Chapter 21: Saved

Hate or Love? [Hiatus]

Chapter 21: Saved

That afternoon, after getting expelled, Kyuhyun went over to Siwon’s house to talk to the guys. The four of them were on his room and he was explaining what happened. Donghae, Siwon and Leeteuk listened completely shocked

“That’s the most stupid thing you’ve ever done, maknae!” Leeteuk, being the oldest, scolded him

“And you did all that for a girl?” Siwon asked surprised

“YAH! It was the right thing to do” he said pissed off with his friends “She was going to get expelled for something she didn’t do!”

“And took the blame for something you didn’t do either” Donghae said and shook his head “Can’t believe the evil maknae actually has feelings”

Leeteuk and Siwon laughed when he said that. It was true, Kyuhyun had never cared for anyone like that before.

“I bet you would’ve done the same thing if you were in my place. For Jessica, Yoona and Taeyeon” he said and the guys were left speechless. Kyuhyun smirked as he knew he was right. “You guys can pretend that you don’t care but you know you actually do”

“That’s not the point” Siwon said changing the subject “The point is, how you are going to fix this”

“I’m the evil maknae” he said smirking “I’ll figure it out”

“You don’t seem worried” Donghae said surprised

“It’s just that there are not much people that can easily access my father’s office” he said, leaving the guys thinking. He then looked at his watch and stood up.

“I’d better get going” he said in a hurry “If my father arrives home and I’m not there, he’s going to kill me”

“Oh then take your time to go back” Donghae joked and the guys laughed

“Not funny” he said glaring at them “Anyway, talk to you later guys”

He rushed out of Siwon’s room and ran downstairs. He ran pass Sooyoung and waved at her before leaving as fast as he could.

“Weird” she said and then went to her room

………………………………………………

Kyuhyun ran home and when he arrived he was relieved that his parents weren’t home just. He sighed relieved and went to the garden to take some fresh air. He sat on his hammock and sighed again. Life without school would be truly boring. Not because he enjoyed studying but because he would miss teasing people.

The doorbell suddenly rang and he frowned surprised. Who would it be? His parents had keys so there was no need to ring the doorbell. Visitors maybe? But he had just left Siwon’s house so it couldn’t be his friends. So who it was? He was clueless.

“Youngmaster, you have a visitor” the butler said and then left. When he was about to reply, he saw a tall figure walking towards him. He smiled when he saw her.

“Hi Seohyun” he said. She looked a little bit sad “What are you doing here? I thought you hated me”

“I never said I hated you” she said and he laughed “I’m here because I want to help you”

“Help me do what?” he asked playfully. He knew the answer but he wanted to a little bit.

“YAH! Help you find the guilty, don’t you remember?” she asked

“Of course” he said laughing again

“You don’t seem worried” she said surprised

“And you sound just like Donghae” he joked and he glared at him. Sometimes it bothered her that he didn’t take things seriously.

“I’m serious” she said and he stopped laughing

“Don’t worry” he said cheering her up “I have a few suspects”

“What? Who?” she asked surprised and sat next to him

“It is not that easy to break into my father’s office” he said with smirk on his face “So it had to be someoneclose to him or to me”

“Someone could have bribed his secretary” she said feeling uneasy about his theory

“That woman is too loyal to accept a bribe” he joked again “Then back to my theory it had to be someone close to me”

He stood there quiet for a moment,thinking about the possible suspects. Suddenly he remembered something important.

“I got it” he said with a smirk on his face “Seohyun, I’ll talk to you tomorrow”

“What?” she asked surprised “Aren’t you going to tell me?”

“First I have to find out if what I’m thinking is right” he said smirking again “I have to go, feel like home”

Before she could reply, he stormed out again. She was left dumbfounded but she decided to go home.  Kyuhyun ran to that place as he remembered something about his childhood.

:Flashback:

“Are you sure we can do that?” a 7 year old Kyuhyun asked

“Yes, don’t be a chicken Kyu” the other guy said

“How did you get the key of my father’s office?” he asked him

“My father has a copy, it was easy to get it” the other boy said with a smile on his face. The two little boys entered the big school without being seen and used the key to break into the principal’s office.

:End of flashback:

“I knew it had to be you” he said as soon as he arrived to his house. The guy turned around surprised to see him. Kyuhyun had a smirk on his face. Of course it had to be him. Why didn’t he think about it earlier?

“What are you talking about Kyuhyun?” he asked frowning

“You know what I’m talking about, cousin” he said to Chansung who looked at him shocked. How did he find out? He hadn’t intended to do something bad to him, he only wanted to screw with Seohyun.

“I really don’t know” he pretended that he knew nothing

“I don’t understand what grudge you are holding against her” he said looking at him seriously “Spill or I’ll tell your dad you stole a key of my dad’s office”

“YAH! That was when we were 7!” he complained “You can’t do anything against me. You have no proves that I did it!”

“You are the only one that has a key to that office besides my father” he said glaring at him “I wouldn’t have been able to break into that office even if I wanted to!”

“FINE! Maybe I did it!” he admitted “But I don’t understand why you are getting involved! They were supposed to expel her, not you!”

“Well, I got involved because I wanted to!” he yelled at his cousin for the first time in a long time “Because I actually care about people other than me, not like you!”

“What is that supposed to mean uh?!” he asked mad. No one had ever talked to him like that before. Not even him being evil kyu.

“Just tell me who told you to do it!” he yelled again. He was now losing patience and he clenching his fist so hardly that he punch him anytime soon.

“How do you know I didn’t do it because I wanted to?” he questioned him

“Because I’m not stupid!” he said and smirked again. He smarter than people thought he was. “I know you don’t have anything against her. It was someone else. Just spill”

“I see” Chansung said smirking too “It was Yeeun.”

“What?” Kyuhyun asked shocked. He couldn’t believe it was her. What did she have against Seohyun to do something like that to her? He couldn’t understand. “Why?”

“She was jealous of Seohyun because she is close to you” Chansung said smirking “So in the end, it’s your fault”

“Shut up!” he said mad and suddenly punched him hardly on the face. He looked at his cousin shocked. “You are going to tell the truth and clear both my name and Seohyun’s name!”

“What if I don’t do it?!” he asked

“Well, just in case… I brought a recorder” Kyuhyun said and smiled mockingly. Chansung was speechless and he knew that he was screwed but he wasn’t going down alone. If he was going down, he was going to take Yeeun with him.

…………………………………………………..

The next day, Seohyun was still worried because there were no signs of Kyuhyun anywhere. Her sisters were with her trying to calm her down but she wouldn’t stop worrying. Just then, Kyuhyun walked out of his father’s office with smirk on his face.

“What happened?” she asked him surprised to see him

“I told, everything would be solved” he said satisfied

“How?” Taeyeon asked still confused

“They found the person who tried to frame our sister?” Jessica asked

“Who did it?” Yoona asked

“Yah! Don’t ask too much” he complained because he was being bombarded with questions “Just be happy that we are not going to get expelled and be thankful that I saved her”

He smiled again and walked away leaving the four of them with a lot of questions. They decided not ask anymore. As he said, they were happy because she wasn’t free of any charge and she wasn’t going to get expelled.

……………………………………

“Kyuhyun, I need to talk to you” his father chased after him and finally reached him

“What do you want to tell me?” he asked

“I’m sorry… for believing it was you” he apologized

“Do not worry dad” he said as if it didn’t matter “I’m a good liar”

His father sighed and then smiled patting his head.

“Why did you do it anyway?” he asked curiously “Why did you protect her?”

“I might be a prankster and maybe a bully but I’m not a heartless person” he said and his father laughed

“You like this girl, don’t you?” he asked and Kyuhyun looked away

“I never said that” he said a little bit blushed “Anyway, what did you do to Chansung and Yeeun”

He sighed.

“You uncle is transferring Chansung to another school so that I don’t have to expel him but I cannot do anything about Yeeun. She wasn’t the one who stole the exams”

“But she tried to frame Seohyun!” he said frustrated

“We have no proves” the principal said and Kyuhyun clenched his fist “Don’t worry we’ll keep an eye on her”

………………………………………

Later in the afternoon, Taeyeon and Yoona who had stayed in the school for their extra curricular activities were getting ready to go home, when Taeyeon remembered something.

“Oh I think I forgot my chemistry book on the lab” she said worried

“Go and look for it, I’ll wait for you” Yoona said looking at her watch. It was 6.30 pm already and there were only a few people left on the school. “Hurry up. The school gets creepy at this hour”

“You go ahead, I’ll meet you at home” Taeyeon said.

“Are you sure?” Yoona asked and the she nodded. She didn’t argue and just walked out. Taeyeon ran to the chemistry lab, which luckily was still open. She looked on all the tables carefully but it wasn’t there.

“Weird” she said to herself “I swear I left it somewhere here”

She walked to the back and looked in the shelves. She smiled excited when she finally found it. When she was about to go out, the door suddenly closed making a loud sound.

She jumped startled and ran towards the door.

“Hello?!” she yelled “Is anyone there?!”

She tried to open the door but it was worthless. She was starting to freak out as she couldn’t open the door and there wasn’t anyone around the hallways.

“Yoona if you are playing a joke, this not funny” she said but she knew it couldn’t be her sister.