Thirteen

You've Got Some Nerve Howon

LORI'S POV May 26,2010


“Yeah he was like totally paranoid. He was all ‘Babe you love me right? You tell me everything right?’ and I was like ‘Hoya of course I love you. There’s nothing I would hide from you. I can’t lie to you.’ And then he cheered up.” I explain as we’re getting our nails done.

“That’s normal. Guys always act like that. They just want to be told they’re loved without having to say it first.” Jiyeon says.

We’ve been here for hours now. Our hair is done, and so is our makeup. All that’s left is our nails.

“Guys are strange. Why can’t they just be straightforward and tell us what they’re really thinking.” Jieun complains. She’s totally talking about Myungsoo.

“Because that’s too much for them to handle.” Jiyeon answers.            

“That’s just stupid.” Jieun responds.

Later at my house after we’ve had lunch we finally get to put on our dresses. Jiyeon's is a bright red color. Jieun’s is a pink. Mine is white.

“You girls look like twins.” My mom says.

“It’s only the hair and makeup. Other than that, we can tell who is who by the dress.” Jiyeon points out.

Jieun and I laugh, it’s true. We look very much alike tonight.

“Are the boys coming over?” My mom asks.

“No they said they would meet us there.” I respond.

After many many pictures, courtesy of my mom, we head off to the party which is being held in a hotel. We’re fashionably late by an hour and to make it worse the girls have to go to the bathroom. I decide to wait for them in the lobby and that’s when I see Hoya looking amazingly hot in a tux. He almost walks right past me but I grab his arm. He turns and his surprised face quickly changes into a smile.

He gives me his hand and I take it. He spins me. “Hey, you look beautiful.”

 “Where are you going?” I ask.

“Ugh, this is such a nuisance. I have to go and give these people the keys to the dorm. They got locked out of the house by forgetting the keys in the car. They also locked the car keys in the car. I’ll be back in less than an hour. Don’t miss me too much.” He quickly kisses me on the lips and walks off.

“You two need to stop.” Jiyeon says.

“Yeah we might die from too much cuteness.” Jieun says.

We walk in and spot Tao and Myungsoo at a table by the front of the dance floor. I notice how nice the room looks and everyone in it too. The school photographer comes around and takes a picture of us. We’re eating when a clumsy server spills grape juice all over Jieun’s dress.

“Oh my god.” I say.

“This can’t be happening.” Jieun says.

“Omo. I’m so sorry miss. Come with me. We’ll help you get clean.” She says.

Jiyeon and I follow them. The stains refuses to come out with just water. The server calls the nearest cleaners and they agree to clean the dress within 30 minutes. Until then it’s just me and Jieun sitting in a hotel room. Jiyeon goes to explain the situation to the guys. When she comes back there’s a panicked look on her face.

“What is it?” Jieun asks.

“I just over heard student council say that you won Mascarade Queen.” She says.

“What? But I didn’t run for that.” Jieun freaks out.

“Two words. Huang Zitao.”I say.

“What?” They both say.

“He’s running for king. He probably entered you.” I explain.

“Omo. I feel like I just won an award.” Jieun says.

“Hello. Earth to Jieun. Here’s the problem. They’re announcing the winners in 10 minutes. Your dress doesn’t get here for another 20.” Jiyeon says.

“I can’t go down there like this.” She’s wearing a bathrobe.

“Take my dress. We’re the same size.” I offer.

“I can’t. What will you wear?” she has a pouty face.

“Hoya isn’t coming back for a while longer. I can just stay here then when your dress comes we can change again.” I say.

“I’m not sure about this.” She looks a bit uneasy.

“Jieun there’s no time. Just take the dress!” Jiyeon  says.

“Alright. Alright.”  She gives in.

I take the bathrobe and as soon as she’s dressed she leaves with Jiyeon.

 

TAO'S POV


“Yah! Tao sit down. Or at least dance with one of these girls. They’re all starring at you and they’re not that ugly either.” Myungsoo says.

“Fine. They take too long.”

“They’re girls.”

At that moment Jiyeon and Jieun walk into the room. Jieun is wearing Lori’s dress. It’s so strange.

“Attention everyone.” One of the student council members says. “I hope everyone is having a great time.” The crowd cheers. “It is time to announce this year’s royal court.”

“Tao-shi. Why did you enter me?” Jieun suddenly asks.

“Because I know you’ve wanted to win one of these things at least once.” I answer.

“Aww! Your prince and princess are so cute aren’t they.” The announcer says.

I turn and see two unknown underclassmen up on stage.

“And now the moment you’ve all been waiting for. Your 2010 king and queen are… Huang Zitao and Lee Jieun.”

“Shall we?” I extend my hand.

“I guess we have to.” She smiles and takes it.

 

HOYA'S POV


It’s so late already! Aish, these guys making me miss this party. I get out of the car and I walk into the hotel where I crash into Jiyeon.

“About time Hoya.” She crosses her arms.

“It’s a long story. I’m sure you know what it’s like when your group gets locked out of their own dorm.”

“No but it was probably a mess.”

“That’s an understatement. Where’s Lori?”

“Upstairs. Room 214.” She walks off.

The elevator reaches the second floor. I turn the corner and down the hall I see two figures. Tao and Lori. He’s kissing her. And she’s kissing him back. My heart shatters into pieces. So what I heard yesterday wasn’t just a misunderstanding.

Lori why? Why do you do this to me? What have I ever done to you, other than care too much? I’ve given you everything. Why? I thought I was a good boyfriend, always putting you first. I’ve treated you better than anyone else.

Or is it not me? Is it Tao? What does he have that I don’t? Was there never a chance for me in your heart?

A million other questions run through my head. The sadness in my heart is overtaken by anger, but I won’t do this here. I’ll save it for later. This is neither the time nor the place.


D: noooooo hoyaaaa waeee? 

well at least he knows this isn't the right time. but waeeeee D;