Chapter 23: News

Hate or Love? [Hiatus]

Chapter 23:News

“She is not breathing” the paramedics said alarmed

“WHAT?” everyone yelled shocked.

“Please do anything to save her!” Jessica yelled at them with tears in her eyes. She was trembling with fear and couldn’t control herself.

The paramedics put a mask of oxygen on her and carried her to the ambulance. Then they came for Leeteuk and the ambulance parted to the hospital.

The girls were still sobbing hardly and the guys didn’t know what to do to comfort them. They had never in that situation before and they didn’t know they should act.

“Let me take you the hospital” Kyuhyun’s dad told them and they agreed. The six of them hoped in Mr. Cho’s van and he drove them to the hospital. During the whole trip to the hospital, everyone was very quiet. No one dared to say anything and they were stuck in an uncomfortable situation. The only time where they heard a voice during the trip was when Jessica called their father to let him what had happened.

When they finally arrived, the got off the car and thanked Mr. Choi for driving them.

“Guys I still need to solve some things about my burnt school are you going to be ok alone?” he asked them

“We are going to be fine dad, don’t worry” Kyu said giving his father a reassuring smile “Thanks for the drive”

“Call me if you need anything or if there are news of them” he said and they nodded. When the car already left, the six of them walked inside the hospital as quiet as they were during the whole trip.

They were asked to wait in the waiting room and so they did. The girls had already stopped sobbing and were more calmed right now but they were still really worried. They couldn’t imgine what it would be like to lose Taeyeon. They didn’t want to think about it.

“Girls I arrived as soon as I could” Soo Man arrived and ran to their daughters who hugged him tightly “Do you have news of them?”

“Not yet” Yoona said sadly. They sat down again and continued waiting silently for the news.

“D-do you guys think she is going to be fine?” Seohyun suddenly asked stuttering a little bit

“Don’t lose hope” Kyuhyun told her and grabbed her hand gently “She is going to be fine”

In that moment Seohyun felt like smiling but she just couldn’t. It wasn’t a situation to smile about.

“Mr. Lee?” a nurse suddenly came and make them all jump startled when she spoke.

“I need you to sign some papers about your daughter please” she said and all of them felt disappointed. They were expecting some news but they wouldn’t come. Mr. Lee left with the nurse and the six of them were left alone once again.

“I never thought Leeteuk would do that for Taeng” Jessica said smiling faintly “I’m really thankful to him”

“Leeteuk is not the heartless jerk you all think he is” Donghae explained with a smile “He has gone through a lot more crap than you could ever imagine”

In that moment, the doctor came out of one of the rooms and immediately the six of them stood up.

“Doctor, do you have any news about Park Jungsoo or Kim Taeyeon?” Siwon was the one who asked and the doctor nodded

“Mr. Park is stable but he still hadn’t woken up but… Ms. Kim is in intensive care right now, we still have to see”

“Can we see him?” Kyuhyun asked. The doctor looked at him and then sighed

“Only family is allowed to see him right now” the doctor said

They sighed defeated and went back to their seats. They were about to break down but they had to be strong. They had to be strong for both of them. How much longer did they have to wait?

Hours passed by and still, they didn’t have any news of Taeyeon. They were praying the she would be fine.  About Leeteuk, the doctor came out and told them that he had already woken up, so the guys decided to go and visit him, while the girls remained outside with their father, waiting for news about Taeyeon.

The guys entered Leeteuk’s room and smiled when they saw that their friend was already awake.

“You scared the hell out of us, dude!” Donghae said and he laughed

“I’m sorry” he said and then looked at them with a worried expression “How is Taeyeon?”

The guys looked at each other trying to find an answer but neither of them knew what to do. Leeteuk stared at then confused and then started to feel really worried with their expressions. Why did no one want to talk?

“YAH! WHY DON’T YOU TELL ME?!” he asked freaking out

“Calm down Teuk” Siwon said putting his hand on his shoulder but Leeteuk shoved his hand off. He was desperate to know how Taeyeon was and no one was giving him news.

“I need to see her!” he yelled

…………………………………………………………………

Some hours later, Taeyeon had been moved to normal room but she was still unconscious. The girls were with her since they haven’t left the hospital for a single second. Their dad had to go to work so the three girls were there on their own.

*Knock*knock*

When they heard the sudden knock on the door, Seohyun stood up and went to open it.

“Can I come in?” he asked and the three girls were shocked to see him. He wasn’t fully recovered yet but the doctors had allowed him to go and visit Taeyeon.

“Oh Leeteuk sshi, of course come in” the guy smiled to them and walked in, looking at Taeyeon with sad eyes. She was lying on the bed with her eyes closed as if she was sleeping peacefully.

“Girls, can you leave us alone for a while?” he asked them. They looked at each other and then nodded, before leaving the room. After they had left, Leeteuk walked closer to her bed and sat there next to her. He took her hand and he couldn’t hold back the tears anymore.

“Taeyeon… you have to be fine” he said still holding her hand as tears rolled down his eyes “Your sisters need you”

He made a pause after saying and then smiled.

 “I’m sorry for everything.  I’m sorry for not believing in you. You were such a good friend to me and I screwed up. I’m sorry”

He wiped his tears with his free hand and then smiled at her once again.

“I can’t believe I’m going to say this” he said and laughed at himself “Don’t leave me Taeyeon, I need you. I lost my mom and I don’t to lose you too. I wouldn’t be able to stand that”

He closed his eyes and sobbed quietly.

“Say that again?” he suddenly heard her mumble and he opened his eyes immediately. He was shocked to see that Taeyeon had already woken up and was now smiling.

“YAH! You were conscious all this time?” he asked and she tried to laugh but choked

“No” she said after coughing “I just woke up when I heard you say that”

Leeteuk couldn’t help but blush but he was really happy that she was ok.

“Did you really mean it?” she asked and he laughed. He looked at her sternly and then smiled

“Of course” he said holding her hand tigher and she smiled “I don’t want to lose you”

“I’m not going anywhere…”