Chapter 24: Ball

Hate or Love? [Hiatus]

Chapter 24: Ball

Some days had passed after the fire and now Taeyeon was almost fully recovered at home. The police still hadn't find the culprit and Taeyeon didn't even know about what Uee and Hara did to her. No one knew, so it was going to be really difficult to find the culprit. They were going to close the case asuming it had been an accident.

Classes had been cancelled for about a week, since part of the school had burnt down and they were still repairring it. Mr. Cho, the school principal, was fuming about it. Of course, he had the money to repair it but he also had other business and he wasn't liquid enough at the time.

Mr. Cho rubbed his temples once again, thinking what he should do. He couldn't stop classes any longer because the kids would lose a lot of precious time. Kyuhyun looked at his father and patted his shoulder with an understanding look. Donghae, Siwon and Leeteuk were also there and looked at Mr. Cho with worried looks.

"I need to find a way to earn liquid money and fast" he said to Kyuhyun

"What about asking for a loan?" Siwon suggested.

"I have thought of it, but it takes time and I'll have to pay a high amount of interests" Mr. Cho replied and shook his head before sighing once again. The guys remained silent for while, thinking about how to help Mr. Cho with the problem. Suddenly an evil smirk appeared on Kyuhyun's face.

"I have an idea!" he said excited and everyone turned to face him.

"This better be good" Leeteuk said, half serious and half joking. Kyuhyun's ideas were either brilliant or the worst thing someone could come up with. 

"What about a organizing a ball to raise funds?" he suddenly said and everyone looked at him surprised. It actually sounded like a good idea. "We can sell tickets and with that and what you already have in the bank, we can repair the school fastly" 

"Kyu" Mr. Choi suddenly said putting his hand on his son's shoulder. He had an stern look on his face so Kyuhyun was worried that he had said something stupid "You are genious, son!"

The guys laughed at Kyuhyun's relieved face. He then smirked at the compliment. 

"Isn't this just an excuse to ask Seohyun out?" Siwon teased the maknae and he blushed hardly

"No!" he said embarrassed and a little bit blushed and his friends laughed. It was not common to see Cho Kyuhyun, the evil maknae, embarrassed over something and that was once in lifetime opportunity to make fun of him.

"But that's actually a good idea" Donghae suddenly said with a smirk on his face "I might ask Jessica to go with me"

The guys looked at him and laughed. He was so whipped, even if he wouldn't admit it. 

"So, what makes you think they are going to agree to go with you huh?" Leeteuk suddenly said "What if they reject you? Or what if others guys ask them first?"

They looked at the older guy and thought about what he said. It was true, other guys could ask them first and even if they didn't want to admit it out loud, they were worried about it.

.............................................................

A week had passed ever since their conversation with Mr. Cho and they were now back to school since they couldn't cancel the classes anymore. They only had few classes though, only the ones that took place in the parts that weren't affected by the fire. 

The news of the ball had already spread around the school and everyone was excited about it. Girls were waiting to be asked, wishing the guys they liked asked them and guys were nervously planning how to ask girls to the ball and praying not to be rejected.

"I don't like this atmoshphere" Jessica said with an annoyed face as she was walking to class with her sisters and her friends "It's too lovey dovey"

"That's because you don't have a date... yet" Tiffany said before giggling. Jessica glared at her and the later just laughed again. The sisters were the only ones in their group without a date. But Tiffany knew they were going to get asked eventually, everyone knew that, because they were very popular with boys ever since they arrived.

Everyone had a date for the ball already. Heechul had asked Tiffany to be his date a few days ago. He gave her a bouquet of pink roses, her favorite flowers, and asked her to be his date. Of course she agreed. 

Sungmin had done something crazier. He had dressed in a white rabbit custome and like that, he had asked Sunny to his date for the ball. Between giggles, Sunny had obviously agreed as well.

Hankyung had used what Sooyoung loved the most, food. He baked a cake for her and wrote his question on the cake. Sooyoung had almost eaten the cake without reading it. When she finally read it, she had of course agreed as well.

Eunhyuk even danced and made a rap for Hyoyeon. At first she hit him hardly for embarrassing her in public but then had smiled brightly and accepted.

Yesung had finally dared to speak to Yuri after he confessed his feelings. It had been a few weeks since he confessed and she had been avoiding him ever since then, but he dared to ask her to the dance, putting everything that happened behind. She agreed, but she still didn't gave him an answer about his confession.

Shindong had a date for the dance as well. He had shyly invited a girl he had always had crush on, and she agreed gladly. Her name was Nari, and it seemed like she had a crush on him as well.

Now everyone in their group of friends had dates for the ball, except Jessica, Yoona, Taeyeon and Seohyun. Tons of guys had wanted to ask them, but no one had dared. Maybe because they knew the girls were close to the kingkas and they didn't want trouble with them.

The girls walked together to their first class of the day since they all had the same class at that time. As Jessica was about to walk in the classroom, someone suddenly stood in front of her. She was startled to see the tall, blonde guy in front of her. He bowed and then looked at her nervously.

"Jessica noona" he said trembling a little bit. "Do you want to go to ball with me?"

Jessica stood there, dumbfounded. The guy in front of him was a year younger than her but still, he was truly handsome and he was very popular with girls. He was known to be very cold, but now that he was in front of Jessica, he seemed totally different. His name was Wu Yifan, also known as Kris.

"Kris ssi... I..." before she could give him a reply, someone put his arm around Jessica's shoulder and pulled her closer, shocking her.

"She has a date already" he said and her eyes widened. Kris was surprised at the sight of the guy with his arm around Jessica. She looked at him in disbelief "Me"

"Donghae hyung" the guy said a little bit nervous. He knew, he shouldn't mess up with Donghae. Kris looked at Jessica and then at Donghae and sighed disappointed, before bowing down and leaving. 

When Kris was finally out of sight, Jessica glared at Donghae and elbowed him on the stomach, causing him to wince in pain.

"Ouch!" he complained, holding his stomach

"You are such a liar!" she yelled at him

"I was just saving you!" he said "Don't tell me you did wanted to go the ball with him?"

"I don't know him very well, but he seemed like a nice guy" she said and his eyes widened in shock. 

"I could be a much better date than him" Donghae suddenly said and she glared at him

"Yeah right" she said sarcastically as she started walking away from him "Just stop saying you are my date for the ball"

"Oh you'll be my date for the ball, princess" he mumbled low enough not to be heard by her. Luckily, Jessica didn't hear. He just smirked and watched her as she left.

................................................................................................

After break time, Yoona was walking to her next class alone when someone tapped her shoulder gentlly. She turned around a little bit startled, but then smiled at the person in front of her.

"Oh hi Jongin ssi" she said and the younger guy blushed a little bit. She knew him from the basketball games since he was in the team. Yoona, as a cheerleader, knew everyone in the team. Kim Jongin, also known as Kai, was the only sophomore that made it to the team and that was impressive.

"Noona..." he said nervously as he started rubbing the back of his neck "I was wondering if you... you know... if you... wanted to go to the ball with me"

Yoona's eyes widened upon the sudden question. She hadn't expect that and she didn't know what to say. She liked him, but not in that way. She could only see him as a little brother and she didn't know what to do. She didn't want to hurt his feelings.

"Jongin... I..." Yoona was speechless, but somehow Jongin understood her message because he looked down and smiled bitterly.

"You already have a date, don't you?" he asked a little bit dissappointed "Silly me"

Yoona didn't say anything. She didn't want to lie to him but she didn't want to tell him she didn't have one because it would feel really bad to reject him even when she didn't have a date for the ball. 

Yoona looked at him with a sorry face and Jongin smiled once last time, before leaving. He turned around to leave when he suddenly bumped into someone. 

"Sorry" a cold voice apologized. Jongin looked up and was startled at the sight of that person.

"Captain Choi, sorry" he said a little bit startled and bowed down before leaving. Siwon patted his shoulder and then Jongin left. Yoona was surprised to see him. Did he hear all her conversation with Jongin? Or had he just arrived?

"Why did you reject Kai?" Siwon asked in a mocking voice and Yoona was startled. That was the answer to her question, he had heard all of her conversation. "You might be waiting for your boyfriend Taecyeon to ask you right?"

Yoona just rolled her eyes and Siwon smirked. 

"Taecyeon is not my boyfriend" she said once again. She had lost count of how times she had said that to him and still, he didn't seem to believe that. "And he may not be the one I'm waiting for"

Siwon was surprised at first but then just smiled. 

"So you are really waiting for someone" he said. Yoona just looked at him and smiled without replying and she then walked away, leaving Siwon dumbfounded. 

.......................................................................................................

Taeyeon had just walked out of History class and was feeling a little bit sleepy. She yawned tired as she walked to her next class, which was Music class. On her way to the music room, she bumped into Seohyun and the younger girl decided to accompany her sister to class since she was free.

Taeyeon and Seohyun walked down the hallway, chatting happily, unaware of the fact that two guys were looking at them. One of them was a cute boy with deer eyes and the other one a black haired boy with an angelic face. Both were really cute.

"There they go!" one of them said excited, elbowing his friend. His eyes were fixed on Seohyun and a sudden smile appeared on his face. He liked Seohyun very much and he was very thankful to her as well. Back then, when he was having trouble with chemistry, Seohyun had gladly accepted to be his tutor.

"Ouch that hurt Luhan hyung" the black haired boy complained "I saw them already"

"Come on Suho" the boy named Luhan, grabbed his friend and they both approached the girls who were walking to class. Suho's eyes landed on Taeyeon and he couldn't help but blush a little bit. He had always had crush on her. Ever since he met her in the Music class. Although she would usually spend her time with Jaejoong or bickering with Leeteuk, he wouldn't give up.

"Hi noonas" the boys said awkwardly when they stepped in front of the girl.

"Suho ssi, Luhan ssi... hi" Taeyeon said a little bit surprised to see the two boys. Seohyun smiled and bowed at them politely.

Not so far away, two boys had finally walked out of classes and streched their arms tiredly. The younger boy looked around and when he spotted the scene in front of his eyes, he stopped walking abruptly. The older boy looked at him annoyed, but then his gaze followed his friends' sight and his eyes widened suddenly.

"I told you Kyu!" Leeteuk complained "They were going to eventually going to get asked"

"I know that, I'm not stupid hyung!" Kyuhyun told Leeteuk as the two of the watched the two sisters talk with the boys. Leeteuk glared at Suho and he suddenly felt his fist clenching. 

"That boy seems to really like Taeyeon" he said a little bit annoyed

"You know him?" Kyuhyun asked raising an eyebrow

"When I don't skip music class I usually catch him staring a Taeyeon like a crazy fanboy!" he explained and Kyuhyun held back his laughter. It was amusing how Leeteuk would act so different when he was jealous. Kyuhyun suddenly looked at the scene once again and his expression changed.

"I know that deer boy!" he said annoyed "I've seen Seohyun tutoring him!"

They both remained quiet as they watched, until Kyuhyun broke the silence once again.

"Aren't we going to stop them?" Kyuhyun asked looking at Leeteuk, who just shrugged. The two boys approached the girls and smiled.

"Hi girls" they said and they smiled

"Oh the principal is looking for you two" Kyuhyun lied to the boys, who looked at each other confused. It sounded weird because they had never done anything bad to be called by the principal but since it was Kyuhyun, the principal's son, they believed him. Kyuhyun smirked when he saw them bowing down and saying goodbye to the girls. They looked dissappointed because they didn't even have the chance to ask them.

"What are you guys up to?" Taeyeon asked getting a little bit suspicious and the two boys just laughed awkwardly.

"It's nothing" Leeteuk replied with a serious tone

"Ok..." Seohyun said, still not convinced. She then looked at her watch and her eyes widened "Oh unnie, you are going to be late for your class!"

Taeyeon looked at her watch and her eyes widened. The girls waved goodbye at the boys before running to class. The boys looked at them and wondered, why the hell they didn't ask them when they had had the chance. They looked at each other and sighed.

"I hate to admit it but... I think we need Donghae hyung" Kyuhyun admitted and Leeteuk just nodded

"Did someone say Donghae?" someone said and they turned around startled to see him. Donghae walked to them with a smirk on his face and Siwon, who was also there, walked behind him.

"Hyung... we..." Kyuhyun tried to say something but Donghae stopped him

"I know you are having trouble because you don't know how to ask them but I have a plan" he said with a smirk on his face. The other three guys looked at him with curiosity, but didn't dare to say anything... Would his plan work?

.....................................................................................................................................

Updated finally! T.T I took me ages I know but I was busy and I lost inspiration somehow :( I know it not an excuse for not updating :(

Anyway, I have more free time now so I'll try not to neglect my stories anymore... I decided to continue this story, at least for a few more chapters :D

So what do you think of this chapter? I hope you like it... and yeah exo made a cameo xD I couldn't help it, I love them too much keke

Thanks for everyone who waited patiently for this :D I LOVE YOU READERS