Three

You've Got Some Nerve Howon

Everyone turns as Tao chokes on whatever he was eating. Howon pats him on the back. Tao coughs and drinks most of his water.

"Who are you guys kidding? Seriously? Ri over here is like my little sister. Our mothers are best friends so every summer they visit each other. It's only natural that they would bring us along and that we'd become close friends." he explains.

" OH! That makes sense! You guys didn't seem like you were dating." Jieun looks at Tao and mouths the words "sorry oppa".

"Then why'd you ask?" Myungsoo's eyes narrow as he looks at Jieun.

"Bring it down a notch, yeah? She was just curious." Jiyeon puts her hand on Jieun's shoulder.

"Tsk. Whatever." he says and leaves.

"What's wrong with him?" I ask. Myungsoo doesn't look back. Not even once.

"Attitude. He'll come back when he swallows his pride and decides to apologize." Howon says, shaking his head.

Tao looks at Jieun and his face becomes serious. "I need to talk to L..." he runs a hand through his hair and goes after Myungsoo... err, L? 

Something feels weird in this atmosphere. Tao never acts weird. Howon mentions Myungsoo's attitude, and it bothers everyone. Yet he also has one, but it only bothers Jiyeon. There's something going on here, besides the fact that these people all have attitudes.

"What's wrong? Is there something on my face?" Howon says.

"Ani!" I want to burry myself in a hole when I realize i was starring at him while I was lost in thought. I mentally facepalm myself.

"Well then, I think I'll go too. You guys help out Lori no?" Howon gets up.

"Ne" Jieun says.

Jiyeon gets up. "We should probably get going too. I don't like it when the locker room is too full anyway."

I follow them out of the cafeteria and down the hall feeling overwhelmed by the stares from everyone. I've never been popular in my life before. It actually feels nice to be noticed for once. How I went from nobody to somebody in less than a day is just a lot to take in. 

We get to the locker rooms and change into our uniforms. I take the locker next to Jieun's. The gym seems pretty average, at least until i find out we have a crazy hard workout. I can tell everyone is feeling the burn, yet no one complains and no one talks. They all just do what the trainer says. I'm relieved when i find out the workout is finally over. We're cleaning ourselves of the sweat and getting dressed when Jiyeon hits the empty locker next to hers.

"I can't take it anymore." she says.

Jieun slams Jiyeon's locker shut. "No. You can't."

"But I need it!" She glares at Jieun.

"No you don't. You know you're addicted. You've gone almost three days without it. Just make it through today." There's an intense stare down between them. Jiyeon walks away looking frustrated.

"Umm, if you don't mind me asking, what exactly is she addicted to?" I can't help but be curious, seeing that this just happened right in front of me.

Jieun comes closer and whispers "Something very dangerous." She opens Jiyeon's locker and motions for me to come closer. I'm shocked to see that she's addicted to... that substance.