Chapter 18: Dinner?

Hate or Love? [Hiatus]

Chapter 18: Dinner?

Siwon closed the door of his house after Yoona left and sighed. He shook his head as he couldn’t believe he had been about to kiss her.

“What the hell was that?” Sooyoung suddenly asked coming downstairs and shocking Siwon “No kiss?”

“YAH! You were eavesdropping our conversation?!” he asked embarrassed and at the same time mad

“I wouldn’t have if I knew it would be so boring” Sooyoung joked and Siwon glared at her “Like seriously, no kiss?”

“Stop being so nosy!” he said

“Stop acting like you don’t care anything!” Sooyoung told him “Because we all know that you care a lot about Yoona and you’ve just proved it!”

“And what if I care?” he asked coldly “It’s not of your concern”

“Aww my brother is becoming sweet” Sooyoung , using a cheesy tone that pissed him off

“Oh shut up Soo” he said covering his ears

“Just admit you are falling for her” she said “And finally let me win our bet”

“You still remember that?!” Siwon asked surprised

“Of course” she said happily

“Well, too bad. I’m not going to admit anything because I’m not in love with her”

“Still in denial” she said teasing him again “But when you finally admit it, I’ll make sure the entire school finds out”

Siwon just shook his head in disbelief and Sooyoung laughed at her brother.

…………………………………………….

Donghae’s POV

“I want you to date their daughter. More exactly, I want you to be her boyfriend” my father said and I was shocked

“WHAT?!” I asked surprised. Why did I feel like I didn’t want to do this? A few months ago, I was the biggest playboy of the school and I wouldn’t have minded dating someone but now… everything was different. “I can’t date someone I don’t know”

I didn’t want to date whoever that girl was. I only had one girl in my mind at that moment. A certain blonde girl who I love to tease.

“Come on Hae” my father said patting my shoulder and winking at me “I know this is not difficult for you. You are a womanizer, everyone knows it”

“Yes, but having a girlfriend is not my thing” I complained and my father frowned

“Maybe it’s time for you to change” my mom said

“Hae, you said you’d help” my father said in a threatening tone and I sighed. I had to do as they told me for the sake of my father’s campaign.

“Fine. I’ll do it” I said giving up and my parents smiled brightly. Of course they would smile. “So… who is this girl?”

“Oh she is a lovely girl” My mom said “Her name is Goo Hara”

“WHAT?!” when my mom said her name I couldn’t help but yell. I was still really angry at her for what she did to my princess, how was I suppose to pretend to be his boyfriend? Why did it have to be Hara among all the girls in the world?

“You know her?” my father asked surprised “That’s good because, they invited us for dinner tomorrow night so you’d better be ready”

I sighed again. Why on Earth was this happening to me?

……………………………………….

The next day when I arrived to school, I told Siwon, Kyuhyun and Leeteuk about my problem and as expected they laughed.

“Are you really going to do this?” Siwon asked me

“I have to” I said defeated “It’s for my father’s campaign”

“The old Donghae would have love to date Hara” Kyuhyun mocked me and I just glared at him

“Well, I’m not the old Donghae anymore” I said

“Relax man, it’s only until the elections” Leeteuk cheered me up “After that, you can do whatever you want”

I smiled and turned around when Siwon elbowed me. At first I didn’t know why he did that but then I saw the ice princess walking towards me looking gorgeous as always. What am I supposed to say?

End of Donghae’s POV

…………………..

Jessica’s POV

After what Siwon did for Yoona, I realized that the kingkas weren’t as bad as I thought. I didn’t know what came into my mind but I thought I should give Donghae a chance to explain what really happened between him and Hara.

I decided that I should go and talk to him. When I arrived to the school, I saw him talking to the other kingkas. I had the impression that he wasn’t as cheerful as always.

He didn’t notice me at first but then Siwon elbowed him and he turned around. I slowly walked towards him.

“Donghae, can we talk?” I asked him and he smiled brightly

“Sure” he said happy and shooed his friends.

“You should tell her” Leeteuk told him patting his back and he glared at him. Tell me what?

“Tell me what?” I asked him

“Don’t mind them” he said changing the subject “I’m glad you decided to talk Jessica. I assure you, I didn’t kiss Hara”

“And I be…” I was about to say I believed him when Hara suddenly appeared and wrapped her arms around Donghae’s neck. WTH?

“Donghae oppa, I’m glad to see you” she said and kissed him. I was shocked. How could I be so stupid to think that he was telling me the truth?

He pushed her and glared at her.

“Jessica, this is not what you think!” he said nervously but I didn’t know what to believe anymore

“Oh yes it is exactly what she thinks” she said and smirked kissing Donghae in the cheek. “Didn’t you tell her the good news?”

“Which news?” I asked pissed off

“We are dating” she said clinging to his arm and I was shocked. I couldn’t believe all this time he had been lying to me!

“You are liar!” I yelled at him

“Things are not like that! Please believe me Sica” Donghae said and looked at me with pleading eyes.

“I don’t what to believe anymore” I said and I left really upset. I didn’t know why it felt so wrong.

End of Jessica’s POV

Normal POV

“Hara let go of my arm!” he said removing her hands from his arm. He was really pissed off “You ruined everything!”

“FYI, you are my boyfriend and not hers!” she yelled

“Just so you know, I’m only doing this for my father!” he yelled at her “I want nothing to do with you!”

“I don’t care” she said and smiled “As long as you are only mine”

“But… if you are coming for dinner tonight make it believable” Hara said with a smirk on her face “That’s if you want my parents to help yours”

“Whatever” he said and left her.

…………………………..

Jessica was walking in the corridors slapping for forehead. She didn’t want to admit how disappointed and mad she was with Donghae.

“I can’t believe I was so stupid!” she said.

“Are you ok?” someone asked her as she distracted walking and she jumped startled

“Oh Nichkhun” she said surprised and he smiled “I’m fine”

“Really?” he asked her and she nodded

“Don’t worry, I’m ok” she lied

“Ok” he said and then continued with what he was going to say “Sica… it’s been a long time since we hang out”

“Why are you suddenly asking this?” she asked curiously

“Uhmm I was wondering if you wanted to have dinner with me at my house” he said suddenly and Jessica was surprised

“Why?” she asked “Is there an special occasion?”

“No, no” he said nervously “It’s just that my sister is inviting his boyfriend for dinner and I didn’t want to feel weird so I’m inviting you”

He was kind of blushed and Jessica laughed at his shyness until she realized he said sister. As far as she was concerned, he didn’t have a sister.

“I didn’t know you had a sister” she said

“She is actually my stepsister” he said. That kind of explained everything

“I didn’t know your mom remarried” she said still in disbelief

“Well, it’s a long story” he said and smiled “So… what do I tell mom?”

Jessica thought about it for while. It had been long time since she last hung out with her best friend so she thought it was a good idea.

“Who can say no to Mrs. Horvejkul?” she said smiling and Nichkhun laughed

“So I guess that’s a yes” he said and she nodded “Good. Mom misses you a lot”

She laughed and he smiled brightly.

“So, see you tonight” he said

………………………………………

At night, Jessica was getting ready to go to Nichkhun’s house. He didn’t tell her it was going to be formal but she guessed it since his family somehow belonged to the royalty.

“Are you seriously going to have dinner at Nichkhun’s house?” Taeyeon asked worried

“Yes, why so worried?” Jessica asked

“I’m afraid he is going to propose or something like that” she said and Jessica choked. Yoona and Seohyun just laughed

“YAH! What kind of nonsense is that?” Jessica asked

“But Taeng is right” Yoona said “Nichkhun’s mom loves you so much that if it were for her, you two would be married already”

“Ok you guys are totally crazy” Jessica said freaking out

“We don’t have to worry since her heart belongs to a certain fish” Seohyun joked. YoonTae laughed but Jessica didn’t glared at them

“Don’t talk about that fish face or I’m going to hit someone!” she said and the three of them stayed quiet

…………………………………..

Donghae sighed as his mom was adjusting his tie. He already hated the idea of having dinner with  Hara’s family but wearing a suit made it even worse.

“Please behave Hae” his father said and he faked a smile

“Ready?” his mom asked

“Sure” he lied.

Their driver droved to Hara’s house, which happened to be bigger than expected. The house seemed more like a palace than like a mansion. When they walked out of the limo they were greeted by Hara, her father and a woman that Hae guessed was Hara’s stepmother.

“Good evening, Mr. Goo” Donghae’s dad greeted him and shook his hand “It’s a pleasure to be here”

“I can say the same” Mr. Goo said smiling. Hara was smiling brightly and Donghae faked a smile when he greeted him. He had to act like he was happy so that he wouldn’t disappoint his dad.

“This is my beloved wife if you don’t know her” he said introducing her and she smiled.

“Nice to meet you” Mrs. Lee said

“Let’s wait for my son before entering” the woman said and the Lees nodded

“Oh you have a son?” Mrs. Lee asked and she nodded “How old is he?”

“About your son’s and Hara’s age” she replied nicely

“So he goes to our school?” Donghae asked

“Yes, Hae you know  him” Hara replied “He is N…”

Hara couldn’t finish her sentence because she was interrupted by her stepmother.

“Khun, finally you arrived” when Donghae heard his name he turned around shocked. Nichkhun’s mouth dropped open when he saw Donghae there.

Donghae stood there frozen when he saw Jessica with Nichkhun. He couldn’t move or say a word. Jessica was shocked as well. She didn’t know how to react. She was too shocked to see Donghae and Hara there.

“Donghae?” she asked still disbelief “Nichkhun, why didn’t you tell me Hara was your sister?!”

In that moment, she felt betrayed. She couldn’t believe that Nichkhun would bring her there knowing how much Hara hated her. She couldn’t believe Donghae had had the guts to lie to her like that if it was more than obvious now that he was dating Hara.

She didn’t know what to do. Excuse herself and leave? Or stay there in a dinner that was going to turn out into a complete disaster?