xxx;;

P A N D E M O N I U M

---xxx;;

Throughout the week, Shiyeon was restless as ever.

The majority of the non-dimwitted Exo members had seemed to notice, but never brought it up as Saebyul always shot them a glare and took it upon herself to calm down the tense brunette. Although she’d loosened up after each session with her sole female friend, Shiyeon had developed an overprotective tendency of never allowing the group to go outside when hanging out.

Exo had dismissed it as fear for Saebyul, but Kai was sure it was more. Shiyeon wasn’t the type to worry too much, especially for Saebyul who, as everyone knew, took care of herself perfectly well. It was definitely odd for her to be so cautious with their athletic, predominantly male, large-numbered and very high average size bunch.

Something was wrong. And he was going to get it out of her.

 

“What’s really going on, Yeon?”

Said woman raised her head from her face-down position on the table, eye bags evident and hair flying haphazardly around her face when usually it framed her sharp features flawlessly.

“Oh,” she breathed lightly, blinking several times before dropping her head yet again, “Nothing. Don’t worry about it.”

Kai frowned, reaching over the table and holding her hand gently. The lack of warmth in her fingers only compelled him to tighten his grip, “Don’t lie. You can tell me whatever is bothering you. I can’t promise a solution, but I will definitely try help.”

Shiyeon gazed up at her boyfriend, and her blank stare with the slightest hint of annoyance took him back, “It’s nothing, just leave it alone. Please.”

“Yeon—“

“Jongin, I’m fine,” she firmly stated.

“No, you’re not!” the male exclaimed irately, rising abruptly. Ignoring the stares of the people around them, despite them being in a somewhat secluded area, Kai proceeded to point out her exhausted appearance, “You barely eat, you don’t talk, and you didn’t come to any of our hangouts or rehearsals. You didn’t even go to Saebyul’s competition. Fine, whatever, you’re being antisocial, but when you did bother showing up you hardly do anything but look around! It’s like you’re being followed by a ghost. What’s wrong with you?! Why can’t you trust me?”

Her back creaked slightly as she slowly sat up, staring intently at the man before her in bewilderment. He’d never raised his voice at her. Though she had been unreachable for the past several days, Shiyeon had never realized exactly how detached and cryptic she had been. Only Saebyul, as carefree as she was, rooted her to the ground.

She opened , unsure of what to say, and could only utter his name softly, “Jongin…”

“How am I supposed to work with this relationship if you aren’t willing to try?” he replied, turning so he was facing the football field a short distance away. Anywhere as long as he couldn’t see the anguish that was building in Shiyeon’s eyes, getting heavier by the days.

A stinging sensation crept into , slowly spreading itself through her nose and eyes. Shiyeon tensed at the unfamiliar feeling, biting back the urge to reach out to the male.

Instead, a cold retort left her pale lips.

“Then stop trying.”