Chapter 10 >:D

Can You Really Turn My Life Around?

EUNMI/ SUHAN’S POV

8:00 AM

-Bzzt-

I felt my phone vibrate under me. 8:00 AM.  5 more days until the competition. 5 more days until my fate is decided. I looked over to Angel’s bed and she was still asleep. I got up silently and went to my closet. I pulled out a t-shirt and track shorts. Going out into the hallway, the cool air created goosebumps on my arm. I walked into the bathroom and changed into my clothes. I washed up and went back to my room, setting my PJ’s down and grabbing my phone and wallet. I gently closed the door and went down to the first floor.

As I was passing the second floor, Mr. and Mrs. Choi were still sleeping soundly. I smiled as I crept into the kitchen. I poured myself a small bowl of cereal and milk and sat down at the dining table. I looked outside and saw that the sun had came up, but the fog was still visible. What a nice day to take a run. I finished up my breakfast and set my bowl in the sink. I jot down a quick note, saying that I was going to go out for a morning run. I pulled on my shoes and went out, greeted by the cool, crisp morning air. I smiled, taking in the fresh air, before locking the front door and looking for a good running route on my phone. Finding a suitable route, I started stretching as I was walking.

After a good 10 minutes of walking/stretching, I started jogging. I passed a park as I was running and took a quick break, taking a look at the scenery. Sitting down on a bench that was looking out into a small lake, someone sat down next to me. I looked over to see a really tall guy in his late teens, but he was wearing a beanie under his hoodie, and sunglasses, so i couldn’t see what he looked like. He was panting as if he was just running.

 

“Good morning.”he greeted me, smiling.

 

“Good morning!” I smiled back at him. He sounds oddly familiar, do I know him?

 

“Enjoying the scenery?” he asked me.

 

“Yea, its really pretty here. I love the weather here. Sure beats the cold weather back in San Fran.”

 

“Oh, you’re from San Francisco? What are you doing here in LA?”

 

He didn’t seem like a bad guy so I told him. “I’m here for a competition with my crew. What about you? Do you live here or are you from somewhere else?”

 

“I’m from Korea, and I’m here with my mem-... uh I mean friends for a...um... vacation. Yea a vacation.” He smiled nervously at me. Weirdo, but he looks really familiar? Where have I seen that smile?...

 

There was a period of silence between the two of us, as I stared at some ducks, floating in the pond. He broke the silence.

 

“You out for a run today?” eyeing my running gear.

 

“Yea. What about you?”

 

“Same here. Mind if I ran with you?”

 

“Umm... sure no problem.” I said, getting up.

 

I started jogging, picking up my pace, and he was running next to me.

 

“So what’s your name?”

 

“Eunmi. What about you?”

 

His happy face dropped, and he looked really nervous. “I’m sorry I can’t tell you yet.”

 

I started to get a bit suspicious. “Really? Why not?”

 

“It’s for my job... I’m sorry I can’t tell you.” What kind of job requires someone to hide their identity? Strange...

 

We were reaching my house, and I slowed my pace into a walk. He followed suit and we reached the front door.

 

“Well I guess I’ll see our again some other time!” I waved at him. He smiled back at me. I felt my cheeks become warm. What? Why am I feeling like this?

 

“See ya!” and he jogged off. I shrugged off the tingly feeling at I walked back in the house. I was taking off my shoes and walking into the kitchen to grab some water when I saw Tiffany walk down with her bed head and ruffled pajamas.

 

“Morning sleepy head!” I giggled at her.

She had a poker face plastered to her. “Where were you this morning?”

 

“Just went out for a morning run. Why?”

 

“Mmk. Just don’t get lost or kidnapped.” She yawned at she went back upstairs to continue sleeping. I looked at the clock. 9:00 AM. Everyone should be waking up soon. I went upstairs to take a quick shower and changing into a hoodie and sweats before going back downstairs to make breakfast. I smelled food being cooked already, and I peeked into the kitchen. Mrs. Choi was already awake, and she saw me looking at her.

 

“Morning sweetheart.” She smiled at me gently.

 

“Good morning Mrs. Choi!” I flashed an eye-smile at her, walking into the kitchen.

 

“Need help with anything?” I asked her.

 

“Not at the moment. Could you wake everyone up for me?”

 

“Yea sure no problem.” I shouted as I walked upstairs to the second floor. I went to their room and knocked on the door.

 

“Come in.”

 

“Good morning Mr. Choi!”

 

“Ah, morning Eunmi. Did you need something?”

 

“It’s almost time for breakfast. Mrs. Choi told me to wake everyone up.”

 

“I’ll be right down! Thanks for telling me.” he smiled at me.

 

“No problem!” I smiled back at him as I closed the door, proceeding to the third floor. I started at the end of the hall, where the most stubborn sleepers were.

 

I opened the door and saw the 2 of them still snoring. “Kyomin-unnie, Tiffany-unnie! It’s time for breakfast! Wake up!!” I shouted.

 

“Ugh...” they both groaned, throwing their pillows at me.

 

I dodged quickly and ran to the side in their beds. I shook them violently.” If you don’t get up soon then we’ll eat your breakfast.” I teased, sticking my tongue out.

 

“Alright alright we’re up.” Kyomin groaned.

 

I opened the window blinds, letting sunlight flood into the room. I walked out and went to the next room.

 

“Angel wake up... it’s time for breakfast!” I shouted at her.

 

“Hmm?” she rolled around, facing me with her eyes still closed.

 

I walked up to her and shook her slightly. “I said it’s time for breakfast sleepy head wake up!” I slapped her .

 

“Mmk! I’m up!” she groaned, getting out from her warm blanket. She shivered as the cold air came in contact with her warm skin. I giggled as I walked out and into the last room. I silently snuck up really close to their ears before yelling.

 

“BOYS WAKE UP ITS TIME FOR BREAKFAST!!” I boomed, earning a good scream from the both of them.

 

“Man I didn’t know you guys screamed like little girls.” I clutched my stomach laughing, almost to the point of rolling on the ground.

 

“Ugh, fine we’re up!” Taekyung exclaimed.

 

“Good.” I walked out into the hall to see everyone come out.

 

“BREAKFAST IN 5!” I shouted at the group of sleepy zombies.

 

“EHHH!” they groaned.

 

I giggled as I went downstairs, and Mrs. Choi called me over.

 

“Eunmi! Can you set the table for me?”

 

I grabbed the dishware and set the table, then went to the base of the stairs.

 

“BREAKFAST TIME!” I screamed at the top of my lungs. The band of sleepy zombies now looked like a bunch of hyperactive kids that came from the mental institute, running down the stairs, pushing each other. I chuckled at I moved out of the way, only to see the boys tumbling down the stairs as the girls trailed behind, walking briskly to the table.

 

“Good morning everyone!” Mr. Choi yelled at us when we were sitting down, while reading his newspaper.

 

“Good morning!” We all saluted back. He chuckled as Mrs. Choi placed the last plate down on the table.

 

“Eat up kids! You need to the energy to last you until lunch!”

 

“We’ll eat well!” We all beamed like little children.

 

The 6 of us were eating like rabid raccoons, and I thought back to the guy I met earlier. He really did seem familiar. Where did I see him before? School? No that’s not possible, he said he was from Korea. Online? Then again why would a k-pop star be running so early in the morning? I was deep in thought when Angel asked me a question.

 

“Eunmi you ok? What are you thinking about?”

 

“Huh? I’m fine, no need to worry!” I smiled nervously at her.

 

She eyed me head to toe in my seat. “Ok... whatever you say.”

 

“Hurry up and finish eating! You guys need to practice and I need to go out today to get your final costume touch-ups.” Tiffany said.

 

“YES MA’AM!” we smiled at her.

 

We all finished eating and were getting ready for practice. I was walking down into the studio, looking through my CD case, looking for our EXO warm up songs, while trying to remember where I saw the guy from earlier from.. I stuck it in the stereo as the other’s were coming down. I grabbed the stereo remote and stuffed it into my pocket.

 

“Alright everyone! Practice hard! I have to go out now to get your costumes finished!” Tiffany shouted for all of us to hear.

 

“HWAITING!” We all chanted together.

 

I the music, and when EXO was being blared into my ears, I suddenly remembered who it was.

 

It can’t be him. No. way.

=============================================

(A/N): Can anyone guess who it is? :D Comment your guesses below and don't forget to subscribe! ~Sunmi <3