Chapter 17: Help

Hate or Love? [Hiatus]

Chapter 17: Help

“I need your help” she said

“I think you are in the wrong place, Taeyeon” he said coldly. Taeyeon knew he was going to be difficult to convince but there she was, asking for his help.

“Look, I have no time. My sisters are going to figure out I’m gone soon” she said. She looked really desperate and Siwon could notice that “And you are the only one that I can think of that can help Yoona”

“Help Yoona? How?” he said surprised trying not to show that he was actually worried

“Her father came back and he wants to take her with him and we’ll probably never seen her again” she explained hoping that he would help

“Her father?” he asked confused

“The real one” Taeyeon said and Siwon now understood. He stayed quiet for a while and then looked at her

“I’m sorry but I don’t care” he said coldly and Taeyeon gasped surprised

“What?! Don’t say that, I know you care!” Taeyeon yelled at him

“She can leave. I’m not going to do anything to stop him from taking her” he said and Taeyeon was shocked. She never thought he could be like that

“I came here because I thought you were the nicest among your gang of friends but I was wrong!” she yelled at him with tears on her eyes “You are just a hearthless jerk!”

Siwon didn’t feel offended with that.

“And it took you too long to realize that” he said smirking “Now you can leave”

Siwon opened the door for her and she left as fast as she could. She had tears in her eyes and she wiped them before someone noticed. She ran to the park where her sisters were. Yoona was sitting on the bench crying and Jessica and Seohyun were comforting her.

When Jessica noticed that Taeyeon had just arrived, she stood up and went to her.

“Where were you?” Jessica asked

“I just… needed some time alone” she lied

“Are you ok?” she asked as she noticed that Taeyeon had been crying. She was usually the strongest among the four so it was strange to see her crying

“I’m fine” she said faking a smile “The one who need comfort it’s Yoona”

“Neh you are right” Jessica said and the two of them went to sit next to Yoona. The four of them spend almost all the night there and when they realized it was already too late, they decided to head back home.

The next morning, Taeyeon woke up early because she had her job in the hospital. When she walked down the stairs she saw her father was already awake.

“Morning appa” she said quiet sad

“Morning Tae” he said and faked a smile

“Is Yoona already up?” she asked and he shook his head

“Not yet” he said “I’ll just let her rest. Last night was a rough night for her”

“I know” Taeyeon said “I wish I could spend all day with her but I have to go to see Mrs. Park”

“I’m glad you take this job so seriously” he said patting her head “Don’t worry, just come home early”

“I will” she said and smiled “I just don’t want to encounter a certain someone in the hospital”

“Mrs. Park’s son?” he asked

“No, not him” she said “Let’s just say that I asked this guy for help and he refused to. And… he happens to be the son of the owner of that hospital”

“Oh” he just said surprised with what he was hearing

“Anyway I have to go” she said and gave him a kiss on the cheek “See you later dad”

…………………………………….

Taeyeon went to the hospital wishing not to see Siwon or Leeteuk there. When she entered, she saw the person she least wanted to talk with. He was there talking to someone she didn’t know.

“Did you do what I told you?” he asked the person

“Yes, here are the files you asked for, Mr. Choi” he said

“Thank you” Siwon said and smiled. When he turned around he saw Taeyeon and smiled to her as if nothing had happened.

“What are you doing here?” she asked him

“Good morning to you too Taeyeon” he said “And the answer to your question is… my father works here”

“I don’t want to see your face around here so I’ll just go” she said rudely and left. Siwon chuckled and went his own way. He had something important to do.

He opened the file and looked through it. When he finished, he smiled and took his cellphone out. He dialed a number that was written there and waited.

“Hello?” a male voice answered

“I need to talk you” he said

“Who are you?” he asked

“I think it’s really important that you come” he said “Come to Choi’s hospital, I’ll be waiting”

After that he hung up the phone and went to wait for the person he had called.

…………………………………………….

After Taeyeon finished her job with Mrs. Park, she left the room. As she was walking down the hallways of the hospital, she saw a familiar face. She followed this familiar person and was surprised to see he was going to meet Siwon.

“A kid? Is this some kind of a joke?” he asked and Taeyeon recognized that voice. It was Yoona’s father. What was he doing there and talking to Siwon?

“Take a seat please, we need to talk about some important issues” he said calm

“Who are you and what do you want?” he asked

“My name is Choi Siwon and I’m the son of the owner of this hospital” he said smiling and the man seemed nervous “And I kind of found some interesting information about you, Mr Im”

“How do you know me?” he asked nervously

“That’s not important” he said “I’m aware that you want to take your daughter Yoona with you, it’s that right? What do you want from her?”

“Why do you care?!” he asked mad

“Just answer the question” Siwon said remaining calm

“Well, I’ll answer you question” the man said and smirked “There’s this rich man that wants to marry my beautiful daughter Yoona and I’m going to agree”

Taeyeon who had been hiding covered shocked when she heard that.

“So that you’ll have money to buy your drugs. What a good father you are” Siwon said sarcastically and smiled when he saw Mr. Im shocked expression

“What is all this?!” he asked mad “Whatever I do it’s not of your corcen, she is my daughter!”

Siwon stood up from his seat and faced him with a serious expression.

“You see this?” he said raising the file “It contains your medical history and unless you want the whole world to know that you’ve been using drugs for the past 17 years, you are going to change your mind and let Yoona stay with her current family”

“YOU CANNOT DO THAT!” he yelled mad “It’s confidential!”

“If you take her with you, I’ll make sure the police see this” he said smirking when he saw his nervous expression “You know very well that you can’t take your daughter with you having this background. If you do, I’ll accuse you of kidnapping her and the punishment is not going to be nice”

“Fine!” he yelled and Siwon smirked “I’ll leave. Yoona will never see me again if you make that file disappear”

“Of course” he said smiling “A deal it’s a deal”

“I’ll leave now” he said really angry “Stupid kid!”

After he left, Siwon sat on his seat again and smiled. Taeyeon who had listened to the whole conversation was really shocked.

“Siwon?” she said coming out of her hiding place

“What are you doing here?” he asked shocked

“I can’t believe what you just did” she said excited and with tears in her eyes. She ran to him and hugged him. He was shocked with her actions. “I’m sorry I called you a hearthless jerk. I wasn’t wrong to think that you were actually nice”

“I didn’t do it for you to change your mind about me” he said

“No, i know who you did it for” Taeyeon said and smiled teasingly

“I didn’t do it for Yoona either if that’s what you think” he inmediatelly said “I did it because it was fun to tease that man”

“Whatever Siwon” Taeyeon said and laughed “I know you really care about her and I appreacite it”

“If she ever finds out, I’ll deny it all” he said threatening her

“She won’t know from me” Taeyeon said and smiled “Thank you again”

“No need to” he said and just left. Taeyeon was so excited that she jumped like a little kid not minding the people staring at her as if she was crazy.

……………………………………

When she arrived home, she was surprised to see the man’s car outside her house. She inmediatelly ran inside and saw Yoona with her luggage.

“Change of plans we are not leaving” the man told Yoona and she was shocked

“What?” she said excited

“I’m leaving alone” he said “I just came to tell you that”

“What made you change your mind?”  Yoona asked suddenly. She was so excited that she couldn’t help the tears

“If you have friends like that I don’t want to have anything to do with you” he said seriously and Yoona was confused

“Friends like who?” she asked with curiosity

“Don’t pretend that you don’t know anything!” he said mad “That tall, black haired guy that threaten me today”

“Tall, black haired guy… Siwon?” she asked in disbelief and a smile was drawn in her face

“Yes, that Choi guy!” he yelled and Yoona laughed “I’ll leave now before he sees me here”

Then man immediately walked out of the house and left as soon as he could. Yoona was speechless as she couldn’t believe what she had just heard. Siwon actually helped her.

 “Wow Siwon threaten your father, he might really care about you” Jessica said and Yoona smiled

“But… how did he know?” she said confused and Taeyeon looked away

“Kim Taeyeon, did you tell him?” Yoona asked her when she noticed she was acting weird

“I know nothing” she said “Why don’t you go and ask him yourself”

“I think I should go and thank him” Yoona said and smiled

………………………….

Yoona took deep breath befor knocking on the Choi’s residence. She waited nervously playing with her fingers until someone opened the door.

“Yoona? What are you doing here?” SSiwon asked shocked when he saw her in front of his door. Unexpectedly, Yoona ran to him and hugged him leaving him completely shocked.

“Thank you so much” she said with tears in her eyes

“What are you talking about?” he asked shocked. He couldn’t believe Taeyeon told her “Whatever your sister told you, it’s not true”

“You don’t need to deny it” she said and smiled without breaking the hug “Taeyeon didn’t tell me anything, it was my father who told me”

"Can't deny it right now" he said 

"H-how did you do it?" she asked with curiosity "How did you get him to leave?"

"It's..." he was hesitating if he should tell her. At the end he came to the conclusion that it was better if she didn't know because it would hurt her "A secret"

"Ok..." she said "Anyway, thanks for helping me"

“Well, I didn’t do it for you” he said breaking the hug but Yoona was still smiling

“I know” she said “But that doesn’t change the fact that you did it. Thank you”

“You are welcome” he said smiling. Yoona turned around and was about to leave when he suddenly grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer. Yoona blushed their faces were inches apart.

“W-what are you doing?” she asked nervously

“Just make sure no one wants to take you away again” he said smirking and then slowly leaned his forehead against her, looking directly into her eyes. “You won’t be so lucky next time”

Siwon released her and Yoona felt her heart was coming out of her chest. She couldn’t believe how close she was to kiss him.

“I-I am going to keep that in mind” she said and chuckled “Thanks again”

……………………………………………….

Meanwhile, Donghae had just returned to his house and was surprised to see his parents waiting for him in the living room. The never waited for him unless it was something important.

“Mom, dad what are you doing here?” he asked surprised

“Take a seat please” his father said and he did as he was told

“This is something important for your father so listen carefully” his mom said and he nodded

“Hae you know that the elections are going to be soon right?” he asked and Donghae nodded again

“Of course dad” he said

“Well, will you do something to help me in my campaign?” he asked him

“I will do anything to help you dad” he said excited and his father smiled

“Good, I raised you well” he said

“So what do you want me to do?” he asked

“Our relations with other people are very important so I think we should start bonding with this family that has a charity for homeless children”

“Ok…” Donghae said without understanding completely “You want me to do charity work?”

“Of course not” his father said and laughed “I was talking about bonding with this family. I want you to date their daughter. More exactly, I want you to be her boyfriend”

“WHAT?!” Donghae asked completely shocked