Chapter 20 =3

Can You Really Turn My Life Around?

EUNMI/SUHAN’S POV

The morning was a drag. I couldn’t see what was on the board during class, and could only hear the teacher speaking. My seatmates offered to help me take notes, but I didn’t want to cause trouble for them, so I just turned them down. I staggered through the halls, trying to make way to the lunch room without falling on my face or bumping into someone. I was finally able to sit down at the lunch table with everyone else after a good 10 minutes of trying to find my way.

 

“What took you so long?” Minjoon asked me.

 

“Forgot my glasses.” I sighed.

 

“Ohh.” he chuckled at me.

 

I felt my phone vibrate, and I took it out to see who it was. I held my phone up close to my face to read the message, but it was still a bit blurry.

 

[12:31 Mr. Deer]: Come out to the front of the school. I have something important for you.

 

Worrying that it was news about the boys he had for me, I got up and stumbled my way out of the lunchroom.

 

“Where are you going Eunmi?” Taekyung shouted at me.

 

“I’ll be right back!” I shouted back at him.

 

I made my way to the front of the school to see Luhan sitting on the hood of his red sports car with a bag next to him. I walked over to him, but stumbled over nothing, and landed in his arms. I felt my cheeks heat up from embarrassment and I got up quickly.

 

“Sorry...” I mumbled, but he caught it.

 

“It’s ok!” He patted my head before handing me the bag.

 

I took it and looked inside. I was hoping for my glasses, but instead was my contacts container. I dug around the bag more to find my Adidas, my PE clothes, and my makeup bag. I looked back up to him.

 

“How’d you know I needed these?” I eyed him.

 

“Angel texted me earlier this morning, saying you forgot your glasses at home. I looked around your bathroom to find your glasses, but I couldn’t find them so I just grabbed your contacts. Then I saw your PE uniform lying on the bed and you wore flats to school today.” he smiled at me.

 

I ran up to him and gave him a big hug. “Thank you so much! I don’t know what would’ve happened today if you didn’t bring this for me!” He hugged my back and squeezed me tightly.

 

“Anytime, but I think Kris is angry for you suddenly taking his car this morning and he wanted me to pick it up from you right now. He’s scared something might happen to his baby.”

 

“Then what about your car?”

 

“You can drive mine, I don’t really care about the car if your safe and unharmed.” he patted my head and smiled at me.

 

“Alright let me go get the car.” I smiled at I quickly slipped my contacts in and ran to Kris’s car. I slipped inside and backed it out of the parking spot and drove it to the front of the school. I got out and Luhan threw me his car keys. I caught them before they hit my face and Luhan jumped into Kris’s car.

 

“You have work today?”

 

“Yea. You guys can eat dinner without me. Did you guys go grocery shopping?”

 

“We’re  going later. Anything you need?”

 

“Nope. Just make sure to get enough food for everyone and not cause any trouble at the supermarket!” I pointed at hip, my other hand on my hip.

 

He raised his hands. “Yes ma’am!” he smiled one more time before speeding away. I could feel the stares from the people that gathered up behind me. I sighed and took a deep breath and jumped into Luhan’s car. It was so much nicer that Kris’s car. There were leather seats, a touch screen radio, and bluetooth settings. I took a deep breath, and it smelled just like Luhan. I smiled as I drove the car back to the previous parking spot and skillfully backed the car into the spot. I got out and went back to the lunch room, holding the bag in my hand and I skipped over to the table.

 

“You seem happy.” Kyomin eyed me suspiciously.

 

“It’s nothing.” I smiled happily back at her.

 

Angel got up and dragged me to the bathroom before I was able to sit down. She took the bag from my hands and dug inside, pulling out my makeup back and smiling evilly at me.

 

“You’re not. You better not.”

 

“Oh come on you’re wearing contacts, you have to put on at least a little bit of makeup!”

 

“You told Luhan to bring me this stuff didn’t you?!”

 

“Hehe... yup.” She giggled as she started applying makeup on my face. I sighed in defeat and let her make me over.

 

It took 10 minutes for her to finish. She put on light foundation to hide my eye bags due to not being about to being able to sleep enough last night. Next she curled my eyelashes and applied mascara and drew in my eyebrows. Lastly she added a bit of blush to my cheeks to give me a little life and not look so pale. I looked in the mirror and saw my reflection. I didn’t even look like myself.

 

“Damn y lady.” Angel admired her artwork on my face.

 

“Haha very funny! Can we go eat now?” I scowled at her.

 

“Yes grumpy pants.” She slapped my before running out the bathroom. I followed her back to the table, gaining stares from everyone I walked past.

 

“Is that Eunmi? She’s so pretty!”

 

“Damn she’s hot! When was she this pretty?”

 

“I knew I should’ve asked her to the winter ball last year!”

 

I sat back down and the boys looked at me, dropping their food, mouths hanging wide open.

 

“You guys could catch flies with with mouths.” I looked at them.

 

They regained their composure and continued eating.  

 

The whole day, people were staring at me and complimenting me. It felt strange to have so many people talk to me again after the competition high passed. I just ignored everyone the best I could or push them away until the end of the day. It was tiring to have so many people try to kiss up to me. Remind me to never cook breakfast for the boys again. I sighed as the bell rang and I got up and dashed out of the room. I pulled out my car keys and got into the car before the court yard flooded with students trying to get home. I the engine and it roared as I sped out of the parking lot and to the mall to go to work. I heard my phone in my bag ring beside me, so at the stoplight, I setup my bluetooth and picked it up. It was Luhan.

 

“Hello?” I answered.

 

“Eunmi? Where are you right now?”

 

“Going to work? Why?”

 

“Just making sure you were ok. Did you want anything special to eat tonight? We’re at the supermarket right now!”

 

“Hmm. Make some good korean food! I haven’t had any korean food in a while.”

 

“Mmk. Come home early!” he hung up before I could say bye.

 

I kept on driving until I reached the mall parking lot and backed the car into a free spot and walked to the shop.

 

“Hi Minji unnie!” I shouted as I walked in.

 

“Hey Eunmi!” she shouted from behind the counter.

 

“Come here I have to talk to you!” she waved me over.

 

“What is it unnie?”

 

“I know that you won the competition for SM a couple weeks ago, and you have to leave soon. I have to start finding a good replacement for you soon.” She started tearing up a little bit.

 

“I’m going to miss you so much...” she help in her tears.

 

“We can always skype and text and all that good stuff! It’s like if I’ve never left your side!” I tried cheering her up.

 

“It’s not the same Eunmi-ah.”

 

“Don’t worry, many people are looking for jobs these days, you’ll be sure to find a replacement quickly!”

 

“I know...”

 

“I was about to hand you the letter tomorrow since I have to start packing next week, but I guess I don’t have to.”

 

“No need to worry, I’ll have your last paycheck ready by next Monday. Are you going to rent or sell your house?”

 

“I was thinking of selling it, but I can make money from renting it, so I’m just going to rent it to someone.”

 

“That’s good, you’ll need the extra money in case anything happens.”

 

“Yea...”

 

There was then an awkward silence between us. I slowly backed away to grab my apron and start working. Business was a medium today and we didn’t have to do much. The shop closed early since the whole mall was already empty and I was able to leave earlier like the boys wanted me to. I walked to the parking lot and got into my car, driving back home quickly. I was starving since I wasn’t able to eat lunch due to Angel’s wanting to give me a makeover. It only took me a rough ten minutes to get home and I parked the car in the driveway. I opened the front door and was greeted by the smell of the korean food that was being cooked in the kitchen.

 

“I’M HOME!!” I shouted.

 

“WELCOME HOME!” Everyone was in the living room and came to the front to greet me. I felt so happy to finally have someone to come home to. They pulled me to the dining table, which already had food over it. I peeked into the kitchen to see D.O and Suho cooking. I walked up behind them and gave them big hugs.

 

“Thank you Suho oppa, D.O oppa for cooking all this great food.”

 

“This is the least we could do for you Eunmi.” Suho patted my head.

 

“Can you help set the table?” D.O requested.

 

“Of course!” I grabbed bowls and chopsticks and set a spot for each person. When I finished, the boys in the kitchen came out with the rest of the food. I took a seat and Luhan was on my right, Baekhyun on the left. I looked again to all the food on the table, and started crying.

 

“Eunmi why are you crying!?” Baekhyun grabbed tissues for me and wiped my face.

 

“I’m just so thankful for you guys doing this for me. I haven’t been able to sit at a table for dinner with the people I love in a long time.” I looked down and thought back to the time when my parents were still around, and the three of us always sat together every night for dinner.

 

“If it’s not too much, can we ask what happened?” Sehun looked at me, almost to the point of tears. Xiumin smacked him on the back of the head and told him to be quiet. I think it was time to release what I’ve been holding onto for so many years. I got up and took off my jacket. I was lifting up my shirt when Luhan stopped me before they could see anything.

 

“It’s ok.” I relaxed his hands off my shirt and I pulled the back of my blouse up, revealing the burn mark I’ve been hiding from everyone. They all gasped at the sight, and Luhan pulled my shirt back down. I stayed standing up and started my story.

 

“When I was 10 years old, I was a very happy little girl, outgoing and  courageous, and my parents were always there to support me. My life was going great, until the night of the incident. I was sleeping in my room after a meaningful talk with my mom, and I suddenly started coughing really badly in the middle of the night. I woke up from the forceful coughing, and I saw my whole room was filled with smoke. I ran out of the room to see that my house was on fire, and a man was walking out of the house downstairs, and he was wearing a smirk on his face. I then dashed through the burning house to see my parents-...” I couldn’t stop the tears from coming out of my eyes. Luhan cupped my face and wiped away my tears, and I saw that he was crying too.

 

“You don’t have to continue if you don’t want to. You’ve already told us more that enough.” I pushed his hands away.

 

“Once I start this story, I have to keep going.” I calmed down a bit before starting again.

 

“I walked into my parents room to find them-... lying on the floor murdered. I tried to keep them alive, my dad had already stopped breathing, but my mom was still had a little bit of life in her. She told me to follow my dreams, and not to disappoint her. She left me with those words, and I took them into heart, and jumped out of my room window. While I was running to my room after leaving my parents, my shirt caught on fire and burned my flesh, which now left this mark on me.” I looked up to everyone, and they were already all crying.

 

“I broke a few bones, but I managed to stay alive, and I lived on my own. I bought a small apartment and lived their for a few years before I bought this house when I was 14. Then high school started and by government law, I was able to get my driver’s license earlier than the age of 16. I attended school the same way as I had planned before my parents left me, but I had turned into a more shy person over the years. I couldn’t talk much, but Tiffany discovered me and I had met 5 new friends that were able to see me for who I really was. They helped me follow my dreams, and here I am today, sitting in front of you guys right now.”

 

Everyone was sobbing, but they tried cheering up when I finished.

 

“Let’s eat now shall we?” Chanyeol smiled with his puffy eyes.

 

We all nodded and started digging in. The food tasted great and it was just a happy sight. It had been a long time since I felt this happy besides being with my usual friends, and I sure did miss this feeling.

 

The night finished off well as I got another great news from Tiffany. The company had just handed in our withdrawal letters from school and this would be our last weeks of school, which only meant 2 more days in school. I was still on my high when I tried to go to bed, and the boys were already dead tired from the mini party night we had. I decided to sit in the backyard and star at the stars. I was laying on the cool grass when I felt something lay down beside me. I turned my head to see Luhan also looking up at the stars.

 

“Couldn’t sleep?” he asked me.

 

“Mhm. You too?”

 

“Yea...”

 

There was a period of silence between us, and I was about to drift off to sleep when Luhan talked to me again.

 

“So do you have any plans on how you're going to move to Korea?”

 

“I’m most likely going to rent the house out. It would be best to find a tenant before I leave, or else I would have to come back to the US later to sign papers.”

 

“Ah.”

 

“Yup...”


It went quiet again. I felt my eyelids getting heavier and heavier. Luhan called my name, but I was too tired to respond. He got up and I felt him carry me off the ground bridal style. I snuggled closer to his chest, and he pulled me closer to his body. His warmth was comforting, and he carried me upstairs and into our room. Luhan set me down on my bed and pulled my blanket up for me. I rolled around and I wrapped the blanket around me. I heard him smile before I drifted off to sleep.

------------------------------------

I dunno if I should pull an all nighter and wait for EXO's Growl MV. I really really wanna watch it when it first comes out, but then im really tired TT_TT. Anyways there isnt much of a cliffhanger for this chapter xD but its really long so I hope you enjoy! :) Please comment in the area proved below if you enjoyed this update and subscribe to find out what happens in the next chapter tomorrow! ~SunMi

PS- I didn't read over this before posting it because I was too lazy >_< so tell me if you see anything thats like spelled wrong or any of that good stuff in the comment section below xD