Chapter 1 ^~^

Can You Really Turn My Life Around?

EUNMI/ SUHAN’S POV

Another boring day at school. Ever since my parents passed away when I started high school, I had lost all meaning in life. The things I once liked to do, I lost interest in them. I went from someone who could say anything to about anyone, to someone who couldn’t even introduce herself to the person in front of her without stuttering uncontrollably. It was my second year in high school already, and I only had one friend, and her name was Soonmi, but was prefered to be called by her nickname, Angel. She told me that something would come eventually come my way and turn my whole life around. It’s been 2 years since she started telling me that, but I’ve lost all hope already, and decided to just focus on school.

 

~RING!~

 

“Alright class be ready for your test next week!” the teacher told us as the bell rang for the last class of the day.

 

I grabbed my stuff, shoved it into my backpack and walked out toward Angel’s class. She saw me walking towards her, and she smiled at me while hooking her arm in mine.

 

“Remember we have dance practice with the group today Eunmi-ah! Don’t you dare try to skip again to study like you did last time. Tiffany got mad at you for not helping with the choreography for our next video...” Angel scolded at me.

 

“I won’t skip this time, I promise! Our audition is coming up in a couple months so I can afford to skip practice anymore. This is my last chance at life before I completely give up.” I smiled at her.

 

“That’s my girl. I’ll see you later at practice ok?”

 

“See you later!”

 

Ever since my parents passed away, I stopped dancing in front of other people. I only danced in front of my dance crew. When we recorded group dances or solo choreography, I went under the name Suhan, to prevent anyone in school from recognizing me. Dancing was my way of releasing stress, and when I did, I turn into a whole different person, like a complete opposite. I turn into a fierce and outgoing girl who isn’t afraid to show her moves.

 

“I’m home...” I shouted, even though I lived alone in my apartment.

 

I grabbed a snack and quickly did my homework before I changed into something more comfortable to dance in. I stood in front of my closet and digged through all my clothes. I grabbed tank top, a loose over the shoulder cover up, and shorts. After changing, I grabbed my backpack and headed out to our studio where we practiced for videos and competitions.

 

“I’m going to practice now!” I shouted to the house, knowing there was no one there to reply.

 

I sighed and jogged down to the bus stop. As I was waiting for the bus, I got a text from Tiffany, our director and manager of the group.

 

[15:48 Tiffany] Hey we’re rehearsing History by EXO today, and then tomorrow we gotta record the audio of the song. Since our cover is the EXO-M version and you’re fluent in chinese, you’re going to get my most lines. Is that clear?

 

[15:49 Eunmi] Yea sure I already have the dance down. I’m free tomorrow so I guess I just have to study the lyrics tonight... Did you tell Angel yet about recording tomorrow? You know how she hates last minute things.

 

[15:49 Tiffany] Don’t worry so much about Angel! You know I always tell her last minute. LOL. Alright I’ll see you later at the studio. Don’t try to skip again like last time!!

 

As I read her text I saw the bus coming down the street.

 

[15:50 Eunmi] Yea yea yea I’m about to get on the bus right now!! xD I’ll see you later :D

 

I read over the text and sent it before I got on the bus, throwing my phone back into my backpack and pulling out my iPod and plugging in my headphones.

A couple stops later, I got off the bus and walked to Tiffany unnie and TaeKyung oppa’s house where we practiced in their basement after we renovated it into a dance studio.

 

“HEYYY EUNMI! You didn’t skip this time. We really need your help on the dance lead choreographer!” Minjoon shouted while running towards me for a hug.

 

I hugged him tightly and replied,” Hehe... yea about that I had to study so I decided to skip, my bad. But, I’m here today and we still have one more week until we record the video so its only dress rehearsal this week!”

 

“You know we don’t get dances down until the day of recording unless you're here Eunmi-ah. At least warn us first before skipping, you are the maknae of this group you know!!” Taekyung said as he ruffled my hair.

 

“Neh Taekyung oppa! I’m sorry I skipped without telling last week. I’ll be more careful from now on!” I smiled at him.

 

“Good girl! Now you better teach us that dance today or else Tiffany noona is going to kill us all before we record the audio tomorrow.” Taekyung replied looking a bit scared.

 

“You know how Tiffany unnie is when she’s angry!” shouted Kyomin.

 

“I see youre talking about me huh Taekyung. You want to die today?!” Tiffany threatened as she walked into the studio holding her files.

 

Everyones froze when they heard Tiffany’s voice. No one dare to move in case she decided to blow up right there. Give she has to manage 5 teenagers who couldn’t sit still during anything they did together, she has a short temper.

 

“Everyone better start practicing before I punish you all and make filming tomorrow!” Tiffany snapped.

 

“YES MA’AM!” everyone saluted.

 

“Alright get into positions, Eunmi grab your stereo remote incase you need to pause music. I’ll be in my room planning out tomorrow’s studio recording. Everyone got their lyric sheets?” Tiffany asked.

 

“YES MA’AM!!” everyone saluted again.

 

“Now get to work. No one can stop for a break until this dance is perfected. Filming is in one week.” Tiffany chuckled as she walked back upstairs.

 

“Alright lets get this started for she blows up in our face again.” TaeKyung said quietly.

 

“CHOI TAEKYUNG I HEARD THAT!!” Tiffany shouted from upstairs.

 

Everyone laughed at the startled reaction from TaeKyung and got into positions. Practice started and didn’t end for another 4 hours. Through those 4 hours they were able to perfect all their moves down to every detail they could notice. It was already 8PM and everyone was starving.

 

“KIDS! DINNER’S READY!” Mrs. Choi shouted from the kitchen.

 

“COMING!” everyone shouted in unison and dashed upstairs for food.

 

As we were making our way towards the table where Mr. and Mrs. Choi plus Tiffany already sat, Tiffany said, “You guys have better perfected that dance or else I’ll kill you all.”

 

We all stood in a straight line and saluted,” YES MA’AM!”

 

Mr. and Mrs. Choi just chuckled,” Now sit down and eat so you all can go home and shower! The five of you stink!” Mrs. Choi smiled.

 

“I can’t stay for dinner today. There’s a test coming up and I have to study for it! Bye guys!” I shouted heading for the door.

 

“Remember to eat honey!” Mrs. Choi shouted from the dinner table.

 

“Thanks Mrs. Choi! I will!!” I smiled as I left towards the bus stop.

 

Come to think of it, I haven’t ate for the past couple days. Eeh, I’m not hungry.

 

I got home and opened my door,” I’m home!”


I went upstairs and took a nice shower. I hopped into bed under my cozy sheets and studied some of the stuff on the practice test and lyrics before I slowly drifted off into sleep.

________________________________________________________________________

(A/N): This story is now well on its way :D Thanks again to Secret Garden Graphics for my poster :3 Please comment and subscribe and check out the other story "More Than Meets The Eye". kekeke~~ Love ya :) -SunMi