Chapter 24 :D

Can You Really Turn My Life Around?

Eunmi’s POV

 

-knock knock knock-

 

“Come in.” a voice answered.

 

The six of us shuffled into the room and silently bowed at the man sitting in his seat, looking at different files.

 

“You guys arrived safely, that’s good.”  he looked up from the table and smiled at us.

 

“Yes Mr. Lee.” Tiffany answered him.

 

“Please sit.” he motion us towards the chairs. We all took a chair and faced the boss, waiting for instruction.

 

“Now that you’ve arrived in Korea, you life will continue the same way at it did in the US, except after school or work, you report straight to training. On weekends you train 14 hours, all in respective courses and then the rest of the day is yours. ” we all nodded, knowing this was the type of intense training we were expecting.

 

“Now for dorms, the 6 of you will have a separate unit of housing from the regular trainees. You will get one dorm for you all to share, so its like a small apartment. All of your expenses will also be paid for. Here are your dorm keys.” he threw us each a pair of keys.

 

“And your schedules will be waiting for you at your dorm.” he smiled at us, signaling we were dismissed. We all headed over to the dorm to check out our new home.

 

After a few twist and turns, and a couple of backtracks, we finally made it to our dorm on the other side of the campus. It was a small little building attached to the main one. We looked at each other and finally had the courage to open the door. All of our jaws dropped when we got inside. It was a lot more spacious than we imagined. We slowly made our way through the house, and our boxes were stacked in the living room. On the dining table in the kitchen laid a note.

 

“Dear GoA, we hope you are pleased with where you will be lodging for your move to Korea. If anything is needed, please feel free to contact me. Upstairs are 3 rooms, 2 people per room, and I will leave that up to you to decide who rooms with who. Also in the manila envelope attached, there are your schedules inside. Tiffany ,Taekyung, and Minjoon will be attending SM University, while Angel, Kyomin, and Eunmi will be SM High. Everything is on the same campus, so you do not have to worry about taking transportation. Food expenses will be covered for everyone, so please feel free to get enough food to fill everyone up, as you need the energy for training. If you have any questions, please feel free to call or come visit me personally. Welcome to SM Entertainment! Sincerely Lee Soo Man.” Tiffany read it out loud.

 

“Woah...” We were all amazed at the place we were going to live in. Tiffany distributed our schedules encased away in the envelope. I took a quick glimpse at it before putting it away, but then something didn’t feel right. I pulled it back out and looked at every detail on it.

 

Lee Eunmi

Date of Birth: May 14, 1998 (age: 15)

Grade Level: 12 (Senior Year)

 

“WAIT WHAT?!” I screamed.

 

“What is it?! What happened?!” Everyone came rushing back into the kitchen.

 

My jaw dropped and my paper fell to the floor. “I got placed in 12th grade.”

 

“WHAT?!” they all screamed in unison.

 

“Are you sure?!” Angel said picking up the paper from the floor and looking over it. Sure enough her jaw dropped and passed the paper to someone else before walking out.

 

Everyone got a chance to look over it and everyone was too shocked to even say anything. Tiffany dragged me out of the house, and we walked all the way back to Mr. Lee’s office.

 

-knock knock knock-

 

“Come in.” the same voice was heard. We walked in and bows respectfully.

 

“Is something wrong?” he looked up from behind his computer.

 

“We were wondering why Eunmi was put in grade 12 when she’s only suppose to be in grade 10.” Tiffany started.

 

“Ah about that. I forgot to talk to you about that earlier. I placed her in the last grade of school because I wanted for her to graduate earlier. I was a bit worried about her not being able to handle skipping 2 levels of schooling, but I looked at her transcript and she’s already one level ahead, so it wouldn't be too much of a problem of her catching up.”

 

“Is there a reason you wanted her to graduate earlier?” Tiffany was acting like how my mom would be in this situation.

 

“There’s certain plans that I want her to be apart of, but I cannot tell you about them yet for now. Until schooling starts, I won’t be sure if those are the final plans.” he smiled at us.

 

There was a period of silence between the 3 of us. Only the sound of typing could be heard.

 

“Is there anything else you wanted to ask?” he broke the silence.

 

“Oh, no. Thank you. We’ll be leaving now.” Tiffany got up and I follow suit. We bowed and left the room, heading back to the dorm.

 

-sigh-

 

“What’s with the frequent sighing from you huh?” Tiffany swung her arm around my shoulders, and it wasn’t that hard since I was the shortest of the group.

 

“It’s nothing. It’s just a little stressing that I thought if I came here, I would be able to study on dancing more, but instead I’m gaining pressure from both subjects.” I groaned into my palms on my face.

 

“Don’t worry. You have 17 different people that you could go to help for. What else could go wrong?” she gave my shoulders a squeeze and a light smile.

 

I gave her a smile in response and a slight nod.

 

Will everything really be ok?

 

Luhan’s POV

It was just another regular day of practice, but today, everybody seemed a lot more happy. I mean, I couldn’t complain. I feel like I had just been given happy drugs and is still on that high. Everyone was focusing on dancing, but a bit of my mind was still thinking about Eunmi. The past month I’ve spent with her really made happy. Happier than when I used to call fun with the boys. When she told us her story, I had a feeling of needing to protect her. I didn’t want anything to hurt her ever again. I just couldn’t let her go. The truth was, on the day we were suppose to leave, I lied about seeing her eyes being puffy at airport. I noticed them right when she walked in the house. Her cheeks were a bit pink and even with her glasses on, I could see through them. There was also slight sniffling when she walked towards me. I was heartbroken, and I just wanted to hug her and comfort on the spot, but of course everyone would suspect something strange if I did.

 

How I wish I would've hugged her earlier. I sighed and continued to work with the boys on our new dance.

 

-6 hours later- 8:00 PM.

 

We were called into a meeting with Mr.Lee. We all walked into the meeting room tiredly and took a seat. When he came in, we bowed respectfully and took our seat when he told us to.

 

“Now today, we have a few things to discuss today.” he told us. We all nodded silently and waited for him to continue talking.

 

“As you know the school semester is starting soon, and you all have to go back to school. Well I place Eunmi in the 12th grade, which is the same level as Luhan. I want you all to help her if they need it, and that goes for everyone else too.”

 

Same grade as me? Does that mean I get to have classes with her? I smiled and thought about all the things we could do together in school when the boss started talking again and I snapped back to reality.

 

“Next thing. There will also be a member lineup change. None of you are going to be removed, but someone is going to be added. I will be gradually added in new members to our existing groups under SM for 1 year.” we all looked at each other in confusion.

 

“I cannot tell you for sure yet who is going to place in your group, but I will tell you for sure when the school year starts. Is that clear?” he looked at all of us. We all nodded and starting thinking about who was going to be placed in our group.

 

“When we’ve decided who is going to be place in your group, we will be have a press conference, which will probably be in two months time. You will be informed on the date of the public meeting by your manager. If no one else has anything to say, then you are all dismissed.” he got up and left.

 

We all started our curious chattering when the door closed

 

“Who do you think it is?” Sehun piped up.

 

“Do you think it’ll be Minjoon or Taekyung?” Baekhyun looked excited.

 

“I don’t think he would put them in a group so quickly, especially since they just got here.” Suho doubted.

 

“True...” Baekhyun’s face saddened.

 

“Maybe it’s one of the trainees from the upper levels?” Kris added.

 

“Since it’s not late yet, let’s go check out the trainee rooms.” Tao jumped up from his seat.

 

“Why not? Let’s go.” Suho smiled.

 

We went scouting on the trainee level of the building and we spotted GoA practicing in one of the training rooms.

 

“Isn’t it their free day today? Why are they practicing?” Chanyeol looked through the tinted window so they couldn’t see us.

 

Just then Eunmi started laughing and rolling all over the floor. Next to her was Minjoon laying flat on his face. Everyone just started laughing with her and their laughter filled the whole hall.

 

“What are they laughing at?” D.O’s eyes were like saucers, confused at what they were laughing at.

 

“Let’s go find out!” Sehun ran to the door and opened it before we could stop him.

 

“Eunmi!” he shouted at the top of her lungs. We heard her yelp and scream at him.

 

“YAH YOU SCARED ME!” she continued laughing on the floor. Everyone else came into the room and we sat down beside the walls, surrounding the 5 that were practicing in the middle of the room.

 

“Why are you guys practicing on your free day?” Kai questioned them.

 

“We were bored and had nowhere to go so we decided to practice to pass time.” Angel beamed at us.

 

“You guys could’ve went sightseeing.” Xiumin suggested.

 

“No phone, no maps, no car, no money.” Kyomin counted on her fingers.

 

“Ah. You could’ve just come to find one of us and we couldn’t found someone to help you.” Lay told them.

 

“We go lost just trying to find our dorm that was just around the corner. Do you really think we could’ve came to find you?” Taekyung retorted and Eunmi giggled.

 

“Well yea I guess...” Lay scratched the back of his neck.

 

“Hey did you guys here we’re getting a new member?” Chen giddied up.

 

“Nope. Did you hear who it was yet?” Eunmi drank out of her water bottle.

 

“Mr. Lee said he would tell us soon. Do you think it’s one of you guys?”  

 

“It can’t be any of them. They haven’t gotten any type of training yet and you guys already have like 5 rappers. The only 2 boys from this group are just rappers so I don’t think he would want a rap group.” Tiffany came in with a bunch of bags filled with food.

 

“FOOD!” Eunmi, Angel, Kyomin, Taekyung, and Minjoon ran up to her, taking the bags and setting the food down. Apparently she got food enough for all 18 of us.

 

“How did you know we were going to be here?” I looked at her curiously.

 

“I saw you guys standing outside of our practice room earlier as I was walking out. Figured you would come in to watch them.” she started eating. When other 5 were about to start eating, she shouted at them.

 

“YOU 5! RUN THROUGH YOUR CHOREO ONE MORE TIME BEFORE YOU CAN EAT!” her voice boomed throughout the large room, echoing off the walls.

 

“Yes ma’am.” they squeaked back at her before getting up. We started laughing before they shot us death glares and we shut up.

 

“Which one? The newest one or the one we just made up.” Eunmi provided us choices on what we wanted to see.

 

“The one you made today!” We all shouted with food in our mouths.

 

“Ugh I can’t wait to punch them all in the face for eating in front of us.” Angel groaned and got into position. The formed a line and Eunmi started the music, running to her spot in the line and grabbing the mic that was laying beside the speaker.

 

“They’re doing live singing? But theres only one mic.” Baekhyun whispered before they started dancing. We all shrugged and the choreography started.

 

The line spread instantly, forming an aura looking feel around Eunmi and she sang the first line. Then they all crawled away and she continued singing while the rest of them danced. It was so in sync you wouldn't believe that they started practicing this today. When her lines were finished, Taekyung was already at her side and Eunmi turned around, passing the mic to him behind his back and he caught it swiftly and brought it out. It was a piece of amazing teamwork. The mic being passed around without us noticing was already something, but their dancing was so synchronized and perfectly timed. The song slowly died down near the middle and they stopped dancing. All of us were too amazed to speak, and only the sounds of their heavy breathing could be heard.

 

“Now you may eat.” Tiffany said after a few seconds of silence.

 

“WOO!” They all snapped out of the phase and ran to their food that was cooling in their containers. They started eating so quickly, even our human incinerator, Xiumin, was gaping at the sight.

 

After everyone was finished eating, we cleaned up the place and packed up. We headed to our respective dorms and headed off to bed.

----------------------
Heyyy!! I'm baaack! Here is a short update after my temporary hiatus to finish my other story! I'll be focusing on this story now so please stay tuned for more coming soon! Who do you think is going to be assigned as a new member of EXO? Comment your answers in the area provided below and subscribe to find out soon!! ~Sinyeon