Chapter 6: Problems

Hate or Love? [Hiatus]

Chapter 6: Problems

Siwon opened the door of his house and threw the keys of his car on the table. He was really pissed off after finding out that Yoona had a boyfriend.

“Why so angry,brother?”  Sooyoung who was in the living room watching TV, asked him

“I’m not angry!” he yelled and she laughed

“I guess I know why” she said “This is the first time you are having a hard time trying to get a girl. Yoona is not like the other girls you’ve dated”

“So what should I do?” he asked

“If you continue being a jerk, she is never going to like you!” Sooyoung said and Siwon hissed

“Whatever Soo” he said still pissed off “I’m not going to change for a girl”

Sooyoung laughed at looked at her brother amused. She couldn’t believe he could be so stubborn.

“Let’s make a bet, oppa” she said and Siwon grinned

“I’m listening” he said and she smiled evilly

“I bet you’ll end up falling for her” Sooyoung said

“Pff very funny, sis” he said “She’ll fall for me first”

“Ok, if I win you’ll admit in front of the school that you are in love with Yoona!” she said

“Fine” he said, sure that he would win “If I win you’ll be my slave for a month!”

“Fair enough” she said confident and shook hands with her brother to seal the deal.

“I’m definitely going to make her fall in love with me” he said smiling

“Let’s see what happens first” Sooyoung said and then they heard someone knocking on the door. Sooyoung stood up and went to open the door.

“Oppa!” she said excited and hugged her boyfriend tightly

“Hi Soo” he said and kissed her forehead

“Hyung, you are one of my best friends but what the hell are you doing this late at my house?” Siwon asked

“I came to visit my girlfriend” Hankyung said smiling “Don’t worry bro, I’ll leave soon”

“Don’t leave yet Hannie” Sooyoung said pouting “Don’t listen to Siwon”

“Whatever, I’m going to sleep now” he said and waved at them “I have a deer to catch tomorrow”

Sooyoung laughed and Siwon just went to sleep. Hankyung seemed confused.

“What was he talking about?” he asked clueless and she laughed at his cuteness

“You’ll see” she said

………………………………………..

Donghae and Jessica arrived at a restaurant. It wasn’t that fancy because Donghae knew she wouldn’t like fancy things. He opened the door for her and they entered. They sat down and a waitress came to take their order.

“What are you going to order?” she asked

“For me a really well-cooked beef and for the lady a salad with a lot of cucumbers” he said smiling

“WHAT?!” she asked shocked “No no, he is just joking! I’ll take a salad WITHOUT cucumbers please”

“Your order will be served in a while” she said and winked at Donghae before leaving.  Donghae smiled evilly at Sica and she sent him a death glare.

“A salad with a lot of cucumbers?!” she asked annoyed

“I was just joking like you said” he said

“Yo! Donghae!” someone called his name and he turned around. Three guys approached to where they were and greeted him.

“Zhoumi, Henry, Kibum! Good to see you!” he greeted them back

“And who is this hot chick?” the tallest asked

“My date, her name is Jessica Jung” Donghae introduced her and she faked a smile

“Excuse me” Jessica said standing up because she was getting annoyed “I have to use the bathroom”

She walked away from them and when she was far away she sighed. From where she was, she could see and hear everything they were saying but they couldn’t see her.

“So, when are you going to dump her?” Kibum asked “Today? Tomorrow?”

“Haha I don’t know but I bet she’ll cry” he said and laughed “She is so into me right now”

Jessica’s mouth dropped when she heard that. She was starting to get really angry.

“She is really hot but her stare makes me shiver” Henry said shivering and they laughed

“She is an ice princess” Donghae said “But I’m going to melt her”

Jessica couldn’t take it anymore and approached to them with a glass of cold water.

“Oh do you really think you are hot enough to melt everything?” Jessica asked suddenly using an annoyingly nice voice and he nodded

“Of course” he said and she smiled

“Then why don’t you melt this” she said angry and threw the water with ice cubes on his head. Donghae was shocked and started shivering because of the cold water. “Serves you, right?”

Jessica walked out of the restaurant while the three guys were laughing at Donghae.

“You are going to regret this, Jessica!” he yelled

……………………………………………..

Taeyeon was home alone as her sisters hadn’t returned yet. Everything Leeteuk told her was still playing on her mind.

Flashback

“It also has to do with the reason why I don’t like music…” he said and Taeyeon now understood why he had walked out like that from the music class

“Ok” she said “Go on”

Leeteuk took a deep breath and started telling the story.

“Ok. A few years ago I was a normal teenager that loved partying and everything. I was obsessed with music as well and I had to go to every single concert of my favorite bands. One day, one of them was going to hold a concert on the city and I begged mom to let me go but she didn’t let me because I had failed some exams. I was so mad at her that I didn’t care and I just escaped from my house and I went to the concert with some friends. On my way back home, three men were following me because they knew I had money. I tried to escape from them but they kept on following me so I decided to call mom to pick me up”

Leeteuk made a pause because some tears started to roll down his eyes. It was the first time Taeyeon was seeing that side of him and it broke her heart to see him like that. He took deep breath and continued.

“Mom was mad but still came. Calling her was the biggest mistake of my life. I ran to where she was and entered the car as fast as I could. She started the engine and when I thought I was going to be finally safe, the three man started following us with their car. Mom drove faster and could get rid of them but she didn’t see the car that was in front of us and the car crashed on her side.”

Now he was sobbing hardly and Taeyeon couldn’t help but hug him tightly.

“I only got a few wounds but mom has been in coma since then. I hate everything related to music since then also. I lost my mom because of a stupid concert. I feel so guilty that I cannot see my mom without feeling bad, that’s why I don’t visit her. My dad it’s still hurt with that and doesn’t want to admit that he misses mom. Since that happened, I became a serious guy that never talked to anyone. My life was miserable until I met Donghae, Siwon and Kyuhyun. They might be jerks but they showed me they were true friends.”

“I’m sorry to hear what happened” she said and hugged him again

“Thank you” he said “I really needed to talk to someone”

“I barely know you, but you can count on me” she said and he smiled.

End of flashback

Taeyeon sighed after remembering what he said to her. He was so hurt and she felt sorry for him. She didn't know why but she wanted to help him and she was happy that he had showed his true self to her.

…………………………………..

Next day at school

Seohyun and Yoona were together in Literature class and so were Kyuhyun and Siwon. The teacher entered the classroom and spoke.

“I want you to look for a partner for an activity we are going to start today” he just said and everyone stood up to look for a partner.  Some random guy was about to ask Yoona when Siwon suddenly approached to them and sent him a death glance.

“Sorry but Yoona will work with me” Siwon said and the guy just left because he was afraid of him

“And who said that?” she asked annoyed

“Come on, I know you want to work with me” he said with a killer smile and she just rolled her eyes. Yoona had no other choice but to work with Siwon because no one dared to face a kingka. Siwon wasn’t concentrating because he was staring at Yoona.

“Why are you staring at me?” she asked and he coughed

“Because you are in front of me” he said trying to sound cool

“Just don’t do it” she said annoyed and he smiled

“So you want me to look away and not pay attention to what we are doing?” he asked and Yoona sighed annoyed

“As far as I’m concerned a pair consists of TWO people” he added

“WOW you are SOO smart!” she said sarcastically

Sooyoung that was working with Hankyung, looked at them and laughed.

“Don’t laugh sister, you’ll see I’ll win” he whispered to her

“Whatever you say brother” she said and continued working

Seohyun stood up and when to look for one of her sisters but suddenly Yonghwa appeared in front of her.

“Oh Yonghwa sshi” she said and he smiled

“I was wondering if you wanted to work with me” he said a little bit nervous

“Sure” she said smiling and he smiled as well. From the corner of the classroom, Kyuhyun was watching the whole scene and felt really jealous that he punched the wall. Everyone stared at him and he felt embarrassed.

“Sorry, there was a spider there” he said and everyone went back to their business.

“Kyu , you don’t need to be so obvious” Siwon said and laughed at him

“Shut up!” he yelled

“Kyuhyun oppa” a girl went to his side and held his arm. Kyuhyun looked at her a little bit annoyed. “Will you work with me?”

“Hmm” he really wanted to say no but he didn’t have another choice until he came up with an idea. “Actually Ye Eun, why don’t you make me a favor?”

“Anything you want oppa!” she said happily and he smirked evilly

“Go and tell Yonghwa that you want to work with.” he said and she looked surprised and hurt.

“Why?” she asked

“Because… I need someone to keep an eye on him” he said and winked at her “Please, do it for me”

“I don’t know” she said blushed after he winked at her

“I promise I’ll go on date with you” he finally said and she agreed happily. She went to where Seohyun and Yonghwa were working and smiled at them. She asked Yonghwa to work with her because she was failing Literature. When Seohyun heard that, she felt sorry for her and agreed to switch partners with her not knowing that she would have to work with Kyuhyun.

“YOU?!” she asked shocked when she saw Kyuhyun was going to be her partner

……………………..

Jessica was walking with Tiffany and Heechul until the bell rang.

“Oh time to leave” Heechul said holding Tiffany’s hand

“See you later Sica” Fany said and Heechul waved at her before the two of them left her. Jessica went to her lockers to take her books and when she was heading to her next classroom, she bumped into someone.

“My dear Sica” someone said and she was shocked

..........................