xxviii;;

P A N D E M O N I U M

---xxviii;;

“So…”

Shiyeon rapidly typed another paragraph, ignoring the male as she turned and discussed the sales of the latest item with Saebyul. Their families had recently signed another contract to support each other while Saebyul’s parents were absent from the newest developing branch.

Sehun pursed his lips, watching irately as he curled himself into a tight ball, “How long are you guys going to be out of school?”

The two turned simultaneous in an almost robotic manner, at the same exact speed. They gave the suddenly shrinking maknae a blank stare before blinking and turning back to their work. Suho glanced up from reading the feedback reports and tossed the impatient younger members an apologetic smile, “They have a lot to handle right now. We’ll just have to help them as much as we can if we want them to return anytime soon,”

“I’m not a business major, what can I possibly do?” Chanyeol whined, rolling wildly on and off Baekhyun’s lap as the shorter of the two intently studied a financial file.

“I second that!” Xiumin raised a hand, shoving another pork bun in his mouth with the other. Kyungsoo had taken a break from his assigned work long enough to make food for the restless bunch, though it did not keep them distracted for long.

Without warning, Sehun forced himself between the two girls and their computers and yelled loudly, “Entertain me, peasants!”

Jongin sneered, easily kicking the younger down with a flick of his foot. The dancer made himself comfortable at the leg of the desk right next to Shiyeon, almost falling under the desk, “Even I’m trying to help, useless maknae. Go play somewhere else.”

Sehun yelped and glared at Kai, attempting to rub his foot on the older’s face, “Don’t act like you’re superior!”

Shiyeon rolled her eyes, gently pulling Kai back from fighting while Saebyul roughly pushed Sehun’s face away with a shriveling glare. Jongin stuck his tongue out the rainbow-haired male, expression changing drastically when he faced his girlfriend and grinned.

Silence enveloped the office once again, only for Tao and Sehun to break out in a fight minutes later. A loud slam caught everyone’s attention, an exhausted Saebyul with dark eye bags glowering wordlessly whereas Shiyeon snickered at their misfortune. Kai, having been under the desk when Saebyul decided to punch it winced and squirmed closer to Shiyeon’s legs. The brunette smiled softly, relaxing her tense muscles as she watching the less-than-amused Saebyul rage.

All of a sudden, everything within the blonde’s reach was flying toward Sehun as he desperately tried to hide behind the furniture. The force put into her attacks was deadly, and seemed to make a gunshot-like sound every time it impacted something. Afraid of her wrath, no one had done anything to stop Saebyul until Shiyeon easily pulled her back to the computer and the remaining men laughed at Sehun’s misery.

Kris sighed, “Why don’t you make yourself useful and try to figure out who’s targeting your noona?”

The maknae’s eyes brightened dramatically.

“Detective Oh is on the case!”

“Hey, don’t forget, me! I’m the Sherlock here, you stupid Watson,” Tao yelped, struggling to pull himself out of the mass of bodies that compiled during the conjoined fight.

Shiyeon rolled her eyes, turning back to her work, “Anything as long as you brats get out of my hair.”

“Yeah! Listen to my wife!”

“We’re not married.”

“Not yet, babe.”