Mistake

Wipe The Tears

Krystal POV

What the hell? I thought to myself. How did my mum know about this? I was still staring at my mum without saying anything as my mum was still eating from her bowl of porridge. She looked at me as I didn’t say anything and questioned, “What?” She added “You think your mum doesn’t know about this? Come on, you’re my daughter! The time when you see your daughter started smiling by herself and going home late, isn’t that obvious?” She shrugged her shoulder and carried on eating from her bowl. I had a shocked expression on my face as I spoke, “Mum aren’t you mad at me?” She took a spoonful of porridge and put it in and asked “Why would I?” She looked at me with her spoon still in and continued “I mean as long as you’re doing good with your work then it’s fine.” I responded “So you knew all along and you didn’t tell me?” She giggled “Yes, I love the way how you’re trying so hard to hide it.” I yelled “Mum, you’re so mean.” I also giggled but then stopped and replied “Mum, I don’t know if I did the right thing.” My mum looked at me and said, “To be honest, there’s no right answer. Is what you want to do.” She then stated, “Fighting is fine. Hating someone is painful; being mad at someone is also painful as you will grow tired. Why not live your life positively?” I looked at my mum who was carrying on eating her porridge; I really like what my mum said at the end.

I went back to my room after eating the porridge I made with my dad but he had to go work at his study room so after finishing we just went to our separate rooms. I sat at my bed, drying my hair as I was deep in my thoughts. The statement my mum made kept on repeating in my mind. It was true that being mad at someone is painful. That night, I kept thinking about that statement.

Minho POV

I walked home by myself and my feet took me to the convenience store, I wasn’t even sure why I was there. I ended up sitting at the bench right outside where I and Krystal used to sit. I waited some part of me was hoping that there would be a chance where she might come here.  Hours pass by, no luck she didn’t come. I walked back home even though I waited and there were girls chatting me up but I just ignore them. When I got home, I saw a message that Key left me saying that he will be with his friends today so he’ll come back tomorrow although this really doesn’t concern me at all. That night, I was just thinking about Krystal and Onew again.

Krystal POV

I woke up and prepared myself when I was downstairs, I saw my mum standing at the kitchen. I’m guessing she’s back to normal, I walked over to her and she called out “Krystal morning! Let’s go shopping together tomorrow, after school? Haven’t done that with you for so long!” I looked at my mum and agreed “Sure, it’ll be fun.” As I was walking out with the sandwich in my mouth, my mum yelled “Krystal, here’s your lunch.” She tossed the lunch box to me as I turned around to look at her. Luckily, I caught it in time and I asked “You nearly killed me. Anyway, what is it?” She answered, “I made some sushi.” I smiled and waved goodbye to her as I walked out of the house.

I saw Onew standing in front of my house; I pat his head and said “Hey, why didn’t you come in?” He was shocked at seeing me but still replied “Because your mum might keep on talking which mean we could be late for school.” I agreed, “It’s true, she does like to talk to you especially when you guys haven’t meet for a long time.”  We were just walking down the street as we talked.

I was in the classroom just staring at the window; I could see the reflection of Minho from the window. What my mum said stayed in my mind. She was right, I hated the feeling of being painful that’s why I decided to break up but by being mad at him makes me feel even more painful. I begin to understand this.

Soon, it was lunch time although I still didn’t look at Minho face to face as I could feel really awkward but I don’t think I was angry at him anymore. During lunch time, I was walking with IU and Onew down the hallway to get to the cafeteria. IU was talking about Taeyang in her own world leading me and Onew to the cafeteria, when I suddenly was pushed by people who were running at the hallway. To my surprised, I lost my balance and was about to fall but Onew was by my side and quickly reacted as he reached out his hand grabbing my arm and pulled me. I ended up with my two hands lying on his chest; I could feel my face burning up. I felt so embarrassed; I wonder what was going on with me as I looked up to his face. I could see his face was red like me. I quickly moved away, loud footsteps were heard. I turned and saw Minho stared at me and back to where he was going, when I saw his stare I took a step backward quickly taking off my hands from Onew’s chest and looked down. He stormed pass me and I took a peek at him and I was thinking that something must have happened.

I continued to walk to the cafeteria and had my lunch, close to the end of lunch I realise I had to take a book out of the library. I told Onew and IU that I would have to get a book quickly as I needed it to do my homework. I went to the library, there wasn't anyone inside since it was nearly class time so I just walked at each stack of books until I got to the end to find a historical book I was looking for.

When I was at the end of the row of books, I saw Minho sitting close to the window just staring outside quietly. I stood there, staring at him. I wonder if he had his lunch as I remembered he stormed off somewhere. I slowly took the sandwich that was in my bag since my mum gave me this in case I might still be hungry after eating the sushi. I took it out and slowly walked closer to Minho, I put my hand forward holding the sandwich to him, I didn't say a word. He slowly turned his head towards me and looked at me. He took the sandwich while still looking at me; I quickly turned around as I still didn't know how to talk to him. I was stopped by a tight gripped on my hand, pulling me, I faced him and then I asked "What is it?" He stared at me and responded "What's this?" holding the sandwich I gave to him in front of me then I replied "A sandwich." He smiled "I knew you still care for me. Why would you give me this if you don't love me anymore?" I looked at him and said "It doesn't mean anything." He stated "You could have just left me but you didn't because you still care for me. You still love me!" My eyes were wide open and then I shakes my head, I denied "No, I don't!" He pushes me to the bookshelves and yelled "Stop denying! Everyone loves me, how can you not?" I was so shock and shouted "Not everyone! You think everyone in the whole school loves you well I don't! I hate you!" He determined "I know you love me! Everyone does and you're the same as them!" I was about to say something but he suddenly pressed his lips towards mine so fast that I couldn't stop it in time. I tried to stop him but he was too strong; tears began to fall from my eyes, he tried to deepen the kiss and I couldn't stop him.

Unexpectedly, a voice was heard "You Bastard!" I saw someone grabbed on Minho's shoulder pulling him back and punches him in the face. My vision was blurry as my tears were in my eyes so I wiped it and saw Onew standing there in front of me. He held on to Minho's collar who was on the floor because of the punch before made him fell to the floor. He yelled, "Don't ever touch her!" I could see him just about to punch Minho again. I quickly grabbed his hand and called "Onew, stop! Don't do it." My tears were still falling from my eyes. Onew looked at me, slowly taking his hand off Minho and grabbed my hand leaving Minho lying on the floor. I looked back as Onew took me away, I could see blood at the side of Minho's mouth. I was lead by Onew, we were walking so fast. I didn't know where we were going and my tears didn't stop.

We walked up to the stairs until we got to the stairs which was close to the roof. There wasn’t anyone around as the bell already rang and people were already in their classroom.  He stopped and turned to me, I was at the step below him on the stairs. He looked down at me with his expressionless face. It was the first time seeing Onew punching someone; I don’t know how I should be feeling. I smiled, “Thanks Onew.” He then responded, “Why don’t you forget about him, your boyfriend.” I stared at him, his eyes were stuck to me and I questioned “How you know he was my boyfriend?” He sighed and replied “How could I not know? We’ve been friends for ages.” I nodded my head, my tears were still dripping down to my cheeks. He used his thumbs to wipe the tears that were falling with both of his hand cupping my face at the same time. He responded “I don’t want to see you cry.” I then replied, “Okay…” He added “I won’t let you cry.” I looked at him in the eyes and he continued “I love you Krystal. I’ve only been watching you.” I was so shock, I didn’t know how to respond as he carried on, “The reason my cheeks turned red is not because I’m shy with girls. But is you, my heart beat so fast when I’m with you. I can’t see you in pain. I won’t let you be in pain! Please…” He paused, I was still looking at him and he continued, “Give me a chance; I promise I won’t make you cry. I will make you forget about him!” I was speechless; no words could come out of my mouth. All I could do was staring at him, he took his hand off me and replied “I’ll give you time to think but please give me a chance to be with you.” He slowly walked down the stairs, leaving me standing their dumbfounded.

I had no idea what I should be doing as I stood there; I lost my strength from my leg which lead me crouching down and sitting on the stairs. I looked at the stairs blankly, too many things were happening at once as I remembered the kiss I bit my lips and touched it. I felt painful and then the confession which lead me feeling confuse. After some time, I realise that I should be going to the classroom since I never missed class before so I quickly went to the toilet to wash my cheeks so I won’t look like I’ve been crying.

I walked in the classroom and the teacher asked “Soojung, you’re late!” She had her shocked expression on her face. I apologised, “Sorry, miss. I wasn’t feeling well.” She nodded her head and I walked in to my seat which was next to Onew. Throughout the lesson which only last 15 minutes since I went back really late, Onew didn’t look at me at all not even once. On the other hand, Minho wasn’t in class and I wonder if his face was okay after the punch.

After school, I could see Onew rushing out of the school, I thought maybe he felt embarrassed or he felt that I need time to think. I really don’t know what to do as I packed my bag, IU ran towards me from her classroom. IU shouted “Krystal, let’s go shopping!” The next thing I know was that I was being dragged by IU outside the school. Luckily, I finished packing my bag and had it with me. 

We stopped when we arrived, I bent down to catch my breath and yelled “Yah, why did you do that?” IU then answered “Well, I really need get something nice for tomorrow dinner!” I got up looking at IU and asked, “Tomorrow dinner?” I added “Going somewhere nice with your boyfriend?” She nodded her head to me and replied “Anyway, I want you to help me to choose a dress. He’s taking me to a high class restaurant! I don’t know what to wear! I need your help!” She grabbed my arm while saying this so I commented, “I’m not really the best but I guess I could help you.” She then hugged me while smiling happily and I just smiled when I saw her smiling face.

We went to many stores and finally got the dress that we believe would be the best for tomorrow night. It was a light blue dress which I find that IU will look so cute in it. After this, we decided to go to the cafe to have a drink and just talk for a while since she's been going out with Taeyang. We didn't have much time to talk to her. I stared at the ice chocolate on the table and she began, "So what happened?" I looked up at her and responded, "Oh, nothing..." I took a deep sigh and she replied "How is that nothing? Did something happen?" She looked at me with her concern face and she added "We are best friend, you can tell me things. Maybe I can help?" I didn't say anything and finally spoke, "IU, what should I do?" I paused and added "Onew confessed to me..." She looked at me with her eyes wide open and stated, "I knew it will happen sooner or later but wow, Onew is braver than I thought!" I drank the ice chocolate from the straw and said "I don't know what to do..." She began, "Well, how you feel about him?" I looked to the side and replied "I never thought of him as my boyfriend, we are just too close and I feel bad if I reject him." She then answered "I think you should give him a chance. You never know maybe you'll regret it if you reject him, you don't want to lose a best friend right?" I nodded my head and she commented "This is just my opinion at the end is what you want." I glance over to the window to see the view outside. I was going home after eating some food at the cafe with IU.

I looked at the ceiling while being on the bed; I wonder what I should be doing. The scene of Minho kissing me was playing in my mind; tears fell from my eyes without knowing. I shook my head and the words from Onew starts playing in my mind:

“I don’t want to see you cry.”

“I love you Krystal. I’ve only been watching you.”

"I can’t see you in pain. I won’t let you be in pain! Please…”

“Give me a chance; I promise I won’t make you cry. I will make you forget about him!”

Maybe this is what I need, someone who loves me more than I love him. I covered the blanket over my head; I know I will be able to love Onew just like how I fell for Minho. I feel bad for using Onew but it was the only way. I was determined that I wanted to forget Minho, the way he hurt me. I wanted to forget everything. Unknowingly, tears fell from my cheeks and I began to cry that night.

____________________________________________________________

I went to a flashmob today~ it was fun.. but the bad thing is that the stupid riot ><

seriously scaring me~ >o>

I tried to write this to calm myself down.. but I think I made it worse~ T.T