planned for this to happen” Uee said surprised and scared at the same time. The two girls started running away. As they thought it was just some smoke, they didn't care about it but it could get them into trouble.

“Are you going to let Taeyeon inside there?” Hara asked while they were running

“If we go and take her out, she’ll know it was us!” Uee said. Little did they know that the box had set on fire after they caused a dead short in the circuits of the school.

……………………………………..

Inside the lab, Taeyeon was more scared than ever as the lights had just went off. She breathed in and out trying to control her nervousness but she couldn’t. She wanted to scream and to cry but no one would hear her.

“Think of something pretty” she told herself as she sat down on the floor and closed her eyes. All she could imagine was darkness and it wasn’t working for her.

Suddenly, the smell of something burning caught her attention.

“What is that?” she asked scared. She didn’t want to think that there was fire somewhere near. She couldn’t think of that.

She looked out of the window and indeed, she saw some fire coming from a room downstairs that was just below the lab. She started panicking as she ran to door and started hitting it hardly with all her strength.

“PLEASE LET ME OUT!” she yelled, freaking out. She was so afraid of fire that she felt some tears running down her cheeks. She was beyond scared now.

………………………………..

On their house, the girls were already worried as Taeyeon said she wouldn’t take long but she wasn’t home yet.

“Where could she be?” Yoona asked impatiently “I knew I had to wait for her”

“I’m worried” Jessica said “Why don’t we go and look for her?”

“It’s a good idea, maybe we should go to school to check if she is there” Seohyun said. The three girls immediately grabbed their coats and went out to go to the school to see if she was somewhere

Meanwhile, Kyuhyun was at home watching TV when he suddenly overheard his dad talking on the phone with someone.

“WHAT?” he heard him yelled and looked at him “A fire? In my school?! How could that be possible?!”

“What?” Kyuhyun asked confused and worried. As soon as he saw his dad hanging up, he went to him to ask him.

“Dad what happened?” he asked

“Apparently there was a dead short on the school causing a fire” he said while grabbing his coat and his keys. “They said that a girl is trapped inside the building”

“WHAT?” Kyuhyun’s eyes widened when he heard that.

“Dad let me go with you” Kyuhyun said and his dad nodded. The two of them walked out of their house and rode their car to the school. As they were about to arrive, they saw a great amount of smoke and a lot fire.

A lot of people had gathered around to see what was happening but the fire fighters prevented them from walking closer.

They parked the car near the place and walked out immediately. They ran to the place and went to talk to the fire fighters.

“Sir you cannot go in” one of them said

“This is my school! And it’s burning!” he yelled freaking out

“You have to calm down, we a trying our best” another one said

“Kyuhyun” he suddenly heard the voice of the three girls and he turned around. When he saw Seohyun, Yoona and Jessica running towards him, he was surprised.

“What are you doing here?” he asked surprised

“We came to look for Taeyeon and we were surprised to see this” Yoona explained as she was the only that could talk in that moment. The other too were too shocked and afraid that Taeyeon might be inside.

“What?!” he asked surprised “Are you telling me Taeyeon is inside there?”

“What did you just said?!” a voice yelled from away. Kyuhyun turned around once again and saw Leeteuk, Siwon and Donghae coming. Leeteuk ran the fastest and he looked really worried and shocked.

“Did you just say Taeyeon is inside there?!” he asked really worried

“We think she is” Yoona said in tears. She was really worried, like her sisters

“We have to do something to get her out!” Jessica said “Taeyeon has a severe trauma with fire”

“What?” the four guys asked surprised

“He parents died in a fire when she was really young, since then she hates fire” Yoona continued explaining

“I have to get her out” Leeteuk said and ran towards the gate

“Leeteuk wait!” the guys tried to stop but he couldn’t.

“Sir, you cannot go in!” one of the fire figthers told him but he shoved his hand away

“SOMEONE IS TRAPPED IN THERE!” he yelled and ran inside the building, covering himself with his coat.

He ran around the building looking for her, trying to avoid the fire at the same time.

“TAEYEON! Are you there?!” he yelled as he walked up stairs

“Somebody please help me!” he heard the voice of someone and he immediately rushed to the place where the voice was coming from. He was worried as her voice sounded weaker and weaker.

He arrived to the chemistry lab and saw her hand in the window. His eyed widened in shock.

“OMG TAEYEON!” he said running to door. He tried to turn the knob but it was burning.

“Ah” he yelled as he took his hand off immediately. He then tried kicking the door with all his strength and it finally was opened.

When he entered, he saw Taeyeon lying on the floor unconscious. He rushed to her and noticed she was shaking in fear and had tears on her eyes.

“Taeyeon please react!” he said slapping her but it didn’t work. He felt that she was almost not breathing.

“YOU HAVE TO KEEP BREATHING!” he yelled at her

“We have to get out of here!” he yelled at her one more time. Taeyeon started shaking and mumbling some things while she unconscious.

“This cannot be happening!” she yelled and some tears ran down her eyes. “MOM, DAD YOU CANNOT LEAVE ME! PLEASE DON’T DIE”

“Taeyeon please react!” he said slapping her once again. As she wasn’t responding, he decided to carry her and walk out. It was going to be much harder to walk out of the fire while carrying her but he didn’t have another choice.

He went out of the room, covering Taeyeon with his jacket and running out as fast as he could. Leeteuk was choking with the smoke. He felt like his lungs will fail at any second and he would no longer be able to breathe.

He fought with all his strength and when he finally saw the door, he felt more relived. He walked out coughing a lot and breathing heavily.

When he was finally out, he felt his lungs burning. He had a lot wounds on his body but he didn’t care. He left Taeyeon on the floor and looked at her worried.

“Please be ok” he said. Some moments later, the paramedics along with the girls and the guys came running towards them. Leeteuk smiled and in that moment, he passed out.

“Leeteuk!” his friends yelled worried

“Are they going to be ok?” Kyuhyun’s dad asked worried

“He seems fine” the paramedics said checking his pulse and his breathing. They felt more relieved but when they went to Taeyeon, their eyes widened “She is not breathing”

“WHAT?” everyone yelled shocked. That couldn’t be happening

.................................................................................................................................................

A/n: I'm REALLY sorry for not being able to update in a long time :( Homework and exams are really killing my inspiration but I'm trying to update all my stories as soon as i got ideas. I'm really sorry for making you wait