Chapter 20: Revenge

Hate or Love? [Hiatus]

Chapter 20: Revenge

“You’ll see Seo Joo Hyun” she said laughing.

Yeeun didn’t realize someone had heard the entire conversation, Yonghwa. He was very surprised with what he had just heard and didn’t wait for them to finish talking. He ran and went to look for Seohyun. He had to warn her about them.

He looked for her everywhere until he finally found her in the library. He should have started there and he scolded himself for not realizing earlier. When he reached her place, he was panting.

“Yonghwa sshi, are you ok?” she asked concerned

“Neh I’m fine” he said still breathing heavily “I was looking for you”

“Why?” she asked with a worried looked

“Look Seohyun… you have to be very careful” he said looking at her seriously. She was scared because he sounded really serious. “Someone is trying to harm you”

“WHAT?!” someone suddenly asked from behind them. They turned around and both were surprised to see Kyuhyun standing there with a serious expression.

“Why would someone do that?” she asked worried

“Apparently someone has got something against you” he said.

“Who?” Kyuhyun asked impatiently

“I don’t know, I didn’t see their faces” he said sorry. Kyuhyun seemed pissed off  “I overheard them talking about a revenge against you”

“You as a spy, you know?” Kyuhyun told him really mad and Yonghwa stared at him angrily

“At least I’m helping her!” he yelled at him

“I’m not going to let anyone harm you” Kyuhyun said looking at her seriously into her eyes. She blushed and looked away.

“Thank you but I can take care of myself” she said coldly to him and then looked at Yonghwa “Thanks for the information Yonghwa sshi, I’m going to be careful”

“I hope so Seohyun sshi” he said worried “I’m here if you need me”

“Thank you again, both of you” she said before leaving them really concentrated in her thoughts. Kyuhyun and Yonghwa just exchanged cold glances before going their own way.

………………………………………………..

“Now, what’s your plan?” the guy that was walking next to Yeeun asked. He was Hwang Chansung, Kyuhyun’s cousin and the principal’s nephew. He had nothing against Seohyun but he had always hated perfect students.

“Very easy” she said smirking. She had been thinking about it all day and she had finally come up with something really interesting “You are going to be really helpful”

“Spill” he said getting impatient

“You are going to steal the exam’s answers from your uncle’s office” she said leaving Chansung with his mouth wide opened.  “And you are going to put them on her bag. That way, they are going to think she did it and they are going to expel her”

“They are not going to believe that such a perfect student stole the tests” he said

“Leave traces” she said as if it was really simple. She took out a mobile phone that didn’t belong to her. Chansung was speechless. “Like this”

“You stole her phone?!” he asked shocked and she nodded.

“Yup” she said and smirked again. Her plan was perfectly planned and he just had to follow it. He wasn’t very convinced with the idea though, because it was going to be him doing all the dirty work.

“And what are you going to do? I’m the one who is going to do the dirty work.” He said looking at her angrily

“Fine” she said “You steal the exam, I put it in her back”

“What if we get busted?” Chansung asked really insecure

“We are not!” she said glaring madly at him “You have to be really careful! “

“Fine” he said and smirked “Let’s go now before the bell rings”

…………………………………………

The next day, Seohyun and the rest of the students of her history class, had a huge test. She had been studying the whole week and she felt ready she was ready. She was still worried about what Yonghwa told her but she didn’t have time to worry too much.

She didn’t want to worry her sisters or anyone else so she just kept it secret. Maybe it was just someone fooling around and she worrying for nothing. She wanted to believe that.

When she arrived to her classroom, she sat down on her usual seat and took out her books to read a bit before the test. She was so focused in what she was doing that she didn’t noticed that Yeeun sat behind her and slid something inside her bag.

No one around saw her and she smiled with a smile of victory. Soon, she would fulfill her revenge.

Later, Kyuhyun arrived and sat next to her. He was still worried about her but he didn’t say a word. He knew she was stubborn and that she didn’t like other people solving her problems. That was why he admired her so much but he couldn’t help being worried. He had the feeling that something was going to happen.

Before the test started, a sudden knock on the door made all the students look up. The principal walked in with a really serious expression and everyone became quiet.

“Good morning guys” he said seriously and everyone stood up to greet him. He signaled them to seat and that what they did. “I have good news for you guys, the exam is postponed for tomorrow”

Some cheered happily, others complained and sighed out of frustration because they had studied hard. His serious expression made everyone become quiet again.

“Ms. Seo Joo Hyun, would you accompany me please?” he suddenly said, making everyone looked at him completely surprised.

Seohyun was taken aback with this. Everyone around started whispering and gossiping about the reasons why the principal had called her. Some said he was going to congratulate her, others said that maybe she won a scholarship but no one suspected what was really going to happen to her.

Yeeun smirked and Chansung winked at her. Their plan was going perfectly. Kyuhyun seemed worried. His father was not the kind of person that would interrupt an exam to take a student out, unless it was something really important.

As they weren’t going to take the exam, Kyuhyun decided to ditch class to see what was happening with Seohyun.

……………………………..

At principal office, Seohyun sat down on the chair still dumbfounded. She didn’t know why he had called her to his office and she was worried. He seemed to have a really serious expression.

“Ms. Seo, do you know why I called you here?” he asked and she shook her head

“No sir” she said sincerely. His expression didn’t change as he looked at her again.

“Well, yesterday someone broke into my office and stole the today’s exam” he said seriously and glared at her with a scary look. She gasped surprised but she still didn’t understand why he was telling her that.

“That’s really bad” she said “So that’s why you postponed the test”

“Yes” he said “Ms. Seo let’s get straight to the point. I know you did it”

“WHAT?” she asked shocked. She couldn’t believe he was blaming her “Of course I didn’t!”

“I couldn’t believe it at first you know?” he said looking disappointed “You are one of the best students of this school and I couldn’t believe you did that”

“I didn’t do it!” she said desperately. She was holding back her tears of frustration. Was someone trying to frame her?

“Then how do you explain this?” he asked taking out a cell phone. She gasped surprised when she saw it. It was HER phone. She had been looking for it everywhere and she couldn’t find it. “You can’t deny this is yours. Apparentle, you dropped it here yesterday when you broke into my office”

“It is mine, yes!” she said with tears in her eyes. She was really afraid of what might happen to her “But I didn’t steal the tests!  My phone disappeared yesterday!”

The principal sighed and looked at her with a disappointed look and at the same time sad eyes. He had always been very proud of her and now he was disappointed.

“Joo Hyun, I really don’t want to believe that you did it” he said “It would be a great disappointment”

“I swear I didn’t do it!” she said wiping her tears

“Then you don’t mind if I check your bag?” he asked and she shook her head. She handed her bag to him and he immediately opened it. Seo thought she didn’t have to be worry about anything because she hadn’t done anything but she was shocked when she saw that the principal took out the papers he was looking for.

“I don’t know how it ended up there!” she said.

“All the proves point out that you did it” he said really seriously. His expression totally changed in that moment. “I’m sorry but I have to e…”

“Dad wait!” someone said barging in the room. The principal looked at his son with annoyed face

“This is not right time Kyuhyun” he said seriously. Seohyun looked at him with a shocked face. What was he doing there?

“She didn’t do it” he said and his dad frowned.

“How can you prove she didn’t do it?” he asked

“Because it was me” he said and his father looked at him shocked. Seohyun was surprised as well. She was 100% sure that Kyuhyun didn’t do such thing and she couldn’t believe he was taking the fault just to protect her.

“What?!” the principal asked

“Yes” he said faking a smirk. He was really good at lying and his dad fall for it. “I didn’t want to fail the test so I broke into your office and stole the test. I hid the evidence on her bag because I never thought you would blame her”

He smirked again, making his lie more believable. His father couldn’t believe everything he was saying and Seohyun was too shocked to react.

“And how do you explain this?” he asked pointing at the phone that was on his hand

“I stole that from her” he said smirking and sitting on his desk nonchanlantly “I was trying to get her number but she wasn’t willing to give it to me so I stole it. Apparently I wasn’t careful enough and dropped it”

“I still can’t believe what you are saying Kyuhyun” he said disappointed

“Come on dad, who else would have been able to break into your office?” he asked. He was right. Being his son made it so much easier to enter his office. “And how can you believe that your best student would steal an exam? I bet she doesn’t even have the guts to do it”

Everything Kyuhyun was saying made sense and the way he acted made his father believe it all. He looked at him mad and then turned to Seohyun.

“Ms. Seo, I’m really sorry for blaming you” he said really sorry and Seohyun gasped surprised. She couldn’t believe he had believed Kyuhyun’s lies.

“But sir… Kyuhyun didn’t do it!” she said worried “I’m sure of that!”

“Don’t try to defend me Joo Hyun” he said glaring at her “After I tried to frame you, how can you still do it?”

“But…” she tried to say something but the principal cut her off

“You may go know Ms. Seo” he said and then glared at his son “As for you Kyuhyun, you won’t have any different treatment for being my son. You are expelled from this school. I don’t want to see around”

He sounded more disappointed than mad. He couldn’t believe his own son would do something like that.

Both Seohyun and Kyuhyun walked out of the office silently. When they were finally out, she looked at him with hurt eyes.

“Why did you do this?” she asked with tears in her eyes “I know you didn’t steal the exam”

“Don’t you think I would try to frame you?” he asked

“You can be a brainless jerk sometimes but I trust you” she said sincerely and she didn’t dare to face him because she was blushed. He smiled genuinely for the first time in that day. “And I know you wouldn’t do that”

“I’m glad you know” he said smirking and Seohyun sighed. She looked at him feeling really guilty

“You shouldn’t have taken the blame for something neither of use did” she said

“I couldn’t let you get expelled” he said smiling to her “My father is rich and he is the principal. Sooner or later, I’ll get back. If they had expelled you, there wasn’t going to be any human force that would have been able to get you back here”

“Kyuhyun…” she said looking down. She still couldn’t believe he was doing this for her and she felt really sorry for him.

“Besides, something like this wouldn’t look good on your school record” he said laughing as if nothing had happened. She couldn’t hold back the tears that were falling from her eyes. He touched her face and wiped her tears gently.

“Don’t worry about me” he said giving her a reassuring smile “I’ll be fine. Just be careful”

Unexpectedly, Seohyun hugged him suddenly. He was surprised at first but then smiled. She was sobbing hardly and he hugged her tightly and caressed her hair.

Kyuhyun wasn’t the kind of guy that would seat and wait to see what happened. He wasn’t going to let this person get away with it. No sir. He was going to find out who did it and he was going to make sure he or she suffered the consecuences.  No one could mess up with Cho Kyuhyun and get away with it.

....................

Updated finally! :D Again thanks a lot for your support readers...