Chapter 8 TT_TT

Can You Really Turn My Life Around?

EUNMI/ SUHAN’S POV

It was the day we were all going to drive down to LA to check out our home and and venue. The night before, I couldn’t get much sleep, since it was only a week before the competition. I just used the night to think about things, and set them clear.

 

-FLASHBACK [YEAR OF THE INCIDENT]-

 

“Sweetie, Mommy has something important to tell you.” my mom called out to me, scooting over and patting the spot next to her on the couch.

 

I skipped over to her and sat down asking her, “What is it mom?”

 

“I think its about time to talk about your future, and what you want to be when you grow up. You’re going into middle school soon, and thats only going to be another few years before you have to really settle on your career choice.”

 

“Is there anything you would like for me to be mom?” I smiled, asking for her suggestion first.

 

“Anything you want sweetheart.” she smiled back at me.

 

“I want to be a dancer!”

 

She frowned a bit. “Are you sure about that?”

 

“Do you not like that?” my smile dropping.

 

“It’s not something that’s stable honey, but if you want to be a dancer, then Daddy and I will support you all the way!” she started warming up again.

 

“I love you Mom!” I hugged her tightly.

 

“Alright you have school tomorrow, so go to bed.”

 

“Good night!” I shouted as I ran into my room.

 

That same night, I was sleeping peacefully when I started coughing and wheezing. I woke up and saw smoke everywhere. I dashed out into the hallway only to see fire set ablaze and a man wearing black walking out of the house, smirking. I ran to my parents room, only to see them killed. Their blood was pooled everywhere, but my mom was still a last bit conscious. I saw her move and ran over to her.

 

“MOM! PLEASE STAY WITH ME! DON’T LEAVE ME PLEASE.” I cried out to her, hoping for her to respond.

 

She coughed out a lot of blood before talking, “My daughter, follow your dreams, make us proud. I... love...-” and her eyes closed, just like that.

 

“MOM, PLEASE DON’T LEAVE ME! WAKE UP!” I shook her violently, but it was no use. She had already left this world with my dad.

 

I was still crying and on the floor, with my mom’s head on my lap, when I heard the house start crumbling. I started to panic, but then I remembered what my mom’s last words were. Make us proud. Using the rest of my energy, I charged through the fire and into my room. My shirt caught on fire in the process, searing my skin and burning my flesh. I tried to ignore the pain, ripping off my outer shirt, leaving me with just my undershirt on. Using my computer, I lifted it and threw it towards the window, and I heard it shatter to pieces. Grabbing my parents photo that was on my bed stand, I was still choking and wheezing from all the smoke I took in.

 

Getting up on the window sill, I was getting ready to jump out of the house. Don’t worry mom, I’ll make you and dad proud. I promise. I looked into the sky, seeing one star twinkle especially bright, before jumping out the window. I landed on the floor with a loud crack. My vision was going fuzzy when I heard the blaring noises of ambulances and firetrucks. I was still gazing at the same star, clutching onto my parent’s photo, like it was my life. When I heard someone checking if I was okay,my eyelids started closing and blacking out, with the last feeling of being carried onto a stretcher, and rushed to the hospital.

 

--few months later--

 

A cast was still put around my arm, since I has broken a few bones when I jumped from my window. All my other bones were healed, but my arm still needed a cast. Since my shirt caught on fire when I was running to my room, there was now a burn mark that ran down my back and around my right hip.

I was aloud to live on my own, even though I was still underaged. With my parent’s money that was given to me after they died, I was able to afford a small two-story apartment, and not have to work for a few years to keep myself alive.

I was in my apartment getting ready for my parent’s funeral. I pulled on my black strapless dress that ended right above my knees. It was one of the things that was saved after my house was burned down. Actually, most of my things were ok, since the fire department arrived before the fire reached my room. I sat back down on my bed, holding one of our family pictures. Tears were threatening to fall, but I held them in. I pulled on my black heels before looking in the mirror one last time before leaving. I saw the burn mark showing near my shoulders, but I didn’t care.

 

“Mom, can you see that I’m wearing the dress you gave me before? It was too big then, but it fits now.” A tear slid down my cheek.

 

“I wish you were still here to see me in this dress right now.” My tears were now staining the floor, but I wiped my face and grabbed my purse before leaving.

 

I was walking down the little cemetery road, holding my parent’s bone remains on my arms. Once I got to their spot, I set down the jar, and my aunt that flew in from New York handed me two bouquets of flowers, one was white roses, and the other was red roses. I clutched onto the flowers, as my parent’s coffin were buried right next to each other, just as they wanted. I went over to my dad’s coffin first, and threw in the red roses one by one, his favorite flowers.

 

“Dad, I hope you’re resting well now. I promise to find the culprit that did this to you, so you don’t need to worry. Take care of mom for me. I love you.” I let my tears flow freely as I threw in the last red rose, and dirt was now being shoveled into the ditch that had my contained my father’s coffin. I then walked over to my mom’s grave, and started tossing in her favorite white roses, one by one.

 

“Mom take care of yourself and dad alright? Be healthy, and happy now that you’re free. I promise not to disappoint you guys. I love you.” Tossing in the final rose, and dirt was being shoveled into the ditch. I finally broke down in front of their graves, on my knees crying my heart out. My aunt came over and tried to comfort me.

 

“Eunmi-ah, they were great people, and great parents to you. They didn’t deserve to leave this world like this, but they’re in a happy place now.” she smiled as tears were rolling down her cheeks.

 

“Thank you.” I hugged her as she helped me up, and took me home.

 

I laid in bed that night, thinking about memories with my parents. Thinking back to the happy moments, I started crying again, and then I eventually fell asleep.

 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

Tears were rolling down my cheeks, as I was clutching onto my mom and dad’s wedding rings that were hanging around my neck with one hand and my other hand holding a picture of my parents when we were little at Disney Land. I walked up to my window, looking up at the stars. There was that same star, glowing brightly, like the night they died. I looked up to it.

 

“I promised to follow my dreams, and make you proud. It’s going to happen now. Please be forever happy. I love you.” I whispered to my parents. Tears were still streaming down my face when I climbed under my bed sheets, and fell asleep hold the picture close to my chest.

 

-the next day-

 

-KRING!!-

 

I slapped my alarm clock and it stopped ringing. I rolled around in bed, not wanted to get up, until I thought about something. I’m going to LA today. My dreams are finally coming true.

I hopped out of bed with excitement as I got ready. I took a quick shower before I wrapped a towel around my body, and walked to my closet, decided what to wear. I chose something simple and comfortable. A blue and white striped v-neck with grey shorts. I went back into my bathroom and curled my hair. I styled it with a bow on the side, that was when I got a text from Tiffany.

 

[07:00 Tiffany]: We’ll be there in 30 minutes! Remember to eat a light breakfast. Don’t want your injuries to act up!! ^^

 

[07:00 Eunmi]: Remember I’m already all healed?Don’t worry I’ll eat enough to be full! :D

 

[07:01 Tiffany]: That’s my girl! Don’t eat so much that it will burst your tummy though! ^_^ Be over soon!

 

I giggled a bit before grabbing my jacket, backpack, and luggage and hauling it downstairs, setting everything by the door. I went to the kitchen and cooked an egg and some toast, and poured myself a glass of orange juice. I finished eating and cleaning everything up before I heard a car honk outside. I opened the front door to see the 2 boys running towards me.

 

“Morning!” they both said.

 

“Morning oppas!” I smiled.

 

“Got anything you need for us to take for you?” Minjoon asked.

 

“Just my over there! I’m gonna check that everything is off and closed before heading out. Thanks!” I said as I pointed to my stuff beside me. I ran upstairs to check that all the windows were closed and then back downstairs to see if the stove was off. Everything was good and I pulled on my shoes before grabbing my phone, wallet, and keys and headed out to the car.

 

“Everything good?” Mrs. Choi asked from the passenger seat.

 

“Yup!” I beamed back at her.

 

“Off to LA!” Mr. Choi yelled from the driver’s seat.

 

“WOOHOO!” we all yelled from the back as Mrs. Choi chuckled and we drove off.

 

This trip is going to be full of surprises. I know it.

_________________________________________

(A/N): Hello everyone! Enjoying the story so far? Learn more about Eunmi's past today? :D Sorry if its a bit bad xD -bows- sorry sorry sorry! Please comment and subscribe! Saranghaeyo! :3 ~SunMi